What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP keeper league needs one GM (1 Viewer)

Rusty Barr

Footballguy
16 year old IDP keeper league. We need more more new GM for 2008.

12 team 16 year old well established keeper league. Three new GMs will draft apart the three vacant rosters for keeper players before we get cranking this season. We need one more new GM. We draft throughout the summer. Three separate drafts. The first one is around the end of July. The second one is in mid August and the last one is right before the NFL season starts. The drafts are set up on nights when we know for sure that each and every league member can be on-line at the time of the draft. This sometimes can be a challenge with 12 coaches, but we do not have draft dates set up yet, nor will we do that until early in the summer. $150 entrance fee. We use CBS Sportsline. Most of the league members are in their late 30's and 40's now. Mature serious players only. Because of the constant in-season trading and most national cell phone plans, players must live in the continental United States of America. Sorry about that Canadians. Nothing personal.

Unique league where we start 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 5 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 PK, 5 LB's, 4 DL's and 4 DB's each week. 50 man rosters.

60% of typical weekly scoring comes from the offense and 40% from the defense.

There is a keeper aspect and a salary cap aspect that promotes some level of parity going in to each new season.

Very detailed rule book and scoring system.

After all these years we think we have one of the best most intense formats in the country. Luck, as always, plays a factor, but this league is for serious die hard football fans only, as those who do their homework get rewarded. If you don't do homework, you probably will not be competitive. The extra large IDP aspect eats up most passive gamers. Some come in, thinking they know and truly follow football, then they find out they are over their heads in our league, a league that almost requires you watch the real life NFL news intensely every day for each and every NFL team from the start of the season until the end of the season. In a deep league it is critical to be the first one to know that so and so just got hurt, and you are able to get on line immediately and snap the free agent backup off the waiver wire. This sounds easier than it is. Our league history shows that the coaches who are the most active are the most successful. Trades and the draft play a huge part too, but number one, I'd say, its all about staying on top of the NFL player news continually from sun up to sun down.

READY FOR THE ULTIMATE SHARK TEST?

For details please call me on my cell phone at 843-822-5280 or you can email me at chrisfranco@sc.rr.com.

I will send you an invite to the CBS league site and you can come in and poke around. This is our 8th consecutive season on CBS Sportsline so our website contains a ton of fantasy football history.

Thanks.

Chris Franco

b. 1962

Florence, SC

chrisfranco@sc.rr.com

843-822-5280

:bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:
The three new GMs will draft apart the three vacant rosters for keepers late in June. Date TBA.

1 spot left.

email me at chrisfranco@sc.rr.com

843-822-5280 is my cell phone

-

I do have PayPal for fees. For some reason that seems to be the number one questions guys have been asking. Yes, transactions of league money done through PayPal if that is the way you prefer to do things.

Users who are viewing this thread