What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MBSL IDP Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Based on the posts in the signup thread, these are the participants:

Rudnicki

Fro

kethnaab

Sinrman

Bramel

Man With No Name

Talongrey

tjford

buck56

Maggot Brain

beto

Ruffrodys05

kurtrudder

Crippler

Athletic Supporter

valence

Alternate:

Duckboy

Pictus Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the randomized draft order:

1.01 buck56

1.02 kurtrudder

1.03 Crippler

1.04 Sinrman

1.05 Rudnicki

1.06 tjford

1.07 Bramel

1.08 Ruffrodys05

1.09 Fro

1.10 Man With No Name

1.11 Maggot Brain

1.12 kethnaab

1.13 Talongrey

1.14 beto

1.15 Athletic Supporter

1.16 valence

36 rounds.

League scoring:

Offense

Passing = .05 per yard, 6pt per TD, -1 per INT

Rushing/Receiving = .1 per yard, 6pt per TD

FG = .1 per yard

Receptions = 1 (2 for TEs)

IDP

Solo/Assist = 1.5/.75

Sacks = 2.5 per .5 sack

INT/PD = 5/1

FF/FR/Safety = 3/3/4

Blocked kick/punt/XP = 4

All TDs = 6

Best Lineup counts each week

1QB

2RB

3WR

1TE

1PK

2DL

3LB

3DB

1 team booted off every week until the last team left is the champ.

Draft can start whenever people are ready but I'll leave the timer off until we get to round 2. From that point, it will be an 8 hour clock with suspension from 2am to 8am Eastern.

Sinrman said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
here's the link:

http://www99.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/56153

password for most teams was set to 'fbgidp' so sign in under your name, add in your email address, and bookmark the page. I'll try to post regular updates here as well.
Sadly, that password is not working for me to log in to change it...
try it again. if that doesn't work, I added your email address so you can do a password retrieval to try and figure out what the problem is.

Sinrman said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
here's the link:

http://www99.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/56153

password for most teams was set to 'fbgidp' so sign in under your name, add in your email address, and bookmark the page. I'll try to post regular updates here as well.
Sadly, that password is not working for me to log in to change it...
try it again. if that doesn't work, I added your email address so you can do a password retrieval to try and figure out what the problem is.
Yep. Works for me now! Thanks...

hopefully password issues should be fixed now. let me know if anyone still has problems getting into the site.

I had totally forgot about this.

#10 pick - Randy Moss

Been playing fantasy football since before he was in the league and have never had him on any team or in any contest until now.

Now the last team standing as Ruff joins the other side finally.
Yeah, I kept seeing the LB's fly off the board and value was popping up all over the place. I took a DE before a LB though. This is my first IDP, so it is a learning process for me and I won't know how well I did until much later. So far though, I am happy with my team.

Well down to our last round and since I know my last pick will be a DB, I can evaluate my team

I hate my team. I dont like cheering for alot of the guys. Westy and Young to name 2

QB: I like my QB situation overall. Would rather have had Brett over Bulger and one pick I am not thrilled with. But with 3 starting QB's, I am hoping to get a good score each week while those with 1 must hope for big games each week from there stud and it wont always happen. This could keep me in for a while

RB: My starting duo is not bad. I thought Ahman was a steal but have to wait and see. I think he will put up good numbers if he does not get cut and can stay healthy. But if he gets cut, I could be hurting here as Peterson and Parmalee are not world beaters. Amother RB out there I almost took but Parmale might see starting time if Dolphins suck like I expect

WR: I like my 1-2 punch. Usually my strongest position in these leagues, it is not here. I think because of 16 teams in the end. Hope one of these other guys can step up. Some interesting names in the group with Ginn coming on lately, He could be my saviour here in the end. The others have ability to do something also. Overall pretty happy but not like I am usually boasting the best

TE: I love them. With 2 PPR, I thought this was an important position and I expect good numbers each week. Really only saw about 25 TE's worth rostering and drafted a 3rd to screw over others again

PK: Wanted to make sure getting 2. The rest of the league kept not draftiing, so I went with the screw theory again and feeling I got 10 plus points each week no matter what. Kethnaab could go out early because of not getting a PK. Wait and see

DE: I like my 2 starters but this is by far my weakest position. Gaines is going to be a huge stud this year. Better hope Ray Edwards lives up to his expectations of 15 sacks. Really needed 5 in the end but with my screw the other approach, I will have to settle for 4 and hope.

LB: I am very pleased with this group and being the last one to draft D. I got 4 guys who I feel are very good and worth owning in this league. Hill and Leber could provide numbers every once in a while. I may not have the best LB core but I think this will be middle of the pack which is all you can hope for with not drafting one till last and beyond. Thomas Davis is the guy I really love out of this group and draft position. Expect big things from him also

DB: I will have 5 as there is tons of value out there. Which leads to the 2nd pick I did not like which was Ed Reed. Should have waited like I did with Weddle and Griffin instead. My 2nd mistake in the draft. I think Reggie is another guy who is about to be a top 5 guy come next year. His pre-season has been phenomanal and I see this not stopping. A huge playmaker and to wait till round 21 was a good move

Dont know if this team wins it all but I wont get hurt by bye weeks. Will depend on how my RB's perform if I want to take it to the end. Think it goes along way thanks to my screw the other team approach at QB, TE and PK.

Overall, I'm kinda digging my team. The problem is, mine will likely be a streaky team, and not very consistent, which will likely spell my doom at some point...

Sinrman

Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB - 4 6.13

Losman, J.P. BUF QB - 6 30.13

Redman, Chris ATL QB - 7 20.13

Wallace, Seneca SEA QB - 4 32.13

Eww, eww, and EWWWWWW... Hasselbeck at 6.13 seemed at the time to be a decent pick. However, injuries to his WRs will hurt him. And my lack of a solid #2 is going to kill me. Losman? Backup. Redman? Well, backup NOW. And Wallace? Eh, he's Hasselbeck's backup, so if Matt is hurt, I'm not totally screwed.

Grade: D+

Addai, Joseph IND RB - 4 1.04

Bell, Tatum DET RB - 4 13.04

Betts, Ladell WAS RB - 10 17.04

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB - 7 22.13

Fargas, Justin OAK RB - 5 14.13

Sproles, Darren SDC RB - 9 27.04

White, LenDale TEN RB - 6 4.13

Eh, not horrible, at least in a 16 team-36 player race. Addai and White shouldn't be too bad of a duo. Fargas being the starter makes him a nice value pick at 14.13. Sproles looks kinda nice at 27.04, and though he's LT's backup and won't see too many carries, he's a returner which adds to his value. Bell, Betts, and Buckhalter make decent backups which will get some time in here and there, and fill in nicely in case the starters get hurt.

Grade: C+

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 7 3.04

Booker, Marty CHI WR - 8 15.04

Furrey, Mike DET WR - 4 33.04

Hixon, Domenik NYG WR - 4 34.13

Jackson, Darrell DEN WR - 8 12.13

Mason, Derrick BAL WR - 10 9.04

Another ouch. Boldin isn't horrible. Mason at 9.04 is great value in this type of league. The rest? Eh, they'll get some points here and there, but overall not great. I am very weak here...

Grade: D

Gaines, Michael DET TE - 4 35.04

Royal, Robert BUF TE - 6 18.13

Witten, Jason DAL TE - 10 2.13

I like the trio I have. Going Witten early like that allowed me to wait a long time before grabbing another. Getting Royal at 18.13 is excellent value, and from what I see in the preseason, he'll easily outdo his ADP. Finally, Gaines won't put up much, but hey, he's a starter, and I got him at 35.04. TE is a very "feast or famine" position, so Royal and Gaines should help on weeks that Witten does little-to-nothing and his bye week (if I were to make it that far).

Grade: B+

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK - 9 23.04

One kicker. Ummm... yeah... guess it could be worse, and I have NO kicker! By the time I realized there weren't any starters left, it was obviously too late. Dumb move! Kaeding is a top-notch kicker, but I better hope he kicks a lot of points each week...

Grade: C

Ngata, Haloti BAL DT - 10 36.13

Kampman, Aaron GBP DE - 8 7.04

Suggs, Terrell BAL DE - 10 10.13

Taylor, Jason WAS DE - 10 11.04

Now to begin some of the strength of my team. I'm loving my D-line. Taylor getting injured hurts, and I really hope it isn't a nagging injury. But Kampman, Suggs, and Taylor is stout. Ngata was my last pick, and is projected to still score around 100 points this year. I can live with that...

Grade: A-

Barnett, Nick GBP LB - 8 5.04

Bruschi, Tedy NEP LB - 4 29.04

June, Cato TBB LB - 10 26.13

Lawson, Manny SFO LB - 9 28.13

Pierce, Antonio NYG LB - 4 8.13

Vrabel, Mike NEP LB - 4 24.13

Not the best in the league, but overall I'm liking my linebacking corps. Barnett and Pierce should be solid. And I think I got some really nice value out of Bruschi, June, Lawson, and Vrabel (double TE threat!).

Grade: B+

Revis, Darrelle NYJ CB - 5 19.04

Samuel, Asante PHI CB - 7 25.04

Tillman, Charles CHI CB - 8 16.13

Grant, Deon SEA S - 4 31.04

Harrison, Rodney NEP S

Again, not the best in the league, but I'm liking the value here. I was surprised to see Samuel still available at 25.04. Everyone, including Grant, should produce and give me consistent points from this position each week.

Grade: B

Overall Grade: B- (with the possibility of a B if some players step it up for me)

This is the team I will be following closely as see it as the opposite of mine. Does having a weak O and great D beat a good O and average D. I certainly am hoping it works for me :mellow:

This is the team I will be following closely as see it as the opposite of mine. Does having a weak O and great D beat a good O and average D. I certainly am hoping it works for me :mellow:
I agree. Will be fun to watch! :excited: And let me say thanks to Rud for putting this on. IDP is a lot of fun. Glad to be a part of it...

I agree. Will be fun to watch! :confused: And let me say thanks to Rud for putting this on. IDP is a lot of fun. Glad to be a part of it...
I agree thanks Rud, it was fun drafting with you guys. Exited for week one, lets hope that isn't my elimination week. Good luck to all of you!

36 rounds.League scoring:OffensePassing = .05 per yard, 6pt per TD, -1 per INTRushing/Receiving = .1 per yard, 6pt per TDFG = .1 per yardReceptions = 1 (2 for TEs)IDPSolo/Assist = 1.5/.75Sacks = 2.5 per .5 sackINT/PD = 5/1FF/FR/Safety = 3/3/4Blocked kick/punt/XP = 4All TDs = 6Best Lineup counts each week1QB2RB3WR1TE1PK2DL3LB3DB1 team booted off every week until the last team left is the champ.Draft can start whenever people are ready but I'll leave the timer off until we get to round 2. From that point, it will be an 8 hour clock with suspension from 2am to 8am Eastern.
Is MFL the scoring site, or is there a different one ala last year?

as of right now, I think Twilight is going to be scoring this league for us with the same site as last year. Still being worked out though.
Yep. The Main 4 sets of leagues are now up, and I've got my base system working. I probably won't have the IDP up till Tuesday though, as tonight I'll probably be fixing any problems importing the stats.

Twilight said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
as of right now, I think Twilight is going to be scoring this league for us with the same site as last year. Still being worked out though.
Yep. The Main 4 sets of leagues are now up, and I've got my base system working. I probably won't have the IDP up till Tuesday though, as tonight I'll probably be fixing any problems importing the stats.
Your hard work is very much appreciated, Twilight. :thumbdown:

Twilight said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Your hard work is very much appreciated, Twilight. :P
seriouslyGB Twilight

Twilight said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
Your hard work is very much appreciated, Twilight. ;)
seriouslyGB Twilight
Ditto :drive:

OK, IDP is finally Live. IDP stats are a pain to find FULL listings. None, not even Dodds, list Blocks for example. I've basically got it now, although it's much more of a kludge than the rest of the leagues. It also means that accurate totals won't be final as quickly as the rest, since I'm using Dodds stats in addition to the base stats I can get easily. But that is minor. And, as a note, this means I'll probably be listing the booting here, instead of my weekly summary

As for this week, TalonGrey is out, while MaggotBrain squeezes an immunity by .7

Any stats questions, let me know. Because of the more difficult importation, there also is a greater chance of mistake, but I think I've got it pretty dialed in.

None, not even Dodds, list Blocks for example.
I'm fine with making a decision to drop that category if we have to. I don't think it was going to have an impact on anyone's drafting.OR, since there are so few per week, I would be willing to track down any that happen each week and send you a list.either way, thanks for this and definitely let me know if I can help with anything.

As for this week, TalonGrey is out, while MaggotBrain squeezes an immunity by .7
Thanks for the work, brother :) Man do I have some serious WR issues for the long haul. What was a very good team is now very weak at the position with the season-ending injuries to Burleson/Carter. Now Colston???? :confused:

I'm actually shocked I had a chance at immunity!!!! I've never gotten close in the last four years with any Survivor League team. I hope my good fortune continues. :yes:

Thanks tremendously for all of your hard work Twilight!!!!!!!!!!

Prelim Week 2 is up. There are a few stat categories that won't be added in until Tues, but RuffRody is low man right now.

I'm actually shocked I had a chance at immunity!!!! I've never gotten close in the last four years with any Survivor League team. I hope my good fortune continues. :shrug:

Thanks tremendously for all of your hard work Twilight!!!!!!!!!!
That lasted long. :lol: Good luck to all the rest of the way!!!

No change at the bottom, Ruffrody is down. Rudnicki is in the lead for immunity by 3 pts right now.

Again, these aren't the final stats though. The automatic stats I'm using are missing FF, TDs, and Pass Defensed. For these, I wait for Dodds stats tomorrow then copy those into the Spreadsheet. Even Dodds are also missing Safetys and Blocks, but those are limited enough to hand add no problem. So the final posting for these will be sometime Tues afternoons, so ya all know.

where do we find this listed, if I may ask? Is there a site you've posted the results to?

really wanna say thanks for this effort, great stuff man, greatly appreciated. It's only a matter of time before I'm eliminated but I'd like to see the inevitable before it happens. :lmao:

where do we find this listed, if I may ask? Is there a site you've posted the results to?

really wanna say thanks for this effort, great stuff man, greatly appreciated. It's only a matter of time before I'm eliminated but I'd like to see the inevitable before it happens. :goodposting:
See the "My FF Place" link in Twilight's sig........takes you right there.

Week 2 FINAL:

Some minor changes in order in the middle with the final stats, but not at either end. Rudnicki gets immunity. Ruffrody05 is eliminated.

Week 3 Final: Beto goes down. No surprise, as he had the lowest top score from any IDP(12.5).

Man with No Name is safe next week

Users who are viewing this thread