What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charles Tyrwhitt: $25 or $50 off thru Living Social 5/14/15 (1 Viewer)

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.
6-1 and 185lbs. Athletic cut torso...broad shoulders and thin waist. I don't want fabric bunched up when I tuck it in. Guy I quoted here says extra slim fits perfectly but I've got a little on him....would I be pushing my luck with extra slim cut?
What's the neck size?

J
15.5"

I'm 6', 175-180ish and the extra slim fit perfectly. Gets rid of a lot of extra fabric without being too tight anywhere. Big fan.
6-1 and 185lbs. Athletic cut torso...broad shoulders and thin waist. I don't want fabric bunched up when I tuck it in. Guy I quoted here says extra slim fits perfectly but I've got a little on him....would I be pushing my luck with extra slim cut?
What's the neck size?

J
15.5"
You'll most likely be fine....I'm athletic cut as well, 15.5" neck, 35" sleeve. Try one out, free returns to London included if it doesn't fit.

What's the neck size?

J
15.5"
I think you'd be fine with the extra slim. I wouldn't consider myself slim, and that fit is perfect for me.

J

What's the neck size?

J
15.5"
You'll most likely be fine....I'm athletic cut as well, 15.5" neck, 35" sleeve. Try one out, free returns to London included if it doesn't fit.
As noted above my measured neck size is 15.5". Looked at some other dress shirt sleeve length in my closet that fit good and they were 34/35.

Went to purchase the style/pattern I wanted and they were out of 15.5" neck sizes with the 35" sleeve length (as noted earlier in thread go with a little longer sleeve length as can tend to run short)

I'm 6'1", 185lbs with an athletic cut torso. My order...

- spread collar (this is for the :style:)

- Extra slim fit

- 16" neck

- 35" sleeve

- Color/Pattern: Sky Bengal Stripe

Arrived yesterday, and great purchase! The neck fits perfect...actually wouldn't want it any smaller. I'm guessing with the extra slim fit cut makes everything else just a little proportionately smaller which makes the neck good for me. The extra slim fit cut is good, but actually if I could change anything I'd actually like the cut to be a little MORE athletically tapered towards the waist (look at me!). Quality feels nice, and for $29.50 it's like stealing really. I'm going back now to buy more.

So if I typically get a Joseph A Bank Traveler Shirt in the Tailored Fit at a 16 neck and 34 sleeve, what should I order from these guys?
Bump. How do these compare fit-wise to JAB Tailored?
:shrug:

I've only had Brooks Brothers shirts. The slim fit is a bit slimmer than BB slim fit and the sleeves a little shorter, so I order one size up on neck and sleeves from my BB sizes.

So if I typically get a Joseph A Bank Traveler Shirt in the Tailored Fit at a 16 neck and 34 sleeve, what should I order from these guys?
Bump. How do these compare fit-wise to JAB Tailored?
:shrug: I've only had Brooks Brothers shirts. The slim fit is a bit slimmer than BB slim fit and the sleeves a little shorter, so I order one size up on neck and sleeves from my BB sizes.
:thumbup: Found a chart over at the :styleforum: that indicates the BB Slim and JAB Tailored are cut to pretty much the same dimensions. Looks like I need to go up a size on neck and sleeve for these as well.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/288955/comparing-the-fit-of-h-h-tml-ct-bb-jab-shirts

Is it me or does the selection suck?

How many varieties of blue shirts can a man wear. My fave of them all was they yellow textured poplin and it's discontinued or out of stock :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
[icon] said:
Is it me or does the selection suck?

How many varieties of blue shirts can a man wear. My fave of them all was they yellow textured poplin and it's discontinued or out of stock :hot:
yeah, i'm having a really tough time finding my size. 16-34

I guess that's why they're on sale. I need 1 or 2 solid colors. I already own one light blue shirt, so I'm having a tough time selecting the other 2 b/c I don't want them to match exactly

Has anyone bought suits from these guys? I'm in need of a couple and given the great experience with shirts and ties I am tempted. They ever on sale?

Has anyone bought suits from these guys? I'm in need of a couple and given the great experience with shirts and ties I am tempted. They ever on sale?
Suit sale started yesterday. Starting at $399.

Edit: It looks like there are a few suits on sale for $299.

Suit sale started yesterday. Starting at $399.

Edit: It looks like there are a few suits on sale for $299.
Hmm. Tempting.

Buying a suit on the web is always tough for sizing, but what the hell.

Seems like lots of the suits are jacket only for $300. I can't seem to find whole suits for 299 or 399. Maybe it's the links I'm using.

Ordered a bunch of shirts and a couple of suits last week. Still waiting on the suits, but the shirts came in. These are just so, so good. At $29 a pop, I can't imagine a better shirt value out there. Everyone should wear these.

Can't wait to start throwing out all my old shirts as I accumulate more of these.

How do these shirts hold up over time? I'm a quality over quantity guy and always hesitant to buy these Walmart type brands. I typically don't mind paying a few bucks more for a great fit and quality thread count but wouldn't mind having a few throwaways for girls that spend the night, gardening, etc.

On another note, I'm really loving these Kiton shirts. Fit like a glove and feel very breathable for the summer:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503219111&cgid=mens-shirts&index=9

How do these shirts hold up over time? I'm a quality over quantity guy and always hesitant to buy these Walmart type brands. I typically don't mind paying a few bucks more for a great fit and quality thread count but wouldn't mind having a few throwaways for girls that spend the night, gardening, etc.
I've been using them for gardening and then turn them into shop rags after a couple of wears. So far they've held up pretty well, although I'd prefer a little better thread count on the Egyptian Cotton so it doesn't scuff up my trowel.

I've been using them for gardening and then turn them into shop rags after a couple of wears. So far they've held up pretty well, although I'd prefer a little better thread count on the Egyptian Cotton so it doesn't scuff up my trowel.
:wub:

On another note, I'm really loving these Kiton shirts. Fit like a glove and feel very breathable for the summer:

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503219111&cgid=mens-shirts&index=9
Can't your mom and sister just pack pajamas?

lol at $725 shirts

Well, I got in the Tyrwhitt suits. Of course, ordering a suit online maybe isn't the best idea, but still...

Edit : well I gave a negative review after trying these on a first time, but not so fast. Tried them on today and while the pants are very snug, if I can lose another 10-15lbs,they may be a perfect fit. And while the quality of one of the suits isn't great, the second is actually pretty great for the 300 bucks I spent.

I guess I can't blame the suits for me being a fat guy. So my plan is to hang onto these for now and see how they fit in a few weeks. Just need to keep on that diet......

ETA -- for anyone picking up their suits, I realized I got a slim fit suit. The jacket fits awesome, but the pants in slim fit were too tight. So I'm returning the pants for the regular fit pants. Hopefully that resolves it and I end up with a solid suit at a good deal.

Loving these shirts, and now my former-favourite shirts (Brooks Bros) are on the bench. Can't wait for the next sale here to get more.

:lmao: :lmao:

Major = :moneybag:

So loving this company. The shirts are my front row winners over my old Brooks Brothers, and they're cheaper. They fit great.

The suits are also REALLY making me happy. It took me a while to figure out fit. Otis has a weird build, broad up top, thick in the hips, so I figured out after some trial and error that the slim fit suit combined with the regular fit pants are a perfect match. I got one of the birdseye blue pattern suits, and it's my best suit instantly. It looks custom, feels like awesome quality, and only cost me $399. That's outrageous. Usually I buy crap suits for that price range. This suit reminds me every bit of the $1k custom suit I had made 10 years ago.

It's tricky to figure out fit over the web, and I'm glad I just discovered there's a live store a few blocks from my office :moneybag:

A little late now that I've already figure out the sizes and measurements that work.

But man, really loving the value here. Awesome shirts and suits.

So loving this company. The shirts are my front row winners over my old Brooks Brothers, and they're cheaper. They fit great.

The suits are also REALLY making me happy. It took me a while to figure out fit. Otis has a weird build, broad up top, thick in the hips, so I figured out after some trial and error that the slim fit suit combined with the regular fit pants are a perfect match. I got one of the birdseye blue pattern suits, and it's my best suit instantly. It looks custom, feels like awesome quality, and only cost me $399. That's outrageous. Usually I buy crap suits for that price range. This suit reminds me every bit of the $1k custom suit I had made 10 years ago.

It's tricky to figure out fit over the web, and I'm glad I just discovered there's a live store a few blocks from my office :moneybag:

A little late now that I've already figure out the sizes and measurements that work.

But man, really loving the value here. Awesome shirts and suits.
Thanks for that info, just looked and there is a show in Chicago which is close to my office building.

In NYC at the moment on biz and the store is a couple blocks away. May swing by if I can find the time. Definitely loving the shirts and could use a couple more. May be more expensive at the B&M store though.

Nice store. Not a huge selection of the non-irons, but it was nice to be able to get measured and go with the right fit. You could get 4 shirts for $199, so not as good as some of the online deals I think. I picked up a couple anyway.

After several months I'm trying to figure out the next order. I normally wear 16.5 and 32/33. So I ordered 16.5/33 slim. The sleeves are a tad short and tight around the wrists, so I only button the first button. This helps but no forearm button makes the shirt gap out on the forearms. Also, the shoulders are tight when I cross my arms (for example), though fine when just standing. Rest fits fine. So should I go with 17/34 to alleviate these issues?

After several months I'm trying to figure out the next order. I normally wear 16.5 and 32/33. So I ordered 16.5/33 slim. The sleeves are a tad short and tight around the wrists, so I only button the first button. This helps but no forearm button makes the shirt gap out on the forearms. Also, the shoulders are tight when I cross my arms (for example), though fine when just standing. Rest fits fine. So should I go with 17/34 to alleviate these issues?
I like my shirts a little snug in the shoulders and upper body. Anything but the giant billowing shirt look. So I say it depends. If it fits great when you aren't stretching, it's probably right.

If I can lose a little more of the o belly I would love to switch to extra slim fit someday.

Nice store. Not a huge selection of the non-irons, but it was nice to be able to get measured and go with the right fit. You could get 4 shirts for $199, so not as good as some of the online deals I think. I picked up a couple anyway.
I had lunch with righetti over there today. May have walked right by you. Should have joined us!

I like my shirts a little snug in the shoulders and upper body. Anything but the giant billowing shirt look. So I say it depends. If it fits great when you aren't stretching, it's probably right. If I can lose a little more of the o belly I would love to switch to extra slim fit someday.
Went with the 16 34 extra slims. Really comfortable and not overly tight looking at all.

I had lunch with righetti over there today. May have walked right by you. Should have joined us!
Yeah, was tied up through lunch and will have a similar schedule tomorrow. Too bad. Usually I try to work in some free time when I'm in the city, but this trip is a real tight turnaround.

I need to finally get in on this. Randomly (Allen Edmonds mailing list?) got a catalog yesterday.

Advertised deal is $39.95 but you can also pick a tie for free. Seems like a decent time to try just one shirt.

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

Debating between slim and extra slim. Got a bit of a beer gut these days... :oldunsure:

I need to finally get in on this. Randomly (Allen Edmonds mailing list?) got a catalog yesterday.

Advertised deal is $39.95 but you can also pick a tie for free. Seems like a decent time to try just one shirt.

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

Debating between slim and extra slim. Got a bit of a beer gut these days... :oldunsure:
:thumbup:

Just placed a big order with them last week, love their shirts. Slim Fit should be good for you. I think they fit perfect.

I googled "Charles Tyrwhitt coupons" and found a 13% off discount code on top of the shirt special last week, pretty awesome.

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

Just placed a big order with them last week, love their shirts. Slim Fit should be good for you. I think they fit perfect.

I googled "Charles Tyrwhitt coupons" and found a 13% off discount code on top of the shirt special last week, pretty awesome.
What's the code?

Loving these shirts and just realized that they have a store two blocks from my office in Chicago. Going to have to go check it out.

I find the sleeves fit a little short so I have to get an inch added to my normal size. The collar/chest are perfect on the slim fit. I'm not a portly guy (6'6", 195) but I can't imagine squeezing into the extra slim fit.

Now all my older traditional-fit BB shirts feel like I'm wearing a tarp. Thanks OP for the heads-up.

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

Can anybody confirm/clarify?

Is it $39.99 per shirt with a free tie per shirt

i.e. I can get 3 shirts and 3 ties for $119.97

or

Is it $39.99 per shirt, and you get 1 free tie?

i.e. I can get 3 shirts and 1 tie for $119.97

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

What's the code?
RMNNEW13

Coupon site says its for new customers only but I've placed several orders from them before and it still let me use it.

www.ctshirts.com/JEFF

Can anybody confirm/clarify?

Is it $39.99 per shirt with a free tie per shirt

i.e. I can get 3 shirts and 3 ties for $119.97

or

Is it $39.99 per shirt, and you get 1 free tie?

i.e. I can get 3 shirts and 1 tie for $119.97
I didn't finish the checkout process but I'm pretty sure it is 1 tie only. You can order up to 5 shirts.

Users who are viewing this thread