What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Hurries (1 Viewer)

Michael Fox Fan

Footballguy
Jene or others -

Where can I find how many "hurries" a DL has? Much like "targets" for WRs, it seems like Hurries is an important predictor of potential sacks. Is there someplace I can track down this stat?

TIA.

Larry Thomas is tracking QB hits and TFL in the weekly IDP Matchup Spreadsheet, which is available to subscribers for download on Wednesdays. Football Outsiders' game charting project tracks hurries, but nothing is available to my knowledge in-season to my knowledge. I'm not aware of any other sources for hurries.

Larry Thomas is tracking QB hits and TFL in the weekly IDP Matchup Spreadsheet, which is available to subscribers for download on Wednesdays. Football Outsiders' game charting project tracks hurries, but nothing is available to my knowledge in-season to my knowledge. I'm not aware of any other sources for hurries.
Yet another thing that should convince me to subscribe. Appreciate the response Jene.Do you consider Hurries a good predictor of sacks? I really equate hurries/sacks to targets/catches. Particularly since sacks can be quite volatile from week-to-week, even season-to-season.

Yet another thing that should convince me to subscribe. Appreciate the response Jene.Do you consider Hurries a good predictor of sacks? I really equate hurries/sacks to targets/catches. Particularly since sacks can be quite volatile from week-to-week, even season-to-season.
Hits, yes. I'm not sure how hurries are recorded, or how consistent they may be from team to team. The Outsiders data in the Pro Football Prospectus (when it makes it in) is trustworthy and affects my opinion of how successful a pass rusher really was.I've been using the new QB hits data we've got access to frequently to assess buy low and rebound targets at end this year.

Definitely subscribe. It's very inexpensive and saves me a ton of time. If anything, it has made me lazy--if I can't find it on FBG, why bother to look?!Actually, I'm obsessed, so I still look. But, it saves me enough time to see my wife and kids now and then in the fall.

I really thought hits and hurries are one in the same, just like tackles for loss and stuffs. :shrug:
They could be in some places. Often times, the network guys track hurries as an arbitrary stat separate from knockdowns. The NFL stat crews are (or should be) recording QB hits only when a QB hits the ground after a play according the guidelines shared by Chris Hoeltge.Pro Football Prospectus lists hurries separately from hits, presumably a judgment call when a QB is pressured into throwing sooner than desired but not knocked down.

Users who are viewing this thread