What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Favorite Movie Soundtracks (1 Viewer)

Magnolia

Pulp Fiction

Garden State

Natural Born Killers

Trainspotting

O Brother Where Art Thou

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Juno

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

American Beauty

Valley Girl

Trainspotting

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Quadrophenia

Moulin Rouge

Layer Cake

Pulp Fiction

Donnie Darko

Superfly

Snatch

Lord of the Rings

Back to the Future

Spiderman (also a danny elfman fan)

Bourne movies

Natural Born Killers was the first on my mind.

Purple Rain

I haven't heard it in a long time, but I recall Born on the 4th of July as being pretty solid.

Singles/thread
:hifive: I can't even think of a # 2. There have been so many disappointing ones. Singles is the only one I still listen to regularly.
Screaming Trees 4 LIFE!!! Sweet Oblivion and Dust are classic to me and 2 of my favorite albums from the 90's in the rock/alt/grunge genreIMO, they were easily the most overlooked and underrated of all the bands that came out of Seattle around then. Quite possibly they were the most talented as well. I think you could def here a wider range of influences in their music, esp blues, compared any of the other bands earlier stuff....Ive never bought a soundtrack, but I could say that Scorsese's movies typically have very good soundtracks. I loved The Departed's

Judgment Night./thread
Great Call :thumbup: :unsure: :thumbup: :thumbup: (plus you cant beat a movie with Emilio Estevez AND Jeremy Piven)Though many may not realize it, this is truly what rap/rock is. Rock bands collaborating with rappers, and really this was this beginning of that genre (though Rage Against the Machine came out right around then)Fallin' (Teenage Fanclub&De La Soul) and I Love You Mary Jane (Sonic Youth&Cypress Hill) are just fantastic songs period.

snatch

traffic

kids

ghost dog

high art

twin peaks / fire walk with me

reach the rock

magnolia

things to do in denver when you're dead

the end of violence

Rock bands collaborating with rappers, and really this was this beginning of that genre
It isn't a music thread if I can't nitpick somewhere. :goodposting: PE and Anthrax's collab was 2 years prior to that, and RunDMC/Aerosmith was ~5 years before that.
Ok, you got meOn a rap note, good call on the Ghost Dog soundtrack though. RZA is genius. Well, GZA is genius, but RZA is right there with him :nerd:

good call on the Ghost Dog soundtrack
There's actually two versions of this , I didn't realize it until a couple years ago. The one that was released in the US (this one) but there was a Japanses verision that is mostly all RZA beats and not much else (here). Hunt that one down on BT or your fav P2P....I highly recommend.Edit to fix link

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I rescind my statement I never bought a soundtrackI bought Crow: City of AngelsIt was very good as well, specifically the Toadies, Korn, Filter, Deftones, and Seven Mary 3 songs, and I havent listened to that album since the turn of the century

Stuff I own or remember owning:

Back to the Future

Top Gun

Singles

I Am Sam

Pulp Fiction

Magnolia

The Crow

Dazed and Confused

Vanilla Sky

Almost Famous

Judgement Night

Bill and Ted's (I think I owned both movies' soundtrack)

Assuming Star Wars is head and shoulders above everything else...

1. Apollo 13

2. Last of the Mohicans

3. Gladiator

4. Glory

5. Gettysburg

6. Miller's Crossing

7. Moulin Rouge

8. Star Trek - Khan, Spearch for Spock, Generations

9. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

10. Jurassic Park

Pretty much anything by James Horner or John Williams (of course) is pretty good although Horner has a tendency to plagiarize himself.

1. Apollo 13

2. Last of the Mohicans

3. Gladiator

4. Glory

5. Gettysburg

6. Miller's Crossing

7. Moulin Rouge

10. Jurassic Park

Pretty much anything by James Horner or John Williams (of course) is pretty good although Horner has a tendency to plagiarize himself.
Word!I would probably throw in Braveheart. I'm a sucker for Celtic music (even in movies like Titanic :coffee: ).

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Apollo 13

2. Last of the Mohicans

3. Gladiator

4. Glory

5. Gettysburg

6. Miller's Crossing

7. Moulin Rouge

10. Jurassic Park

Word!I would probably throw in Braveheart. I'm a sucker for Celtic music (even in movies like Titanic :goodposting: ).
I like parts of Braveheart, but I'm still bitter that that won the Academy Award rather than Apollo 13.Nothing wrong with liking Titanic, the last track on the album, "Hymn to the Sea", is a beautiful piece of work.

Trivia: The "lyrics" sung on the Gladiator soundtrack aren't lyrics at all. It's a made up gibberish language that Lisa Garrard made up when she was a kid. Sorta like speaking in tongues, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread