What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ONE opening full IDP dynasty league! (1 Viewer)

SCGiants

Footballguy
http://www40.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/27203

Thats the link... check out the bylaws to see the rules. It's a $14 league and a fun league. HUGE rosters! Many starters - FULL IDP.

Draft starts July 7th - dues must be in by Friday (will accept paypal for the new owner since its so late). Check it out it is a great league. The team that is open is labeled "open team" and it's a damn good one. The previous owner split because he is expanding his law firm. Great owners in this league from no experience to very experienced so don't be shy. This league is going into it's second year.

If your interested please email me at scgiants@msn.com - do not reply to me here as I do not frequent this site hardly ever.

Please - again- please read the bylaws thoroughly before asking a question already addressed lol. I manage at work all day and have a 2 yr old grandson when I come to babysit so I do not like to babysit in this also lol.

This leagues owners average age is probably in the area of 30-15. Adults only please. Thanks.

Here are the complete rules as written in the bylaws section:

OVERVIEW

This is a full IDP Dynasty League. If a player is on your roster he is yours until you drop him. No contracts, No salaries.

The purpose of this league is to obtain 12 diehard fantasy football owners who are:

1. Dedicated to their team over the long haul (many many years)

IF YOUR A QUITTER STAY AWAY!

2. No WHINERS (no men who act like #####y women)

3. active..no really you HAVE to be active. Meaning draft on time, respond to trade offers timely (within a day hopefully even if its to say I need more time)

4. Open for different scoring. Not interested in how your "other league does it"

5. No ebonics, I don't care if its not politically correct to say it either, speak English or stay the **** out. I have no desire nor care how its spoken in "da hood". In this league speak so an adult can understand what your trying to communicate.

This is a year long league..meaning as their is no off-time in the NFL there will be no off-time here.

One person cannot own or manage more than one team. (one call to "cousin Joey in NY" and fingers will be broken for violaters)..actually cheating is something I take VERY serious and have zero tolerance for it.

You will have to get me your phone number in case we need to contact you for any reason during the draft etc. No late calls will ever be made and of course I would respect a "do not call time". I know that people sleep early with some jobs and kids etc. also. This would be for emergency use only.

MEMBERSHIP DUES:

The dues are $14 (American Dollars) each owner per year and will be broken down to be distributed like this:

MFL has to get paid....

The Champ gets a trophy plus the shipping thats it. Dues can be voted on in the future to be raised to accomadate more trophies etc.

Dues must be mailed snail mail. My other league takes up the dues in paypal and I am not going to upgrade to business, send checks, money orders or cash at your OWN RISK.

There will be no additional costs for trades, free agency pick-ups etc.

There will be no refunds for dues for any reason what-so-ever including if you get kicked out.

If the league breaks up at any point in time any member who paid there dues that year will be refunded the amount they paid. Minus any costs that have already concurred that year.

ALL DUES MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE ANY DRAFTING STARTS NORMALLY Year one we will not have the time for this since its late .

After year one all dues must me to me before July 4th.

This will be a 12 team league

Each player can only be on one roster.

Each Team name will start with a major to mid-size city name or state name ....then your team name after that. If your team name would not be accepted by the NFL then don't try it here I will refuse it. Most people should have heard of the city name. The city should be known in that state as a larger city.

(examples of good names: Los Angeles Earthquakes, Olympia Rainmakers, Little Rock Rebels, Maine Lumbermen, South Dakota Hunters.)

(Examples of names that wouldn't fly: Boston Bi-atches, Ansonia Pimps, Oregon Outlawz, (though Oregon Outlaws would be fine), Rock City Rapers)

Approval of all team names goes through the commish.

Helmets must be chosen for all teams...use the same criteria if the NFL wouldn't allow it neither will I.

No avatars on the message boards will be allowed that is not related to football or your team name or you. Again use the NFLs morals as a guideline to how owners should conduct themselves.

I am not going to complain about foul language. I have no problem with men speaking as men, Though avoid any racial slurs. That is extreme ignorance to me and I don't have tolerance for it.

Ladies...or men that lean a little on the woman side...if you are considering this league then know that foul language will be spoken time to time and if any of those words upset you then think twice about being here. This is also not a ad campaigning for people that only use cussing as the only way they communicate but I see nothing wrong with it as long as its within reason on the message board.

League scoring is defined on MFL and will not change. The only way it can change is in the off-season (after the superbowl and before the NFL draft) if 10 of 12 owners agree to it.

Message Board:

We will not use MFLs message board as it quite frankly sucks. I will set us up another on a free site that I know of. If this ever turns out to have an expense we will pay for one from our dues. I have used this one thats free for years and I don't expect that to change but you never know. Not many leagues use this so its so far so good as far as being free. Its top notch though!

STARTING LINE-UPS:

Weekly starting Line-ups will be 1 QB, 3 RBS, A total of 6 starting WR/TEs (NO MANDATORY TE), 2DT, 2DE 5LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 Kicker

DRAFT:

Two drafts. One draft (always the very first draft) is 10 rounds. Only NFL rookies can be drafted.

(after year one anyone wanting to pass on one or more rounds of this will have that option as long as they give me notice so we do not sit out your timer for nothing)

The second draft is a extention of the first and will start round 11. This draft is to complete your roster. Any NFL player can be drafted in these rounds rookie or veteran.

All rounds will be random... generated by MFL year one and year two on it will go worst to first 1-12 1-12 .

Worst to first meaning as of week 13 the top 6 picks will be known (the Toilet bowl has no bearing on draft position)..the bottom 6 teams will be determined by the playoffs with the Champ picking last.(12th)

If a owner misses their draft timer they will be fined $5 per time depending on their reason.(fines collected will be distributed to the league champion) After 2 times they may be replaced again on a case by case scenerio. Year one will be a short timer because we are strapped for time. 3 hr timer...with the timer being off from Midnight till 6am est. This timer can be shortened if time runs too close to kickoff. Use of the draft card is critical and also a call can be placed or a message left on the MB is trouble arises. Next year we will use a 8 hr timer with off-time 2am-6am est. Again the timer can be shortened if we start running close.

Active Rosters

There is a 65 man active roster maximum year one..at the beginning of year twos draft another 15 spots will be added to max us out at 80 spots . (since TS has been voted away it is all now active roster space) Yes this is high, I am aware of that... but its meant to sandbag..remember this is not ####### luck league..its because of your planning .....know your players and rules when you draft or you will be in deep trouble. Roster limit will not be shortened but can be boosted if the league votes it in for future years (8 of 12 would be needed only to be voted in the off-season). Injured Reserve

10 man limit. Only players that are on the NFLs official injury report listed as Questionable, Doubtful, OUT or IR may be placed on it. These players will need to come off of this asap when they are Probable or better.

VICE COMMISH

Vice commish will be directly responsibel for double checking the commishes moves..to dbl check written rule to MFL rule..(added per commish 8/30/07)

WATCHDOG GROUP

There will be a three member watchdog committee. There will be three back-up watchdog members in case a watchdog member or more is involved in the dispute.

Watchdog (hereafter refered to as WD) members and back-up members will be assigned by the commish.They will remain in that position until either they do not want it or the commishoner feels it good to get other members involved for a change. The WD is responsible to settle matters that the commish feels either:

A. requires more than a one man decision

B) The commish is directly involved in and refers it to the WD himself to be sure parity is received.

(This is not a escape route to use when you do not agree with a commishes decision)

C. Any case the commish decides to throw onto them instead of rule on something himself.

The purpose of the watchdog is to settle matters in more of a league voice without going to the extremes of a league-wide vote.

The Commish can rule on something with a team and if the team disagrees they can ask the WD for a challenge...and if all three of the WD members are against the ruling then the commish will have to come up with a different ruling. A team can use this one time per season. If the watchdog overturns the commish then the team will not be penalized the one time and will still have a time left to challenge a ruling. This is in place for the league to assure them that the commish does not turn Hitler and run amuck with crazy ideas. A safegaurd if you will. Again it will have to be a unanymous decision by all three WD members to overturn a commishes ruling. This challenge is only usable on rulings that are against a team or penalties. Not leage wide decisons unless handed to the WD by the commish.

In the case of a owner disagreeing with a ruling or penalty against him each party involved will have two times each to communicate to the WD members on why they feel the way they do. The team that the ruling is against (defendant) will speak first, commish second, defendant, commish) at that point if the WD members have any questions they can ask and the same procedure will repeat. Then the WD has 24 hrs from the end of discussion to come to a decsion. If they do not in that period the ruling stands. If a game is played in between this prcedure the teams will go on as it was before the decsion and the game played cannot be changed unless WD rules it so. The WD cannot pass down pusnishments that is the commishes job unless specifically given to the WD to decide.

The WD will also help with making sure that rosters are correct etc. This includes back-up WD members.

Backup WD members will be named by the commish of who is to take the place of a regular WD member if one or more WD members is allowed in the dispute. Usually a rotation will be used unless the commish thinks a back-up member may be partial to one side or the other. The commish can also name a back-up if he feels a reg WD member may be partial on a particular case for whatever reason.

Players will get points ONLY as listed. If it isn't listed they get no points. So when trick plays happen and you have a question if the occurance wasn't in our rules explicitly then you are #### out of luck.

Misc. ranting worth knowing:

If collusion is suspected.. the commishoner reserves all rights to refer it to the WD committee if a satisfactory decision is not made by the commish.

Do not throw games.. if anyone is proven or if I or the WD committee finds you guilty beyond reasonable doubt to have intentionally lost a game that player can face at minimum a 6 slot drop in both drafts and possible banishment without any refund of monies. By proof it must be overwhelming.. not because a player benched a usual star for a decent reason.

It is your team.... and I like as little government as possible involved in an owners decsion with their team. I have seen what seemed to be horrific decisions turn out to be great calls by the owner in question. Do not come to me accusing unless you have a decent case to bring that to the table. Just because YOU think Randy Mosis outstanding and has top value dies not mean that all owners do..and if Moss was traded for say Robert Meachum don't cry to me. The owner trading Moss may see more value in Meachum who is younger.

We play to win EACH AND EVERY GAME HERE.. that is rule.

Concerning player position changes:

NFL.com then FOOTBALLFootballguys.com is the depth chart used as the final judge on a players position. If one differs from another then we will use any recent news (published via legit sourse) to decide which is more accurate. If no news is found then the commish will check other sites that he is aware of to see which corelates the closest. Commish holds final say in this case. A players position can be changed at anytime diuring the season and an owners player will be adjusted. This does not happen retroactive..it does not cover special or gimmick plays either. Meaning if last week your DE played as a LB but nobody changed his depth chart position then he is still a DE. If it changed the Saturday before the game and nobody caught it and the player was started a lineman though he was a linebacker then its too late for that Sundays game. If it is caught after that game then he will be changed to a LB for future starts. If a DE is a PT linebacker or safety etc is a LB and his official position is a DE or a S then the player is set in line-ups as their ossicial position.

Though FBG is not FREE I and others in here are members. If a dispute is noted and you are not a FNG member post it on the MB and one of us will verify and I will change it as needed. NFL.com is free. I will also post the depth chart sites on a per team basis on our MB.

Concerning ETHICS :

The following are banned:

1.Using waivers to make a trade after the trade deadline.

2."Loaning" players. (i.e. "I'll trade you my backup defense, but you have to give it back after your bye week.").

3. Two-part trades. ("You give me LT this week and I'll give you LJ next week," or, "Here's a 3 player for 3 player trade, but I don't want to give you my RB until next week. Let's trade the other 2 for 2 now and agree to swap the remaining players next week")

If this were suspected of happening I would name it as guilty and possibly refer this to the WD group. If they agree by majority (Two out of three) then the two teams involved would be penalized...anywhere from banishment to draft picks.

Concerning the leagues longevity:

(all need to read this and understand it.)

The commishoner, me..Brian made this league with the desire of a late start draft after my other leagues drafts took place..though this is "our" league as a whole... it is my league for the making and keeping. I cannot be voted out as commish.. Throughout the years I have been in too many leagues where so many rules changed that it ended up being a completely different league than the one I initially joined.

With that said it is more important for me to say to you that I will ALWAYS try to be as fair and as impartial as I can possibly be. I know that as a owner of a franchise I would expect that... and you will get that by me. I will treat you as I would like to be treated myself if positions were reversed. The watchdog group is also in place to assure owners that I will not run amuck with things and take advantage of any situation. This is my commitment to the league that I am on the up and up the watchdog group was made by me for your sake; so everyone feels comfortable and secure.

I will also state right up front that I will replace any owner that I deem to be a slackass owner..if an owner is not active in answering trades timely etc. submitting line-ups, drafting in a timely manner etc. I do not want to replace anyone...it is a hassle for me also and I hate to see someones hard earned money go for nothing. I do not take replacing owners lightly and will exhaust all other means within a reasonable time before that would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread