What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Tyrwhitt: $25 or $50 off thru Living Social 5/14/15 (1 Viewer)

Buck Bradcanon

Footballguy
Never seen them priced this low. Granted plenty of sizes are unavailable.. but just sort by price then click your size on the left. Some decent options for $35 (ie not just pale green or whatever..although theyve got that too.. NTTAWWT).

(But i would click on your size first.. plenty of nice shirts not available in my size also..)

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/p/usddefault/r/W...d=&browse=Y

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sure, today I ordered a cheap shirt, tomorrow I get reamed by some fraudulent group fishing for CC #'s. :goodposting:

On sale $34.95 with free woven tie....

http://www.ctshirts.com/ARCHIE
How does their slim fit compare to Pronto Uomo Modern Fit?
Who what now?

Their shirts are a euro-style cut meaning they trend slimmer than say brooks brothers. Their slim = BB's super slim from what I understand.
That is correct. The slim is pretty form fitting. They fit me well, until I sit at a table and try to put my elbows on the table in front of me. Using that as my excuse for why I am too fat.

I'm an 17.5 neck, 43 chest, 34 to 35 waist. Normal fit shirts are balloons on me. According to their size charts, I should go super slim fit but that seems aggressive. Any thoughts?

Eta 34/35 sleeve

[icon] said:
Otis said:
$150 for three shirts and a free tie? #### I'll give them a whirl, can't be bad. :popcorn:
I may have dropped the 14.50 to customize the sleeve length (34.5"). Can't stand too short/long sleeves :hot:
My only concern is the sleeves won't be long enough. At Brooks Brothers I wear a "36/37" -- here the biggest I could find was 36". We'll see. I did, of course, drop the money to monogram the cuffs on 2/3 of them....

I'll try anything for a deal, this seems decent.

[icon] said:
Otis said:
$150 for three shirts and a free tie? #### I'll give them a whirl, can't be bad. :popcorn:
I may have dropped the 14.50 to customize the sleeve length (34.5"). Can't stand too short/long sleeves :hot:
My only concern is the sleeves won't be long enough. At Brooks Brothers I wear a "36/37" -- here the biggest I could find was 36". We'll see. I did, of course, drop the money to monogram the cuffs on 2/3 of them....

I suggest actually measuring your sleeve length... Get a shirt you like. Measure center base of collar to edge of cuff. That's your number. I've found many shirts are a bit off from what they sell at.

FYI word on these shirts is they can shrink in the neck with laundering... I generally clean my dress shirts but something to think about.

[icon] said:
Otis said:

do they have a four button cuffs so you can squeeze your gigantic hands through them?

Otis said:
About 90% of my dress shirts have been Tyrwhitt for the last five years. I never get holes in the elbow which is the best way to indicate quality, as anyone in banking/finance will tell you. To me, their normal spread collars are also the best. Not too wide, not too short.Their retail stores have been expanding a lot in NYC.

Otis said:
About 90% of my dress shirts have been Tyrwhitt for the last five years. I never get holes in the elbow which is the best way to indicate quality, as anyone in banking/finance will tell you. To me, their normal spread collars are also the best. Not too wide, not too short.Their retail stores have been expanding a lot in NYC.
I was a Brooks Brothers guy all my life, but I've heard enough good things about these that for 39 bucks, I'll give it a whirl. Curious to see. I'll post a comparo with the BB non-irons (I've probably owned 4 dozen) once these come in.

:popcorn:

Otis said:
I was a Brooks Brothers guy all my life, but I've heard enough good things about these that for 39 bucks, I'll give it a whirl. Curious to see. I'll post a comparo with the BB non-irons (I've probably owned 4 dozen) once these come in.

:popcorn:
Pretty big BB non-iron fan myself. Willing to try these. Can't beat the price. Thanks OP.

So I wear trim fit shirts from nordstrom. They're not blousy, but they're not form-fitting either. So am I understanding correctly that I should just go classic fit with the CT shirts because they're euro-style? Or should I go with slim?

So I wear trim fit shirts from nordstrom. They're not blousy, but they're not form-fitting either. So am I understanding correctly that I should just go classic fit with the CT shirts because they're euro-style? Or should I go with slim?
If you're in pretty decent shape, go with the regular slim and I think you'll be okay. I have some extra pounds on me and I can wear both the classic and the slim. I can wear 16 or 16.5 neck shirts comfortably, so if I'm looking for a slim fit from CT, I usually just order one in the 16.5 for a little extra room in the body, but go 16 for the classics.

edit: I'd say "euro-style" equates better with their extra-slim.

If you're in pretty decent shape, go with the regular slim and I think you'll be okay. I have some extra pounds on me and I can wear both the classic and the slim. I can wear 16 or 16.5 neck shirts comfortably, so if I'm looking for a slim fit from CT, I usually just order one in the 16.5 for a little extra room in the body, but go 16 for the classics.edit: I'd say "euro-style" equates better with their extra-slim.
I'm assuming the same. With the BB ones, even though I'm a little hefty,I still go slim fit. Extra slim is too tight, but slim is just right. Makes me wonder what fat bastards are out there if I'm wearing the "slim fit."

If you're in pretty decent shape, go with the regular slim and I think you'll be okay. I have some extra pounds on me and I can wear both the classic and the slim. I can wear 16 or 16.5 neck shirts comfortably, so if I'm looking for a slim fit from CT, I usually just order one in the 16.5 for a little extra room in the body, but go 16 for the classics.edit: I'd say "euro-style" equates better with their extra-slim.
I'm assuming the same. With the BB ones, even though I'm a little hefty,I still go slim fit. Extra slim is too tight, but slim is just right. Makes me wonder what fat bastards are out there if I'm wearing the "slim fit."
They're just relabeling yours. Like how Jerry scratches off the 32 and writes in a 31.

Otis said:
These are the only shirts I've been ordering the last 4-5 years. For fit, I can do extra slim or slim. I'm 5'11 172ish 16/34 41-42 inch chest so not the biggest guy. The extra slim shirts can border on being too tight when I am doing active things like push ups in my office (cross reference to old push up thread) but they are fine generally.

Finally giving CT my first try. Few weeks back i got $100 towards them for like $38 (eta: thru like Living Social or somesuch). So did the 4 for $200 for about $140 all-in.

I haven't gotten them in yet but can't wait to cop them at work and see the ladies throw their math at me. I went with slim (not extra slim) because I hate the balloon effect but now you guys have me worried. Maybe these shirts will finally convince me to lose 15 lbs. 6'2" 220.

Thanks for the bump [icon]. :style:

They're just relabeling yours. Like how Jerry scratches off the 32 and writes in a 31.
:lmao:

I'll give 'em a shot for that price. I needed a new tie, and this is like throwing in a top-notch shirt. Thanks.

Otis said:
how are their non-iron shirts?

Otis said:
how are their non-iron shirts?
Great. I have about half non iron vs regular. I lean towards their non-iron if there are similar styles but won't pass on a shirt I like if they don't offer it in non-iron.

Honestly, at $39/pop you're damn near in ####ty Kohl's Cutter & Buck store brand territory. At that point as long as the arms don't fall off after the first washing I think you're coming out ahead :lol:

I'd go slim. I have both and the classic fit are a little poofy.

[icon] said:
Honestly, at $39/pop you're damn near in ####ty Kohl's Cutter & Buck store brand territory. At that point as long as the arms don't fall off after the first washing I think you're coming out ahead :lol:
http://www.express.com/clothing/Men/1MX+Shirts/cat/cat270001

Right now express is having their 40% off sale and you can get a 1mx shirt for 35
CT quality and fit miles ahead of Express. If I needed any, I'd buy up a handful of CT shirts now. You can get 1mx for around 20-25 if you wait around.

Users who are viewing this thread