What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Take over the best team in a money league (1 Viewer)

Softball 3:16

Footballguy
I play in a league where a guy screwed us over. It is a start-up dynasty / auction league. He joined the league twice, managed two teams, badly screwed one of them up during the auction and then abandoned both teams. I am trying my best to put the league back together. I got one owner to take over one of the teams at a discount. Next I plan to give up my own team (best team in the league) and take over the terriable squad that remains without an owner.

The regular fee to join this league is $65.00 per team. I want somebody to pay $80.00 for this 3-0 squad. It has the best record, most points, and second most cap room.

Player YTD Pts Bye Salary

Brees, Drew NOS QB 117.3 9 $26

Brunell, Mark NOS QB - 9 $1

O'Sullivan, J.T. SFO QB 95.2 9 $1

Barber, Marion DAL RB (P *) 74.0 10 $38

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB 27.0 4 $2

Green, Ahman HOU RB (D *) 10.2 2 $3

Hall, Andre DEN RB 18.4 8 $1

Parker, Willie PIT RB 90.9 6 $33

Taylor, Chris HOU RB 0.0 2 $1

Ward, Derrick NYG RB 28.2 4 $2

Watson, Kenny CIN RB 8.0 10 $4

Jennings, Greg GBP WR 73.6 8 $18

Rice, Sidney MIN WR 16.2 8 $3

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 9 $20

Ward, Hines PIT WR (*) 67.0 6 $13

Witten, Jason DAL TE 67.2 10 $17

Nedney, Joe SFO PK 22.0 9 $1

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 18.0 7 $1

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 12.0 2 $1

19 Total Players

Salary Adjustments: $0

Total Salary: $186

Salary Cap: $210

Cap Room Available: $23

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would anyone pay MORE than the entry fee to join a league?
Why does Vegas set odds when you bet on futures? It's an extra $15.00 for a team that is much much more likely to win part of the $780.00 pot.
So are you "trying to save the league" or are you trying turn a quick profit on the sale of your team....
Yes,I'm trying to make a quick $15.00. That's my goal, to run off with all of $15.00 and live happily ever after.

Why does Vegas set odds when you bet on futures? It's an extra $15.00 for a team that is much much more likely to win part of the $780.00 pot.
So are you "trying to save the league" or are you trying turn a quick profit on the sale of your team....
I'm trying to make a quick $15.00. That's my goal, to run off with all of $15.00 and live happily ever after.
:bag: While I find this comment funny, I still have no idea why anyone would pay a premium for a team, regardless of the W/L record after two weeks.

Give me a breakdown of payouts for this year and I might take this team over tomorrow. This is a one day offer.

Yes,I'm trying to make a quick $15.00. That's my goal, to run off with all of $15.00 and live happily ever after.
:goodposting: How many teams in the league?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats my point moron....why are you charging more than the original entry fee at all......you are the one claiming to be trying to do the noble thing by giving up your "best team in the league" to "save the league"...

Team is now 3-0. It's the only 3-0 team in the league. It's also the top overall scoring team in the league.

The actual payouts will depend on what this team goes for, but it will be very close to :

1st place: $425.00

2nd place: $215.00

3rd place: $70.00

Team is now 3-0. It's the only 3-0 team in the league. It's also the top overall scoring team in the league.The actual payouts will depend on what this team goes for, but it will be very close to :1st place: $425.002nd place: $215.003rd place: $70.00
Team will get to the playoffs, sure, but then it's all luck. Drop it down to usual entry fee and you will have someone take the team in a matter of minutes.

Thats my point moron....why are you charging more than the original entry fee at all......you are the one claiming to be trying to do the noble thing by giving up your "best team in the league" to "save the league"...
I'm not keeping the $15.00. I'm putting it in the pot. There was a bad team in the league that I sold at a discount, so I'm trying to get even for the league.

i personally don't see anything wrong with asking a premium to cover the discount of the orphaned team

MOX leagues do this all the time (but those are no auction dynasties so a lil different)

i took over 3 MOX teams and paid 3 different prices, paid 150% for the suave team, 100% for the decent team, 66% for one that was just honestly pretty bad but i like the MOX format so was willing to eat a year or two

the 150% one is easily 3-0 and in my opinion a MUCH better financial investment than the other two

i personally don't see anything wrong with asking a premium to cover the discount of the orphaned team
There is no discount to cover. He has made that clear by saying that this is a premium to just sweeten the pot.

There is no discount to cover. He has made that clear by saying that this is a premium to just sweeten the pot.
You don't read so well, do you?Twice he said he sold one team at a discount because it was bad. He also aid this extra money was going into the pot (not his pocket).Personally, I think it makes very good sense to ask a small premium on the better team. If you don't like/want it, then move on. There's absolutely ZERO sense in ripping at the guyin this case.Also...how does a guy giving up a near certain playoff team to take over a rotten team deserve any of this?

You don't read so well, do you?Twice he said he sold one team at a discount because it was bad. He also aid this extra money was going into the pot (not his pocket).Personally, I think it makes very good sense to ask a small premium on the better team. If you don't like/want it, then move on. There's absolutely ZERO sense in ripping at the guyin this case.Also...how does a guy giving up a near certain playoff team to take over a rotten team deserve any of this?
Thank You.

I guess I've learned a lesson from this league. People from the internet are usually a holes. I have eight friends in this league and wanted four guys from the internet to fill out the league. So far nearly every guy from the internet has bailed out without paying. Even the guys who take over teams from guys who have bailed out have dissapeared. The last guy told me he mailed a check, and asked if I could let him log in before the check came so he could set his starters, so I did. He then started players on bye, never logged in again and his check never came.

Right now the league has ten strong owners managing eleven teams. (The comissioner is running two teams because of a guy who bailed out on a terriable roster.) Here is the roster of a team that is available. They are 3-1 with the third most points in the 12- team league. I'm happy to give this team to somebody for the regular $65.00 fee.

Garrard, David JAC QB 179.9 7 $7

Romo, Tony DAL QB 245.2 10 $29

McGahee, Willis BAL RB (Q) 37.2 2 $22

Perry, Chris CIN RB (P) 68.8 10 $8

Portis, Clinton WAS RB 107.1 10 $36

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 49.8 9 $1

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 109.4 6 $13

Breaston, Steve ARI WR 65.6 7 $1

Bruce, Isaac SFO WR 79.2 9 $4

Clayton, Mark BAL WR 31.2 2 $4

Colston, Marques NOS WR (O) 11.2 9 $28

Ginn Jr., Ted MIA WR 31.4 4 $12