What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The return of Steve Smith (1 Viewer)

pfalvey

Footballguy
I think with the effectiveness of the Panthers O so far, that can only help the fantasy value of Smith. Even if Delhomme doesn';t lock onto him as much as he has in the past, Smith could be in for a very productive rest of the year. The one thing that concerns me is the fact that he injured (or re-aggravated?) his shoulder in one of the last pre-season games and has said he still has pain but will play thru it. Has there been any updates on this and should there be a concern for fantasy owners?

not worried about it............as you can tell by the throttling of his own teammate..............STEVE SMITH is one bad dude!

Steve Smith will pour out his wrath for having to sit out two games on some poor fellow in Minn this week. It's going to be hell for somebody. I wouldn't be surprised if he rode into the stadium on a Pale Horse

Definitely concerned about the shoulder. The way he described needing to "take care of it" in the off-season, it's not something that would have completely healed in a few weeks. So it probably still bothers him, which could limit his athletic ability to do certain things. Perhaps it's possible he aggravates it more while playing. Of course Steve Smith is tough, everyone who's seen him play understands that. But if someone's not 100% healthy, it's a concern.

Steve Smith will pour out his wrath for having to sit out two games on some poor fellow in Minn this week. It's going to be hell for somebody. I wouldn't be surprised if he rode into the stadium on a Pale Horse
Would love to see something along the lines of 18-166-1.... :pickle:

He practiced just fine today, and Delhomme said he was very happy to have his "rocket" back.

Definitely concerned about the shoulder. The way he described needing to "take care of it" in the off-season, it's not something that would have completely healed in a few weeks. So it probably still bothers him, which could limit his athletic ability to do certain things. Perhaps it's possible he aggravates it more while playing. Of course Steve Smith is tough, everyone who's seen him play understands that. But if someone's not 100% healthy, it's a concern.
That's the thing, other than his shoulder causing pain, there's not alot of info about it. He could have the same injury as Chad Johnson for all we know. I'd love to pass B.Edwards off to the Smith owner in my league, but the shoulder issue makes me a bit hesitant.

That's the thing, other than his shoulder causing pain, there's not alot of info about it. He could have the same injury as Chad Johnson for all we know. I'd love to pass B.Edwards off to the Smith owner in my league, but the shoulder issue makes me a bit hesitant.
As a Steve Smith owner there is no way I take Edwards for him at this point I doubt many would

As a Steve Smith owner there is no way I take Edwards for him at this point I doubt many would
I hear ya, but the Smith owner in my league is a Browns fans so it may be worth a try.

I wish I was in that league. I'm a Smith owner and I'd happily take Edwards. I wouldn't give you Smith for him, though. Is that what you meant? :confused:

I wish I was in that league. I'm a Smith owner and I'd happily take Edwards. I wouldn't give you Smith for him, though. Is that what you meant? :fishing:
yeah, straight up no way right now

Guns don't kill people. Steve Smith's fist kills People.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of cornerbacks Steve Smtih allows to live.

Steve Smith does not sleep. He glan plans.

The chief export of Steve Smith is receptions.

There is no chin under Steve Smith's Beard. There is only another fist.

Steve Smith has two speeds. Toast and Endzone Celebration.

The leading causes of NFL firings in the United States are: 1. Covering Steve Smith one on one 2. Al Davis 3. Steve Smtih punt returns.

Steve Smith drives an ice cream truck covered in black eyes.

Steve Smith uses pepper spray to spice up his gatorade.

Steve Smith once punched someone so hard that his fist broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Steve Smith is five feet tall, faster than U. Bolt, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Steve Smith out of the endzone. It failed miserably.

Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Steve Smith has 72... and they all can catch a football.

If you ask Steve Smith what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he punches you in the face.

Guns don't kill people. Steve Smith's fist kills People.There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of cornerbacks Steve Smtih allows to live. Steve Smith does not sleep. He glan plans.The chief export of Steve Smith is receptions. There is no chin under Steve Smith's Beard. There is only another fist. Steve Smith has two speeds. Toast and Endzone Celebration. The leading causes of NFL firings in the United States are: 1. Covering Steve Smith one on one 2. Al Davis 3. Steve Smtih punt returns.Steve Smith drives an ice cream truck covered in black eyes.Steve Smith uses pepper spray to spice up his gatorade.Steve Smith once punched someone so hard that his fist broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean. Steve Smith is five feet tall, faster than U. Bolt, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.The Great Wall of China was originally created to keep Steve Smith out of the endzone. It failed miserably.Most people have 23 pairs of chromosomes. Steve Smith has 72... and they all can catch a football.If you ask Steve Smith what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'til." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he punches you in the face.
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread