What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2008 MLB World Series - Phillies v. RedSox (1 Viewer)

Thunderlips

Footballguy
Look..this isn't schtick, an attempt at a reverse jinx or any of that crap...but the legitimate thread for the World Series participants... as I am convinced that the Rays are dead in the water. This is what I envision the matchups to be.

Game One will probably be Dice-K v. Hamels

Game Two Beckett v. Meyers

Game Three Lester v. Blanton

Game Four Masterson/Wakefield? v. Moyer/Happ??

Game Five Dice k v. Hamels

Game Six Beckett v. Meyers

Game Seven Lester v. Blanton

Let's get a nice discussion about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post game six BUMP..... Let's get the chatter going. Word of advice to my Redsox friends. Philly fans will be scalp hunting at The Bank and in the parking lots. I would give a caution to wearing your gang colors there.

On that note....I have a ticket...Game Four......$1000.00 it's yours. Get a chance to see a potential Sox World Series clincher.

BUMP...for the evening crowd. Guys, this is the World Series. Personally, I think if Hamels can win Game One on the road...the Philly homefield advantage will be enough. Philly will run on Boston.....and I like any Phillies pitcher versus Wakefield. While it's true that Big Papi could bunt one out of The Bank.....that crowd is going be the deciding factor. Boston hasn't seen anything like the rabid fans of Philly.

BUMP...for the evening crowd. Guys, this is the World Series. Personally, I think if Hamels can win Game One on the road...the Philly homefield advantage will be enough. Philly will run on Boston.....and I like any Phillies pitcher versus Wakefield. While it's true that Big Papi could bunt one out of The Bank.....that crowd is going be the deciding factor. Boston hasn't seen anything like the rabid fans of Philly.
Isnt The Bank usually 50% full of Red Sox fans each time they play there? I live outside Philly and have been to at least 1 game each time Boston has been at The Bank and Boston was VERY well represented each time. I think the Philly home field advantage will be negated somewhat if the Sox make the series.

Isnt The Bank usually 50% full of Red Sox fans each time they play there? I live outside Philly and have been to at least 1 game each time Boston has been at The Bank and Boston was VERY well represented each time. I think the Philly home field advantage will be negated somewhat if the Sox make the series.
Exactly.Front runners live all over the USA.

The majority of those Boston fans fly into Philly for the weekend series. I have a buddy that flies down every year that they play and we go to a couple of the games. Those arent frontrunner fans.

I've been a season ticket holder since The Bank has been open and although RedSox fans represent....they don't even reach Mets fans levels. Philly is not going to let the chowdah heads get a foothold there.

The majority of those Boston fans fly into Philly for the weekend series. I have a buddy that flies down every year that they play and we go to a couple of the games. Those arent frontrunner fans.
I don't know about that. Maybe that's the case with your friends, but I know quite a few Boston fans (and Yankees fans) that live in the area here.

Weak thread.Wait until the Red Sox make the World Series. :football:
They've made the World Series. Tampa isn't going to beat them. I'm just looking for some nice World Series talk. I wonder if they are going to be looking for D batteries at the gates for these games.

I don't know about that. Maybe that's the case with your friends, but I know quite a few Boston fans (and Yankees fans) that live in the area here.
I know when my buddy flies down on early Friday evening of a weekend series, he says the plane is full of Sox fans. I know that is only a couple of hundred people but seeing how many fans make it into the stadium it isnt out of the realm of possibility that there are many other flights full of Sox fans. I know that every weekend Series in Baltimore is full of Sox fans that fly down or even drive down.

Weak thread.Wait until the Red Sox make the World Series. :goodposting:
It's a reverse/reverse jinx thread...pretty pathetic if you ask me.
It is not. This WS matchup is in the bag. Don't get scurred cause Longoria had a double. Have some faith in ole' Thunderlips.
No, it really is pathetic.
Hey, I don't see any of you clowns chirping in the OFFICIAL PHILLIES RAYS WORLD SERIES THREAD. Obviously that guy who started (had to be a Rays fan) that is wishful thinking and trying to will Tampa into the Series. But until you do....go get your shinebox.

Weak thread.Wait until the Red Sox make the World Series. :coffee:
It's a reverse/reverse jinx thread...pretty pathetic if you ask me.
It is not. This WS matchup is in the bag. Don't get scurred cause Longoria had a double. Have some faith in ole' Thunderlips.
No, it really is pathetic.
Hey, I don't see any of you clowns chirping in the OFFICIAL PHILLIES RAYS WORLD SERIES THREAD. Obviously that guy who started (had to be a Rays fan) that is wishful thinking and trying to will Tampa into the Series. But until you do....go get your shinebox.
Worst shtick I've ever seen.And I've hung out with Woz in person.

Users who are viewing this thread