What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best HBO show ever? (1 Viewer)

#3 best show on HBO

• The Sopranos

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • The Wire

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • OZ

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Entourage

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Flight of the Conchords

• Deadwood

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Sex and the City

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • da Ali G Show

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rome

• Extras

• Big Love

• Band of Brothers

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Larry Sanders Show

• Six Feet Under

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

biggamer3

Footballguy
So many great shows were made by HBO, which really influenced many of the shows we now have on TV.

my top three are all Dramas:

1) The Wire

2) OZ

3) The Sopranos

Curb comes a close 4th

PS i was going to add Generation Kill, but there were no spots and i thought it was just a meh show

Last edited by a moderator:
larry sanders show

wire

sopranos

the only reason i rank the "sopranos" behind the others is that the series went on too long. i haven't seen season 5 of "the wire" but it would have to suck hard to ruin the franchise.

Band of Brothers from this list, but since it's a miniseries and not a show, I wouldn't include it here.

Excluding BofB, I'd rank season one of the Sopranos as the single best season of TV that HBO has produced. But I'd rate the Wire as the top show overall for its consistent quality.

I voted for BoB even though it isn't a show, and I've never seen many of these. Never liked the sopranos.

Sex and the City will get no love here, but if you had a nationwide poll it might win.

1. Rome

2. John Adams (very close 2nd, maybe #1 depending on my mood)

Not to take anything away from the others, because of the ones I watched they were all great. Haven't seen the Wire yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Band of Brothers from this list, but since it's a miniseries and not a show, I wouldn't include it here.Excluding BofB, I'd rank season one of the Sopranos as the single best season of TV that HBO has produced. But I'd rate the Wire as the top show overall for its consistent quality.
Yeah, I excluded Band of Brothers too, simply because it was a mini-series.I do think it was the single best thing ever produced to be aired on television though.Voted the Wire, which is the single best multi-season TV show ever.

Fraggle Rock down?
This is easily a top 3, my kids watch Fraggle Rock now and I watched Fraggle Rock as a kid about 25 years ago. I don't think too many people will say any of those other shows span 2 generations of viewers.

Inside the NFL would get my vote, but they blew it when they brought in Wanda Sykes and tried to make it a 'funny' show.

I'd go Oz, The Sopranos, The Wire and Curb a close 4th.

Deadwood didn't run long enough and left the story hanging otherwise I would put it second.

There are a lot of great shows on that list! Six Feet Under and The Larry Sanders Show were must watch shows as well.

Added an option for second best and third best being that everyone has a top 3 here.

I believe its too late to vote again if you did already :thumbup:

Maybe not best ever, but Carnivale was the only HBO show that I consistently looked forward to the next episode.

I voted the Wire and loved Band of Brothers.

I also really liked John from Cincinnati - and yes I realize I was the only one.

Band of Brothers from this list, but since it's a miniseries and not a show, I wouldn't include it here.Excluding BofB, I'd rank season one of the Sopranos as the single best season of TV that HBO has produced. But I'd rate the Wire as the top show overall for its consistent quality.
Yeah, I excluded Band of Brothers too, simply because it was a mini-series.I do think it was the single best thing ever produced to be aired on television though.Voted the Wire, which is the single best multi-season TV show ever.
Call it what you want, it was an original HBO series, that was a standard season long for HBO shows.

Band of Brothers from this list, but since it's a miniseries and not a show, I wouldn't include it here.

Excluding BofB, I'd rank season one of the Sopranos as the single best season of TV that HBO has produced. But I'd rate the Wire as the top show overall for its consistent quality.
Yeah, I excluded Band of Brothers too, simply because it was a mini-series.I do think it was the single best thing ever produced to be aired on television though.

Voted the Wire, which is the single best multi-season TV show ever.
Call it what you want, it was an original HBO series, that was a standard season long for HBO shows.
I think it was like seven episodes and I seem to remember them being longer than an hour. And it was intended from the start as a complete narrative that would fit into that timeframe. Really different format from most TV series.

You reminded me why I need to cancel HBO...I never watch any of those shows. Well, I use to catch "Curb Your Enthusiasm" once in a while.

I keep hearing about great The Wire is/was (is it still on?). I might have to finally check it out. I assume the DVDs are out, right?

I keep hearing about great The Wire is/was (is it still on?). I might have to finally check it out. I assume the DVDs are out, right?
final season (5th) concluded earlier this year. i don't think season 5 is out yet on DVD but the previous ones are.

Users who are viewing this thread