What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Chris Johnson Hype machine (1 Viewer)

This guy looked like crap today. :goodposting:
uh boy, here come the haters.... again.translation: I wanted him in my draft, but didn't get him so now I'm going to hate on him.some people can't give credit where credit is due.
Translation: I own him in a league where the entry fee is 5000 dollars. He's gotten enough credit on these boards, he was ranked top 10 by FBG staff this week, 20 touches, 45 yards = crap. I don't care if he was playing against the 85 Bears, 20 touches for 45 yards is crap for a player ranked top 10. And I didn't start him this week as I went with Jacobs who was ranked lower by the staff here, I realize the staff and many posters here have man crush on CJ but it's common sense to bench a rookie against the Ravens. I expected alot more than 20 touches for 45 though, that's simply sickening for a player getting this much credit around here. Call me a hater if you want, some people take a little criticism around here about CJ as if I said there kid was ugly and stupid. If you take this hobby that serious maybe it's time to admit you got a problem.
You the one paying a $5000 entry fee and your saying others might have a problem? :excited:
Why would paying a $5000 entry fee indicate a problem? :confused:
It's just that normally you'd expect someone playing in a $5k league to be more level headed about a player like CJ3.
Why? :confused:
Usually people that play big money stakes are good at what they do.Don't you agree? :excited:

This guy looked like crap today. :(
uh boy, here come the haters.... again.translation: I wanted him in my draft, but didn't get him so now I'm going to hate on him.some people can't give credit where credit is due.
Translation: I own him in a league where the entry fee is 5000 dollars. He's gotten enough credit on these boards, he was ranked top 10 by FBG staff this week, 20 touches, 45 yards = crap. I don't care if he was playing against the 85 Bears, 20 touches for 45 yards is crap for a player ranked top 10. And I didn't start him this week as I went with Jacobs who was ranked lower by the staff here, I realize the staff and many posters here have man crush on CJ but it's common sense to bench a rookie against the Ravens. I expected alot more than 20 touches for 45 though, that's simply sickening for a player getting this much credit around here. Call me a hater if you want, some people take a little criticism around here about CJ as if I said there kid was ugly and stupid. If you take this hobby that serious maybe it's time to admit you got a problem.
You the one paying a $5000 entry fee and your saying others might have a problem? :lol:
Why would paying a $5000 entry fee indicate a problem? :scared:
It's just that normally you'd expect someone playing in a $5k league to be more level headed about a player like CJ3.
Why? :lmao:
Usually people that play big money stakes are good at what they do.Don't you agree? :lmao:
You might think, but i think it mostly means they have more money to blow.

He did look like crap today. But the Ravens have a damn good run defense.

I'm still amazed by the Titans' almost outright refusal to work Johnson more into the passing game. I can't figure that out at all. Especially with Gage out, it seemed like an ideal time to try to get Johnson into space where he'd have less congestion and more room to work.

alright, enough w/ the banter - let's get back to LBJ

Very interesting that in a HUGE conference game, on the road, vs. a SOLID defense - Fisch decides to give 20 touches to CJ and 4 to White.

Why they tried to run CJ (or anyone for that matter) up the gut vs. the Ravens D is :thumbup: , but he looked decent enough off tackle / outside on several runs. The YPC doesn't look great, but considering how BAL focused on him as about the only real TN threat, I'll take it. This could have been a 20 for 25 yds. type of game for him.

Collins certainly didn't help the cause w/ his performance (until the end anyway).

I'm still mildly disturbed that TN doesn't make a better effort to get CJ the ball outside and w/ some space more often. Screens, pitches outside, etc. They just don't seem to be designing a gameplan that will really take advantage of his abilities yet. 2 receptions (don't know the # of targets in the pass game) illustrates this.

I don't see Collins getting benched soon, since they're undefeated. But, if he continues to be marginal and turn the ball over - a loss or three are coming - and that could/should bring VY back.

This guy looked like crap today. :goodposting:
Hey Chachi,Why so scarce when Johnson has a good game? Huh?The invite has been out there, but it's no secret that the desperate only come out after a Ravens game. They were dying to come out after the Vikings, but that didn't work out so well. . . .Keep coming back. And when I say "keep coming back" I mean good times and bad . . . not just when the Rookie of the Month faces the best defense in football. Don't be so scarce. You might end up having something to add after all.

White was battling a sore shoulder all week; that may be why he only touched the ball so infrequently. My guess is White would have been more involved in the offensive game plan if not for the nagging injury. That doesn't make White a dynamic player but Fisher likes to POUND the ball with the big guy and I don't look at CJ as being the type of player who pounds the ball into the line.

It would be nice if they threw the ball to CJ in space to give him a chance for some better looks at the defense on the move but CJ is really the only player the opposing defenses have to key on and until they find someone else to threaten the opposing team in a meaningful way CJ will be limited in his production.

All stupid BMI banter aside, I am very glad that our hero came out of the Vikings and Ravens games healthy.

Bye week for some rest and then this thread hits 50 pages against the likes of @KC, Ind (rushing record anyone?), and GB.

I'm all in with CJ3 as I've traded off every bit of depth on my team. My starters are now Turner and CJ3 for the rest of the season (sans bye weeks).

With that being said does this guy have any vision whatsoever? We all know about the 4.2 speed but he can't seem to break any long runs. I think his longest was like 40 something and he was forced out of bounds (DB had the angle as I recall). I've bought into CJ3 as I'm in a heavy distance bonus league and I figured he'd have several long TD's by now with those wheels....

What's up with this guy? Why can't he seem to break the long TD?

People looking at the 20 carries vs. the 4 are overanalyzing things a bit. The whale was hurt, didn't fully practice this week. Don't get me wrong, if they start doing a 80-20 split with CJ, the team will be better off, and most certainly my fantasty team will be better off, but I think once Lendale is back to 100%, it'll be pretty much a 50-50, with the round one getting most goalline touches...

I just realized something that I thought I'd share with the fanclub on the CJ3 bye week.

Week 8 Tennesse hosts Indy. They should be 6-0 hosting their division rival who happens to boast an atrocious run defense. Thats pretty exciting in and of itself.

But what just occurred to me is that this game is on Monday Night Football.

I dont mind telling you that I have a boner right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
People looking at the 20 carries vs. the 4 are overanalyzing things a bit. The whale was hurt, didn't fully practice this week. Don't get me wrong, if they start doing a 80-20 split with CJ, the team will be better off, and most certainly my fantasty team will be better off, but I think once Lendale is back to 100%, it'll be pretty much a 50-50, with the round one getting most goalline touches...
I disagree, White was hurt the week before and it didn't impact the carry total much. I don't think it was due to the injury as it was the fact that they were playing a very fast/aggressive defense and they were behind for most of the game so they couldn't afford 2 yards and a cloud of dust. They needed to move the ball and get points on the board and Fish knows that White isn't going to be able to do that. He's good to give a breather, waste some carries on a series or two to keep CJ fresh when they have a lead or play a poor defense but when you're behind for a good part of the game and the clock is moving you don't have the luxury to pound White for 3 and out series. You need to score points or at least play a field position game and that's why CJ's carries were disproportionate to most other games. I believe this was the 1st time all season that they were behind for even 1 minute. This is exactly what I thought would happen when they were behind and needed to score points. I'm not surprised at all by the disparity, it makes total sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized something that I thought I'd share with the fanclub on the CJ3 bye week.

Week 8 Tennesse hosts Indy. They should be 6-0 hosting their division rival who happens to boast an atrocious run defense. Thats pretty exciting in and of itself.

:mellow: sweet.

Banger said:
I disagree, White was hurt the week before and it didn't impact the carry total much. I don't think it was due to the injury as it was the fact that they were playing a very fast/aggressive defense and they were behind for most of the game so they couldn't afford 2 yards and a cloud of dust. They needed to move the ball and get points on the board and Fish knows that White isn't going to be able to do that. He's good to give a breather, waste some carries on a series or two to keep CJ fresh when they have a lead or play a poor defense but when you're behind for a good part of the game and the clock is moving you don't have the luxury to pound White for 3 and out series. You need to score points or at least play a field position game and that's why CJ's carries were disproportionate to most other games. I believe this was the 1st time all season that they were behind for even 1 minute. This is exactly what I thought would happen when they were behind and needed to score points. I'm not surprised at all by the disparity, it makes total sense.
White's injury affected his carries as stated in this article: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=63279Some CJ owners may not be happy with Lendale's role in this offense but Fisher seems to be happy with the way things are playing out.

fo shizzle said:

schwing, baby

Verrry interested to see what role our hero has this week coming out of the Bye. The Titans' coaching staff isn't stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if they used the Bye to evaluate what has and hasn't been working, and that they start giving Johnson more touches going forward. Though I'm afraid White will still be the designated goal line guy.

Looking for a big week coming up vs. KC.

If CJ3 gets better and puts up good stats the rest of the year, and Forte slows down, he may even have a longshot at rookie of the year!

very quickly he's become my RB1. i think that points to several factors, most notably my poor drafting.

that gave me a good laugh. too good.

If CJ3 gets better and puts up good stats the rest of the year, and Forte slows down, he may even have a longshot at rookie of the year!
who was the rookie of the month for the 1st month? I forget.
and so will the voters while he's out 2 to 4 weeks.
I think you have CJ mixed up with Addai.
I read it too fast, I thought he was refering to Felix Jones. Forte is not getting enough credit though, that's for sure. He's a top 5 RB in FF and a sho-in for ROTY

I read it too fast, I thought he was refering to Felix Jones. Forte is not getting enough credit though, that's for sure. He's a top 5 RB in FF and a sho-in for ROTY
He's not a sho-in yet, although he's probably in the lead.CJ3 actually has run for slightly more yards per game despite sharing the load. He has two less TDs in one less game.

Forte has more carries, but almost a full yard less per carry.

The surprising thing is CJ3 hasn't been involved much in the passing game. If that changes, and it should, this is a close race which Johnson could easily pull ahead in the next few weeks.

You're right on one thing though, Forte is not getting enough credit.

MATT RYAN

MATT RYAN
He went to BC, didn't win the Heisman and doesn't date a super-model/songstress (yet); he can't win anything!!!

Users who are viewing this thread