Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

igwebuike

2 position help

I'm having some trouble deciding on starters at DL and LB this week.

Basic scoring:

solo = 2, assist = 1, sack = 4, int = 6, PD = 3, Fumble rec = 6

Pick 2 DL:

Jared Allen vs IND

Trent Cole @ DAL

Mathias Kiwanuka @ STL

I'm leaning towards Cole and Kiwanuka, but it seems weird benching the first DL taken in the draft.

Pick 2 LB:

David Thornton @ CIN

Keith Bulluck @ CIN

Antonio Pierce @ STL

Rocky McIntosh vs. NO

Zach Diles vs. BAL

I'm actually starting 3, but Barrett Ruud is pretty much locked in. I think I want to leave Diles on the bench, but I'm not sure I can justify it with the bad games the rest of my guys (except McIntosh) put up last week.

What do you guys think?

I'm having some trouble deciding on starters at DL and LB this week.

Basic scoring:

solo = 2, assist = 1, sack = 4, int = 6, PD = 3, Fumble rec = 6

Pick 2 DL:

Jared Allen vs IND

Trent Cole @ DAL

Mathias Kiwanuka @ STL

I'm leaning towards Cole and Kiwanuka, but it seems weird benching the first DL taken in the draft.

Pick 2 LB:

David Thornton @ CIN

Keith Bulluck @ CIN

Antonio Pierce @ STL

Rocky McIntosh vs. NO

Zach Diles vs. BAL

I'm actually starting 3, but Barrett Ruud is pretty much locked in. I think I want to leave Diles on the bench, but I'm not sure I can justify it with the bad games the rest of my guys (except McIntosh) put up last week.

What do you guys think?

I think I'm with you on the DL matchups. However, if you want to talk yourself into Allen, Manning isn't 100%, neither is his OL and one of his major outlet receivers (Dallas Clark) is out. Manning was sacked twice last week and hit two other times. It may not be the horrible matchup it has been in the past.

No idea what to do with your LBs. I think I'd play Pierce and McIntosh; the Bengal matchup just doesn't look good. Diles could go for either if you've got a good gut feeling on him.

I could not bench Allen, especially with the 2:1 sack/tackle ratio. I'd start him and Kiwanuka. I don't care for the matchup for Coles.

LB is tougher. McIntosh looks like a good start. The other is a bit tougher, but I'd probably go with Pierce and hope he isn't as bad as last week.