What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 2 Draft Order & Smack Talk Thread (4 Viewers)

the TE question is interesting. i had Witten predrafted ahead of Peyton at 1.5. As soon as i didn't get him, i knew that i was going to be behind the curve at TE. i knew none of Gates, KWII, or Gonzo would make it back to 2.12, and i wasn't ready to go to the 2nd tier at that point. Shockey was an option at 3.05, but he disappeared the pick before. by the time it got back to 4.12, i really didn't like what was left.

so i can't say i'm happy i ended up with LJ Smith and Ben Utecht, but it just didn't seem like the draft set up for me to do a lot better without really reaching.

Here's round 2:

Jiggyonthehut

Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted

Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB - 9 2.08

Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB - 8 8.08

Grade: B

Can Brees and company bounce back from a dismal 2007? They have the weapons. They have the desire. I don't see why they won't be more like 2006. If Tarvaris can give some semblence of a passing game, the Vikings could be a nice value pick in the mid-8th round. Their running game will have defenses trying to stop that and not focusing on the passing game. The stars are aligned for young Tarvaris! Both are playoff-capable, too.

Grant, Ryan GBP RB - 8 3.09

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 7 17.09

Jackson, Steven STL RB - 5 1.09

Washington, Leon NYJ RB - 5 12.08

Williams, Ricky MIA RB - 4 9.09

Grade: B+ (which could drop to a C+ if Jackson holds out, or go up to an A- if Ricky gets more playing time than expected)

I'm still not entirely sold on Grant. I'm not saying he was a one-hit wonder, but he will have a harder time this year methinks. But still, getting him in the mid-3rd round is a nice value. Jackson could be a steal at 1.09, but the holdout is a huge concern for all Jackson owners. If he reports, gets his contract, and plays, this could be huge for Jiggy. Also, I like the speedster Washington. He's a huge threat at RB any time he touches the ball (which sadly is not often enough), but a much larger threat in the kick return game. Finally, Williams could be getting more playing time than we all expected, with the oft-injured Ronnie Brown in front of him.

Curtis, Kevin PHI WR - 7 6.08

Jennings, Greg GBP WR - 8 5.09

Jones, Jacoby HOU WR - 8 18.08

Northcutt, Dennis JAC WR - 7 15.09

Robinson, Laurent ATL WR - 7 11.09

Grade: C-

I think what saves this group from the dreaded D grade is the value. Obviously WR was not a key priority of Jiggy, and that's ok if other positions are addressed earlier in the draft. Jennings in the 5th and Curtis in the 6th, I think, is decent value. I'm not as worried about a big drop off from last year's numbers for Jennings now that Favre is gone. I think he'll still be a favorite target of Rodgers. The knock on Curtis is that he's not consistent. But if McNabb can stay healthy, he'll be used a good bit more. Jones, Northcutt, and Robinson are nice values at where they were picked. They won't put up spectacular numbers, but each should have a blowup game or two each.

Davis, Vernon SFO TE - 9 4.08

Lee, Donald GBP TE - 8 7.09

Grade: B- (with the potential of being bumped up to a B)

I've liked Davis ever since he entered the NFL. He's been a little underwhelming overall, but I blame it more on the craptastic 49er offense. Bringing Mike Martz over should definitely help his value. Lee was a nice value pick in the mid-7th round. I think Rodgers will look his way a good deal...

Graham, Shayne CIN PK - 8 14.08

Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK - 4 16.08

Grade: B+

Solid kickers. Both have playoff potential, though Tynes has more of a chance.

Bears, Chicago CHI Def - 8 10.08

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def - 5 13.09

Grade: B (with the potential of being a B+)

The Bears still have one of the most dreaded defenses in the league. They lapsed last year, but they are too competitive and proud to repeat last year's performance. The Raiders have a sound pass defense. If they can ever get the run defense going, this could be a solid one by itself.

Overall Grade: B (with the potential of being a B+)

Fiddles

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB - 10 9.10

Redskins, Washington WAS TMQB - 10 7.10

Grade: B-

I was thinking a C+, as neither is too exciting. However, what prompted me to raise it to B-level territory is the fact that both teams will be in the running for the playoffs, which is an added bonus. Garcia and Campbell are nothing spectacular, but both have some weapons around them (Campbell more than Garcia), and can quietly produce.

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 10 1.10

Betts, Ladell WAS RB - 10 13.10

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB - 6 18.07

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 10 2.07

Rice, Ray BAL RB - 10 10.07

Grade: A- (with the potential of this being an A)

I like this group a LOT. Barner, I think, will have a huge year if he stays healthy. I would have liked to see Fiddles snag Felix Jones too, but he went earlier than I (and probably Fiddles) expected. But the combo of Portis and Betts is huge and should produce a lot of points. The possibility of McGahee missing time, and the likelihood that he'll be brought back a little slowly due to his past injury history, bodes well for Ray Rice. That could be a huge pickup for Fiddles, and a very nice value at mid-10th round either way.

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR - 6 4.07

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 5 5.10

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR - 6 3.10

Smith, Steve NYG WR - 4 12.07

White, Roddy ATL WR - 7 6.07

Grade: A-

I'm really warming up to this group. Holmes, Coles, Bowe, and even White makes a great 4-some. Lot of value and potential there. Smith I'm not too fond of, personally, and a 12th rounder seems a bit early too. But hey, the other four easily overshadow that pick anyway...

Boss, Kevin NYG TE - 4 8.07

Royal, Robert BUF TE - 6 17.10

Grade: C (with the potential of being a C+ or maybe even higher)

Boss is largely untested. I think he has potential, and the trading of Shockey means Boss is "the man" at TE. Not a bad thing, especially in NYG. Royal hasn't been rather underwhelming, but he's a sleeper of mine this year with the keys being handed over to a new, young QB in Trent Edwards. If the second preseason game is any indication, Royal could be a huge steal at 17.10.

Bironas, Rob TEN PK - 6 15.10

Lindell, Rian BUF PK - 6 16.07

Decent kickers. Will get a decent amount of points. Both are on the bubble for the playoffs, too, but I think both will be on the outside looking in this year...

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 9 14.07

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def - 4 11.10

Both have decent defenses. Neither is dominant, but where Fiddles got them, they could be very nice value picks.

Overall Grade: B (with B+ potential)

radballs

Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB - 8 18.01

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB - 7 4.01

Grade: C (with the potential of being a C+)

Garrard surprised me last year, I must admit. He showed poise in the pocket and had a very low number of INTs. My issue is not with him though. It's the craptastic receiving corps they have there in Jacksonville. Until someone steps up to be a true #1, Garrard will likely never hit the magic 20+ TD mark. At 4.01 I suppose he's a decent value, but I would have looked elsewhere, personally. The Bears TMQB. Ick, ick, ick. But hey, even I have to admit that a last round pick? Eh, why not?

Gore, Frank SFO RB - 9 1.16

Rhodes, Dominic IND RB - 4 13.16

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 8 8.01

White, LenDale TEN RB - 6 5.16

I'm tempted to go B- here, but Gore and White isn't that bad of a duo. Gore was a nice pick at 1.16. No way Rad could ignore him there. White at the tail-end of the 5th is also a very nice value. Both will produce. Chester at 8.01 was a huge surprise to me. I thought he'd go earlier than that. But he didn't, and Rad got another nice value pick. Rhodes? Eh, he may get a little time here and there, as he is familiar with the offense and is basically the backup again.

Curry, Ronald OAK WR - 5 9.16

Hester, Devin CHI WR - 8 11.16

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 10 2.01

Ward, Hines PIT WR - 6 6.01

Wilford, Ernest MIA WR - 4 15.16

Williams, Reggie JAC WR - 7 10.01

I was tempted to give it a C+, but you can't ignore Owens here. He'll be a stud again. Ward should be decent too, and will get a lot of looks. But I worry a bit about him in the TD department, thinking he will continue to lose more red zone looks to Holmes and Heath Miller. Curry, Hester, Wilford, and Williams will get some decent time here and there. Maybe a few blowup games every now and then. Only one or two have a chance at sniffing the playoffs though...

Daniels, Owen HOU TE - 8 3.16

Olsen, Greg CHI TE - 8 7.16

Daniels I like. But at 3.16 I think that's still too early for him. I suppose since TEs were going early and often, Rad didn't have much choice if he was going to get anyone decent at that position. So he was kinda forced into that pick. Olsen should be a nice surprise. I just worry that Desmond Clark will continue to split time with Olsen and eat away at his value.

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK - 5 16.01

Scobee, Josh JAC PK - 7 14.01

Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. Scobee has a good chance of making it to the playoffs, and Sea Bass won't even come close. Decent points from this position though...

49ers, San Francisco SFO Def - 9 17.16

Bills, Buffalo BUF Def - 6 12.01

Grade: C+

I like the improved Bills defense. I think they'll be a nice surprise this year. The 49ers though will continue to struggle.

Overall Grade: C+ (with the potential of a B-)

Captain Hook

Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB - 5 3.13

Raiders, Oakland OAK TMQB - 5 9.13

I love the Anderson story from last year. Who saw that coming? And even if he flops/gets injured, I think Quinn will step in fairly well and still produce. I don't quite expect last year's numbers though. The Raiders TMQB at 9.13? Eh, not too crazy about that one. I think Hook coulda waited a lot longer to grab them (I mean, the Bears were taken in the 18th!).

Addai, Joseph IND RB - 4 1.13

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB - 6 7.13

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB - 9 6.04

Turner, Michael ATL RB - 7 5.13

Grade: A

Great, great group here. Love it. Addai will be huge, especially if Manning is a little gimpy. Mendenhall isn't the starter, but he will certainly get plenty of carries to show off his skill, and to also keep Parker fresh. Stewart isn't the starter either, more than likely, but just like Mendenhall, he'll get plenty of carries, for the exact same reason (just sub DeAngelo Williams for Willie Parker). Turner was a great pickup at 5.13. I don't expect 15+ TDs or anything, but a quiet 1,110+ 9-10 TD year would be solid production for that draft spot. All but maybe Turner have playoff aspirations, too!

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 9 2.04

Gaffney, Jabar NEP WR - 4 10.04

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR - 7 16.04

Sweed, Limas PIT WR - 6 17.13

Toomer, Amani NYG WR - 4 13.13

Walter, Kevin HOU WR - 8 11.13

Ouch. I can see how the RBs are so strong now. The WRs weren't addressed much. Colston will be solid again, so nice choice there. The rest though? Eh, I guess for where they were picked they were all value picks. This is why I didn't go with a grade of a D+. Most have a chance at making the playoffs and producing more, which is a plus, too. We won't see a ton of production out of this group, but a little here, little there is really all Hook is looking for methinks. A few blowup games are inevitable, too.

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE - 5 8.04

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE - 8 4.04

Scheffler, I think, will have a nice year. Decent value there. I like Keller a lot, but I think it's a year too early for him. Especially translating that to this draft. I think he was drafted too early. The Jets still have Baker and brought in Bubba Franks, who's very familiar with Favre. So unless one of them gets dropped, Keller's value is not very high this year.

Crosby, Mason GBP PK - 8 14.04

Gould, Robbie CHI PK - 8 15.13

Another decent duo. Nothing spectacular, but not shabby either.

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def - 6 18.04

Jets, New York NYJ Def - 5 12.04

Grade: C

Not so great here. Later picks, but they are definitely below-average as far as defenses go.

Overall Grade: B-

FWIW, here is the Draft Dominator's view of the teams, based on latest (8/14) projections:2817.2 Just Win Baby2789.4 CalBear2746.1 Anarchy992667.9 radballs2663.2 Jiggyonthehut2657.2 Duckboy2654.1 Fiddles2652.8 Old Milwaukee2642.2 nittanylion2617.6 Biabreakable2601.2 joffer2537.3 There It Is2508.2 Captain Hook2502.0 Sinrman2478.5 Bri2247.7 Pimpin' Ain't EasyCaveats:1. I made no attempt to change projections from the defaults. Obviously many people will have different projections and thus will feel differently than what is shown by these numbers.2. DD does not factor in NFL playoff games, and thus those points are not accounted for.3. We use team QBs, so I added 4 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs projected to score any points. So all teams have 4-6 individual QBs. This seems to be the only way to represent team QBs in DD.Despite the issues cited above, I think this is as good as any other quick view of the results. Injuries will obviously be the biggest factor, but this has done a decent job in past years of assessing the results in Anarchy drafts.
Stuff like this is great to look back on after the season is over and see how close/far the DD was... One thing that the DD, nor any tool out there can predict though -- injuries. They always wreak havoc in a league like this.Gonna be fun! :rolleyes:

Not to pick CalBear apart (or the DD projections), but I am not as high on his team as the DD obviously is:

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 4 16.06

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB - 6 8.06

I don't see either of these teams passing much and I am not convinced VY will have a Michael Vick like season. I also don't think either will make the playoffs (although the DD does not account for that).

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 4 5.11

Jones, Julius SEA RB - 4 7.11

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB - 5 3.11

Norwood, Jerious ATL RB - 7 10.06

I think Brown will be a shell of the guy we saw last year and in fact I think Ricky could score as much as Brown. IMO, Jones will be the same player we saw in Texas (ok for yards but few TD). Lewis should be a Top 10-15 back but doesn't get much reciving wise on a team that claims to be migrating to a more vertical attack. Norwood is intriguing but probably won't see much more than 100 carries.

Bennett, Drew STL WR - 5 12.06

Branch, Deion SEA WR - 4 13.11

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 8 6.06

Ginn Jr., Ted MIA WR - 4 9.11

Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 8 2.06

Williams, Roy DET WR - 4 4.06

Obviously you have to love Ocho, but Branch could start the year on PUP and is clearly banged up. I like Roy and Driver but Ginn is a mystery (although I took him in League 1) and Bennett has been a disappointment without Volek.

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE - 6 1.11

Shiancoe, Vishante MIN TE - 8 14.06

Gonzalez is Gonzalez and will be stout (but not in the post season). Shiancoe never really did it for me.

Folk, Nick DAL PK - 10 11.11

Nugent, Mike NYJ PK - 5 15.11

Folk is top tier but kickers are not generally a huge difference maker (unless you get stuck with one that loses his job). I don't think the Jets will rival the top scoring teams in overall scoring, so he's just all right in my book.

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def - 8 17.11

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 7 18.06

I don't see either team scoring much here.

So overall, I would not have guesses he would have been a Top 2 contender in my book . . . but I guess the DD things he is.

FWIW, here is the Draft Dominator's view of the teams, based on latest (8/14) projections:2817.2 Just Win Baby2789.4 CalBear2746.1 Anarchy992667.9 radballs2663.2 Jiggyonthehut2657.2 Duckboy2654.1 Fiddles2652.8 Old Milwaukee2642.2 nittanylion2617.6 Biabreakable2601.2 joffer2537.3 There It Is2508.2 Captain Hook2502.0 Sinrman2478.5 Bri2247.7 Pimpin' Ain't EasyCaveats:1. I made no attempt to change projections from the defaults. Obviously many people will have different projections and thus will feel differently than what is shown by these numbers.2. DD does not factor in NFL playoff games, and thus those points are not accounted for.3. We use team QBs, so I added 4 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs projected to score any points. So all teams have 4-6 individual QBs. This seems to be the only way to represent team QBs in DD.Despite the issues cited above, I think this is as good as any other quick view of the results. Injuries will obviously be the biggest factor, but this has done a decent job in past years of assessing the results in Anarchy drafts.
was this using projections from the day we started the draft or today?

A few comments.

At 2.14 my first thought was, oh yeah this is a 16 team league. So many 12s and 14s I'd forgotten. I love Housh and CJ and as a result Carson so, the Cincy Team QB seemed like the right pick. The scoring really favors the QB but I was a bit concerned to grab a QB when no one else would...what's the rush then? Carson's been good for a number of years now so I was confident that pick was OK. Around my pick was Anquan who has missed time, LJ who I can't figure out without a great OL in front of him and he missed time, can Welker catch that many again?, Plax's ankle and whining...Carson offerred some peace of mind too I guess.
The Bengals team QB was the 5th team QB off the board. In this format, Cincy finished 14th in 2007 and 7th in 2006 among team QBs. One reason Cincy is unlikely to justify this draft position is they are unlikely to make the playoffs. Pretty hard to see them finishing ahead of all but 4 other team QBs, when 12 other teams will be getting playoff points. And aside from all that is whether or not team QB was a good choice in the second round, given New England, Indy, Dallas, and New Orleans were already gone.
Any team with a potent offense like Cincy has a shot at making the playoffs or any game for that matter. With returning players (from injury or suspension) Cincy inadvertently added alot of players this year. I mean they were one step away from seeing if NFLE guys felt like playing LB last year. Well anyhow, I think Cincy will be better in 08 than they were in 07.

14.14 Brian Leonard- Before Jackson's holdout, he started whining his groin was bugging him again. Hold outs always worry me that they'll stay healthy when thrown back into the mix. I think he's a pretty good type guess of which backup RB will see starting time in 08 type player.
IMO going RB at flex is not good strategy, since generally speaking RB is the lowest scoring position. Also, locking in your flex so early prevents you from taking advantage of value that emerges late. As an example, I was able to get Alex Smith at TE for my flex in the 17th round, and there is a reasonable chance he will score 100+ points. Leonard will be lucky to get half of that, unless Jackson misses time.
Oh cmon now Alex Smith? The TE who gets about 300 yards and 2 TDs each year? The one that'll lose his catches to Ben Troupe if he ever gets his foot healed up? That one?At least Leonard had roughly 500 yards as a rook.What's with the flex in a total points league anyway? There's 18 starters, no flex

Now I'll comment on my team.

1.8 Randy Moss. Nobrainer. Last season, he was the #2 overall scorer. Could not hope for better value than this at 1.7. Should be in the playoffs.

2.9 Andre Johnson. Surprised 8 other WRs went before him. Has a slim chance at playoff points.

3.8 Todd Heap. Last year, he was only the #37 TE, but played only 6 games due to injuries. In 2007, he was the #4 TE, although that was with McNair and Billick, so his ceiling may be slightly lower with the Ravens' current QBs. Still, as long as he stays healthy, he stands an excellent chance of finishing in the top 10 at TE. His current preseason calf injury doesn't appear to be serious. To maximize scoring for my team in this format, I wanted to get two of the top 12 or so TEs. In order to do that with 7 TEs already gone, I figured I had to take one here and get another within the next 2 rounds. No playoff points here.

4.9 Seattle Team QB. With 10 team QBs gone, I felt Seattle offered value. Last year, Seattle was the 6th best team QB; in 2006, Seattle was the 9th best team QB. The WRs are a bit of a concern, but I have faith that Holmgren and Hasselbeck will maintain a productive passing game. Seattle is a solid bet to make the playoffs, which will hopefully give 1-2 more games of ~20 ppg performance. I should also note that I got burned at QB last year in Anarchy 3 - I took Tennessee in the 5th as the 10th team QB off the board and Baltimore in the 9th as the 20th team QB off the board, and they finished 28th and 27th, respectively. So I wanted better performance from that spot this year and felt Seattle was a fairly safe pick.

5.8 Alge Crumpler. I was mildly surprised that Crumpler was still around at this point. He was hurt last year, but was the 6th best TE in 2006. That was with Atlanta, but as long as he is healthy, he is in a good situation. He is arguably Young's most talented target, and he is playing for Heimerdinger, whose offense featured productive TE play when he was the Titans' OC for Fisher in 2000-04. I feel good about his chances to be a top 10 TE. He has a chance to get playoff points.

6.9 Denver Team QB. Surprised 17 other team QBs were taken before Denver. Granted, they were only 17th best in this format last year, but Cutler should be better with that experience under his belt and with his medical condition diagnosed and treatable. His receiving options should be improved, though Marshall's suspension hurts. And the team should not face a repeat of the Travis Henry drama this year, which should also help. Playoff points are unfortunately unlikely here. I know some would argue that it is best to wait on QBs, given there is not necessarily a large spread between them... but I wanted to avoid getting stuck on the wrong end of a run that left me with a bottom performer.

7.8 Kevin Smith. Good value as the 32nd RB taken. No playoff points, but given I waited 7 rounds for my first RB, I'm better off than I might have expected. Last year, I took Larry Johnson in the 1st round and didn't take another RB until Leon Washington in the 8th, and I ultimately finished 2nd in Anarchy 3. Smith should easily get me more points than Johnson did last year.

8.9 Felix Jones. Good value as the 38th RB off the board. Will get playoff points here. Has been looking good this preseason, and I think he'll have a healthy part of the Dallas running and passing games. If Barber were to underperform or miss a few games, he could easily break the top 30. I felt there was another minor RB dropoff coming and wanted to get another RB before it.

9.8 Minnesota Team Defense. FBG has the Vikings as their top ranked team defense in this format. They only finished 12th last season, but the addition of Jared Allen and Madieu Williams should boost them into the top 5 range. Playoff points are possible.

10.9 Justin Gage. Was hoping Ray Rice would fall to me here, but he didn't. However, I like Gage here. He is a #1 WR for his team, and I got him as the 50th WR off the board. Heimerdinger's #1 WRs have typically been quite good, and Gage finished last season relatively strong. He has a chance to get playoff points. All that said, having the top two targets for Tennessee is a dubious distinction...

11.8 D.J. Hackett. 56th WR off the board. If he stays healthy, should outperform this draft position... but that is a big if. Due to Smith's suspension, he will definitely start two games, and with Muhammad's age and Smith's recent concussion, as well as the possibility that he simply outplays Muhammad, he could start a lot more. Even if he is third on the depth chart, that will likely be because Muhammad is a good run blocker... but Hackett should be featured more than Muhammad as a receiving target. A bit of a gamble here, but there were no options without their own issues at this point. Slim chance of playoff points here.

12.9 Adam Vinatieri. Unfortunately, I was well into my business trip at this point, and had no time to follow the draft or plan my picks. I saw that two kickers had gone and figured the initial run on kickers would be starting. Some feel that waiting on kickers is better, but this is not like team QBs - some teams will get stuck with part timers or guys that get cut or beat out... so IMO it is good to get your first kicker early enough to guard against getting stuck with a bad second kicker. I thought about taking the Redskins defense here, and hoped they'd come back to me. In retrospect, I should have gone the other way. Very likely to get playoff points here.

13.8 Nate Kaeding. With no other kickers having been taken, I decided to go back to back to lock up two top kickers rather than taking someone else I didn't particularly like. Should get playoff points here.

14.9 Michael Jenkins. Solid value as the 73rd WR taken, given he is a starter. He finished 61st last season, while missing one game. Even if his role is somewhat reduced from last year to make more room for Robinson, hoepfully that is overcome by improvement at QB and in offensive playcalling. No playoff points.

15.8 Denver Team Defense. Good value as the 24th team defense taken. They finished 17th last year, and have made changes that should improve the run defense.

16.9 Sammy Morris. At this point, all RBs remaining are long shots. Morris was the 61st RB taken. If Maroney gets hurt and/or if Jordan gets hurt and/or disappoints, Morris could get 50+ points. His team will be in the playoffs, though it remains to be seen whether his role will be substantial enough that it matters. The key for him is whether or not Jordan passes him on the depth chart. I think Morris can hold him off, meaning he'll get some carries even if Maroney is healthy.

17.8 Alex Smith. Surprised to nab him here... He should get 100+ points, which is great value this deep in the draft. I considered taking him as early as 14.9. Hard to believe so many teams have gone with a RB at their flex position and passed up a player like Smith; I think the traditional RB bias is too hard for some to let go of (see the later posts about this with Bri). FBG has him as its 23rd ranked TE. On top of all that, he stands a good chance of getting playoff points.

18.9 Fred Jackson. If Lynch gets hurt, Jackson showed last year that he can perform well. He played well enough last year, that he should get steady work this year and produce 50+ points even if Lynch is healthy. 67th RB off the board, so 50 points would be great production here. No playoff points.

Per my previous post, DD shows my team as the top team right now. Of course, that comes with the caveats noted in that post, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few better teams.

The main key for this team is staying healthy, especially Johnson, Heap, and Crumpler, who are key players for this team and all missed time last year due to injuries. I also need at least one of my RBs to exceed expectations.

But at least I feel comfortable this team can contend. I think my team is likely to have several players make the playoffs, which should help.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned in this thread, I think Smith, ADP, and Carson could have explosive weeks. If this were redraft, I'd figure those 3 would make me the high scorer a few weeks. It's not so I'm just banking on stockpiling points to overcome their "off" weeks.
I remain confused by some of your comments. Off weeks and high scoring weeks are irrelevant. All that matters is how many total points your team has after 21 weeks.
you're trying to bring up an old debate that's not there.I typed "off" weeks, you reply with off weeks insinuating a bye. I stated "if it were redraft" and "It's not" but you're still running with the previous stuff where you proved me wrong.You reply it's total points I mention stockpiling pointsyou're trying to make something of nothing here

Round 3:

Duckboy

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB - 9 9.04

Bills, Buffalo BUF TMQB - 6 8.13

I very nearly went with a D+, but the last preseason game have given me a little more hope in Edwards and the Buffalo offense. Even if he doesn't cut it, I think Losman can at least be serviceable. The 49ers though? Ick, much like the Raiders TMQB I just graded, I'm just not liking it. If someone can wait until the 18th to nab the crappy Bears TMQB, surely you could have waited later to get the 49ers TMQB. Unless, of course, you expect some miracle numbers from them.. :yes:

Booker, Lorenzo PHI RB - 7 16.13

Bush, Michael OAK RB - 5 17.04

James, Edgerrin ARI RB - 7 5.04

Sproles, Darren SDC RB - 9 18.13

Grade: D

Wow. This hurts. James at 5.04 isn't too bad. He'll quietly produce. But he's no spring chicken, so he could break down at any time. Booker and Bush are down the depth charts and won't see a whole lot of action any time soon. I do like the Sproles pick though. An 18th round pick for LT's backup? Why not? LT isn't getting any younger, and I could see the speedster Sproles getting a bit more playing time than Turner used to. Not to mention he has increased value as a KR/PR and is a big threat there. I think it's too early to jump on the Hester bandwagon, and every draft I've been a part of, he's being taken way before Sproles...

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 7 2.13

Clayton, Michael TBB WR - 10 13.04

Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR - 5 4.13

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR - 4 7.04

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 10 6.13

Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR - 9 11.04

Grade: B (with B+ potential)

I like this group. Boldin is solid. He just needs to stay healthy and he'll get his 85+ receptions and 1300+ yards. Cotchery's value just shot up with the addition of Favre. Great pick there. If Moss can ever stay healthy, he's a nice threat. You never know with him though. Gonzalez is a sleeper for me this year. We don't know how Harrison will turn out this year, and even if he does bounce back, Manning loves to spread it out, which means Gonzalez gets more playing time than your average #3. Add in Dallas Clark as a threat, and teams will forget Gonzalez. Muhammad needs to really step it up, but his age is a bit of a concern. He does have two things going for him -- he's knows the offense already, and Steve Smith's suspension means he'll be the #1 for a couple games at least! Clayton was a later pick, and has been a big disappointment since his sophomore year. He's fighting to remain a starter, so who knows?

Shockey, Jeremy NOS TE - 9 3.04

Witten, Jason DAL TE - 10 1.04

Grade: A+

Can't argue with this. With TEs being heavily favored, these two are huge. There will be a lot of points out of them both.

Prater, Matt DEN PK - 8 15.04

Rackers, Neil ARI PK - 7 14.13

Prater is an unknown, so we're not sure how he'll turn out. He'll have plenty of opportunities though if we just look back at Elam's history in Denver. Rackers had that one blowup season in 2005, but regressed a lot since. The good thing though is that he's been a bit consistent (110+ points/season).

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def - 10 12.13

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 4 10.13

I think age and durability is in question with these two defenses. I like the choices though, and both have great potential to make the playoffs.

Overall Grade: B (with a great chance at B+ potential)

nittanylion

Panthers, Carolina CAR TMQB - 9 6.05

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB - 6 3.12

Grade: B (with a chance at B+ potential)

I think Big Ben can repeat last year's performance. I think the rise of Holmes has had a dramatic impact on Roethlisberger. If Parker and Mendenhall can keep it together running the ball, this offense will have another big year. The Panthers TMQB though is a bit of a concern for me. I like Jake, but his weapons overall are a bit weak. Smith being out for the first two games hurts Jake's value a lot. The running game is a big ? and if Williams and Stewart can't produce, teams will be all over Delhomme. And that doesn't even bring up Jake's injury/surgery last year!

Brown, Chris HOU RB - 8 11.12

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB - 5 5.12

Taylor, Fred JAC RB - 7 7.12

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB - 9 13.12

Jones went up the charts a good bit with the addition of Favre. At 5.12, he was a huge pickup. Taylor was one I was targeting, but Nittanylion snagged him before me. Great value there, if Fred can continue to stay healthy. His age is starting to become a big concern though. Brown, I thought, was a nice pickup at 11.12. Ahman Green is not exactly the healthiest RB (of course, neither is Brown, but he's not the starter getting banged around as much). Brown will spell Green a good bit this year methinks. Finally, Thomas might be a sneaky value pick with Deuce having ACL problems again.

Evans, Lee BUF WR - 6 4.05

Hardy, James BUF WR - 6 14.05

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR - 8 2.05

Meachem, Robert NOS WR - 9 12.05

Rice, Sidney MIN WR - 8 9.12

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 4 1.12

Awesome group here. Wayne will be huge again. Houshmanzilla (CHAMPIONSHIP!) is worth a ton in this format. Evans I like a lot, and if Edwards/Losman can improve, he'll be one that many will be mad that they passed up on. Rice, Meachem, and Hardy will have a few decent games here and there. Nothing spectacular.

Baker, Chris NYJ TE - 5 18.05

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 7 8.05

I almost gave a C-, but Lewis has improved, and should continue to. Getting him in the 8th wasn't a bad pick, either. Baker though...? Eh, with Franks and Keller there, his value dips. Not to mention his crying about his contract doesn't help matters either.

Brown, Kris HOU PK - 8 15.12

Bryant, Matt TBB PK - 10 16.05

Neither is spectacular, but not bad.

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def - 7 10.05

Lions, Detroit DET Def - 4 17.12

The Jag's D is solid. Not a lot of turnovers, but they will keep the scores low, which helps a lot. They also have great playoff potential. The Lions? Eh, late round flyer, and will have a decent game every now and then...

Overall Grade: B

There It Is

Giants, New York NYG TMQB - 4 4.16

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB - 8 5.01

Eli and Schaub still have much to prove in fantasy owners' minds. Both should be good for around 20-ish TDs though, so that's not too bad for where they were picked.

Hester, Jacob SDC RB - 9 16.16

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - 9 11.01

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 8 18.16

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB - 9 1.01

Yeah, I gave a B for the owner who has LT. The depth is very lacking. LT will be LT. Lots of points. But McAllister is another injury away from being done with his career (and they brought in Pierre Thomas to help make sure McAllister sticks around longer). Slaton, I like, especially with the last pick of the draft. But he's new to the NFL and learning things, and is behind Green and Brown. The good thing for him here, is that neither Green nor Brown are bastions of health. So he could see a bit more action than we think. Hester looks decent so far in preseason, but we aren't even sure if he's the #2 or #3. I think early on at least, he'll be the #3 behind Sproles (who's more familiar with the offense).

Crayton, Patrick DAL WR - 10 7.01

Mason, Derrick BAL WR - 10 6.16

Porter, Jerry JAC WR - 7 8.16

Smith, Brad NYJ WR - 5 17.01

Stokley, Brandon DEN WR - 8 13.01

Grade: D-

Oh wow. Not liking this group whatsoever. Crayton and Mason are decent in this format. Porter COULD be decent, if he's healthy enough. But the other two don't really give me much hope here.

Carlson, John SEA TE - 4 10.16

Clark, Dallas IND TE - 4 3.01

Cooley, Chris WAS TE - 10 2.16

I like this trio. Cooley and Clark will produce well. Carlson could have a decent few games.

Akers, David PHI PK - 7 15.01

Reed, Jeff PIT PK - 6 14.16

Solid duo. Both have potential for the playoffs, too.

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def - 6 9.01

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 6 12.16

Solid defenses. Both have playoff potential...

Sinrman

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB - 7 3.14

Jets, New York NYJ TMQB - 5 4.03

Potential here. I like Favre a lot in NYJ with those receivers and a decent-enough running game. But can he mesh with his new teammates in time? McNabb is still a top QB, if he can stay healthy, which is very unlikely. But the nice thing is that their backup QBs have shown they can keep it going, which is encouraging.

Bell, Tatum DET RB - 4 9.14

Dunn, Warrick TBB RB - 10 14.03

Green, Ahman HOU RB - 8 7.14

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 8 6.03

Parker, Willie PIT RB - 6 5.14

Eh. Not the greatest group. Injury concerns all around. But there's a lot of potential. Big IFs with Rudi and Willie, but both are the starters and can produce. Green is also the starter, but will be spelled with Chris Brown and maybe Steve Slaton. Bell is well... Bell. Kevin Smith could take the starting spot from him, but I'm banking on that not happening just yet. Dunn will get a little time here and there, but was a late flyer, so I'm not too concerned, as long as I get a few points from him each week.

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR - 5 2.03

Jones, James GBP WR - 8 11.14

Royal, Eddie DEN WR - 8 16.03

Stallworth, Donte' CLE WR - 5 8.03

Thomas, Devin WAS WR - 10 12.03

Grade: C (with C+ potential)

After Edwards, it's pretty iffy. Jones I like, but with Jennings and Driver already there, his value dips a bit. Royal and Stallworth I like, but I believe I overpaid for Stallworth, who is another injury concern. And Thomas? Ugh, I really wish I could take that pick back...

Pope, Leonard ARI TE - 7 13.14

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 5 1.14

Winslow should be solid. Pope is improving and is in a nice wide-open offense.

Carpenter, Dan MIA PK - 4 18.03

Stover, Matt BAL PK - 10 15.14

Eh, not real exciting here, either. Stover is fairly consistent. But Carpenter was a last-round "There's no one else" pick at kicker. I sure hope he gets SOME opportunities.

Rams, St. Louis STL Def - 5 17.14

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 10 10.03

The Ravens will bounce back from last year. They had one of the top run defenses, but their pass defense was iffy. I look to Ray-Ray and company to turn it around. The Rams will have a few decent games here and there. As a late-round flyer, and the best of the rest, I'm just hoping for some points out of them.

Overall Grade: C+

Version 9.0g, the About window says Projections as of 8/14, but I have been updating them daily, including today.

A few comments.

At 2.14 my first thought was, oh yeah this is a 16 team league. So many 12s and 14s I'd forgotten. I love Housh and CJ and as a result Carson so, the Cincy Team QB seemed like the right pick. The scoring really favors the QB but I was a bit concerned to grab a QB when no one else would...what's the rush then? Carson's been good for a number of years now so I was confident that pick was OK. Around my pick was Anquan who has missed time, LJ who I can't figure out without a great OL in front of him and he missed time, can Welker catch that many again?, Plax's ankle and whining...Carson offerred some peace of mind too I guess.
The Bengals team QB was the 5th team QB off the board. In this format, Cincy finished 14th in 2007 and 7th in 2006 among team QBs. One reason Cincy is unlikely to justify this draft position is they are unlikely to make the playoffs. Pretty hard to see them finishing ahead of all but 4 other team QBs, when 12 other teams will be getting playoff points. And aside from all that is whether or not team QB was a good choice in the second round, given New England, Indy, Dallas, and New Orleans were already gone.
Any team with a potent offense like Cincy has a shot at making the playoffs or any game for that matter. With returning players (from injury or suspension) Cincy inadvertently added alot of players this year. I mean they were one step away from seeing if NFLE guys felt like playing LB last year. Well anyhow, I think Cincy will be better in 08 than they were in 07.
Sure, the Bengals could be better. But I don't see them making the playoffs. I don't see Cincy beating out both Cleveland and Pittsburgh to win the division, which means they would have to make it as a wild card, beating out all but one of these teams: Pittsburgh/Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, the Jets, Buffalo, and Denver (assuming Indy, New England, Pittsburgh/Cleveland, and San Diego win the divisions).I think it is unlikely a team QB will finish top 5 without making the playoffs, implying they were not good value. :yes:

Bri - Brian Moore

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN TMQB - 8 2.14

Packers, Green Bay GBP TMQB - 8 7.03

Grade: A-

Solid. Palmer should continue to put up solid numbers. Though there's a big quesiton mark looming over Green Bay with Rodgers, I think he'll produce well. I don't think he'll put up Favre-like numbers, but he's been around long enough and has enough tutelage and experience now to handle a lot of the pressure. He also has nice weapons around him, so that helps tremendously. Both teams have a chance at the playoffs, though the Bengals have a lot slimmer chance.

Johnson, Chris TEN RB - 6 6.14

Jones, Kevin CHI RB - 8 12.14

Leonard, Brian STL RB - 5 14.14

McFadden, Darren OAK RB - 5 4.14

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB - 8 1.03

Yeah, that's right. I just gave a team with Peterson AND McFadden a B+. Now before you ask "WhatchutalkinboutWillis?" hear me out. Peterson will again be a monster, as long as he stays healthy. There's no question there. McFadden though, I think will produce, and do fairly well, but he has Fargas and Michael Bush there this year to take carries away from him. That, coupled with the likelihood that they will ease him into the NFL early on, means he won't put up the monster numbers many think he'll do immediately. Too many look back at what Peterson did last year and think we'll have a repeat. I simply disagree. At least this year! Johnson, Jones, and Leonard could be a decent trio, though none are starters. The nice thing here for Bri is where he got them. There could be some nice value here. If Steven Jackson holds out, Leonard will shoot up the charts, and that would be an absolute steal.

Booker, Marty CHI WR - 8 13.03

Davis, Andre' HOU WR - 8 18.14

Harrison, Marvin IND WR - 4 5.03

McDonald, Shaun DET WR - 4 15.03

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 9 3.03

Grade: C+ (with the potential of a B-)

At first glance, I like this group of receivers. However, there are a lot of question marks looming over them. Will Chicago ever break out of the passing attack funk? If so, Booker's value shoots way up. Davis I think was a nice value pick in the 18th round. Harrison is a huge question mark. I think he CAN and will bounce back, but not quite to what he once did. There's also questions about Manning's status, too, which directly affects Harrison's value, too. McDonald, I like a lot. He is in a pass-happy offense, and easily showed to be #3 material. Being picked in the 15th round was nice value. Steve Smith slipped a little, and for good reason. Missing the first two games hurts a good deal. But when he comes back, look for him to come back with a vengeance.

Fasano, Anthony MIA TE - 4 10.14

Gaines, Michael DET TE - 4 17.03

Grade: D+

Both starters. But both are on crappy teams with no shot at the playoffs. Neither team has shown much desire to pass to the TE throughout the years, either. Neither has really done a whole lot during their careers, either, though Gaines seems to have a little more potential.

Elam, Jason ATL PK - 7 16.14

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK - 4 11.03

Great choices. Both will produce a lot of points for this postion.

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def - 10 8.14

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 4 9.03

Incredible duo of defenses, I must admit. Should produce a solid amount of points nearly every week. What I would question is how early they were taken. Taking two top defenses that early in a draft? Risky!

Overall Grade: B (with the potential of a B+)
thanks for taking the time to reviewI expected a low grade on TEs, we'll see how it winds up

Final round:

Anarchy99

Patriots, New England NEP TMQB - 4 1.02

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB - 10 17.02

Many will look back at drafting the NE TMQB at 1.02 as either being David's downfall, or reason why he won/placed high. I can't argue with the pick, being 6 points/passing TD. I think everyone, including David, expects a dropoff from last year. I mean, it was a magical year, and to think Brady will repeat this is just unrealistic. If he gets 35+ TDs this year, I think it'll warrant such a high pick. The Ravens TMQB isn't a great one to have, but hey, in the 17th round is not horrible...

Graham, Earnest TBB RB - 10 5.02

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 4 4.15

Ward, Derrick NYG RB - 4 15.02

Watson, Kenny CIN RB - 8 12.15

Grade: C+ (with B- potential)

Maroney and Graham aren't bad picks for where they were snagged. David didn't have much of a choice having taken the NE TMQB in the 1st round. Maroney has been a bit underwhelming overall, but doesn't have a lot pushing him for the starting spot (Faulk? Jordan?). He'll have his moments. Graham was nice to watch last year after Cadillac went down AGAIN. He will have Caddy and Dunn nipping at his heels though, and steal some carries. Ward is mired behind Jacobs and possibly Bradshaw, so I'm not too sure on that pick. Watson could be in a nice position if Rudi Johnson gets hurt again/sucks. He was a nice value pick at 12.15.

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR - 4 3.02

Chambers, Chris SDC WR - 9 6.15

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR - 9 8.15

Johnson, Bryant SFO WR - 9 9.02

Patten, David NOS WR - 9 11.02

Welker, Wes NEP WR - 4 2.15

Welker and Burress (if he stays healthy) will be worth a lot of points. Chambers will have his moments, as will Vincent Jackson. Johnson could be a little bit of a surprise in SF, but the QB situation there worries me. Finally, Patten is set as the starter, but may lose that to Meachem. So who knows? For where David got him though, that's not too bad of a deal.

Clark, Desmond CHI TE - 8 13.02

Watson, Ben NEP TE - 4 7.02

Watson had a few nice games. And in that offense, it can't be all that bad. But he's very inconsistent (even for a TE). Clark is losing ground to the second-year TE Olsen, and is still a part of a crappy offense.

Dawson, Phil CLE PK - 5 14.15

Hanson, Jason DET PK - 4 16.15

Both are fairly consistent. Not too many blowup games, but consistency is key!

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def - 4 18.15

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 8 10.15

The Pack defense is young and improving. I think they'll do well. The Dolphins? Ick. After losing Taylor, I expect them to be getting stomped often...

joffer

Colts, Indianapolis IND TMQB - 4 1.05

Falcons, Atlanta ATL TMQB - 7 18.12

Grade: A- (possible drop to B+ if Manning isn't healthy)

See Anarchy99's.

Hall, Andre DEN RB - 8 14.12

Johnson, Larry KCC RB - 6 2.12

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 7 3.05

Morris, Maurice SEA RB - 4 10.12

I love the LJ/MJD duo. Lot of points there. Morris may be a very nice pickup at 10.12 if Jones is injured/sucks. Either way, he'll be getting some nice playing time since he's more familiar with the offense. Hall? Eh, why not take a shot at someone in the Denver stable?

Berrian, Bernard MIN WR - 8 7.05

Engram, Bobby SEA WR - 4 5.05

Hagan, Derek MIA WR - 4 13.05

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR - 8 4.12

Randle El, Antwaan WAS WR - 10 11.05

Taylor, Courtney SEA WR - 4 16.12

Grade: C+ (with B- potential)

The reason for the low grade is the question marks. Engram's injury. Marshall's 2, maybe 3 game suspension. Berrian's QB. I think out of the group, I like the Randle-El pickup at 11.05. He's a starter and a double threat in the return game. Taylor could be a nice late-round flyer with the other Seattle receivers falling like flies. Hagan? Eh, he's a starter. He'll get some points here and there, even if it's Miami...

Smith, L.J. PHI TE - 7 6.12

Utecht, Ben CIN TE - 8 9.05

Grade: C (with C+ potential)

LJ needs McNabb to stay healthy. A lot to ask though. Utecht is battling with Reggie Kelly for the starter spot, but I think his past with the Colts gives him a leg up.

Kasay, John CAR PK - 9 15.05

Mehlhaff, Taylor NOS PK - 9 17.05

Kasay will get some points. Mehlhaff isn't even set as the starter. Very risky.

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 9 8.12

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def - 7 12.12

Solid defenses. Some good points out of these two.

Old Milwaukee

Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMQB - 7 4.11

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC TMQB - 6 9.06

If Leinart/Warner can keep chucking the ball toe Boldin/Fitz, this will be a nice pick. The Chiefs at 9.06 isn't a bad pick, especially with the rise of Bowe. If Bowe can repeat last year's performance, and Tony G can keep it up, they should put up some points. Especially with defenses trying to shut down LJ.

Fargas, Justin OAK RB - 5 11.06

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB - 6 2.11

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB - 7 1.06

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 9 7.06

Grade: A- (which could be downgraded to B+ if Westy has injury problems again)

Westy and Lynch make for a great duo. Lot of points here. If RBs got PPR, Westy wouldn't have lasted that long though. Health is a big issue for him though. Will he last? Fargas in the 11th is a nice choice, I think. McFadden is all the rage, but people can't see past his potential and see that Fargas is still there to carry the ball (probably even start). Williams will get some carries, and even start, but can he stay healthy, and how much with Stewart steal from him?

Brown, Reggie PHI WR - 7 8.11

Burleson, Nate SEA WR - 4 6.11

Darling, Devard KCC WR - 6 14.11

Holt, Torry STL WR - 5 3.06

Reed, Josh BUF WR - 6 18.11

Walker, Javon OAK WR - 5 10.11

Grade: C+ (which could be downgraded to C)

Holt is solid, no matter who's throwing the ball in STL. But there are a lot of question marks with the rest. Will Walker produce in that crappy Oakland passing game? Will the retirement talk be a distraction? Of course Old Milwaukee didn't know at the time he picked Brown, but the hammy injury is a big concern. Burleson may be the best value out of this group though. With questions surround Deion Branch, and Engram out for awhile, Burleson will have all the chances he can get to succeed. Reed was a decent last round flyer.

King, Jeff CAR TE - 9 13.06

Miller, Zach OAK TE - 5 5.06

Eh, Miller has potential. King has a bit, too. Not a lot though...

Nedney, Joe SFO PK - 9 17.06

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK - 5 16.11

Grade: D-

I was sorely tempted to go F on this, but decided to be a little nice. Wilkins? *coughretirementcough* Nedney? He starts at least... but uhhh, SF's?! I guess he didn't have much of a choice at that point...

Browns, Cleveland CLE Def - 5 15.06

Redskins, Washington WAS Def - 10 12.11

Both defenses are just not quite in the upper half of the league, yet. The Redskins took a lot of hits last year/offseason and didn't do much to fill those gaps.

Just Win Baby

Broncos, Denver DEN TMQB - 8 6.09

Seahawks, Seattle SEA TMQB - 4 4.09

The Seahawks have taken several blows already. Will Hasselbeck have anyone to throw to?! Cutler took a blow too in losing Walker and losing Marshall for two, maybe three games. But both have playoff potential...

Jackson, Fred BUF RB - 6 18.09

Jones, Felix DAL RB - 10 8.09

Morris, Sammy NEP RB - 4 16.09

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 4 7.08

Grade: D+

Wow. This hurts bad. No real starters here at all. Kevin Smith is the closest, but even then he'll split time. Jones will take some carries away from Barber, but I would expect nothing more than maybe 70/30 Barber/Jones this year. Morris? Jackson? Ick...

Gage, Justin TEN WR - 6 10.09

Hackett, D.J. CAR WR - 9 11.08

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR - 7 14.09

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 8 2.09

Moss, Randy NEP WR - 4 1.08

Can't argue with a Moss/Johnson combo. Solid (assuming Johnson stays healthy). The rest? Eh, they were all picked up in later rounds to try and fill out the roster. Hackett has some potential in Carolina. Gage? Eh, not a real pass-friendly offense. Jenkins? Losing ground to Laurent Robinson and QBs that are iffy.

Crumpler, Alge TEN TE - 6 5.08

Heap, Todd BAL TE - 10 3.08

Smith, Alex TBB TE - 10 17.08

Heap and Crumpler have a lot of potential to produce. But both are injury risks. If one, or both can stay healthy, I can see them being a top 5 TE this year, which is great in this type of league scoring. Alex Smith? Bleh..

Kaeding, Nate SDC PK - 9 13.08

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK - 4 12.09

Can't argue with this.. both are playoff-bound too..

Broncos, Denver DEN Def - 8 15.08

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def - 8 9.08

Vikings are strong against the run. Broncos are strong against the pass. Can you combine the two to make one really good defense?

Overall Grade: B+

==================================================================

And there ya have it! Just my thoughts...

And now my hands officially hurt.. :lmao:

14.14 Brian Leonard- Before Jackson's holdout, he started whining his groin was bugging him again. Hold outs always worry me that they'll stay healthy when thrown back into the mix. I think he's a pretty good type guess of which backup RB will see starting time in 08 type player.
IMO going RB at flex is not good strategy, since generally speaking RB is the lowest scoring position. Also, locking in your flex so early prevents you from taking advantage of value that emerges late. As an example, I was able to get Alex Smith at TE for my flex in the 17th round, and there is a reasonable chance he will score 100+ points. Leonard will be lucky to get half of that, unless Jackson misses time.
Oh cmon now Alex Smith? The TE who gets about 300 yards and 2 TDs each year? The one that'll lose his catches to Ben Troupe if he ever gets his foot healed up? That one?At least Leonard had roughly 500 yards as a rook.
Well, I wish I didn't respond to your assessment now, as it seems like you are getting defensive.Alex Smith had 135.1 points in this format last year, compared to 48.6 for Leonard. Yes, Troupe could potentially cut into Smith's numbers... but as of right now, Smith is starting and Leonard isn't. FBG projects Smith for 30/327/3 this season, which equates to 110.7 points in this format. Your comments on Smith's numbers make me wonder if you understand the scoring system.Meanwhile, FBG projects Leonard with 318 total yards and 1 TD... which is 37.8 points. Now, you may disagree strongly with their projections, which is fine. But there is a chance I could get twice as many or possibly even three times as many points at flex than you will, despite filling my flex position 3 rounds later. :shrug:Anyway, I could be completely wrong, and you could be right, and you could go on to win the league. Good luck.
What's with the flex in a total points league anyway? There's 18 starters, no flex
Yes, there are 18 starters, but one of them was a flex, in the sense that it could be a RB, WR, or TE. I don't understand your point here... do you normally play in leagues that use flex players that don't start? Or are you questioning why the league would use a flex spot in the starting lineup?

As I mentioned in this thread, I think Smith, ADP, and Carson could have explosive weeks. If this were redraft, I'd figure those 3 would make me the high scorer a few weeks. It's not so I'm just banking on stockpiling points to overcome their "off" weeks.
I remain confused by some of your comments. Off weeks and high scoring weeks are irrelevant. All that matters is how many total points your team has after 21 weeks.
you're trying to bring up an old debate that's not there.I typed "off" weeks, you reply with off weeks insinuating a bye. I stated "if it were redraft" and "It's not" but you're still running with the previous stuff where you proved me wrong.You reply it's total points I mention stockpiling pointsyou're trying to make something of nothing here
Perhaps it is just semantics. My comment on off weeks did not insinuate a bye. My point remains that it does not matter what any week's point total is, it only matters what the total is after 21 weeks. So off weeks meaning bye weeks or off weeks meaning poor performing weeks don't matter. What matters is the season ending total. If you are saying the same thing, great.

:shrug:

Version 9.0g, the About window says Projections as of 8/14, but I have been updating them daily, including today.
thanks, was wondering how many points i lost with Engram's injury.
Not sure, there is no way I know of to look at history once projections are updated. However, I think I recall that Engram was ranked around WR23 or so, right? That is now Coles, projected at 206.3 points in this format. Engram is now projected at WR65 and 108.6 points. So you probably lost 100 points or so based on FBG projections.

Oh cmon now Alex Smith? The TE who gets about 300 yards and 2 TDs each year? The one that'll lose his catches to Ben Troupe if he ever gets his foot healed up? That one?At least Leonard had roughly 500 yards as a rook.What's with the flex in a total points league anyway? There's 18 starters, no flex
Well, I wish I didn't respond to your assessment now, as it seems like you are getting defensive.Alex Smith had 135.1 points in this format last year, compared to 48.6 for Leonard. Yes, Troupe could potentially cut into Smith's numbers... but as of right now, Smith is starting and Leonard isn't. FBG projects Smith for 30/327/3 this season, which equates to 110.7 points in this format. Your comments on this make me wonder if you understand the scoring system.
What's with the flex in a total points league anyway? There's 18 starters, no flex
Yes, there are 18 starters, but one of them was a flex, in the sense that it could be a RB, WR, or TE. I don't understand your point here... do you normally play in leagues that use flex players that don't start? Or are you questioning why the league would use a flex spot in the starting lineup?
:bag: :shrug:

Alex Smith had 135.1 points in this format last year, compared to 48.6 for Leonard. Yes, Troupe could potentially cut into Smith's numbers... but as of right now, Smith is starting and Leonard isn't. FBG projects Smith for 30/327/3 this season, which equates to 110.7 points in this format. Your comments on Smith's numbers make me wonder if you understand the scoring system.Meanwhile, FBG projects Leonard with 318 total yards and 1 TD... which is 37.8 points. Now, you may disagree strongly with their projections, which is fine. But there is a chance I could get twice as many or possibly even three times as many points at flex than you will, despite filling my flex position 3 rounds later. :excited:
FBG projects Leonard to do squat because they seem to expect Jackson to play all 16 games. I don't.Oh and Leonard IS starting as of right now.

Sorry man, but I really don't much care for the Alex Smith pick at all. I wouldn't have even considerred him an option if this league went 25 rounds deep.We can revisit Leonard vs Smith later on if you'd like. I don't see how we'll gain any more ground continuing to debate this

ounted for.3. We use team QBs, so I added 4 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs projected to score any points. So all teams have 4-6 individual QBs. This seems to be the only way to represent team QBs in DD.
I changed the stats for the nominal starting QB for each team to be equivalent to the FBG team projections. (Had to do this by hand).

Sorry man, but I really don't much care for the Alex Smith pick at all. I wouldn't have even considerred him an option if this league went 25 rounds deep.We can revisit Leonard vs Smith later on if you'd like. I don't see how we'll gain any more ground continuing to debate this
So you wouldn't consider Smith an option if the league went 25 rounds, yet you drafted Michael Gaines as one of your mandatory TEs... LOL.You made fun of Smith saying he gets only 300 yards and 2 TDs per year... whereas Gaines has never had more than 215 yards or 2 TDs in a season in his career. Your own description of Gaines was:
Here's a guy that if you didn't watch closely in Buffalo you didn't see. He played that little and they threw to the TE that little
I can see why you would think we should stop discussing this. :unsure:

3. We use team QBs, so I added 4 rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs projected to score any points. So all teams have 4-6 individual QBs. This seems to be the only way to represent team QBs in DD.
I changed the stats for the nominal starting QB for each team to be equivalent to the FBG team projections. (Had to do this by hand).
I thought of that, but the problem with that is it would prevent me from getting updates without more manual work. Of course, at this point, there shouldn't be much substantial change, unless someone goes down with a serious injury.

So overall, I would not have guesses he would have been a Top 2 contender in my book . . . but I guess the DD things he is.
I have six legit NFL starting WRs, including three with top-10 potential, two solid RBs, another who could be a starter and a fourth who is among the best backups in the league. In a 16-team league, that shouldn't be possible to get. Of course, by my own projections I did even better.

Here's my notes from my own draft. I probably won't have time to do write-ups on other teams, unfortunately.

1.11 Tony Gonzalez, TE KC

My boy! I love having Tony on my team; he's solid, reliable, and fun to watch. His Sweet 16 team is still my favorite Cal basketball team; he totally manhandled Tim Thomas at both ends of the court. He's reached the point of his football career where fantasy players have started to discount and underestimate him in favor of flashy newcomers like Witten. Well, last year in this format Gonzalez was the #3 non-QB in overall scoring, and his situation is virtually unchanged this year. He'll catch a ton of balls and rack up good yardage, and have some TD opportunities as well. I have him projected at 80/950/6, which is relatively conservative and a significant drop from last year; that still puts him at #6 overall on my board, so I'm doubly glad to get him with pick 11. Reggie Wayne was my second choice, with Addai (the top RB) not really worth considering in this scoring.

2.06 Chad Johnson, WR CIN

I had a tier of WRs here ranked above a tier of RBs. But none of the WRs were guys I was totally comfortable with. Andre Johnson--injury, Houston, and he's never really performed up to people's expectations of him. Chad/Housh--who will be favored? Holt--will STL be any better? Burress--I've never really liked him. The tier of RBs was Lynch/LJ/Portis, all projected to score 30-50 points less than the WR tier. I originally started with Chad Johnson just ahead of Lynch in my draft list, but on reflection I couldn't really justify taking one of the RBs with all those WR points sitting on the board. Anyway, nittanylion didn't take Chad, so I got my somewhat reluctant first choice.

3.11 Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

The league is getting smarter; there's a lot less competition for mediocre RBs. At this point last year, RBs had been picked clean and there were a ton of great WRs and TEs on the board; now there are some decent RB prospects and some iffy receivers. (I can't believe Dodds has Calvin Johnson projected as the highest scorer of the remaining bunch--even higher than Roy Williams). DVBD has pretty much equalized across WR, RB and QB. I didn't seriously consider either of the Detroit WRs or Owen Daniels (top TE, similar DVBD); I gave some consideration to PHI QB, who I have projected significantly higher than Dodds. But in the end it looked like time to get an anchor RB. Lewis is unexciting but is an undisputed starter who'll get a bunch of carries; he should be a solid producer.

4.06 Roy Williams, WR DET

Detroit may suck, but I still see Roy as the #1 WR there, and he should be a bargain as the #18 WR overall. Talent plus opportunity should make it easy for him to meet that expectation, and there are real possibilities for a top-10 finish if he stays healthy. Kitna is not a bad QB. Other possibilities were Dwayne Bowe (I'm not convinced, plus I don't want to double up on KC players) and Edgerrin James, who is more or less equivalent in VBD/DVBD to Williams. I haven't seen any sign that Arizona's run blocking will be any better, so I'll stick with the WR here. There should be other RB possibilities later; I'll be hoping to target Willie Parker or Selvin Young with my next pick.

5.11 Ronnie Brown, RB MIA

Incredibly, we're over 70 picks into the draft and only 20 RBs have been selected. Some drafts hit this point by the 24th pick. There are a few decent WR prospects like Driver, Coles (taken the pick before me), Roddy White, or Chambers, but none of them really shouts to me as an obvious choice. The focus on QBs, WRs and TEs has left a number of pretty solid RB prospects on the board, and it's just a question of whose story you believe. In terms of stats, I have Ronnie Brown at the top of my board by VBD and DVBD; the question, of course, is his knee, which is why he's lasted so long. But at pick 75 he has to represent value, with tremendous upside. (His ADP is pick #26!) My other favorites here were Driver (who I might get a shot at with my next pick) Willie Parker, Selvin Young, and Michael Turner. I expect that we're about to see an RB run, so I think all the backs will be gone by my next pick.

6.06 Donald Driver, WR GB

Boy, I was right with that RB run prediction; 5 RBs in a row after my pick. Rudi Johnson at 6.03 was the last of the solid RB starters; the value remaining is much more marginal. The run left a lot more value at WR, with a bunch of good WRs in passing offenses still on the board. My favorite here is Driver, who I think is being overlooked this year; I have him projected fairly modestly, 80/1000/5, and he's still been sitting near the top of my board for two rounds now. The one game Rodgers started last year, Driver got 10 targets and was 7/66, so there's no reason to expect that Rodgers will favor the other receivers. In other news, defenses are starting to creep onto the DVBD list; I pretty much ignore defensive stat predictions, so I won't be taking one soon, but I expect we'll see the first one go before the end of round 7. I'm hoping that people concentrate on RBs for a little longer to start to bring QB value back up. Vince Young and Aaron Rodgers are the top two QBs on my board, and they might last for a bit; I'll see where the board is at 7.11, but I expect it'll be 8.06 before I seriously consider a QB.

7.11 Julius Jones, RB SEA

It's probably a good sign that I started a run two rounds in a row; this time it was WRs flying off the board after I chose Driver. The run has beaten WR value down, so as it approaches my pick, the positions are closer to equivalent, with a tier of RBs I have projected within a point of each other leading the pack (Forte, Fred Taylor, Kevin Smith, Julius Jones). I'll always choose a clear starter over a questionable situation, so of this pack I would have preferred Smith, but Forte and Smith went a few picks before me. I don't like Taylor's age or his situation, so I went with Julius Jones, whose situation also sucks, but includes some real upside possibilities. If he gets 200+ carries, he'll be good value here. I also considered Vince Young, who's still out there, but the value isn't there yet. Of the five people selecting before my next pick, two already have 2 QBs and three have one QB already; I'm hoping someone starts a D run and Young hangs around. On the WR side, I considered Reggie Brown, who is near the end of a tier, but with Kevin Curtis in Philly, as well as Desean Jackson pressuring him, he wasn't worth a stretch.

8.06 Ten TMQB (Vince Young) QB TEN

With the draft going very slowly at the turn, I had a lot of time to second-guess my last pick. The only guy I had on my pre-draft list for 8.06 was Vince Young; I have him as the #13 QB overall, and there 20 QBs off the board. My logic in passing on him at 7.11 was that I didn't think the guys at the turn were likely to take him, but I did some sweating waiting for it to come back around. radballs had me worried, but he went TE/RB, and once Biabreakable chose Kitna/DET instead I knew I was fine; Hook had too much need in other areas to take another QB. So I wound up with my guy, who I think people are underrating. His fantasy stats weren't great last year, but most of his NFL stats headed in the right direction, with the exception of TDs. I think the TDs will come; if he winds up with 20+ combined TDs he'll be a huge bargain at this spot. I'll probably hang back on QB for a while now and maybe target KC later. My other option here was Reggie Brown, but I still don't like his situation. It does look like WRs are boiling up to be the best values, so I'm guessing I'll be taking someone like Ted Ginn, Vincent Jackson, Mark Clayton, or Reggie Williams with my next pick.

9.11 Ted Ginn WR MIA

Ginn was actually my favorite of the WRs in this tier, so I'm glad to get him. Miami's passing offense will suck, but it seems obvious that Ginn will be the #1 WR there, and he showed some flashes of talent last year. If he catches 70 balls this will be a big win here. Overall, the pickings are getting pretty slim; I must have been hallucinating, because I thought I just saw someone draft Ricky Williams. Before long it might be time to actually take a defense or something like that. I'm starting to worry about QB; I'm a bit surprised that KC went already. Of what's left, I'm probably comfortable with either Baltimore or Oakland, and one of those is likely to be left to the end, so I might just sit on QB at this point. Depends on whether people grab one of those two soon. It's pretty dang early to be running out of QBs.

10.06 Jerious Norwood RB ATL

We're running out of interesting positional players; at this pick I had only Norwood and a kicker in my pre-draft list. (Defenses are insufficiently differentiated--I can wait). I'd also considered Ray Rice, but that's really an ambulance-chasing pick (and he didn't exactly light it up in his first preseason game). Norwood won't be a starter unless Turner gets injured, but he had almost 900 total yards last year as a spot player, and his 1 TD was an anomaly. He should get 100 carries and another 30 receptions, which should equate to at least 800 yards. He's the top of the list of backup RBs with scoring potential. The top non-RB prospect was Ernest Wilford, who I don't want to double up with Ginn. We're nearly out of legit NFL starting WRs. There's a long way to go until my next pick; I expect I'll wind up with a defense or kicker unless there's QB pressure--at QB, the two I want to avoid are Atlanta and Miami. At TE I'll probably target Leonard Pope a few rounds later, but at this level they're all pretty much identical.

11.11 Nick Folk K DAL

The QB situation is in equilibrium; there are two left who I'd be OK with (MIA and BAL), and two who I really want to avoid (CHI and ATL). There's only one guy picking between my next two picks, so there's no reason for me to take a QB now. The TEs are all equivalent. I've already got four RBs so no sense chasing crap value at RB46+. That leaves prospect WRs, D and K. My favorite WR down here is James Jones, but I don't want to double up with Driver. I also like Justin McCareins, who I would like to double up with Young, but I can get him late. There's nothing compelling there, so I'm looking at K and D. Nick Folk is at the top of my K board; the playoff prospects of Ks and Ds matter more than other positions, because you know they'll play even in week 16/17. Dallas should be a playoff team scoring a lot of points, and Folk kicked well. My top D is the Raiduhs, led by my man Nnamdi Asomugha, but I think I can get the Raiders later, and they're not a playoff team, I really don't see a lot of other interesting things to choose from.

12.06 Drew Bennett WR STL

Not much has changed since my last pick, except James Jones went off the list. I'm glad to still have a solid starting WR at this point. St. Louis isn't what it once was, but Bulger is a good QB and Bennett has the potential for some big games. He has to be value at WR63. I also considered Nate Kaeding, who actually topped my DVBD list, but Bennett is differentiated more from the WRs remaining than Kaeding is from the Ks remaining. Oakland D is at the tops of my D list, but they should still be there in a round or two. It's unlikely that both Anarchy and joffer will take QBs this round, so I should be safe passing on QB.

13.11 Deion Branch WR SEA

Defenses started flying off the board, so I was sweating waiting for my pick; I have Oakland as the last remaining defense in its tier, with a sizeable dropoff to the next tier. Unfortunately they got taken two picks before me, so I was stuck for a pick; I don't see much difference between the Ds available, and for K I'd rather wait a round or two for Longwell anyway. I started looking at the available players and realized that Branch was still out there. In this format, I like shooting for a guy like Branch way down here; he may be ready for game 1, and even if not, should be significantly productive when he comes back, especially with Engram out. To have even an outside possibility of 1000 yards down here at WR70 should be pretty good value. That fills my flex; I just need a TE now.

14.06 Vishante Shiancoe TE MIN

I was annoyed to see Leonard Pope go; I would have considered him here. And then I was positively peeved to see Longwell go; I always want Longwell on my team as a token Golden Bear, but there was no way I was ready to take him as the #6 kicker off the board, not with that crappy offense. With Pope gone, I started to look at the rest of the TEs, and saw that Shiancoe was probably the best positioned of them (with the possible exception of Alex Smith, but he's from Stanford.) Ds are undifferentiated, there are a ton of kickers, and my QBs are still on the board, so I went with the TE. It's definitely looking like I'll be taking a D in the last round, maybe the last two rounds depending on what happens with QBs.

15.11 Mike Nugent K NYJ

A bunch of kickers flew off the boards this round. Kickers at this level are not very interesting, but the important thing is that you get a kicker who is going to have the job all year. It doesn't matter whether he scores 90 or 100 points, just that he doesn't score zero. So I like taking my second kicker before I'm choosing between questionable situations, like Grammatica in NO or Tynes in NY. Nugent is a solid kicker on an offense that should be better this year.

16.06 Miami TMQB (Pennington) QB MIA

In a 16-team total points league, when choosing between otherwise equivalent players, choose the one with the highest variance. I already have Ginn, so this pick increases my variance. Pennington is a lot better than anything this team had at QB last year, so I'm optimistic that they'll both be successful relative to their draft positions. All the defenses left are crap, so I figured I might as well leave them for my last two picks; I don't think Pennington would have lasted to 17.11. I think that Baltimore would score more if Boller were to start all year, but I have a feeling they're going to pull Boller for one of the younger guys, who is likely to suck.

17.11 Cincinatti D DEF CIN

It's a defense. It has a token Cal player (Deltha O'Neal) and they'll get some turnovers.

18.06 Atlanta D DEF ATL

It's a defense. It will likely suck, but what do you want in the 18th round?

Overall:

I'm very pleased with how the draft went, except that I didn't wind up with enough Cal alums. I wound up with six WRs who are all legit NFL starters, along with two legit starting RBs and a third #1a in Julius Jones (or maybe #1b; his stock went down while the draft was going on). Gonzalez will score a bunch. My Ks are pretty good, and my QBs and Ds shouldn't be that much worse than the average in terms of scoring. There were a couple times during the draft when I thought I was really in control, calling the runs and making the right picks. There were also a few times when I had players I wanted snaked from me at unexpected times. Overall I'm pretty satisfied and I think I should be competitive all year.

So you wouldn't consider Smith an option if the league went 25 rounds, yet you drafted Michael Gaines as one of your mandatory TEs... LOL.You made fun of Smith saying he gets only 300 yards and 2 TDs per year... whereas Gaines has never had more than 215 yards or 2 TDs in a season in his career. Your own description of Gaines was:

Here's a guy that if you didn't watch closely in Buffalo you didn't see. He played that little and they threw to the TE that little
I can see why you would think we should stop discussing this. ;)
that's right and Anthony Fasano's high season is even less than Gaines at 143.Like I mentioned earlier, we'll revisit this later. You just save some of that beer your drinking tonight to wash down the crow in January.

that's right and Anthony Fasano's high season is even less than Gaines at 143.Like I mentioned earlier, we'll revisit this later. You just save some of that beer your drinking tonight to wash down the crow in January.
:bag: ;)

:lmao: :thumbup: :banned:

I have six legit NFL starting WRs, including three with top-10 potential, two solid RBs, another who could be a starter and a fourth who is among the best backups in the league. In a 16-team league, that shouldn't be possible to get. Of course, by my own projections I did even better.
Comparing our receivers, other than Johnson your squad mostly disappointed lat year. I realize last year's stats don't mean anything heading forward, but I would not give you an advantage there no matter what the DD may say . . .Welker, Wes 2 Burress, Plaxico 8Chambers, Chris 17Jackson, Vincent 32Patten, David 46Johnson, Bryant 70Johnson, Chad 9 Williams, Roy 34Driver, Donald 52 Branch, Deion 53Bennett, Drew 75Ginn Jr., Ted 76

David Yudkin said:
Comparing our receivers, other than Johnson your squad mostly disappointed lat year. I realize last year's stats don't mean anything heading forward, but I would not give you an advantage there no matter what the DD may say . . .Welker, Wes 2 Burress, Plaxico 8Chambers, Chris 17Jackson, Vincent 32Patten, David 46Johnson, Bryant 70Johnson, Chad 9 Williams, Roy 34Driver, Donald 52 Branch, Deion 53Bennett, Drew 75Ginn Jr., Ted 76
Driver and Branch were hurt, and Ginn was a rookie. You've got three guys (Jackson, Patten, and Johnson) who are at best the #3 receiving option on their team. Do you really think Welker will be top 10 again?Anyway, my DD has you at 1001 points and me at 1008 points, and that's not including playoff stats, so we can call it a draw. Until we look at your RBs relative to mine.

David Yudkin said:
Driver and Branch were hurt, and Ginn was a rookie. You've got three guys (Jackson, Patten, and Johnson) who are at best the #3 receiving option on their team. Do you really think Welker will be top 10 again?Anyway, my DD has you at 1001 points and me at 1008 points, and that's not including playoff stats, so we can call it a draw. Until we look at your RBs relative to mine.
And once the games are for real all those projections won't mean much at all. I love this time of year. Week 3 pre-season coming up where all of us are going to be wondering why our guys are not getting the looks we thought they should or being used in the role we thought they had.If the DD had me ranked high I would be worried too Anarchy. Because that means you didn't cut far enough away from the herd.

David Yudkin said:
And once the games are for real all those projections won't mean much at all. I love this time of year. Week 3 pre-season coming up where all of us are going to be wondering why our guys are not getting the looks we thought they should or being used in the role we thought they had.If the DD had me ranked high I would be worried too Anarchy. Because that means you didn't cut far enough away from the herd.
Two years ago, in League 3, DD did a reasonable job of predicting... with final projections, it predicted 7 of the top 8 teams correctly (not in the correct order, but the right teams) and correctly predicted the league winner. Last year, in League 3, DD predicted 6 of the top 8 teams (again, not in the correct order, but the right teams).As I said before, no doubt injuries will be a major factor, and the DD projections will obviously be off in many cases. Its predictive usefulness is at a high level (e.g., top half vs. bottom half). Bottom line is that if it predicts a team to be in the bottom half, that team probably has only a slim chance to win the league.

David Yudkin said:
Two years ago, in League 3, DD did a reasonable job of predicting... with final projections, it predicted 7 of the top 8 teams correctly (not in the correct order, but the right teams) and correctly predicted the league winner. Last year, in League 3, DD predicted 6 of the top 8 teams (again, not in the correct order, but the right teams).As I said before, no doubt injuries will be a major factor, and the DD projections will obviously be off in many cases. Its predictive usefulness is at a high level (e.g., top half vs. bottom half). Bottom line is that if it predicts a team to be in the bottom half, that team probably has only a slim chance to win the league.
Glad your able to draw such conclushions based off of 2 whole samples!!! :thumbsup:BTW this is league 2

Biabreakable said:
There It Is

4.16 Giants QB - Eli is average at best and he lost Shockey but the Giants could be a playoff team.

5.01 Houston QB - Poor running team helps. Possible playoff team.

I give these Qbs a C+ just because they both have playoff chances. He used 4th and 5th round picks to get these average to slightly above average Qbs..not great value imo.
You were a bit harsher than I was, but I do have to agree that these are kinda average QBs. I think at this point in the draft though, TII was forced to take them, or be stuck later with like the Oakland TMQB and SF 49er TMQB. :rolleyes:
1.01 LT - Best there is.

11.01 Duece McAllister - If healthy could get some good points.

16.16 Jacob Hester - Not a fan of handcuffs in this format.

18.16 Steve Slaton - Has a chance but this isn’t dynasty.

Pretty crappy group of Rbs after LT. Dmac as a RB 2 is terrible. TII going to bleed points here. I give the group a C+ just because of LT. Maybe Slaton can do something.
Pretty much the same thing I said. I gave him a higher grade simply because LT is there. If he breaks down this season, TII is toast with the remaining backs...
6.16 Derrick Mason - old WR crappy Oline and Qbs. No McNair tunnel vision on him this year.

7.01 Patrick Crayton - WR2 and target 3A or 3B for Romo. Inconsistent hands and routes.

8.16 Jerry Porter - Not healthy. Running team will limit his targets.

13.01 Brandon Stokely - White lightning has injury issues but could thrive due to lack of other options.

17.01 Brad Smith - WR3 Favre will throw to anyone so this gives him a chance to score a couple points.

Wow no star power here. Mason was great last season but without McNair I don't see him getting so many looks. If Porter can string together a career year this group could tread water. Otherwise I see this group being below average. C-
Ditto
2.16 Chris Cooley - solid TE but picking TE here hurts TII through this whole draft imho.

3.01 Dallas Clark - did really well last year with Marvin being out. Clark is a injury risk though.

10.16 John Carlson - Rookie TE rarely do much. Seattle has WR issues that could help his targets.

A lot was invested in these players. All were drafted before TII took a 2nd RB. Cooley is a solid investment but Clark is a risk and I think he could have been better off taking a player of another position. That being said without looking there should be some teams with worse TE than these. B
Gotta disagree here. There's a LOT of points to be had here. Clark put up 243 points last year in a 2 PPR for TE league. That's huge. Cooley was 258. Sure, he invested high picks to nab these two, but in a 16 team league, you have to break the mold at some point, or be mired in the middle the whole season. Sure, he could have taken stars like MJD (under 200 points scored in this format last year), Jamal Lewis (about 220 total), or Plaxico (about 244 last year). I think he got great value with those two TEs. They weren't the "sexy" picks like the previously mentioned players would have been, but Clark and Cooley will be consistent and put up a lot of points...

Biabreakable said:
There It Is

4.16 Giants QB - Eli is average at best and he lost Shockey but the Giants could be a playoff team.

5.01 Houston QB - Poor running team helps. Possible playoff team.

I give these Qbs a C+ just because they both have playoff chances. He used 4th and 5th round picks to get these average to slightly above average Qbs..not great value imo.
You were a bit harsher than I was, but I do have to agree that these are kinda average QBs. I think at this point in the draft though, TII was forced to take them, or be stuck later with like the Oakland TMQB and SF 49er TMQB. :shrug:
1.01 LT - Best there is.

11.01 Duece McAllister - If healthy could get some good points.

16.16 Jacob Hester - Not a fan of handcuffs in this format.

18.16 Steve Slaton - Has a chance but this isn’t dynasty.

Pretty crappy group of Rbs after LT. Dmac as a RB 2 is terrible. TII going to bleed points here. I give the group a C+ just because of LT. Maybe Slaton can do something.
Pretty much the same thing I said. I gave him a higher grade simply because LT is there. If he breaks down this season, TII is toast with the remaining backs...
6.16 Derrick Mason - old WR crappy Oline and Qbs. No McNair tunnel vision on him this year.

7.01 Patrick Crayton - WR2 and target 3A or 3B for Romo. Inconsistent hands and routes.

8.16 Jerry Porter - Not healthy. Running team will limit his targets.

13.01 Brandon Stokely - White lightning has injury issues but could thrive due to lack of other options.

17.01 Brad Smith - WR3 Favre will throw to anyone so this gives him a chance to score a couple points.

Wow no star power here. Mason was great last season but without McNair I don't see him getting so many looks. If Porter can string together a career year this group could tread water. Otherwise I see this group being below average. C-
Ditto
2.16 Chris Cooley - solid TE but picking TE here hurts TII through this whole draft imho.

3.01 Dallas Clark - did really well last year with Marvin being out. Clark is a injury risk though.

10.16 John Carlson - Rookie TE rarely do much. Seattle has WR issues that could help his targets.

A lot was invested in these players. All were drafted before TII took a 2nd RB. Cooley is a solid investment but Clark is a risk and I think he could have been better off taking a player of another position. That being said without looking there should be some teams with worse TE than these. B
Gotta disagree here. There's a LOT of points to be had here. Clark put up 243 points last year in a 2 PPR for TE league. That's huge. Cooley was 258. Sure, he invested high picks to nab these two, but in a 16 team league, you have to break the mold at some point, or be mired in the middle the whole season. Sure, he could have taken stars like MJD (under 200 points scored in this format last year), Jamal Lewis (about 220 total), or Plaxico (about 244 last year). I think he got great value with those two TEs. They weren't the "sexy" picks like the previously mentioned players would have been, but Clark and Cooley will be consistent and put up a lot of points...
I am trying to be negative on purpose to put a different slant on things while still being honest about it. Its challenging because I am normally such an optimist. I will try to get a few more teams written up later (I am still at work right now). Very impressive how you were able to write up all the teams so quickly!! It takes me a lot longer (about 20-30 minutes/team).

David Yudkin said:
Glad your able to draw such conclushions based off of 2 whole samples!!! :thumbsup:BTW this is league 2
Yes, this is League 2. I referenced League 3 since that is the league I was in the past 2 seasons. And, yes, 2 samples isn't much. I stand by my statement that it is good for high level predictive value, with the main caveat being that much will be determined by injuries. We'll see.

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Overall Grade: B- (He has a lot of potential playoff-bound players, so this could be bumped up to a B if things work out)

CalBear

Overall Grade: C+ (which could be a B- if certain players step it up and prove me wrong).

Biabreakable

Bri - Brian Moore

Sinrman said:
Jiggyonthehut

Fiddles

radballs

Captain Hook

Sinrman said:
Duckboy

nittanylion

There It Is

Sinrman

Sinrman said:
Anarchy99

joffer

Old Milwaukee

Just Win Baby

And now my hands officially hurt.. ;)
Thanks for doing these Sinrman. These tightly clustered grades are indicative of the general high quality of drafting by the group. :bag:

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Overall Grade: B- (He has a lot of potential playoff-bound players, so this could be bumped up to a B if things work out)

CalBear

Overall Grade: C+ (which could be a B- if certain players step it up and prove me wrong).

Biabreakable

Bri - Brian Moore

Sinrman said:
Jiggyonthehut

Fiddles

radballs

Captain Hook

Sinrman said:
Duckboy

nittanylion

There It Is

Sinrman

Sinrman said:
Anarchy99

joffer

Old Milwaukee

Just Win Baby

And now my hands officially hurt.. :lmao:
Thanks for doing these Sinrman. These tightly clustered grades are indicative of the general high quality of drafting by the group. :thumbdown:
No problem. I enjoy it... just a lot of work.. What's interesting to me, after doing all these, is that I think my team may be the worst one out of the group. And if it's not, it's pretty blah and won't do too well. :lmao:

There are things the DD projections can identify, and things they can't. DD can't identify which players will significantly outperform their projections; player evaluation is a big part of what wins in fantasy football, so it may be that one of our owners is better at predicting which players those will be, and therefore will not be predicted by DD to do well, since his players are projected lower than they will end up scoring.But DD does a reasonable job at identifying strategic mistakes. It identifies guys who are taking third-tier RBs projected to score 150 points over WRs or TEs projected to score 200 points. Because this is a very unusual league format, there have been numerous teams which basically put themselves out of the running by poor strategic decisions. I think this league did a much better job this year of balancing value, but I think there were still some significant inefficiencies; mostly over-weighting QBs and also TEs to an extent.

Added Bri's team to the write ups. Took me too long as I kept getting distracted. I will keep moving down the list and maybe I can finish before the season starts.

In case you don't feel like scrolling back..

Bri

2.14 Bengals QB - Bengals Oline has improved and corrected itself (main problem for the offense last year imo), they also added quality targets to diversify the passing game. I think Perry or Watson will be more involved and all of these things help Palmer. The defense of the Bengals is going to be terrible and that will keep the passing game going full tilt every week. Chad is a loose cannon and that could get ugly as the losses mount. Still most things are aligned for this position to score an awful lot of points. That being said I think this pick was still a bit too high.

7.03 Packers QB - While the Slack have some great weapons to work with we are about to see how good they really are because Favre has made a lot of nobodies look like stars. Remember Schroeder? Rodgers just has that deer in the headlights look in his eyes. And the ghost of Favre will be on his shoulder all year. I could see this going a lot worse than people might think. Greise seemed like a up and coming star replacing Elway for a short time.. But that didn’t work out too well for him.

I think most are higher on the Packers than I am this year. My concerns have more to do with the uncertainty of them losing Favre and all the intangibles that entails. Maybe I am wrong and they will still be successful at least for FF purposes. I like Palmer a lot even though I think the pick was high I could see him justifying it. High investment with some risk to live up to the billing but I can see this pair being one of the better ones in the league. Grade B.

1.03 Adrian Peterson - Just sick talent here and supporting cast to keep him busy. I could see him having a record setting season as long as he stays healthy. One of the few RB that could outscore LT.

4.14 RUN/DMC - Based on what we have seen so far this guy is for real. He may have opportunity managed a bit as I expect the Raiders to get what they can out of Fargas while he is healthy but I still see McFadden putting up a lot of points. Raiders are going to be a running team this year and McFadden is a good passer who might add a TD or 2 that way. They took him off kick return duty already which is telling of how much they intend to use him this year. Good value pick this late.

6.14 Chris Johnson - Perhaps the fastest player in the league. He seems to have more to his skill set than just speed also. Although he will share with White and may not get the goal line looks I still see him putting up a lot of points. Tremendous value for the 6th round. Probably the best weapon the Titans have on offense.

12.14 Kevin Jones - He got CUT by Detroit. Do I really need to say more? The Bears are going to be possibly the worst offense we have seen since Art Shell coached the Raiders with an OC who ran a bed and breakfast. Anything Jones contributes will be more than one should expect from him.

14.14 Brian Leonard - This guy is ok but nothing special. His value is completely dependant on what happens with Steven Jackson. Could be a nice value if Jackson misses a lot of time.

Although many of the players are questionable right now I really like this group of Rbs. I can see them being one of the best groups in the league. I think the value was there for them too being late even round picks. Kevin Jones is the only real loser pick from the group. Grade B+

3.03 Steve Smith - One of the best Wrs in the game no doubt. He will miss 2 games for sure though and he has had injury issues before. At least Qb situation is looking better.

5.03 Marvin Harrison - Supposedly healthy but that was the story last season also. He has caught some balls in preseason but yardage was minimal. I think even if he starts all year he will be used more as a decoy and will not be the Marvin we got used to. I am a big believer in taking risks to get the rewards in this format. I just don’t have any faith in Marvin returning to a level that would make him worth the risk.

13.03 Marty Booker - Never been that talented. Booker had a couple good years with the Bears before because of the huge amount of targets he got. Half of those being WR screen type plays. Grossman is not that kind of QB. I like Booker better if Orton is starting. But Booker has gotten too old to get the YAC that would cause him to get so many targets again. I’m not sure Booker will lead the Bears in receptions this year. This is a late pick so there is some upside that makes this pick worthwhile. I just don’t see it paying off much.

15.03 Shawn McDonald - Will the new offense even use much 3WR sets? I don’t see McDonald having much of a role in the new offense unless Roy Williams is injured.

18.14 Andre Davis - Not bad for this late of a pick as I see the Texans not having much of a running game and will likely have a lot of pass attempts. Davis gets a boost if Andre gets hurt again.

As much as I like Steve Smith these Wrs were good a few years ago but not so much now. Too many of these guys are WR3’s for my liking including Marvin imho. Grade C-

10.14 Anthony Fasano - Yes Parcells reached back to the organization he drafted Fasano for and got him again. I think it is mainly because of his blocking skills however. Serious longshot chance to catch more than 30 balls in 2008 imo.

17.03 Michael Gaines - I regularly play in leagues that roster over 600 players (including IDPs) but I don’t even know who this guy is. That’s probably not a very good sign. Worst part is this guy might be better than Fasano.

So with these picks I see Bri getting crushed at the TE position by at least 300pts compared with most teams. That’s a pretty deep hole to climb out of. Grade F

11.03 Stephen Gostowski - Perhaps the best bet for a kicker pick in this format. Pretty high pick to get him though.

16.14 Jason Elam - Good kicker. Dunno how many chances he will get from what looks to be a poor offensive team imo unless Ryan is a lot better than expected as a rookie. No playoffs here.

Elam was a nice value pick. Gost not so much even though he is probably the best bet at Kicker he was drafted much too high imo. Grade B+

8.14 Cowboys defense - solid and improving defense that just added a dynamic returner in Pacman Jones to make it even better. At least one playoff game likely.

9.03 Patriots defense - this defense while still strong up front will struggle to get off the field on 3rd downs because of its secondary. The playoff impact makes it a really good one still though.

This pairing is a popular superbowl pick and these defenses should be the best in the league. They better be for how high they were drafted. Grade A.

I like this team because it has so many stars. Palmer, AD, Steve Smith, RUN/DMC, Gost and both D’s. And I like the philosophy of high risk/reward for total points format. Unfortunately I think the choices don’t fit the scoring format well enough. If I am wrong and Marvin returns to his former self then this team will be a contender. But I don’t see that happening. And if it does I still see too much of a weakness at the TE position for this team to contend. I do expect it to be middle of the road though as long as it doesn’t pile up too many zero’s each week. Grade C+

Users who are viewing this thread