What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reunion League Commentary Thread (1 Viewer)

shadow - the crux of your team lies in if the toe lingers for gates and how well deuce and lendale do this year

i personally think you will be fine but there is some risk there

I wouldve backed up gates with at least with one of the 2 rooks in a later round
Yea, I would of double bagged it. - Brett Farve

ShadowMaster Self Analysis

QB - Cutler, Delhomme

RB - LT2, L.White, McCallister, T.Bell

WR - Welker, Ward, A.Gonzalez, J.Jones (GB), L.Robinson, R.Williams (TEN)

TE - Gates

PK - Folk, Reed

DEF - TEN, CLV, MIA

QB

Nothing fancy, but 2 solid starters who both have a star WR1 to generate production. I like Cutler to continue to get better with his improved WR2 and Delhomme should rebound from a bad and unhealthy 2008 with MuMa back opposite Smith. Both are on run first teams, so this is a bit of a blue collar approach.

RB

LT2 is easy money. I like Lendale White better than everyone this year - and I see him producing well for the run first Titans with C.Brown leaving town. I feel very comfy with McCallister as my RB3 and Bell should start or play RB3 for Detroit so he should generate some points.

WR

Again - I went with a blue collar group - opting for steady production over home run hitters. I LOVE Welker to continue to produce where he left off and Ward is as steady as they come. For WR3 - I went with some 2-4 year breakout potential in good situations. Gonzo, Jones, and Robinson all have a shot to start and Roydell is still the WR1 in TEN and should see similar targets and production if all else fails. While I usually go for the solid past producers, and this represents a group based much more on potential - but I got almost all of my late WR targets and I'm comfy with the risk.

TE

Antonio Gates. I'm done. Seriously - If healthy and his old self he is a steal in the 3rd.

PK

Solid pair on good teams

TD

The 3rd D was not planned, but I wanted production I could use with my 18th pick and a 3rd D repsented my best option with what I saw left. So in honor of Mad Viking I went D heavy to try and maximize my point potnetial from the slot.
The bold red is why I would have backed him up as others have stated. Without the injury, definitely go for it. But, with the injury, if he doesn't go, its a double whammy for you. No scoring at TE position at all AND lost the early pick.I grabbed him in the SSL in the third round as well and in my opinion its a great pick, but also solo?

I'm pretty confident that Gates will be fine - reports have him running and on target - so I'm not buying into the panic surronding his surgery recovery.

As for a backup - after Pimp took Johnson - I really did not see anyone who would contribute much - even if thrust into a starting role. Top prospects left were Alex Smith, Shiancoe, or Royal - none of who see many targets or red zone looks.

As for the TE rooks - that is NEVER an option in my book. Go find me some good, fantasy worthy, 1st year stats from a TE. Fact is, it takes a solid year to learn both the pass and blocking schemes in the NFL and year 2 is the magic year to target a good TE prospect.

In the 18th, I considered a RB flyer on K.Jones, Alexander, or T.Henry - but opted for the 3rd D.

OldMilwaukee said:
OLD MILWAUKEE

QB’s

4. 2 Carlson Palmer cin/8

11.13 Trent Edwards buf/6

An average group.

RB’s

3.13 Edgerin James ari/7

6.02 DeAngleo Williams car/9

9.13 Cedric Benson ?/?

12.02 Dominick Rhodes ind/4

15.13 Ladell Betts was/10

17.13 Derrick Ward nyg/4

Considering what happened with Benson, I though I lucky to be able to catch up with you sharks. :lmao:

I grabed some excellent late round value in both Betts and Ward. :whistle:

I got schooled on the Rhodes pick. :hot: This pick in the 12th was my worst pick in the draft!! He likeley would have been available in at 13.13, and I would not have missed out on that WR’s run. He is one hell of a football player though. :banned:

I’ll be good with this group.

WR’s

1.13 Reggie Wayne ind/4

2.02 Andre Davis hou//8

7.13 Nate Burleson sea/4

8.02 Vincent Jackson sd/9

16.02 Micheal Jenkins atl/7

Thin? I had to give it a try at the 13th slot. I believe the position to be strong enough.

TE’s

5.13 Vernon Davis sf/9

10.02 Zach Miller oak/5

I view this position as one of the most important positions in football. I generally over pay for the position, however with the 2pt per reception scoring……………….I am alright with overpaying a little.

DEF/ST

13.13 Buffalo Bills buf/6

14.02 New York Giants nyg/4

Homer pick with the Bills……Don’t sleep on them. Both units should finish in the top quartile with a reasonable chance one makes the top5.

K’s

18.02 Rian Linell buf/6

SOP
:coffee:

OldMilwaukee said:
OLD MILWAUKEE

QB's

An average group.

RB's

3.13 Edgerin James ari/7

9.13 Cedric Benson ?/?

17.13 Derrick Ward nyg/4

Considering what happened with Benson, I though I lucky to be able to catch up with you sharks. :confused:

I grabed some excellent late round value in both Betts and Ward. :confused:

I got schooled on the Rhodes pick. :hot: This pick in the 12th was my worst pick in the draft!! He likeley would have been available in at 13.13, and I would not have missed out on that WR's run. He is one hell of a football player though. :banned:

I'll be good with this group.

WR's

1.13 Reggie Wayne ind/4

2.02 Andre Davis hou//8

7.13 Nate Burleson sea/4

Thin? I had to give it a try at the 13th slot. I believe the position to be strong enough.

TE's

5.13 Vernon Davis sf/9

10.02 Zach Miller oak/5

I view this position as one of the most important positions in football. I generally over pay for the position, however with the 2pt per reception scoring……………….I am alright with overpaying a little.

DEF/ST

Homer pick with the Bills……Don't sleep on them. Both units should finish in the top quartile with a reasonable chance one makes the top5.

K's

18.02 Rian Linell buf/6

SOP
Andre Davis at 2.2 is a bit of a reach don't ya think? :shock: :shock:

OldMilwaukee said:
OLD MILWAUKEE

QB's

An average group.

RB's

3.13 Edgerin James ari/7

9.13 Cedric Benson ?/?

17.13 Derrick Ward nyg/4

Considering what happened with Benson, I though I lucky to be able to catch up with you sharks. :lmao:

I grabed some excellent late round value in both Betts and Ward. :thumbup:

I got schooled on the Rhodes pick. :lol: This pick in the 12th was my worst pick in the draft!! He likeley would have been available in at 13.13, and I would not have missed out on that WR's run. He is one hell of a football player though. :lmao:

I'll be good with this group.

WR's

1.13 Reggie Wayne ind/4

2.02 Andre Davis hou//8

7.13 Nate Burleson sea/4

TE's

5.13 Vernon Davis sf/9

10.02 Zach Miller oak/5

DEF/ST

Homer pick with the Bills……Don't sleep on them. Both units should finish in the top quartile with a reasonable chance one makes the top5.

K's

18.02 Rian Linell buf/6

SOP
:lmao:
Andre Davis at 2.2 is a bit of a reach don't ya think? :lmao: :lol:
a little.....

Captain Hook's final kick-### 2008 Reunion League Roster

.....and auto-analysis

QB - Rodgers (8), Campbell (10), and Warner (7)

Sans one of the presumed stud qbs, I think this is the best group of quarterbacks (and it could well turn out to play up depending on matchups and how many games Warner actually starts (or finishes) for the Cardinals)

Grade = B+
This is a top trio for potential, but a B+ is a VERY high score without much past experience. Rodgers has 59 attempts of real game experience (about 2 games in the Packers O). Campbell has averaged only 11 TDs his first 2 years and I see no guarentee he will improve (new OC, etc). Warner is the wild card - but today this is a C group with potential.I'll add that I don't undrstand the Warner/Leinart situation. Warner looked very much like his old MVP self scoring 28 TDs in only 14 games for the Cards (some part time play). Why they would not want to start him again in 2008 is baffling to me. Much like Rodgers, I'd sit Leinart behind the vet and take my best chance to win in 2008. Warner IMO is your best option to take this group to a B+ level, but you need to trust the Cards - a franchise that has a VERY bad history of getting choices like this right.

OldMilwaukee said:
OLD MILWAUKEE

RB’s

3.13 Edgerin James ari/7

9.13 Cedric Benson ?/?

17.13 Derrick Ward nyg/4

Considering what happened with Benson, I though I lucky to be able to catch up with you sharks. :confused:

I grabed some excellent late round value in both Betts and Ward. :pickle:

I got schooled on the Rhodes pick. :hot: This pick in the 12th was my worst pick in the draft!! He likeley would have been available in at 13.13, and I would not have missed out on that WR’s run. He is one hell of a football player though. :banned:

I’ll be good with this group.

SOP
This RB stable is a perfect example of why I don't like the WR/WR start to any draft, especially when over 10 teams.Benson in the 9th was good value at the time, but he wasn't going to save this group.

Edge is your only solid starter, he'll get the touches - but he is 30 this season and his TD production has been low the past 2 years.

DWill is now a backup to the rookie Stewart.

Not so sure of the value on Betts and Ward. Ward has to contend with Jacobs and Bradshaw for touches. Take away the abberation of 2006 and Betts is a career 55-60 RB.

While I like Wayne - I'm not so high on Andre Johnson (due to the QB and O scheme) to take him over the anchor for a solid running game. I don't think you put yourself enough ahead to make up the hole you have at the RB position. I see many weeks where you get <5 points at the RB2 slot.

Hi guys, I hope the offseason has been good to you all. Best of luck to everyone this year. Was just wondering if we had a link yet for our league yet?

Cheers.

WOOT!

Week 1 is finally here!

I'll 2nd Grouse with a good luck to all - looking forward to seeing it all play out.

Twilight - are you running ffplace this year? I hope so, because I love your site.

WOOT!Week 1 is finally here!I'll 2nd Grouse with a good luck to all - looking forward to seeing it all play out.Twilight - are you running ffplace this year? I hope so, because I love your site.
you're gonna need it with taterbell and roydell cut, laurent bypassed by michael jenkins, and james jones out for a game or 2goin into the season with 3rbs, 4wrs and 1 te (who happens to be coming off injury)better hope gates can playbut ya good luck to you too SM :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping that we still get to follow this through the season and Good Luck to all, may your players be injury and stupidity free this year!

I think we may need to use some of the winner's pot to get us some sort of league tracking for this group. Maybe check with Yudkin on what he did for his Anarchy groups. With ffplace gone, we not only loose our auto-scoring, but the schedules and such as well.

I hate this idea, but...... If we can't come up with a tracking option, I think we should cancel the season and get everyone their entry fee back before things get messy.

Yet another bit of work stopped. OK, I'm now deleting Reunion from the Excel worksheet I've been working on for the SL's. And Rvnz. Take my $25 out of the money you still haven't sent me and send it to whomever is holding the money for this league since I'm not hosting it.

OK...

damn, alittle salty, aren't we? first beer is on me!... :wub:

2nd, we need to get Twi a stripper or something--sounds alittle backed up :goodposting:

I hadn't heard jack-#### on this, so I've hooked The REUNION up w/MFL site, on my dime--if anyone wants to shoot me a couple bux to offset the expense, I'll gladly accept

Twi--I'll keep the $25 for your fees in this, and resend the $$$ we collected for you, again

I'm not sure if it was a bad addy or what, but it was sent out in May, returned in June when I was away

OK...

damn, alittle salty, aren't we? first beer is on me!... :goodposting:

2nd, we need to get Twi a stripper or something--sounds alittle backed up :goodposting:

I hadn't heard jack-#### on this, so I've hooked The REUNION up w/MFL site, on my dime--if anyone wants to shoot me a couple bux to offset the expense, I'll gladly accept

Twi--I'll keep the $25 for your fees in this, and resend the $$$ we collected for you, again

I'm not sure if it was a bad addy or what, but it was sent out in May, returned in June when I was away
You have no idea... :hifive:

OK...

2nd, we need to get Twi a stripper or something--sounds alittle backed up :excited:
You have no idea... :thumbup:
OK, Twilight...pls let me know PP went thru this time :thumbup:

(and we'll work on that other thing for you!)

on the business front:

scoring loaded?.....CHECK!

rosters loaded?.....CHECK!

passwords sent?...CHECK!

if everyone would check in, check rosters I'd appreciate it...Shadow is -2 players(Roydell Williams/Tater Bell) and Pimpin' is -1(EJohnson)...not in system

if you guys would keep your eye out, in the event they are added later, I'll do the same

g/l all!

OK...

2nd, we need to get Twi a stripper or something--sounds alittle backed up :thumbdown:
You have no idea... ;)
OK, Twilight...pls let me know PP went thru this time :lmao:

(and we'll work on that other thing for you!)

on the business front:

scoring loaded?.....CHECK!

rosters loaded?.....CHECK!

passwords sent?...CHECK!

if everyone would check in, check rosters I'd appreciate it...Shadow is -2 players(Roydell Williams/Tater Bell) and Pimpin' is -1(EJohnson)...not in system

if you guys would keep your eye out, in the event they are added later, I'll do the same

g/l all!
PP went through. If you want to add the missing players now, go to Commish>Setup>Reports and other Settings under Appearance setup

Display NFL Free Agents on Fantasy Free Agent Lists? - Change to Yes, and they'll be listed

RIP grouse

:lmao:
Ain't that the truth. First time I won't make the playoffs and rightfully so. Should never have drafted a quarterback that early :( Best of luck to everyone the rest of the way.

May the injury gods be with you!

PS: I'm about to launch a new sports web site and if anyone wanted to kick the tires on it and give some feedback, I'd hugely appreciate it. Just PM me if you're interested.

u need 27 from chambers tonight twillight

i have tjones(-15)

get ready to take your first loss chummmmp

:undefeated:

u need 27 from chambers tonight twillighti have tjones(-15)get ready to take your first loss chummmmp:undefeated:
Sorry Fid but I am hoping Twi gets the points from Chambers - it will keep my WCOFF team undefeated despite getting 3.2 points from Westy and FWP

update w/playoff matchups:

week 14:

ShadowMaster(1624)@ Pictus Cat(1640)

Team Legacy(1765)@ Capt Hook(1835)

Division champs, resting this week:

Fiddles (10-3)

radballs (9-3-1)

"Paging Mr. radballs, please pick up the white phone on the concourse, Mr radballs!"

Reunion site

"please check in for your championship semi-final!"

rzrback77 thru 8 roundsQB - RB - S Jackson, D McFadden ®, and Kevin Smith ®WR - Chad Johnson, Holt, S Moss, & J Walker TE - HeapI am really liking this squad, but I seem to be missing something. What does team rzrback77 have in common with the Chiefs, Ravens, and Falcons?
K Smith did help that team out.
Do you seriously like your roster through 8 rounds better? Give you an advantage at QB, but my WRs are way better and I like Heap better as well. RBs possibly a slight edge to you, but close.
QB - Brees by far. RB - Like you said, I like my group better. WR - WAY BETTER? Seriously? Chad may not even play, and don't for a second think its not possible. So then its Owens vs Holt = OWENS - Roddy vs SMoss = Roddy - B Johnson vs Javon, and personally I'm not drafting Javon "Drew Carter is blowing me away" Walker anywhere.TE - Heap with questions at QB and health ... better than Clark in a H2H league? I don't think so. So since you asked my opinion, there it is. Good luck tho.
Pretty sure that Chad will play so yes I like my WRs way better. Convenient to not bring up Atlanta QB with Roddy White. Why are there so many questions about Heap this off season?
how good did this team look this summer? :hot:

4.12 Big Ben (6) 13.03 TJax (8)

A nice combo. Both in good situations.

1.03 ADP (8) 3.03 R Brown (4) 9.03 L Washington (5) 15.03 S. Morris (4)

If ADP and Brown go nuts, which they could... Washington for no zeros, SMore's a flyer for his early 07 production

2.12 Housh (8) 5.03 Cotchery (5) 6.12 Mason (10) 8.12 Stallworth (5) 12.12 Branch (4) 16.12 Carter (5)

3 good strarters, 3 good flyers

7.03 Daniels (10) 17.03 Pope (7)

Every team needs a nice pair

14.12 Kaeding (9) 18.12 Bryant (10)

10.12 San Diego (9) 11.03 Chicago (8)

Two Ks. The DSTs need to be special to deserve their draft spot.

Week 5 looks to be a little unsavory, but I think the team has a shot at the $$$ with its upside. I hope I'm at least some competition for entertainment's sake.
Getting TJax & Branch back just in time.

Eli 4 Garrard 7Portis 10 TJones 5 Forte 8Plax 4 Calvin 4 Wilford 4 Toomer 4 Hardy 6 Stokley 8 Hester 8 Breaston 7Witten 10 Crumpler 6 Raiders 5 Broncos 8Scobee 7Love the qbs especially with eli not penalized for intsRBs are not deep but the opportunity is there to have 3 possible starters.WRs are worrisome so I went with 8. I have the first 4 of them off week 4 but everyone else on the team except for eli is playing. Alot of stars need to align for this group but hopefully by throwing enough at the wall something will stick.TEs are extremely solidDST - really like the raiders dst this year. dhall is gonna put some points up out there. Broncos who knows.K Between Garards efficient play and the top notch running game I see tons of scoring opps for scobey this year. Mike herman agrees so I went solo.I really like my chances if a few of those later wrs step it up.
Should be interesting this week. Forte, Breaston, Hester - great value

well, we're into finals week---the recap...

Team Legacy, defending champ BTW, rides HUGE effort of Dallas Clark (12-142-1) and his 44 points over the 'pedestrian' effort of CCooley for Team Radballs(6-51...17 pts) for a 151-134 victory---radballs actually had a 10 point lead in the other positions but years best output by Clark was too much to overcome

and in a nailbiter, Fiddles holds off the Pictus Cat 125-122---PC was looking for 8 or more out of Dante Stalworth last night, but w/Ken Dorsey looking like he was playing 7 on 11 all night, anyone looking for Clev FF points to pull out W's were left wanting for more :wall:

the differance in this matchup had to do w/WR1 efforts....Fidds rode Charles Johnsons' 9-110-1 (26) line to victory, as PC could only scrape a baker's dozen out of Jerrico Cotchery's 4-34-1 stat line

so week 16 sees Fiddles step up to the plate and try to derail the first back-to-back Reunion champion...previous champs:

'04-grouse

'05-Family Matters

'06-ravnzfan

'07-Team Legacy

thanks pictus good luck legacylets get it on :tfp:
You too. These leagues are alot of fun. Draft em and sit back. My kind of leagues! ONLY 2 POINTS seperate our teams this season. Talk about even!Fiddles:QB - Garrard, Eli >> vs Colts and PanthersRB - Forte, TJones and Portis >>> WOW, nice hits!WR - Calvin, Breaston, Hester, Toomer, Plax, Hardy >> Hits on Calvin AND BreastonTE - Witten, Crumpler >> Witten best in the biz.PK - ScobeeD - broncos, Raiders >> Matchups against Buf and HouTL: QB - Brees and Ryan >>> Got lucky here. C'mon Brees, pass the ball on the Lions! Don't run it out.RB - Grant, Turner, Br Jackson, Mendy >> Mendy busted out, but Turner has been huge. Tough matchups this week for Grant/Turner in CHI/MINWR - Owens, Roddy, Walter, Bryant Johnson, Curry, DJack >> Hit on Roddy and Walter. TE - Dallas Clark, Keller >>> Hits here.PK - Gould, Rackers D - Bucs, Saints >>> vs SD and DET. Here's hoping the Saints can get something big here.Well, THANKFULLY, you can ONLY start 2 of your 3 STUD RBS on me, but with those studs, you're virtually guaranteed big points there. You'll DOMINATE me at RB, I can only hope that my QB and WR make up the difference, as PK and DST are always a crapshoot. I'd say our TE is a coin flip. Either way, good luck. I hate to see only 1 winner get any dough from this, but that's the way it works. Maybe a slight change to consider next year. You make the final game, you get to play for free next year. That sounds fair.

Also, great seasons by Perry and Ollie. I always enjoy going up against my buds and Ollie, you won our 3rd place FFPC game, so you cashed more than I did there. Good luck to us in the Championship round there. Here's hoping we post 200 this week and cash!

thanks pictus good luck legacylets get it on :rolleyes:
You too. These leagues are alot of fun. Draft em and sit back. My kind of leagues! ONLY 2 POINTS seperate our teams this season. Talk about even!Fiddles:QB - Garrard, Eli >> vs Colts and PanthersRB - Forte, TJones and Portis >>> WOW, nice hits!WR - Calvin, Breaston, Hester, Toomer, Plax, Hardy >> Hits on Calvin AND BreastonTE - Witten, Crumpler >> Witten best in the biz.PK - ScobeeD - broncos, Raiders >> Matchups against Buf and HouTL: QB - Brees and Ryan >>> Got lucky here. C'mon Brees, pass the ball on the Lions! Don't run it out.RB - Grant, Turner, Br Jackson, Mendy >> Mendy busted out, but Turner has been huge. Tough matchups this week for Grant/Turner in CHI/MINWR - Owens, Roddy, Walter, Bryant Johnson, Curry, DJack >> Hit on Roddy and Walter. TE - Dallas Clark, Keller >>> Hits here.PK - Gould, Rackers D - Bucs, Saints >>> vs SD and DET. Here's hoping the Saints can get something big here.Well, THANKFULLY, you can ONLY start 2 of your 3 STUD RBS on me, but with those studs, you're virtually guaranteed big points there. You'll DOMINATE me at RB, I can only hope that my QB and WR make up the difference, as PK and DST are always a crapshoot. I'd say our TE is a coin flip. Either way, good luck. I hate to see only 1 winner get any dough from this, but that's the way it works. Maybe a slight change to consider next year. You make the final game, you get to play for free next year. That sounds fair.
Doesn't get much closer than this... It all comes down to a TIE heading into monday night!! Wow!!I have the higher of the two (Grant and Brandon jackson) and Gould-1He has Forte-11Good luck bro! Forte has been killer all year!

Tied @115!

Fiddles has 2 going tonite:

Forte -11

Hester -4

TL has 2 also:

best of GB-RB's Grant or BJax

Gould-1

only 1 RB score posted for TL@this point, so Grant/BJax total is net, from 0

good luck guys---tie is a split pot, and we will have a discussion on tiebreaker for next season

ravnzfan said:
Tied @115!

Fiddles has 2 going tonite:

Forte -11

Hester -4

TL has 2 also:

best of GB-RB's Grant or BJax

Gould-1

only 1 RB score posted for TL@this point, so Grant/BJax total is net, from 0

good luck guys---tie is a split pot, and we will have a discussion on tiebreaker for next season
Ouch... How did I not see Hester??? THAT SCARES ME EVEN MORE!

Users who are viewing this thread