What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WARNING COMMISH RIPPING PEOPLE OFF! (1 Viewer)

I am also in this league and the people in the league are great people and we will have fun for years to come we have pretty even teams and should be a great year with some of the best fantasy football players out there come join!!!

We have a 12 team PPR redraft league at MFL where one of the owners, who as the commish, bailed. The team is VERY good after the first 13 rounds. Here is the roster-

Brees

Addai, MJD, Chris Johnson, K.Smith, Rhodes

Roy Williams, Harrison, Chambers, Branch, Porter

V.Davis, Scheffler

Dallas

Team still has 8 more draft picks. League is $100. Link is below. Because of the bad taste we have from the last owner, we would like to get someone that has good credibility here at FBG or can provide a few references. Thanks!!

http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2008...O=07&F=0003

We have a 12 team PPR redraft league at MFL where one of the owners, who as the commish, bailed. The team is VERY good after the first 13 rounds. Here is the roster-

Brees

Addai, MJD, Chris Johnson, K.Smith, Rhodes

Roy Williams, Harrison, Chambers, Branch, Porter

V.Davis, Scheffler

Dallas

Team still has 8 more draft picks. League is $100. Link is below. Because of the bad taste we have from the last owner, we would like to get someone that has good credibility here at FBG or can provide a few references. Thanks!!

http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2008...O=07&F=0003

New owner did not log in this morning, so we need to continue our draft. Still looking for a new owner!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. We have the league filled, but still waiting for the old commish to refund the money. If anyone knows brsmith72@yahoo.com, tell him 11 people are waiting to get our funds. :shrug:

brsmith72@yahoo.com
:thanks: He strikes again. I'm thankful I didn't join one of his leagues. I didn't for the simple fact he kept hounding me and hounding me for league payment on a league that didn't draft for 2 months.Good luck on getting your money back. From my run ins with him, I wouldn't count on it.

well we all got a notice from paypal saying that a refund was "pending" but I won't sleep well until its final. I have a bad feeling about it though. :thanks:

This happened to me once. We were taking him to court when he finally paid up. Every penny of it! In fact 12 years later we are still fine and dandy with me the commish!

It turned out to be some college student that just figured a way to make some quick dough! He found out fast wasn't going to be the case!

Thanks for the responses. We have the league filled, but still waiting for the old commish to refund the money. If anyone knows brsmith72@yahoo.com, tell him 11 people are waiting to get our funds. :wall:
Looks like we are out of our cash also. http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2008/...amp;tid=1479120

I'm really bummed, this is my first year in dynasty football.

Let me know if we can be of any help.

Chris
Do you have a phone number for him? Address? He won't return any emails from people in our league.

No idea what kind of background the guy had but I'll never join a league online unless it is a very proven setup. There are so many that are that there's no sense to take risks. Misfits, Zealots, Phenoms all run top notch leagues with reputable commishes that are from this board and have a long history of running leagues. I've never heard/seen of brsmith before this season and frankly he joined this board August 2nd, 2008 which makes me even more leery since he just joined the board and started hunting people to join leagues that he decided to start as soon as he came on board.

Zowned said:
No idea what kind of background the guy had but I'll never join a league online unless it is a very proven setup. There are so many that are that there's no sense to take risks. Misfits, Zealots, Phenoms all run top notch leagues with reputable commishes that are from this board and have a long history of running leagues. I've never heard/seen of brsmith before this season and frankly he joined this board August 2nd, 2008 which makes me even more leery since he just joined the board and started hunting people to join leagues that he decided to start as soon as he came on board.
Wow, that really sucks! I haven't played anywhere other than Phenoms for the last few years. I think Mike runs great leagues and always has checks out quick at the end of the season. I keep adding leagues...up to 7 this year. Totally trustworthy commish. If anyone is interested, there is one spot in Gamma 40. It's a $50 league and drafts on Sunday. Everyone else is paid up, so if you get your money in quick, Mike should have it set up pretty fast. Epsilon 40 also has a couple spots since a couple of owners haven't paid yet and ETA 10 has 3 spots. Good Luck with your leagues and I hope you guys get your money back.

Hope you guys catch this lowlife, even if you do get paypal to give your money back he messed up your 2008 FF season too.

I would never deal with a person having a Yahoo email with money involved (my opinion).

I notice also that he joined FBG's this year April 03, 2008 and sidelineleagues.com April 04,2008 (very new in both).

And I don't think he lives in Ca. or Va., both profiles state a CST time zone when he joined FBG's and sidelineleagues.com.

Good luck to you all.

Just got this email from him-

"Guys I need to come clean, I have spent everyone's money for this league, to pay for bills, all the leagues are paid in full. I have every intention on paying everyone back by the end of the season I was using this as a short term loan and got caught. I am sorry about this mess that I have caused, but I will be paying everyone back at the end of the season."

Yeah, by the end of this season, its more likely he'll be sitting in a jail for a felony fraud charge...

Just got this email from him-"Guys I need to come clean, I have spent everyone's money for this league, to pay for bills, all the leagues are paid in full. I have every intention on paying everyone back by the end of the season I was using this as a short term loan and got caught. I am sorry about this mess that I have caused, but I will be paying everyone back at the end of the season."Yeah, by the end of this season, its more likely he'll be sitting in a jail for a felony fraud charge...
I think he is watching this thread.

Hey owners from Hollywood Stars IDP, keep reading this thread, as we now have several people from our league who have filed chargers with their local police departments. Hopefully you guys are doing the same. Just by providing his IP Address (and providing a copy of your paypal payment to him), your local police departments can contact his ISP and will be able to obtain information that you won't be able to get if you contact them. This guy will have 30 days to pay back everything he stole from all these leagues or he will be facing felony internet fraud charges. Brian if you're reading this, go look it up, its not a pretty picture for you...

DO NOT start posting people's addresses here if you want to keep posting here.

Work this out amongst yourselves and get the police involved if you think you should but do not post personal information here on this public board.

J

dirtyhalos said:
not this brian smith.........just fyi
I'm pretty sure it's probably THIS Brian Smith. :popcorn:Edited to add: I am obviously joking here.

this sac of crap said he'd be sending money back he stole today...no money returned in our league. Anyone else?

Its bad Jazz, he's scammed like 3 or 4 leagues. He had multiple teams in some of these leagues, and then traded away good players for future picks so he could get 50% of future fees from some of the other owners.

Its bad Jazz, he's scammed like 3 or 4 leagues. He had multiple teams in some of these leagues, and then traded away good players for future picks so he could get 50% of future fees from some of the other owners.
:bag:

thanx for the good word, BZand sure hope this works out for those involved w/this dummy--these things never end nicely

ROCKET said:
2 words-league safe
And also don't ever be afraid to ask for commissioner references before joining one of their leagues. I've never seen so many people content with just sending away their buy-in $$$ in good faith. Get references...if they can't provide them, they're not worth running your leagues.

2 words-league safe
And also don't ever be afraid to ask for commissioner references before joining one of their leagues. I've never seen so many people content with just sending away their buy-in $$$ in good faith. Get references...if they can't provide them, they're not worth running your leagues.
Agreed. I feel terrible for those who got scammed and hope the best for them but you really have to be carefull sending anyone you don't know $$. It sucks but there are tons of a-holes out there who unlike the rest of us can sleep real well at night after hosing people out of their hard earned $$. Being a businessman you learn this lesson real early.

MisFits Commish, RavnFan, is by the far the best i have dealt with in the 8 years of Money FF I have played.Peace

nope, he isn't responding to emails. He stole thousands from his 3 or 4 leagues. This guy is gonna smoke a turd in hell.

But all his personal info has been released to people in the leagues.

Just like the AFFL, it's probably a good idea to wait before pursuing charges against him. I'm sure he'll come to his senses and contact everyone and pay everyone back, lol.

How much longer are you guys gonna wait? Did you give him a deadline to pay before you take legal action?

just bumping this. Season is over, and this POS never paid anyone a penny back. IF anyone knows or sees him, could please do your best Slayer or Metallica double bass drum roll on his beanbag? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread