What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maryland FBG leeg forming here (1 Viewer)

roadkill1292

Footballguy
Last year my league purchased Big Time Fantasy Sports' system for live fantasy auctions. It was a runaway success for our two local leagues but carries a hefty price tag of $480 (yes, we're dorks). If you live within an hour of Westminster and want to use this tool at a steeply discounted price, please let me know of your interest. We'll carry your cost over a two year period, if that's any help.

To see this system, go here. I hate sounding like a shill but this tool made for our greatest auctions EVAH.

Last year this thread segued into discussion of a Maryland FBG league and that's cool if you want to revive that idea in this thread. As a commissioner of an active 16-team league already, however, I'm probably not the guy to get such an animal organized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year my league purchased Big Time Fantasy Sports' system for live fantasy auctions. It was a runaway success for our two local leagues but carries a hefty price tag of $480 (yes, we're dorks). If you live within an hour of Westminster and want to use this tool at a steeply discounted price, please let me know of your interest. We'll carry your cost over a two year period, if that's any help.

To see this system, go here. I hate sounding like a shill but this tool made for our greatest auctions EVAH.

Last year this thread segued into discussion of a Maryland FBG league and that's cool if you want to revive that idea in this thread. As a commissioner of an active 16-team league already, however, I'm probably not the guy to get such an animal organized.
roadkill....how much you guys looking to get for the use of the software?

my local league uses rotating auction/serpentine draft--we're bidding this yr and we might be intersted in this

TIA...rav

roadkill....how much you guys looking to get for the use of the software?

my local league uses rotating auction/serpentine draft--we're bidding this yr and we might be intersted in this

TIA...rav
Howdy doody once again. PM on the way.

Another attempt at this?
If by "this" you mean a league startup, let me again point out that this isn't my primary goal here, though it sounds like fun. I'm mostly looking for area leagues to come in with us and cut the price on this fairly expensive, but way cool, auction tool.

I was disappointed that the new league didn't get off the ground last year. I'd definately be interested again if we can make it happen.

I'm in Roadkill's Balt/Wash area league and I can vouch for the software. It is a great tool.

I am doing a live auction league in Vegas on Thursday Sept 4 - is this something you would be done with by then and be willing to let me take with me and then come back with it (I live in Columbia MD) - if so, we kind of cost would we be looking at.

Thanks

I am doing a live auction league in Vegas on Thursday Sept 4 - is this something you would be done with by then and be willing to let me take with me and then come back with it (I live in Columbia MD) - if so, we kind of cost would we be looking at.Thanks
PM sent.

Local FBG leagues should just happen.

Let's get 10-14 guys and make something happen here.

I'm in it for the cameraderie, so let's just do a $50 league and get the ball rolling.

Local FBG leagues should just happen.Let's get 10-14 guys and make something happen here. I'm in it for the cameraderie, so let's just do a $50 league and get the ball rolling.
I'm worried about competing against a guy who's up at two in the morning. :goodposting: Actually, the enthusiasm is great. FBGs who are interested should post here or contact Fear The Turtle.

Jeff Pasquino said:
Local FBG leagues should just happen.Let's get 10-14 guys and make something happen here. I'm in it for the cameraderie, so let's just do a $50 league and get the ball rolling.
Right.Format: AuctionLocation: Glenelg, MD (Howard Co.)Fee: $50Membership: roadkill1292Jeff P.ravnzfanFear The TurtleKenlinroadkill's amigoCommuterManExtreme Fajitaphillyfan72ZownedJMon348Rayderr

Jeff Pasquino said:
Right.Format: AuctionLocation: Glenelg, MD (Howard Co.)Fee: $50Membership:roadkill1292Jeff P.ravnzfanFear The TurtleKenlinfatnessroadkill's amigo
I would like to be added to this list. I'd be willing to help out in a supporting role for this league.Thanks :shrug:

Very interested. I would also be willing to help with rules, web-site setup, whatever's needed. I Commish an auction/IDP with salary cap/contracts etc. so am familiar with just about any format you go with.

PM sent to Fear the Turtle. BTW is that a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld turtle?

Very interested. I would also be willing to help with rules, web-site setup, whatever's needed. I Commish an auction/IDP with salary cap/contracts etc. so am familiar with just about any format you go with.PM sent to Fear the Turtle. BTW is that a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld turtle?
Probably more a reference to the University of Maryland Terrapins sports teams - they use the slogan "Fear the Turtle"

Very interested. I would also be willing to help with rules, web-site setup, whatever's needed. I Commish an auction/IDP with salary cap/contracts etc. so am familiar with just about any format you go with.PM sent to Fear the Turtle. BTW is that a reference to Terry Pratchett's Discworld turtle?
Probably more a reference to the University of Maryland Terrapins sports teams - they use the slogan "Fear the Turtle"
Hi foursport,I didn't see you as "in" yet.Are you up for it, or is it a matter of scheduling?I'd prefer an earlier August auction as well as I get tied up quickly on draft dates.

Not in the Balt/Wash area to participate but that looks like a nice little gadget for auctions.

Have you had any issues with malfunctioning or anything? How often you have you had to replace the clickers? So from what I gather you pay the $350 for the gadget plus the $20/yearly for player updates? If you also play baseball/basketball, it seems like it'd pay for itself pretty quickly.

Not in the Balt/Wash area to participate but that looks like a nice little gadget for auctions. Have you had any issues with malfunctioning or anything? How often you have you had to replace the clickers? So from what I gather you pay the $350 for the gadget plus the $20/yearly for player updates? If you also play baseball/basketball, it seems like it'd pay for itself pretty quickly.
We've only had the system for a year so nothing's worn out yet and there weren't any malfunctions at all during our two auctions last year. You get 18 clickers so I don't anticipate needing any more of those for a long time. We bought the big system which cost $480 when you factored in shipping. The football only updates are $15 annually. The system simply takes all the hassles out of auctioning. The next owner gives me a player and a starting bid, which takes seconds to enter from a drop down list of players. Then I punch the start button and the bidding is on. The timer countdown takes care of when it's over and you can reset it at any time. For example, we did our first two rounds with a 10-second timer and then reduced it by a second each ensuing round until we were down to 5 seconds, which really helps the back end of an auction step right along.When the bidding is completed, the system posts the player to the owner's roster and adjusts his money situation automatically, which is up there on the screen for all to see. And it also has sound and announces certain information at the beginning, during and ending of the bidding.We also had two remote owners participate and that went off without a hitch as well. They saw everything (and heard most) from their computers in Florida and Texas that those of us who were there did. Just an amazing tool for auctioning.

Early August works for me too. Any chance of Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th? I'll make anything work if I have to since this will be my first live auction, but that weekend would be the easiest for me.

If you can get someone to take my spot, please do. Right now I'm working ungoldy hours and I do not know when it'll let up.

Sunday, August 10th and count me in. Glenelg is 35 minutes from my grandmother. If willing to have the draft in Frederick, my g/f works at Holiday Inn and can possibly get a discount there for a meeting room that day. Also willing to pitch in with any help needed, I run several leagues here of FBG's (including JMon) of all types. May be able to count me in for another owner as well if we need one.

Someone take charge of this please and organize it.

Glenelg looks to be the spot.

Late July / early Aug looks to be the time.

Auction and $50.

Let's get 12 guys and roll!!! (And I'd be open to 14)

Someone take charge of this please and organize it.Glenelg looks to be the spot.Late July / early Aug looks to be the time.Auction and $50.Let's get 12 guys and roll!!! (And I'd be open to 14)
With fatness out and Zowned and JMon in we're up to 11 members. Support seems to be building for the weekend of August 9 & 10? Any objections?

Someone take charge of this please and organize it.Glenelg looks to be the spot.Late July / early Aug looks to be the time.Auction and $50.Let's get 12 guys and roll!!! (And I'd be open to 14)
With fatness out and Zowned and JMon in we're up to 11 members. Support seems to be building for the weekend of August 9 & 10? Any objections?
yeah i have a friends birthday that weekend at VA Beach, lol thats the only thing i have planned til Thanksgiving.

yeah i have a friends birthday that weekend at VA Beach, lol thats the only thing i have planned til Thanksgiving.
I could also do July 26-27 or Aug 2-3, though the Glenelg site would not be available on Aug 2-3.

Fear The Turtle said:
JMon348 said:
Fear The Turtle said:
Jeff Pasquino said:

Auction and $50.

I could also do July 26-27 or Aug 2-3, though the Glenelg site would not be available on Aug 2-3.
Step 1: Cut a hole in the box
Step 1: Get 12-14 guysStep 2: Pick a date / time

Step 3: Agree on location

Step 4: $$$ Agreed upon

Step 5: Rulebook

Step 6: Enjoy the league

Jeff Pasquino said:

Auction and $50.

we're well on our way here...Fear the Turtle on point, I'm lending a hand and it appears there are several more who can help in a pinchI'll keep track of the league membership, and try to coordinate the date that'll work for all...also, I'll pay for this website and link it to those that are "IN"

your spot in the league is held upon payment ($50 covers all, software and website)

it appears a weekend day is preferred, so we'll work w/a Saturday morning 10AM start so that we can still make time w/the Mrs :coffee:

let's try to keep JMon on board and the weekend of the 2/3 is out for FtT's location

I'll be working on a 14 man league, so if we have any late scratches we can still go w/say a 12 teamer...if we have 14, we use a 13 game, perfectly balanced schedule, and we play for a slightly larger pot, although this league will be all aboutbragging rights!

so...does the 16th work for you guys, or is this too late?

Right.Format: AuctionLocation: Glenelg, MD (Howard Co.)Fee: $50Membership: roadkill1292Jeff P.ravnzfanFear The TurtleKenlinroadkill's amigoCommuterManExtreme Fajitaphillyfan72ZownedJMon348Rayderr
I'm working off this list as of right now...currently @12, we have room to go to 14, so let me know!

I'm out for a Saturday draft, I'm a waiter, Saturday is essentially a 12-14 hour day for me. My dad is a strong maybe for a Sunday draft. His id is albruce35 on here.

In for Sunday Draft (1st or 2nd weekend in August)

Zowned

albruce45

Nate B.

The three of us will be traveling down from PA for the draft. Can also make as alternate if there's too many.

ravnzfan said:
Right.Format: AuctionLocation: Glenelg, MD (Howard Co.)Fee: $50Membership: roadkill1292Jeff P.ravnzfanFear The TurtleKenlinroadkill's amigoCommuterManExtreme Fajitaphillyfan72ZownedJMon348Rayderralbruce45Nate B.
I'm working off this list as of right now...currently @12, we have room to go to 14, so let me know!
Looks like we're up to 14 with the Zowned trio. We'll start a waiting list. Let's throw July 26-27 into the scheduling mix as well.

Please post Y or N for the following dates:

July 19: Y

July 20: Y

July 26: N

July 27: N

Aug 9: Y

Aug 10: Y

Aug 16: Y

OK...

Glenelg site is out 8/3

JMon is out 8/10

I mention those Sunday dates as Zoned is out all Saturday's

:no:

Let's shoot for Sunday 8/17, brunchie, say 11AM-ish...

I can stay in HoCo after work, get to the site early and help set up, get coffee, doughnuts...whatever

are there any problems with Sunday 8/17?

speak now, or forever hold your peace!

oh...site:

FBG's Balt/Wash Auction League

puppy is paid for (rode piggyback on my Misfits Leagues discount)...we're doing this!

OK...

Glenelg site is out 8/3

JMon is out 8/10

:wub:

I can stay in HoCo after work, get to the site early and help set up, get coffee, doughnuts...whatever

oh...site:

puppy is paid for (rode piggyback on my Misfits Leagues discount)...we're doing this!
:goodposting:

Date of 8/17 works for me.

At this point I can make any of those 3 weekends - and I'm sure we can find a location, so don't let the 8/3 weekend die due to that (there's even a chance I could pull off the location myself) - but let's work on 8.17 for now.

OK...

Glenelg site is out 8/3

JMon is out 8/10

:rant:

oh...site:

good for Sunday 8/17:ravnzfan

JP

Turtle

Fajita

JMon

ComMan

:confused:

JMon348 said:
any detailed rules yet? how exactly the auction is gonna work, never have done a live one before.
we'll use WCof FF rules, to keep it simplepaging roadkill:hopefully he be around draft day

JMon348 said:
any detailed rules yet? how exactly the auction is gonna work, never have done a live one before.
we'll WCof FF rules, to keep it simplepaging roadkill:

hopefully he be around draft day
Because of as yet undetermined vacation plans, my participation as an owner is unsure but I'll do everything possible to make the auction system (link in the first post if you don't know what I'm talking about) available to this here new leeg if it wants to use it. Again, please note that someone will need to procure a projector and big screen. Costs should be about $5/head.For you auction newbies, this system will take care of all the money management for you so you can concentrate on overbidding for your players instead. :pickle:

Since we're going all out with the hardware, any chance we can go all out with the rosters and make it IDP? It's possible to do without making the rosters too large (25-26 would do it) and still keep the auction down to a reasonable time. Live Auction/IDP = FF in it's purest form.

Since we're going all out with the hardware, any chance we can go all out with the rosters and make it IDP? It's possible to do without making the rosters too large (25-26 would do it) and still keep the auction down to a reasonable time. Live Auction/IDP = FF in it's purest form.
Not going to happen here, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread