What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 1 Draft Order & Smack Talk Thread (1 Viewer)

Waiting on bostonfred like always. Unreal.
Considering he's only made his 1st round pick, I'd say it's time to change his team name to COMPUTER, since he's apparently quit. :scared:
clock has expired on bostonfred for 3 straight picks.wtf
The original league rules called for beheading owners that missed three consecutive picks. Wish I had kept those in place now . . .
Just give him Curtis Martin....same difference.
5.15 79. Hear-The-Footsteps Forte, Matt CHI RB Tue Aug 12 11:21:57 a.m. ET 2008 5.16 80. SLBD Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB Tue Aug 12 3:02:08 p.m. ET 2008 Commish pick per SLBD request. He is still thinking about his next pick, but should by back in an hour or so. 6.01 81. SLBD Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Tue Aug 12 7:15:07 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made by adp Rank Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be MadeBassNBrew 3 hours, 36 minutes David Yudkin 2 hours, 19 minutesAaron Rudnicki 1 hour, 41 minutesTwilight 1 hour, 39 minutes bostonfred 1 hour, 32 minutesI read your comments earlier, and while I found them hurtful, I also wanted to apologize for missing the first couple picks when the draft clock turned on over the weekend. I wouldn't have waited so long, but I had to wait roughly ten thousand minutes for the four of you to make your picks during this draft, including Sonny, who is the first person I've ever seen take seven hours and fifty three minutes to make back to back picks. Anyways, just a quick note to say sorry I held things up.

I'm slightly pissed at missing out on Andre Hall as a handcuff to Selvin Young. Only lately have I been feeling like they will split more than I anticipated, so I should have definitely grabbed Hall instead of a kicker. I'm ok with Hightower, though. I think at worst he'll vulture 4 or 5 TDs.

The injury bug is hitting me early with Desmond Clark and Chad Johnson. I'm probably due for an injury plagued season in this league.

Just entered a place holder pick to keep the draft moving. Will make the replacement pick early this evening. Roll on.

Waiting on bostonfred like always. Unreal.
Considering he's only made his 1st round pick, I'd say it's time to change his team name to COMPUTER, since he's apparently quit. :rolleyes:
clock has expired on bostonfred for 3 straight picks.wtf
The original league rules called for beheading owners that missed three consecutive picks. Wish I had kept those in place now . . .
Just give him Curtis Martin....same difference.
5.15 79. Hear-The-Footsteps Forte, Matt CHI RB Tue Aug 12 11:21:57 a.m. ET 2008 5.16 80. SLBD Chargers, San Diego SDC TMQB Tue Aug 12 3:02:08 p.m. ET 2008 Commish pick per SLBD request. He is still thinking about his next pick, but should by back in an hour or so. 6.01 81. SLBD Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB Tue Aug 12 7:15:07 p.m. ET 2008 Pick made by adp Rank Average Time Waiting For Pick To Be MadeBassNBrew 3 hours, 36 minutes David Yudkin 2 hours, 19 minutesAaron Rudnicki 1 hour, 41 minutesTwilight 1 hour, 39 minutes bostonfred 1 hour, 32 minutesI read your comments earlier, and while I found them hurtful, I also wanted to apologize for missing the first couple picks when the draft clock turned on over the weekend. I wouldn't have waited so long, but I had to wait roughly ten thousand minutes for the four of you to make your picks during this draft, including Sonny, who is the first person I've ever seen take seven hours and fifty three minutes to make back to back picks. Anyways, just a quick note to say sorry I held things up.
I would like to point out that in spite of spending all day on the 13th in airports, driving 6 hours on the 14th, being in remote villages during the day on the 15th and 16th, having a busted power steering pump and being stuck in an open air restaurant drinking Pina Coladas on the Malecon in Mazatlan and then having to drive to Zacatecas from Matzatlan and arriving at 4:00 am on Sunday morning, that not only have I not missed a pick, but I am under a half hour when on the clock.I get to do the beheading!Of course my team might suck again this year, but at least I'm prompt! :shrug:

Since it's been brought up, you should know that my long wait at that one turn was an accident.

First of all, I'm in Hawaii -- not online much. And as my turn was coming up, I had to bail. So I p-mailed Yudking as quickly as possible, my phone number and predicament. But obviously, I wasn't clear with my message to him because I never heard back, thus the 4 hours of wait time. He waited until my first time out, picked one of my guys he knew I wanted, and then let it go back to the timer, where I ended up timing out. Luckily, I actually ended up with a guy I wanted (Stewart) but I digress. So, it was a miscommunication, sorry.

Anyway, didn't think anybody cared enough to hear an explanation, so I just moved on. But that's it, if you're wondering.

It does bring up a good point, all this. The general apathy for this league is pretty bad, and that's why we take so long to get it done. Every year. League II, on the other hand, has a good thing going, that's for sure. It would be nice to pick it up next year is all.

Anyway, still very glad I did it again. It's become the perfect prep for my money leagues. Appreciate it David, thanks!

Since it's been brought up, you should know that my long wait at that one turn was an accident. First of all, I'm in Hawaii -- not online much. And as my turn was coming up, I had to bail. So I p-mailed Yudking as quickly as possible, my phone number and predicament. But obviously, I wasn't clear with my message to him because I never heard back, thus the 4 hours of wait time. He waited until my first time out, picked one of my guys he knew I wanted, and then let it go back to the timer, where I ended up timing out. Luckily, I actually ended up with a guy I wanted (Stewart) but I digress. So, it was a miscommunication, sorry.Anyway, didn't think anybody cared enough to hear an explanation, so I just moved on. But that's it, if you're wondering.It does bring up a good point, all this. The general apathy for this league is pretty bad, and that's why we take so long to get it done. Every year. League II, on the other hand, has a good thing going, that's for sure. It would be nice to pick it up next year is all.Anyway, still very glad I did it again. It's become the perfect prep for my money leagues. Appreciate it David, thanks!
I've never cared if people were late with their picks. I'm shocked that you've done such a good job while posting from Hawaii. I'm really just breaking balls, after you gave me a bunch of grief earlier in the thread for missing my first couple picks. I just thought it was funny that I've actually taken less time per pick than any of the people who said something.

bostonfred said:
Sonny Lubick Blow Up Doll said:
Since it's been brought up, you should know that my long wait at that one turn was an accident. First of all, I'm in Hawaii -- not online much. And as my turn was coming up, I had to bail. So I p-mailed Yudking as quickly as possible, my phone number and predicament. But obviously, I wasn't clear with my message to him because I never heard back, thus the 4 hours of wait time. He waited until my first time out, picked one of my guys he knew I wanted, and then let it go back to the timer, where I ended up timing out. Luckily, I actually ended up with a guy I wanted (Stewart) but I digress. So, it was a miscommunication, sorry.Anyway, didn't think anybody cared enough to hear an explanation, so I just moved on. But that's it, if you're wondering.It does bring up a good point, all this. The general apathy for this league is pretty bad, and that's why we take so long to get it done. Every year. League II, on the other hand, has a good thing going, that's for sure. It would be nice to pick it up next year is all.Anyway, still very glad I did it again. It's become the perfect prep for my money leagues. Appreciate it David, thanks!
I've never cared if people were late with their picks. I'm shocked that you've done such a good job while posting from Hawaii. I'm really just breaking balls, after you gave me a bunch of grief earlier in the thread for missing my first couple picks. I just thought it was funny that I've actually taken less time per pick than any of the people who said something.
Enough of the smoke screens for the suckage that is your rosters.

Awaiting word from the commish before I make my next pick....sorry for the delay
Woodrow needs to draft a generic scrub that no one wants and indicate his actual pick in the comments section so we can move on.
Waiting on the Chris Henry news eh?
Commish said to put a comment into the placeholder that I'm drafting Chris Henry, WR, Bengals (with Marcus Henry as placeholder) and he'll swap once he's in the player pool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awaiting word from the commish before I make my next pick....sorry for the delay
Woodrow needs to draft a generic scrub that no one wants and indicate his actual pick in the comments section so we can move on.
Commish said to put a comment into the placeholder that I'm drafting Chris Henry, WR, Bengals (with Marcus Henry as placeholder) and he'll swap once he's in the player pool.
If you can't beat 'em head to head, hope for breaking news that gives you a chance of being competitive.

If you can't beat 'em head to head, hope for breaking news that gives you a chance of being competitive.
LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. :sadbanana:

LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. :clap:
Agreed...I'd reserved the word "struggled" for beuno and lhucks.

LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. :thumbup:
:thumbup:This has become one of my favorite leagues. Set it and forget it.

BassNBrew Player YTD Pts Bye

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB - 10 Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB - 9Brees will be huge point producer and I have him slated for a couple of playoff games. Balt TMQB has the weapons to be respectable and the team has an outside shot at the playoffs. Between Smith/Boller/Flacco I expect they have options if someone sucks really bad.
Code:
Hester, Jacob SDC RB - 9 Jordan, Lamont NEP RB - 4 McGahee, Willis BAL RB - 10 White, LenDale TEN RB - 6
One of the weaker stables in the league, fortunately RBs basically fall behind every other position in this league in importance. McGahee was a huge value pick until his knee flared up. I hate White, but he's a starter on a team that should have a winning record. Jordan and Hester could be huge with the right injury, worst case I'll get their garbage time stats and some hope for playoff points. I really don't understand why some teams went 5 deep at RB when decent WRs were left on the board.
Code:
Bryant, Antonio TBB WR - 10 Clayton, Mark BAL WR - 10 Curtis, Kevin PHI WR - 7 Gaffney, Jabar NEP WR - 4 Jackson, Chad NEP WR - 4 Johnson, Calvin DET WR - 4
Lots of playoff hopefuls here outside of CJ. Most of these guys I have rated significantly higher than the masses. The Philly passing offense is being overlooked this year. Either CJ3 or Gaffney will significantly outproduce their draft position, not sure which one so I drafted both since I don't have to pick a starter each week. The right injury in NE would be a huge windfall.
Code:
Smith, L.J. PHI TE - 7 Witten, Jason DAL TE - 10
Witten is SJax on roids in this scoring system. LJ was a steal where I got him. Huge points will be amassed here in the regular and post season.
Code:
Reed, Jeff PIT PK - 6 Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 7
Two solid starters, one should make the playoffs.
Code:
Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 9 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 7
Best defense in the league for this format. Atlanta was the last on the board. Can't complain about 100-120 pts in the last round when most are collecting a weekly donut at this point.All in all, a nice mix of steady production and guys with high ceilings. Probably a better than average playoff point scoring potential. My biggest whiff was taking Reed instead of D. Jackson. I expected a bigger kicker run that didn't materialize. I'd also take Muhammad over Clayton if given a second chance, didn't expect Moose to go that early.

Gator mucked up his roster when he drafted Andre Davis, so I removed him from the roster. Gator will have to repick and is on the clock for that pick followed by his 18th round pick and must take a TE and PK with his two picks.

I nominate BassNBrew as the lord master of shmack.

His team is decent but I expected more considering all the byes hes drafting against.

oops.Okay I took franks as a TE. As for a kicker, let me look....I guess Elam.
After seeing this I'm feeling good about the Falcons defense.
Bass and Brew is great. As he falls to the back of the standings year after year, he becomes harder to hear.
Hmmm....trailed you by five spots last year, you trailed me by 7 the year before. I think you're confusing me with lhucks and it's not appreciated, considering the critisism is coming from a southern hick that roots for a team in an inferior conference.

Bass and Brew is great. As he falls to the back of the standings year after year, he becomes harder to hear.
Hmmm....trailed you by five spots last year, you trailed me by 7 the year before. I think you're confusing me with lhucks and it's not appreciated, considering the critisism is coming from a southern hick that roots for a team in an inferior conference.
LOL -- um, the only guy close to me at the end was unlucky, and that was at about 90 points.LOL at hick as well. I have been here for how many years now? I am a cuban jew from Miami, and I root for the gators, not Florida State.

LHUCKS said:
If only BnB had half the success in this league that I've had.- Former Anarchy Champ
Once upon a time you were viable opposition or just lucky. I have been blaming your dwindling performances on your ff skills eroding, but one must be open minded to the possibly your luck is balancing out.One thing you and Gator do have in common is the pleasure on writing BassNBrew after the words "payable to". Actually Gator still owes me for that league so that isn't entirely true.

Gatorman said:
BassNBrew said:
Gatorman said:
BassNBrew said:
LOL -- um, the only guy close to me at the end was unlucky, and that was at about 90 points.LOL at hick as well. I have been here for how many years now? I am a cuban jew from Miami, and I root for the gators, not Florida State.
Ummm....please keep up, Florida isn't a Pacific coast state like Arizona and the SEC isn't the conference of champions.

LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. :goodposting:
Who is this beuno person?

LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. :goodposting:
Judging by the name, somebody for hope and change. Good theme for your team.

LOL...right, because I've really struggled in this league. ;)
Judging by the name, somebody for hope and change. Good theme for your team.
No. same number of letters but not enough in common.

I gave Gator Jason Elam to give him a legal roster (although he can pick a different kicker if he really wants to). I'm assuming Wood doesn't want to be stuck with Torain, so he needs to give me a substitute.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave Gator Jason Elam to give him a legal roster (although he can pick a different kicker if he really wants to). I'm assuming Wood doesn't want to be stuck with Torain, so he needs to give me a substitute.
Wood swapped his pick, so if Gator is good with Elam we should be done (unless there is another non-compliant team roster wise).

Looking back at last season, the following all went undrafted (yearend league rankings listed):

RB: 9, 11, 24, 28, 37, 38, 42, 47, 50

WR: 30, 35, 41, 46, 48, 49, 51, 52, 55, 68, 71

TE: 9, 19, 29, 30, 32, 35, 39, 40

League Standings Franchise PF Avg PF

Hear-The-Footsteps 200.14 200.1

Unlucky 199.72 199.7

PurpleHaze67 194.86 194.9

Aaron Rudnicki 193.40 193.4

SLBD 173.38 173.4

LHUCKS 171.60 171.6

Twilight 170.04 170.0

BassNBrew 158.78 158.8