What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official** Crazy Predication Thread (1 Viewer)

O'sullivan finnishes a top ten qb

Warner finnishes a top 5 qb

LT is not a top 20 back but due to knee

AP is not a top 20 back and it's not because of injury unlike LT

LJ is back in the top 5

Barber is not in top 5, maybe top 10!

Westy once again rules the PPR as top RB

Favre league MVP and leads Jets to Super Bowl

NE sucks and doesn;t make playoffs

nfc super bowl team will be a surprise!

OHIO STATE WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Chris Beanie Wells wins Heisman

I have lots more but I am still drafting and gave away too many of my tips as it is!
You had me until here. We all know that is not going to happen as long as there is an SEC with real teams. Maybe they should try D-1AA. Probably more their speed.

massraider said:
Arizona Cardinals: Edge keeps the job and vast majority of the carries, Hightower Hysteria is the source of much thread bumping next summer.Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan starts 16 games, the Falcons are very happy with his progress.Baltimore Ravens: I got nothing.Buffalo Bils: Posluzny goes to the Pro Bowl, and gets DMVP consideration. Carolina Panthers: Delhomme gets Comeback Player of the Year, and Steve Smith doesn't punch any more teammates.Chicago Bears: Rashied Davis emerges as a WR, and Devin Hester disappoints, both offensively, and on returns.Cincinnatti Bengals: The team does NOT implode. They score a lot of points, allow a lot of points, and Henry and Perry have nice seasons.Cleveland Browns: Derek Anderson starts all 16 games, and Brady Quinn starts making noise after the season.Dallas Cowboys: PacMan makes a few plays, but is overall not the shutdown corner fans were expecting.Denver Broncos: Cutler goes to the Pro Bowl, Ahmad Hall leads the team in rushing, Nate Jackson finishes the season as the starting TE, and fantasy owners finally get it together, and lynch Shanahan.Detroit Lions: Kevin Smith is a disappointment, and neither Calvin nor Roy top 10 TDs.Green Bay Packers: Aaron Rodgers is lost for the year with an injury before week 4. (Not rooting for this, just a prediction)Houston Texans: Chris Brown starts the last 5 games of the year, and goes nuts, leading some undeserving, lucky slobs to a fantasy title.Kansas City Chiefs: Tyler Thigpen is inserted into the lineup after week 10.Miami Dolphins: Ted Ginn will, more than once, attempt to fair catch a Pennington pass.Minnesota Vikings: Sidney Rice emerges as everyone's favorite "Next great WR". Soon after this, he does something boneheaded in the offseason. New England Patriots: Maroney finishes as a top 8 back. Rodney Harrison has a great year.New Orleans Saints: Shockey is a massive fantasy disappointment.New York Giants: Steve Smith takes the starting job from Amani Toomer, and becomes Eli's security blanket.New York Jets: Calvin Pace ties for the NFL lead in sacks.Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden throws a TD pass in one of the Chargers games.Philadelphia Eagles: McNabb stays healthy, and the Eagles are in the division hunt all season.Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers take a step back this year, as O-Line trouble hurts them vs. good teams. they continue to kick the crap out of bottom feeders.St. Louis Rams: Chris Long has a quiet first year, but Marc Bulger has a big second half. San Diego Chargers: Jamal Williams misses more time with injury, and the Chargers run game suffers. Cromarite gets 3 picks all year. In a related development, Quentin Jammer has 70 tackles.San Francisco 49ers: All three QBs start games, and the 49ers lose 12 games.Seattle Seahawks: A true RBBC, as neither Seahawk back becomes a legit fantasy starter. Tampa Bay Bucs: Gaines Adams gets 10 sacks. Antonio Bryant is 2nd in receptions.Tennessee Titans: Vince Young bounces back--all the way to 13 TD passes.Washington Redskins: By the end of the year, people are talking about Jason Campbell as a potential Pro Bowler.:sehorn:
Pretty good read. I liked the Oakland Raiders prediciton: Darren McFadden throws a TD pass in one of the Chargers games. Nice. :confused:

massraider said:
Miami Dolphins: Ted Ginn will, more than once, attempt to fair catch a Pennington pass.

:sehorn:
Pretty good read. I liked the Oakland Raiders prediciton: Darren McFadden throws a TD pass in one of the Chargers games. Nice. :coffee:
I think the bolded prediction is my favorite of the thread so far! Can you imagine how many times that play would be re-played on sports shows over the next year?!

1) Marshawn Lynch will be #1 RB and NFL MVP

2) ADP and SJax will not finish as Top 10 RBs

3) Willie Parker will finish season a Top 10 RB

4) Matt Schaub will be a Top 5 QB

5) Packers will miss playoffs and go 6-10 or 7-9

6) DeSean Jackson will be the slot WR for Eagles and put up great numbers.

7) Ricky Williams will have over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

8) Antonio Gates will not be in the Top 10 for TEs

9) Ray Rice will be starting in Baltimore by mid-season.

10) The Washington Redskins will win the Super Bowl.
Cant see McGahee being listed as anything higher than questionable on next weeks injury report.. I dont think we will have to wait until midseason on Rice..Good stuff guys.. nice thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some unlikely outcomes that I think are more likely than most expect:- David Thomas leads NE TEs in receptions and yards- Jerome Felton leads DET RBs in TDs- Dustin Keller defies the rookie TE learning curve (because he's a WR) and finishes in the top 10 fantasy TEs- Houston's leading rusher at year's end isn't even on their roster right now- Justin Fargas rushes for more yards than Darren McFadden- Andre Hall rushes for more yards and TDs than Selvin Young- Aaron Stecker is again the NO RB to own down the stretch
Most of this makes sense. ( I dont know who Thomas and Felton are , might be sleepers ill take a look )Dustin Keller defies the rookie TE learning curve (because he's a WR) and finishes in the top 10 fantasy TEs - Houston's leading rusher at year's end isn't even on their roster right now- Justin Fargas rushes for more yards than Darren McFadden- Andre Hall rushes for more yards and TDs than Selvin Young- Aaron Stecker is again the NO RB to own down the stretch

Good find Jeff. Totally forgot about this. I went 0-4 on my predictions... Which was called out in the 2nd post. So that guy got one right for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread