What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ultimate IDP Survivor Finals (2 Viewers)

my favorite to win it all... Chaos Commish.
Wow. Thanks I think. Do you usually guess right?
This is the kiss of death. In fact, it has its own slot in the FBG glossary. It's called getting "Bloomed."My condolences. I've been there.
So, what you're saying is he knowingly rooned my chances.
Never knowingly. The Bloom doesn't work that way. I have to sincerely believe it to Bloom someone. There's also a reverse Bloom. much rarer. The term originated in our lunchtime bowling league when I would call a strike on a ball headed straight for the pocket and inextricably a 7-10 split would be left standing. It got to the point where people didn't want me to watch them bowl. I haven't been in the league in three years and people who don't even know me are talking about "getting bloomed", so it's now taken on a life of its own. Its fun to think the oncoming train is really the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigmund Bloom said:
Its fun to think the oncoming train is really the light at the end of the tunnel.
lol
:rolleyes:I begged for the reverse Bloom, or at least not to be bloomed, in Sig's writeups for this league. I didn't get the reverse Bloom, and I wanted to believe that I didn't get bloomed because he didn't want to kill my chance of winning with what he thought was a good team.I don't even know what those last two sentences mean. I'm now through the looking glass of desperation.

Unofficial results coming into Sunday Nite Game.

Benny Beaver is only team with no players left for the week.

Looks like Curtains for Benny Beaver for sure, and Buck (with Antonio Smith -1.5 and Gerald Hayes -4.5) having to make up 15.75 on Sky Rattlers, who still has Manny Lawson - 7.25. Not impossible for Buck to catch up, but Sky Rattlers has to be the favorite to move on.

No margin for error the next three weeks folks. good luck.

Unofficial results going into Monday Nite... Benny Beaver is unofficially eliminatedFBG_IDP_FINAL.xls

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
    146.5 KB · Views: 14
Benny Beaver is unofficially eliminated
I'm firing my staff, suing my scout team, breaking up with my girlfriend and kicking my dog. And then I might snap! Great job with the draft guys and good luck to everyone the rest of the way.Edit to add: :goodposting:

Post Mortem - Benny Beaver

Look no further than the CB position. Benny drafted two week 10 CBs, which compounded the weak CB scoring problem from week 9. Dunta Robinson and Fakhir Brown were making plays in the weeks leading up to this contest, but they went cold the last two weeks. Benny was around the league average at every other position (except DT, but the scoring is low enough that its easy to absorb a poor showing there).

Benny got good scoring from his DEs, with minimal investment - Montgomery, Warren, and Harvey all put up big weeks for him, it was actually the high draft pick, Chris Long, who let him down. With a good performance or two from Long, Benny's flex would have definitely been picked up.

Another thing that doomed Benny during this period was a lack of big plays from his LBs. He had 6 LBs going both weeks, but couldnt muster better than a league average score. The tackles were there but the big plays were not.

Lastly, Benny threw six picks at safety, more than anybody else, and could only put up a score slightly below the league average. Kerry Rhodes was the only guy who put a big game from this group.

Benny wasn't hit with any big injuries, and his distribution of picks per position was sound. Focusing on hot players and a lack of a baseline CB were the biggest issues, but this team will probably bounce back and not be the lowest scoring over the duration of the contest.

By my calculations, heres the skinny going into tonites game... ( these figures are unofficial)

Benny Beaver (223.25) will be eliminated and one of these teams will join them… Nice analysis Sig!

buck56 (217.75) has DE Antonio Smith and LB Gerald Hayes going tonite. Smith’s average is 4.41, his best game is 10.00 and Hayes is 9.69/16.50.

Their lowest scoring LB is Farrior with 4.50, DE is Dumervill has 1.50. They cannot get any more points from their flex position. By my calculations, they need 33.50 tonite to pass Chainz and lock in.

Sky Rattlers (233.00) have LB Manny Lawson. Lawson’s has a 5.88 average with his best game coming last week,17.00. They have a 15.25 lead over buck56. Nap Harris is their lowest scoring LB with 7.25. They cannot better their flex position. A 19.50 game out of Lawson will guarantee them advancement. If they fail to add to their total, buck56 needs 21.50 to pass.

tec79 (238.75) has Takeo Spikes 10.53/22.25. Should be able to easily improve on their flex (Jason Allen 3.00). Lowest scoring LB is 10.50 by Kirk Morrison. tec79 should be safe. Is Spikes gets his average, tec79 advances.

The good Dr (239.50) has Dockett, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis and Michael Lewis. Jene is safe, his lowest scoring DE has 0.00, he will definitely add to this total. Could very easily be highest scoring team this week.

Rozelle (244.00) has S Antrel Rolle 8.59/18.50, lowest scoring S has 11.00 and flex is 6.75. May have a difficult time adding to their score. An 8 point game from Rolle locks them in.

Chainz (245.00) is finished with the fixed number teams are shooting for.

By my calculations, heres the skinny going into tonites game... ( these figures are unofficial)

Benny Beaver (223.25) will be eliminated and one of these teams will join them… Nice analysis Sig!

buck56 (217.75) has DE Antonio Smith and LB Gerald Hayes going tonite. Smith’s average is 4.41, his best game is 10.00 and Hayes is 9.69/16.50.

Their lowest scoring LB is Farrior with 4.50, DE is Dumervill has 1.50. They cannot get any more points from their flex position. By my calculations, they need 33.50 tonite to pass Chainz and lock in.

Sky Rattlers (233.00) have LB Manny Lawson. Lawson’s has a 5.88 average with his best game coming last week,17.00. They have a 15.25 lead over buck56. Nap Harris is their lowest scoring LB with 7.25. They cannot better their flex position. A 19.50 game out of Lawson will guarantee them advancement. If they fail to add to their total, buck56 needs 21.50 to pass.

tec79 (238.75) has Takeo Spikes 10.53/22.25. Should be able to easily improve on their flex (Jason Allen 3.00). Lowest scoring LB is 10.50 by Kirk Morrison. tec79 should be safe. Is Spikes gets his average, tec79 advances.

The good Dr (239.50) has Dockett, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis and Michael Lewis. Jene is safe, his lowest scoring DE has 0.00, he will definitely add to this total. Could very easily be highest scoring team this week.

Rozelle (244.00) has S Antrel Rolle 8.59/18.50, lowest scoring S has 11.00 and flex is 6.75. May have a difficult time adding to their score. An 8 point game from Rolle locks them in.

Chainz (245.00) is finished with the fixed number teams are shooting for.
I'm pretty much done, thank you Mr. Webster and Mr. White. :lmao:

buck56 Post Mortem

Buck finished in the middle of the pack last week... whaaahappen?

Buck56 himself covered two big factors in the injuries to White and Webster. His DE were weak and really depended White, when he went down in the first quarter this week it doomed Buck to a league low DE score. That was compounded by two LBs on bye (including his #1 Ware), and Webster going down, giving buck a poor LB and flex score. The secondary and DT put up decent weeks, but not enough to bail out the snakebit LB and DE corps.

Looking ahead to week 11:

Borbely: The hardest part is over... or is it? Borb is still ailing. He's down an end for the rest of the contest, and the healthy guys at that position aren't doing much either. I don't know how long his LBs can carry him, but he has all 7 for the first time next week, and that's scary. Sanders and Williams have panned out at safety, but other than Will Allen's pick six, his CBs haven't done much.

Tec79: Tec is down a top LB and CB already. If Lofa can stay healthy, and Nick Collins keeps up his big play ways, Tec can keep going, but the odds are against any team that loses two good players this early.

Rozelle: His strong balanced LB group should do a lot of the heavy lifting, while Hope and Jennings carry the secondary. This team is set up to go deep into the contest.

Jene: Bramel is getting balanced production now that all of his niners are playing. I'm not that inspired by this LB group as long as Mike Peterson gets back in the middle for Jacksonville, but the Corners look great. The thin safeties could come back to haunt him if Bell or Lewis go down. Still a strong contender.

Fro: Fro's weak DE corps is a real landmine for these next 3 weeks. Except for a good week 9 from Kalimba Edwards, this group has failed to top double digits. He'll need strong play from Vilma, Harrison, Crowder, and James to carry him through any rough spots. Pollard may have been a real steal at safety, and Fro's DT are also strong. Still, I get a nagging feeling the DE issue will strike during this gauntlet.

Chainz: Haynesworth is not paying dividends yet, and Chainz is without Barnett and Kerney. This team is pretty balanced, but it will need guys like Horton and Mathis to make big plays each week, because the LBs lack explosive scorers.

Sky Rattlers: Close call this round, and SR is still down his first round pick. Woodley has to get healthy, and the secondary needs come up big each week to cover for a poor DE group, or this team is going home soon.

Chaos Commish: A few hitches... only Tuck has really shown up among the DEs, and this Mike Peterson situation is troubling. Still Briggs and Ryans have turned out to be great picks, and Adrian Wilson looks like he's going to be a stud down the stretch. I still like this team to make the final four, if not bring home the crown.

Bloom: Well I have to say things have gone pretty much as planned except for so many of my guys showing up on the injury report. I really need Gibril to stay healthy, and I can only afford to lose one of Johnson and Bulluck in any given week during this stretch. My DEs have worked out as planned, including later round picks like Freeney and Edwards, and the corners are also performing well. As long as Wilson can stay healthy and I get league average LB scoring, I should make it to the final four.

Crippler: Allen and Peppers will lead the way, even with Allen's severe shoulder sprain! Crippler is down an LB (Thomas) and has a risky CB corps of ballhawks that don't get a ton of tackles at CB, but those DEs can make that moot if they stay hot.

Good luck everyone!

Sigmund Bloom said:
Borbely: The hardest part is over... or is it? Borb is still ailing. He's down an end for the rest of the contest, and the healthy guys at that position aren't doing much either. I don't know how long his LBs can carry him, but he has all 7 for the first time next week, and that's scary. Sanders and Williams have panned out at safety, but other than Will Allen's pick six, his CBs haven't done much.
I may be able to sneak past one more week as is, but to make any real noise, I need Vanden Bosch and Little healthy and productive. They hold the key to my final outcome. There have been so many key injuries that I may be able to last a while longer than I normally would, but I can only go so far with my DE situation like it is. I know it's nice having the LBs I do. I should be guaranteed a strong flex score every week, and with Sean Jones, Sanders, Madieu and Mike Brown, my safeties should be near the top as well. If Vanden Bosch and Little do anything, I think I have a great chance to win this thing. But if they don't, then I'm in trouble.

Sigmund Bloom said:
I may be able to sneak past one more week as is, but to make any real noise, I need Vanden Bosch and Little healthy and productive. They hold the key to my final outcome. There have been so many key injuries that I may be able to last a while longer than I normally would, but I can only go so far with my DE situation like it is. I know it's nice having the LBs I do. I should be guaranteed a strong flex score every week, and with Sean Jones, Sanders, Madieu and Mike Brown, my safeties should be near the top as well. If Vanden Bosch and Little do anything, I think I have a great chance to win this thing. But if they don't, then I'm in trouble.
Thanks for the invite this year, it was a good run, but injuries killed me this week. Good luck to all of you the rest of the way!Will be watching will great anticapation to see who can outlast injuries and out muscle the competition. :sarcasm:

Two MONSTER games tonight from Jerod Mayo and Eric Barton....and who owns them in this league? Our two eiliminated teams own one each. Timing is everything.

Sure is... 30 solos and 7 assist between 'em :thumbup: The Good Doctor has both Mayo and Barton started in another league, fortunately I'm not playin him. :pickle:

I am without 7 players today:

DT John Henderson

DE Charles Grant

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

CB Brandon Flowers

CB Kelvin Hayden

S Madieu Williams

S Bob Sanders

I have one DT starter, 3 DE starters, 3 CB starters, and 3 S starters.

I am in big trouble this week. :lmao:

Anthony Borbely said:
I am without 7 players today:

DT John Henderson

DE Charles Grant

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch

CB Brandon Flowers

CB Kelvin Hayden

S Madieu Williams

S Bob Sanders

I have one DT starter, 3 DE starters, 3 CB starters, and 3 S starters.

I am in big trouble this week. :cry:
Woo hoo....Madieu Williams is ACTIVE. :thumbup:

Well I've been living on borrowed time. My DT's and DE's have been just horrid. Bernard and Clancy both went into major slumps well below their season average. While my DEs were able to muster a combined 1 sack over 3 weeks. I never expected them to be the strength of my team but I was hoping for more than what they delivered.

My LBs, CBs, and safeties all played very well. Considering I lost DJ Williams, Woodley and Hall for a couple of weeks each it's even more impressive the big numbers that my lower round selections put up.

It was a blast drafting and competing with everyone. I'm looking forward to next year.

Unofficial results going into Sunday Nite game...

Jene is finished with 137.00... 3.0 pts separate 6th place from 10th

Chances are cuts will be two of these teams…

Sky Rattlers (122.25) In serious trouble, will have a hard time adding to their total.

Chainz (123.50) Has Jason Taylor, Poz, Chris Horton and Terrence McGee.

Fullback Fro (124.00) Has Shaun Rogers, Andre Carter, Bradie James, Carlos Rogers.

tec79 (125.00) Has LB Greg Ellis, will not be easy adding to total.

Bloom (125.25) LBs Zach Thomas and Kamerion Wimbley.

Unofficial results going into MNF... tec79 (125.00) and Sky Rattlers (122.25) eliminated. Bloom doesn't have to sweat out Wimbley.

I know my LBs have been lights out and my CBs were great yesterday. But eventually I will need something out of my DEs. They have a combined total of 26.25 points in three weeks...and that is all of them, not just the starters. Now that the teams are down to the final 8 and losing 2 every week, I'm going to have to get something from DE. A healthy Vanden Bosch would surely help.

I know my LBs have been lights out and my CBs were great yesterday. But eventually I will need something out of my DEs. They have a combined total of 26.25 points in three weeks...and that is all of them, not just the starters. Now that the teams are down to the final 8 and losing 2 every week, I'm going to have to get something from DE. A healthy Vanden Bosch would surely help.
Figures my team shows up the week after i'm eliminated. ;)

Congratulations to the Great Eight.

Bloom

Borbely

Bramel

Chaos Commish

Chainz

Crippler

Fullback Fro

Rozelle

The next two weeks will be extremely close. Good luck everybody.

Fabulous prizes and bragging rights await.

1st prize: Lifetime subscription, FBG Hoodie, FBG hat + FBG duffle bag + $250 cash

2nd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG Hoodie + $125 cash

3rd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $75 cash

4th prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $50 cash

5th - 8th prizes: 1 year subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

Yes. Getting something for just drafting is always fun.

Hope my team has not blown there load too early. These staff members are tough.

Yes, Borbeley. Looks like you could be the first staff casualty. Fro looks to join you.

Lots of close scores again this week. One more week to more than reach my goals. Thank god for my CB's so far. Each week, one has stepped up huge. Jammer tonight.

Unofficial results heading into Monday Nite...

FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls

Tony will be eliminated, Fullback Fro will need a HUGE game out of Vilma and Al Harris.

Attachments

• FBG_IDP_FINAL.xls
    145.5 KB · Views: 4
And we're down to the Super Six...

Crippler

Chaos Commish

Sigmund Bloom

Rozelle

Chainz

Jene Bramel

Two more eliminations this week before the final three week cumulative championship round. Who will finish on the bubble? Who will go on to fabulous bragging rights and prizes? :goodposting:

Fabulous prizes and bragging rights await. Good luck everybody.

1st prize: Lifetime subscription, FBG Hoodie, FBG hat + FBG duffel bag + $250 cash

2nd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG Hoodie + $125 cash

3rd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $75 cash

4th prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt + $50 cash

5th - 6th prizes: 1 year subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

7th Anthony Borbely

8th Fullback Fro -- 1 yr subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

Users who are viewing this thread