What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auto-pick strategy (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
While probably the simplest way to draft, and the least fun, autopick does have some advantages.

I'm starting one and wondering if there's any real strategy to be had here, aside from ranking your players how you really would draft them.

If you rank them in order and the entire order is digested each pick, that's a different animal.

If it's pick X amount per round, then use ADP and think a round behind like in round 6, fill 7 of 10 spots with round 5 players. Once you get out of the first so many rounds ALOT of players fall in these drafts.

Here is a great article from 2005, it really helped me out in last year's draft.

http://footballguys.com/05freelance_conrad01.php

One league I'm in is an autopick draft. The people in the league are scattered across the country and we all seem to have different schedules. So, we use autopick. It's not the greatest way to draft, but it's still not that bad.

I have done a few and the method I use is to rank RB, WR, QB and TE but put all K and D-teams on your excluded list. This way you can pick-up a kicker after the draft and with D I just play the WW for match-ups.

I have done a few and the method I use is to rank RB, WR, QB and TE but put all K and D-teams on your excluded list. This way you can pick-up a kicker after the draft and with D I just play the WW for match-ups.
I could have sworn I tried that with Yahoo and it still forced a kicker and D on me.

Users who are viewing this thread