What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2008 Cin-Day-Tucky FFL Thread*** (2 Viewers)

BigJohn

Footballguy
I lost the link to the messageboard I created last year, so I figured this would work as good as anything.

- Let's get some draft dates thrown out.

- Are we considering going to a Dynasty?

- What meat are we gonna smoke for the draft?

- How much grain-based beverage will we consume this year? :rolleyes:

I'm more of a follower here, so I'll say that right now, the latter part of my August is wide open. Also, 1) I will contribute as much as possible to helping the team drink more than last year. 2) I will eat any type of meat. 3) I will NOT draft a Defense in the 6th round again. 4) If it goes Dynasty, I'm keeping Chris Henry.

The latest I can do it is probably Aug 23. After that I'm on Baby Alert Status. That whole week is clear for me though.

Dates: I'm only available on Tuesday mornings due to religious obligations

Meat: Sorry, I'm going vegetarian

Beer: Not any more...I'm on the wagon

Whoops...slipped into Bizarro World for a minute there. I'm available any weekend that all you fathers-to-be can coordinate. The beer (amount and type) was perfect last year, so let's not gay it up with some dooshy microbrew. LABATT'S!!! As far as meat goes, I'm gonna bring down some sausage w/ peppers and onions from this great little Italian store here in Y-town, so we can eat like Vikings not once but twice.

Are we having it at Wampus' house or at the bar again?

The latest I can do it is probably Aug 23. After that I'm on Baby Alert Status. That whole week is clear for me though.
Aug 23 is our due date, so I hope we can do it before then. I really don't want to go to dynasty. I really like the full redraft...If we did dynasty I would rather do it seperate from the redraft. I am already in two dynasty's online, and this is my only redraft.

My B.A.S. also kicks in around that time. Our due date is Sept. 9th, but he's a little ahead of schedule, so late August is a definite possibility.BigFun - What's the earliest in August you could do?

I'm in. Up for drinking copious amounts of whatever we have. No nagging wife to worry about anymore, so I should be good to go :own3d:

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in...

Agreed that the beer situation was great last year. I'm also voting to stay redraft since the live draft / cornhole is such a big part of this league.

BTW, can we make a league agreement to ummm be more careful this thanksgiving? I know its cold outside and all, but we do not need to be having our draft disrupted like this every year. :lmao:

Alright, Redraft is just fine. This is actually my only league now. I was just throwing it out.

And, don't worry Cheese, I may be removing the bullets outta the gun soon. 2 is our number.

Guys, right now, I could pretty much make anytime in August work, oh, and I'm fine with redraft, I would just request getting the first pick again please. It really helped last year.

Last weekend in Aug and 1st weekend in Sept work for me. I would consider keeping 1 player from previous year. Beef and beer and maybe golf?

The other not so big John

Last weekend in Aug and 1st weekend in Sept work for me. I would consider keeping 1 player from previous year. Beef and beer and maybe golf?The other not so big John
Early August doesn't work? We got 3 who are probably out after the 3rd week of August.

I'm all for doing the draft at my house. Beats that 100-degree attic we were in last year, although sliding the Hooters girl in the back door may be a bit of a challenge.

The Damned Basement, as it is now officially known, is finished all but a few light fixtures and some miscellaneous furniture. The builder keeps putting off the one or two days it would take to finish it, which is bizarre given how much money I owe him. Nice and cool down there, though, and the bar is fabulous :confetti:

Would Friday, Aug. 22nd work? I know it's cutting it close to Baby Arrival Dates, but that's still pretty far from Game 1.

I can get a keg from Party Source.

Not crazy about a dynasty. Done it before.

I'm all for doing the draft at my house. Beats that 100-degree attic we were in last year, although sliding the Hooters girl in the back door may be a bit of a challenge.

The Damned Basement, as it is now officially known, is finished all but a few light fixtures and some miscellaneous furniture. The builder keeps putting off the one or two days it would take to finish it, which is bizarre given how much money I owe him. Nice and cool down there, though, and the bar is fabulous :confetti:

Would Friday, Aug. 22nd work? I know it's cutting it close to Baby Arrival Dates, but that's still pretty far from Game 1.

Works for me

That would work for me.

Aug 22 is very close. I would prefer the 15/16. Although 22nd is not an impossibility...its just I know if anything goes funny that they'll have to cut her out.

trogg78 said:
Aug 22 is very close. I would prefer the 15/16. Although 22nd is not an impossibility...its just I know if anything goes funny that they'll have to cut her out.
15/16 does make feel a little better too. 22 is a possibility, but definitely makes me nervous.

Sounds like the 15th works better for the breeders in the league, but I'm up for either.

The bar works fine, as well as the Casa de Wampus...no real preference there. Wait, actually since I'm still smoking like a chimney, I'd prefer the bar. But it's not a big deal or anything, I'll just be more surly than usual.

Wampus, what part of town are you in?

In Fort Thomas, every bit of two miles from the Beer Sellar. BigFun knows where it is. Google 120 Lester Ln Fort Thomas, KY 41075. Mapquest

There's a door that leads out back approximately 10 feet from where we'd be drafting, so the smoking is not a problem.

Sounds like the 15th works better for the breeders in the league, but I'm up for either.The bar works fine, as well as the Casa de Wampus...no real preference there. Wait, actually since I'm still smoking like a chimney, I'd prefer the bar. But it's not a big deal or anything, I'll just be more surly than usual. Wampus, what part of town are you in?
:shock: What he said. I have my other draft on the 16th.

The 15th appears to be the favorite, then.

The builder finally showed back up, so the whole basement should be finished this week.

In Fort Thomas, every bit of two miles from the Beer Sellar. BigFun knows where it is. Google 120 Lester Ln Fort Thomas, KY 41075. Mapquest

There's a door that leads out back approximately 10 feet from where we'd be drafting, so the smoking is not a problem.
:shock:
He'll justify any trip to Kentucky to load up on smokes. Although he is back in Youngstown now so he probably just gets them from young Hendry and Tommy out of their trunk.

Verbal Kint said:
WampusCat43 said:
The 15th appears to be the favorite, then.The builder finally showed back up, so the whole basement should be finished this week.
Are you registered anywhere for basement warming presents? I was thinking a bottles of Makers.
We were thinking about having a "Stock the Bar" party, but everyone knows me so well, it would just end up with 100 bottles of Makers. :popcorn:

Verbal Kint said:
WampusCat43 said:
The 15th appears to be the favorite, then.The builder finally showed back up, so the whole basement should be finished this week.
Are you registered anywhere for basement warming presents? I was thinking a bottles of Makers.
We were thinking about having a "Stock the Bar" party, but everyone knows me so well, it would just end up with 100 bottles of Makers. :goodposting:
Gotcha. I'll just bring a bag of ice then.

Sounds fine to me. I'd like to have a poker game before then, when we could draw draft order, argue about rules, etc. Just don't know when it's going to be available. Right now, there's a 5-foot deep drainage ditch being dug across the back yard. Looks like World War I out there. Smells like it, too - they broke a sewer line in the process.

How are we deciding draft order this year?

Are we keeping the same divisions?
Reverse order of last year's records?
Seconded
XThis is a redraft league. Last year has no bearing.

Random.
:idea: We can do a lottery at the poker game.
I tend to agree if it is a redraft then it should be a random system for draft order. Although I certainly wouldn't mind having back to back picks. :eek: The 15th would work out fine for me as well. Shuke, remind me to back my truck into the Wampus lot. :)

;)
He'll justify any trip to Kentucky to load up on smokes. Although he is back in Youngstown now so he probably just gets them from young Hendry and Tommy out of their trunk.
Hey. Hendry got pinched. :thumbup: But I gave 'em nuthin and they got nuthin.

Sounds fine to me. I'd like to have a poker game before then, when we could draw draft order, argue about rules, etc. Just don't know when it's going to be available. Right now, there's a 5-foot deep drainage ditch being dug across the back yard. Looks like World War I out there. Smells like it, too - they broke a sewer line in the process.
Look, unless there's a pile of dead French guys in your yard, we're good. I'll be there as early as the first gambling activities start...I just need a 5 hour lead time. ;)

Who'd be up for a card game next Saturday night, the 19th? The wife's out of town. :kicksrock: Sorry about the short notice, but it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread