What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2008 Cin-Day-Tucky FFL Thread*** (1 Viewer)

If I read the previous instructions correctly on here, the draft order that we rolled for is for determining what draft slot we want to pick from, correct? So if the 2nd pick wants to pick 10th, he will get that chance when his pick comes up?
I don't think we rolled for the "choice". Pretty sure we rolled for draft order, straight up.

Just drew last position in the Golden Ticket draft as well: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I wanted to use these same options (3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding)) in our league, but forgot to mention it before now.

Hi all,

First off, congrats on being in the 2008 Golden Ticket League. Here are a few notes on the league make-up:

The league will have 22 roster spots and be a best-ball, play-all format. It will span weeks 1 through 16.

In best-ball, you do not pick your starters. Rather, the best possible line-up is automatically started for you.

In play-all, you play every other team every week. The highest scoring team gets an 11-0 record for the week, the second-highest scoring team gets a 10-1 record for the week, on down to the lowest scoring team receiving an 0-11 record for the week.

The draft will be NFFC format. That includes 3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding).

In 3RR, the draft is a modified serpentine as follows:

Round 1 - 1-12

Round 2 - 12-1

Round 3 - 12-1

Round 4 - 1-12

Round 5 - 12-1

Round 6 - 1-12

and continuing in serpentine fashion.

In KDS, you pick the draft position you want. Here is the order that will be used:

Jesse Aguilar

Jared Cornell

Lyle Hitt

Amar Desai

Jason Matheny

Brian Garner

Michael Laramie

Joseph Mortellaro

Bob Jones

Kenneth Merrigan

Phillip Hoffman

Keith Hays

Remember that this league will compete for $1,000 cash ($500 first, $300 second, $125 third, $75 fourth).

Thanks,

Clayton
From One of Wampus's earlier posts.It doesn't matter which way we go...would just like to know for sure, since it will affect what little strategy I may have!

This is just the way we're doing it in the Golden Ticket league. While I like it, there was never any discussion about doing KDS (or the 3RR format, dammit) in our league. If any of you guys want to trade positions, that's fine, but I have to know immediately. I'm going to be setting up the draft tonight.

Just drew last position in the Golden Ticket draft as well: :thumbup: :wall: :wall:

I wanted to use these same options (3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding)) in our league, but forgot to mention it before now.

Hi all,

First off, congrats on being in the 2008 Golden Ticket League. Here are a few notes on the league make-up:

The league will have 22 roster spots and be a best-ball, play-all format. It will span weeks 1 through 16.

In best-ball, you do not pick your starters. Rather, the best possible line-up is automatically started for you.

In play-all, you play every other team every week. The highest scoring team gets an 11-0 record for the week, the second-highest scoring team gets a 10-1 record for the week, on down to the lowest scoring team receiving an 0-11 record for the week.

The draft will be NFFC format. That includes 3RR (third round reversal) and KDS (Kentucky Derby Seeding).

In 3RR, the draft is a modified serpentine as follows:

Round 1 - 1-12

Round 2 - 12-1

Round 3 - 12-1

Round 4 - 1-12

Round 5 - 12-1

Round 6 - 1-12

and continuing in serpentine fashion.

In KDS, you pick the draft position you want. Here is the order that will be used:

Jesse Aguilar

Jared Cornell

Lyle Hitt

Amar Desai

Jason Matheny

Brian Garner

Michael Laramie

Joseph Mortellaro

Bob Jones

Kenneth Merrigan

Phillip Hoffman

Keith Hays

Remember that this league will compete for $1,000 cash ($500 first, $300 second, $125 third, $75 fourth).

Thanks,

Clayton
From One of Wampus's earlier posts.It doesn't matter which way we go...would just like to know for sure, since it will affect what little strategy I may have!
That's another league he's in. It has nothing to do with CDTY.

I'm going to stick with Labatts. Party Source says they have it in stock. I'm open to suggestions, but I can't stand weak #### like Miller Lite.

Does anybody have a tub we could set the keg in? We had a nice plastic one, but it mysteriously disappeared.

We are go for draft. The software is set up. The draft software impressively imported our data from MFL, including our icons. If anyone wants to change theirs (Jafo, Cheese - pretty dull), let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to stick with Labatts. Party Source says they have it in stock. I'm open to suggestions, but I can't stand weak #### like Miller Lite.Does anybody have a tub we could set the keg in? We had a nice plastic one, but it mysteriously disappeared.
You guys don't have trash cans down in Kentucky?

I'm going to stick with Labatts. Party Source says they have it in stock. I'm open to suggestions, but I can't stand weak #### like Miller Lite.Does anybody have a tub we could set the keg in? We had a nice plastic one, but it mysteriously disappeared.
You guys don't have trash cans down in Kentucky?
Actually, no. You've seen the lane we live on. Garbage trucks won't go down it, so we put everything in bags and stick them in a dumpster at the top of the hill.

Just the screen. The projector would be a good backup to have (my "replace bulb" light is on), but I've also got a huge whiteboard we could use in an emergency.

Just the screen. The projector would be a good backup to have (my "replace bulb" light is on), but I've also got a huge whiteboard we could use in an emergency.
Not to be difficult, but that thing is kind of a pain to haul around, couldn't we just shoot the projector up onto the whiteboard?

Yeah, we could. The board's got crap all over it, and doesn't clean as well as it should. Plus, I've got to figure a way to get it high enough to see.

Unless anyone has any huge objections, I'm all for it. $5 of it goes for the website, so the prizes should increase about 40% (it will be slightly less, because the weekly wins will count $3 instead of $2).

WampusCat43 said:
Unless anyone has any huge objections, I'm all for it. $5 of it goes for the website, so the prizes should increase about 40% (it will be slightly less, because the weekly wins will count $3 instead of $2).
No problem. I got $74, and scrounged a big bag of change. I'm going to need to win some cash if my kids are going to have any school supplies.

This reminded me - we should discuss potential rule changes during this evenings festivities. Not that anyone will remember them tomorrow.

PS - Anyone going to Buffet this year?? I think I'm going with some friends from work that typically get down there at 8am to start the party. Lemme know if you'll be there and we can meet up.

Users who are viewing this thread