What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 $35,000 Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Makavity

Footballguy
Will there be a Subscriber contest this year. Last year, you had to choose 22 players, with a cap of $250, and survive the weekly cut-off numbers.

Also, the site seems to have deleted the results from Last Year. How can I find out what the weekly results were? I'm mostly looking for the cut-off value.

Thanks in advance.

JR

Big ol' Sehorn.

I think we are at least 3 weeks away from the contest going up. Very much looking forward to it, got my #### kicked last year.

yes it will debut the first week in August.
AWSOME! Is it possible to find the cut-off point for each week on the site? Or would someone happened to have kept this info? I'm doing a little pre-work (slow work day)
I only made it to week 13 but here's what I've got.
Code:
1	  2	  3	  4	  5	  6	  7	  8	  9	 10	 11	 12	 13  CUTOFF						 0.00 128.30 131.50 113.40 102.30 118.70 125.95 118.00 148.15 121.15 152.15 163.05 152.30

I hear ya!

I started off well, but quickly found out I had picked my team with the wrong goal in mind. I tried for the highest score, and didn't look at maintaining a high weekly score.

So this year, I'm hoping to survive longer.

It was great checking every week to see how I did.

I hear ya!I started off well, but quickly found out I had picked my team with the wrong goal in mind. I tried for the highest score, and didn't look at maintaining a high weekly score.So this year, I'm hoping to survive longer.It was great checking every week to see how I did.
There was a great little strategy post someone did last year, but I have no idea where to find it.

Good Gravy, look at the Week 14 score the winner put up in David's post. One of his two RB's put up 5.6 points and he still scores 250 points.

I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!

But really. I am sooo ready for this. One of the best perks of this site David!

I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!But really. I am sooo ready for this. One of the best perks of this site David!
It really is. I am pretty depressed when I get knocked out of this thing. I think I pay more attention to what my guys do in this contest than my 3 leagues!!!!

I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!But really. I am sooo ready for this. One of the best perks of this site David!
It really is. I am pretty depressed when I get knocked out of this thing. I think I pay more attention to what my guys do in this contest than my 3 leagues!!!!
Depressing as staff when we get knocked out too. Joe and I got deep in this, but failed to make the final cut. I like our contest, because we go out of our way to make it challenging. You can't field a team of superstars. You can usually afford one elite guy and a few semi-stars, but you have to find the value. And you have to hope enough of these value guys keep producing to keep you alive.

Depressing as staff when we get knocked out too. Joe and I got deep in this, but failed to make the final cut. I like our contest, because we go out of our way to make it challenging. You can't field a team of superstars. You can usually afford one elite guy and a few semi-stars, but you have to find the value. And you have to hope enough of these value guys keep producing to keep you alive.
:thumbup: not to mention find value where others may not have. How many teams was Welker on last year?

What's really depressing is to get knocked out the last week before the "playoffs" start and then find that you would have finished in the top 25 if you would

have made the final cut.

What's really depressing is to get knocked out the last week before the "playoffs" start and then find that you would have finished in the top 25 if you wouldhave made the final cut.
I had a year like that. The year that DomDavis and Kevin Jones went off in the second half. I also had Tiki in a PPR. KJ and DD faltered like week 6 or 7 and then WENT OFF down the stretch. I love this thing. I think I change my roster about 2 dozen times before I submit...

Really excited for this year. Coming into the last week of the playoffs, I was in top ten but put up about the 5th lowest total of the week to drop me out of the top 50. Real bummer when I could have maybe moved up a couple of spots and got into the money.

THe free year and magazine have been a truely great reward and you guys keep up the great work on this site. Looking to buy some of the clothing this year, sure I will get asked were I got it from. Hard to give up my secret source of info in my local leagues.

The FBG contest is worth the price of a subscription alone.
Thanks Kleck. I'd agree with you. I think lots of people see it and think there has to be a catch. No catch. Just a huge bonus for folks that subscribe. It's not some cheesy prize with a zillion people competing for it. It's only FBG subscribers to the pay content and it's $35,000. It's a great deal.If I didn't do what I do, I'd buy a subscription just for this contest.J

The FBG contest is worth the price of a subscription alone.
Thanks Kleck. I'd agree with you. I think lots of people see it and think there has to be a catch. No catch. Just a huge bonus for folks that subscribe. It's not some cheesy prize with a zillion people competing for it. It's only FBG subscribers to the pay content and it's $35,000. It's a great deal.If I didn't do what I do, I'd buy a subscription just for this contest.J
edited to add I am on winners list. Did I win anything for 217th place? lol I'll say it better. It is the only reason I subscribe! And I survived last yeasr only to flutter in playoffs. Took me years to master. But I finally mastured knda. Ready for the last and final step this year. The $$$$$$ placements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot of real jump-right-out-at-you value like there has been in years past. I see one WR value pick that I like a lot, 2 RB value picks, and 1 TE pick.

But I'm not really liking my first pass at a team. Which is OK, since I'll update it 22 times before it's final.

Not a lot of real jump-right-out-at-you value like there has been in years past. I see one WR value pick that I like a lot, 2 RB value picks, and 1 TE pick.

But I'm not really liking my first pass at a team. Which is OK, since I'll update it 522 times before it's final.
fixed :football:

TheWick said:
Robbie Cooper said:

But I'm not really liking my first pass at a team. Which is OK, since I'll update it 8522 times before it's final.
fixed :goodposting:
fixed :thumbup:

Robbie Cooper said:
Not a lot of real jump-right-out-at-you value like there has been in years past. I see one WR value pick that I like a lot, 2 RB value picks, and 1 TE pick.But I'm not really liking my first pass at a team. Which is OK, since I'll update it 22 times before it's final.
I'm actually digging the value at WR and QB. RBs I think are a little pricey, any RBs picked sure better be good picks. I learned my lesson from last year though. I'm not picking a RB that doesn't have a viable backup on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread