What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Funniest movie scenes ever (1 Viewer)

Ghost Rider

Footballguy
This thread has probably been done before, but to hell with it. It is Friday, so what better day than to discuss the funniest movie scenes ever.

First ones that come to mind are:

-The principal's office scene in Porky's. "We can put up 'Wanted' posters all over school!"

-The bathroom scene in There's Something About Mary. "How did you get the zipper all the way to the top?" :(

-The Swamp Castle scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "She's got huge....tracts of land!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The conversation between the Wilson brothers in Royal Tenenbaums with the crazy paintings on the walls.

The scene in Old School when Will Ferrells character shoots himself in the neck with the tranquilizer dart.

You touched upon a few movies wherein I have different scenes:

Something about Mary:

- Maybe nothing makes me LOL harder than the whole scene with the dog. The fight scene, the "defibulator", dog bursting into flames, flying out the window, the full body cast, - Hilarious.

Holy Grail:

- Laugh at this every time: The scene in the tower with his son: "Wha - the curtains?" :goodposting: And the whole scene with the guards there to "So, we are to leave and follow you..." :confused:

So many great scenes in so many movies, but these two definitely make me LOL every time.

-The Swamp Castle scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "She's got huge....tracts of land!"
-The Black Knight scene is the best in the movie.
Yeah, the first time you see the movie. Everyone says that is the funniest scene after seeing it once, probably because it is the most obvious humor in the movie, but repeated viewings make it one of the least funny scenes in the movie. Most of the other scenes are far more clever and funny.
-The principal's office scene in Porky's. "We can put up 'Wanted' posters all over school!"
Great scene - I think it was funnier watching the principal and teachers stifle their laughter more than the lines themselves.:tallywacker:
Oh, definitely. The coaches and principal all slowly losing it makes the scene.

Great scene - I think it was funnier watching the principal and teachers stifle their laughter more than the lines themselves.:tallywacker:
Absolutely. :P I'll add one - The scene in the gym when the girl starts howling. The old guy PE coach just dying laughing. The kids laughing -getting the ball right in the chest he's laughing so hard. I can absolutely relate to that. I swear to God, the laughing scenes are some of the best in the whole movie. - And that's saying something. :bye:

You touched upon a few movies wherein I have different scenes:Holy Grail: - Laugh at this every time: The scene in the tower with his son: "Wha - the curtains?" :P And the whole scene with the guards there to "So, we are to leave and follow you..." :bye:
That is part of the same scene I mentioned. :)

Absolutely. :P I'll add one - The scene in the gym when the girl starts howling. The old guy PE coach just dying laughing. The kids laughing -getting the ball right in the chest he's laughing so hard. I can absolutely relate to that. I swear to God, the laughing scenes are some of the best in the whole movie. - And that's saying something. :)
The howler was a young Kim Cattrall. :bye:

Yeah, the first time you see the movie. Everyone says that is the funniest scene after seeing it once, probably because it is the most obvious humor in the movie, but repeated viewings make it one of the least funny scenes in the movie. Most of the other scenes are far more clever and funny.
I still think it's the best after all these years. :P

"Animal House" - when the dean's wife, drunk as a skunk, slams her car up on the sidewalk at whathisname's house. I don't know why it gets me laughing so much - maybe the editing, as it cuts immediately to her ramming the trashcans - but it does. And the finale, when they crash the parade, too.

"Spinal Tap". Really too many to list - Stonehenge & Derek getting stuck in the pod are the first two that some to mind.

Weekend at Bernie's - Most of the movie was hilarious

I especially like the scene when he falls out of the boat and they are dragging him behind.

Weekend at Bernie's 2 - Everytime they play the music, he starts walking. The way he walks cracks me up everytime

Woah, how could I forget the scene containing this classic exchange:

"Hadn't any of this occurred to you, man...sir?"

"No, Mr. Lebowski, that had not occurred to me."

"That had not occurred to us, Dude."

You touched upon a few movies wherein I have different scenes:Holy Grail: - Laugh at this every time: The scene in the tower with his son: "Wha - the curtains?" :lmao: And the whole scene with the guards there to "So, we are to leave and follow you..." :lmao:
:confused: If you'll notice (or listen to the commentary) the whole scene with the guards was one continuous take. Graham's hiccups were totally ad-libbed and had everybody almost dying laughing. And at one point, the other guy comes dangerously close to lighting his head on fire. The whole "curtains" line just kills me. The whole scene's great, but that one line has my chuckling as I type. I occasionally whip out that line to my own (and nobody else's) personal amusement. :D The whole part where he scribbles a note and shoots the arrow - good lord, that whole thing just cracks me up. :D

You touched upon a few movies wherein I have different scenes:Holy Grail: - Laugh at this every time: The scene in the tower with his son: "Wha - the curtains?" :lmao: And the whole scene with the guards there to "So, we are to leave and follow you..." :lmao:
:confused: If you'll notice (or listen to the commentary) the whole scene with the guards was one continuous take. Graham's hiccups were totally ad-libbed and had everybody almost dying laughing. And at one point, the other guy comes dangerously close to lighting his head on fire. The whole "curtains" line just kills me. The whole scene's great, but that one line has my chuckling as I type. I occasionally whip out that line to my own (and nobody else's) personal amusement. :D The whole part where he scribbles a note and shoots the arrow - good lord, that whole thing just cracks me up. :D
"Well, see, the thing is, I thought your son was a lady.""Well, I can certainly understand that." FUNNIEST FLICK EVER. :)

The first 5 or 6 scenes in that movie are classic1. African vs European swallows

2. Bring out your dead

3. The one with the political commoner (one of my favorites)

4. Black knight

5. Witch scene where they compare a witch to a duck

Can't really think of a movie with a funnier 5 opening scenes...

The names he came up for the lady in the lake were hysterical: "Look, Just because some moistened bint hands you a dagger -that's no way to establish a mandate!" "Soggy Tart." - you name it. Cracks me up. He completely destroyed the whole concept of the Lady in the Lake. :goodposting:

Oh - I have to add Good Morning Vietnam: "What does 3 up and 3 down mean to you?" :sleep: "End of an inning?" :goodposting: :shrug:
Another great movie (at least the first half of it)"Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, should we keep the PC on the QT, 'cause if it leaks to the VC, he could end up a MIA and we'd all be put on KP."

The first 5 or 6 scenes in that movie are classic1. African vs European swallows

2. Bring out your dead

4. Black knight

Agreed. I watche HG about a month ago and unfortunately found that the movie really declines from there. But that's like most comedies do.

Oh - I have to add Good Morning Vietnam: "What does 3 up and 3 down mean to you?" :hot: "End of an inning?" :headbang: :lmao:
Another great movie (at least the first half of it)"Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, should we keep the PC on the QT, 'cause if it leaks to the VC, he could end up a MIA and we'd all be put on KP."
"Sir, you're in more dire need of a ####### than any white man in history."

The names he came up for the lady in the lake were hysterical: "Look, Just because some moistened bint hands you a dagger -that's no way to establish a mandate!" "Soggy Tart." - you name it. Cracks me up. He completely destroyed the whole concept of the Lady in the Lake. :headbang:
And the look on the commoner's face when Arthur talk about the Lady is priceless. He gets that "what in the hell is he talking about?" look on his face. Hhahahahahahahaha!

2. Bring out your dead

4. Black knight

Agreed. I watche HG about a month ago and unfortunately found that the movie really declines from there. But that's like most comedies do.
Have you seen Spamelot? They freshen it up with scenes that were not in the movie & some of those had me laughing just as hard as some of the original film scenes did.

Have you seen Spamelot? They freshen it up with scenes that were not in the movie & some of those had me laughing just as hard as some of the original film scenes did.
I've thought about going, but didn't really want to just see a stage version of the movie. If there's original material I may have to reconsider.

2. Bring out your dead

4. Black knight

It really does. Although saying it out loud is complete blasphemy to some people... There are definitely some more funny scenes (the curtains scene mentioned above for one), but over all it just doesn't match up with the first 20 mins or so of the movie.

Randy: Can I get you something?

Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!

Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive. :shrug:

Randy: Oh, good.

Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.

Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?

Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!

Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!

First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!

Jive Lady: Jive ### dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

I've thought about going, but didn't really want to just see a stage version of the movie. If there's original material I may have to reconsider.
I saw this in NYC a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it a lot. It has the same basic plot, but they definitely change things. There are some new/changed scenes. The lady of the lake for instance has a greatly expanded roll (and greatly expanded cleavage). I'm not usually a fan of musicals, but most of them were funny enough to make them entertaining.

When Will Ferrell shot himself in the neck with the tranquilizer gun in old school.

Was at the movies and almost hyperventilated.

REG

They've bled us white, the bastards. They've taken everything we had,

not just from us, from our fathers and from our fathers' fathers.

STAN

And from our fathers' fathers' fathers.

REG

Yes.

STAN

And from our fathers' fathers' fathers' fathers.

REG

All right, Stan. Don't labour the point. And what have they ever given

us IN RETURN? (he pauses smugly)

XERXES

The aqueduct?

REG

What?

XERXES

The aqueduct.

REG

Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah. That's true.

MASKED COMMANDO

And the sanitation!

STAN

Oh yes ... sanitation, Reg, you remember what the city used to be like.

REG

All right, I'll grant you that the aqueduct and the sanitation are two

things that the Romans HAVE done ...

MATTHIAS

And the roads ...

REG

(sharply) Well YES OBVIOUSLY the roads ... the roads go without saying.

But apart from the aqueduct, the sanitation and the roads ...

ANOTHER MASKED COMMANDO

Irrigation ...

OTHER MASKED VOICES

Medicine ... Education ... Health

REG

Yes ... all right, fair enough ...

COMMANDO NEARER THE FRONT

And the wine ...

GENERAL

Oh yes! True!

FRANCIS

Yeah. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left, Reg.

MASKED COMMANDO AT BACK

Public baths!

STAN

AND it's safe to walk in the streets at night now.

FRANCIS

Yes, they certainly know how to keep order ...

(general nodding)

... let's face it, they're the only ones who could in a place like this.

(more general murmurs of agreement)

REG

All right ... all right ... but apart from better sanitation and medicine

and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater

system and baths and public order ... what HAVE the Romans done for US?

XERXES

Brought peace!

REG

(very angry, he's not having a good meeting at all)

What!? Oh ... (scornfully) Peace, yes ... shut up!

This is the funniest movie scene ever. Also note Life of Brian > Holy Grail

I'm not one of the cult followers and thought the movie as a whole was meh but there's one scene in Clerks where a mom and little kid go into the video store to buy a movie and the dude's on the phone with the distributor and it's the hardest I've ever laughed while watching a movie.

eta:

Although the complete movies don't hold up well, I would say some of my favorite scenes in comedies have come from old Jerry Lewis movies. Ladies Man, Bellboy, Who's Minding The Store to name a few. All have 2 or 3 hilarious scenes.

All of the touchstone scenes from the film are there, but there's enough new scenes to make it well worthwhile. I laughed harder at the play than I ever did at the film, which is saying something.

I saw this in NYC a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it a lot. It has the same basic plot, but they definitely change things. There are some new/changed scenes. The lady of the lake for instance has a greatly expanded roll (and greatly expanded cleavage). I'm not usually a fan of musicals, but most of them were funny enough to make them entertaining.
Did she have black hair & look Italian? If so, she was the same actress I saw in the DC production last winter. She was an absolute knockout.

Uruk-Hai said:
Ripley said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Uruk-Hai said:
Did she have black hair & look Italian? If so, she was the same actress I saw in the DC production last winter. She was an absolute knockout.
Here she is. She looks better in person, IMO, than she does in this pic: Esther Stillwell

Dr. Peter Venkman: If I'm wrong, nothing happens! We go to jail - peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it! But if I'm *right*, and we *can* stop this thing... Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

Users who are viewing this thread