What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much Voter Fraud is Happening (3 Viewers)

Which is worse / which is MORE UNJUST?

• An illegitimate vote being counted

Votes: 73 27.4%
  • A legitimate vote not being counted

Votes: 193 72.6%

• Total voters
Busy cutting taxes to offset our health insurance increases. 
How precious it is that you think a) Trump had much of anything to do with this and b) the tax bill that repeals the personal mandate will do anything but balloon healthcare costs.  This is a foregone conclusion, because ensuring that healthy people were in the market through the mandate was the only thing keeping healthcare plans as low as they were.

So not only is this tax bill unlikely to lower your taxes, but it will inevitably raise your healthcare expenses.

How precious it is that you think a) Trump had much of anything to do with this and b) the tax bill that repeals the personal mandate will do anything but balloon healthcare costs.  This is a foregone conclusion, because ensuring that healthy people were in the market through the mandate was the only thing keeping healthcare plans as low as they were.

So not only is this tax bill unlikely to lower your taxes, but it will inevitably raise your healthcare expenses.
Thankfully you are very wrong here as my health insurance has skyrocketed already. 

Hopefully this is wrapped up soon and on to voter fraud.  :thumbup:

Thankfully you are very wrong here as my health insurance has skyrocketed already. 

Hopefully this is wrapped up soon and on to voter fraud.  :thumbup:
Yeah, the entire government sure has come to a standstill working on this one issue.  After it's done, they'll all stop everything else they're doing and get right on voter fraud.  

Any way to combine the Roy Moore Alabama voter fraud investigation with OJ Simpson's search for the real killers?

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

43s

BREAKING: White House says Trump issues executive order to dissolve presidential advisory commission on election integrity after many states refuse to provide information to the panel
The panel was supposed to be a POS anyway.

"Despite substantial evidence of voter fraud, many states have refused to provide the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity with basic information relevant to its inquiry," the White House said in a statement. "Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action."

"Despite substantial evidence of voter fraud, many states have refused to provide the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity with basic information relevant to its inquiry," the White House said in a statement. "Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action."
Maybe HT should have handed over all the evidence he had.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/new-hampshire-senate-passes-poll-tax-to-suppress-student-voting.html

New Hampshire Republicans, sick of (liberal) college kids voting in their elections, are trying to pass a law that would make them change their license and register their car in order to vote.
This is the Republican strategy nationwide. No need to change with the times and appeal to voters if you can simply stop allowing those who vote for your opponent to cast a ballot! 

NARRATOR: There was, in fact, no evidence of voter fraud in U.S. elections. In a related later development, Merriam-Webster added a sixth definition of the word “substantial” to include the antonym “nothingburger.”

I'm of the opinion that this has been decided for a while, and they were just waiting for a time to release the news and with all the crazy news going on today, they thought "Why the #### not?" and just threw it into the dumpster fire too.

I'm of the opinion that this has been decided for a while, and they were just waiting for a time to release the news and with all the crazy news going on today, they thought "Why the #### not?" and just threw it into the dumpster fire too.
Nah. This was never going to help anyone. Disbanding it isn't anything you ever had to hide.

This could also help explain the timing:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/24/politics/matthew-dunlap-voter-fraud-commission/index.html

A judge has ruled in favor of a member of President Donald Trump's voting commission who sued the panel, handing a preliminary victory to a critic who accused the panel of hiding its activities from view.

Maine Secretary of State Matthew Dunlap, a Democratic member of the panel tasked with investigating voter fraud, sued the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity last month in US District Court.

Dunlap argued that the panel should be subject to the Federal Advisory Committee Act, which requires commissions to be "fairly balanced in terms of the points of view represented" and that all materials from the commission are made available to its members.

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued an opinion Friday night siding largely with Dunlap and saying the panel should provide him with the documents he requested.

In a statement hailing the decision, Dunlap said it was a "vindication" of what he had fought for.

"This decision sets the commission on a path of redemption," Dunlap said. "My hope is that I and the other commissioners will finally be able to participate fully."

The commission is led by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach. It has come under sustained criticism since its inception, as has Trump for claiming without evidence that widespread voter fraud occurred in last year's presidential election and cost him the popular vote.

Dunlap argued in a Washington Post op-ed last month that the "commission is cloaking itself in secrecy" and doing so in violation of federal law.

He told the court that as a member of the commission, he had not had equal access to documents from the commission and requested a court order granting him access.

The judge on Friday provided Dunlap with a preliminary order backing his request for documents on the commission's activities.

In her opinion, Kollar-Kotelly wrote that to defend its decision not to provide Dunlap with the documents he requested, the panel had "erected and attacked a straw man, and offered in its place an outdated and indefensible view."

Messages left with Kobach's office and the White House were not immediately returned Sunday afternoon.

Over the summer, Kobach requested that each state provide the commission with information on voters. The judge's opinion said Dunlap should have received information ahead of Kobach's request.

At the commission's last meeting in New Hampshire, Kobach faced heat from state officials for statements he made about New Hampshire election practices. Dunlap also should have received information ahead of that meeting, the judge said.

The opinion also said the court would not monitor every document the commission provided to Dunlap, but said it "expects" the commission to comply.
The decision from the court (pdf)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad you get Kobach full time now :sadbanana:
I think @Bruce Dickinson and @Dedfin requested this story from me a while back, but this seems like the right time to share it.  I sent this to another friend on the board a while back so am just posting it wholesale from my message to him.

As you might recall, or possibly pushed far, far down in your brain, I was President of the Wellesley College Republicans. As a junior, my dear friend Jane (one of my 2-3 closest friends still, Brooklynite born and bred and Brooklynite again now, looks as sweet as pecan pie but is brilliant and ballsy and you would ####### LOVE HER) was the President and I was the Secretary. We went to the Massachusetts College Republican...I don't know, convention? Don't remember what it would be called. Whatever, where you would elect the statewide officers, set an agenda/plan, whatever.

Kris Kobach was there as the President of the Harvard College Republicans. There was a battle - I mean, a huge battle over something that NO ONE COULD POSSIBLY CARE ABOUT, COULD THEY? - over the Presidency of the MA state group. Two candidates. One was a guy from UMass- Amherst. I don't remember his name now. But he was a ####### Nazi. Oh, sorry - he was "alt-right." I mean, crazy, crazy stuff coming out of his mouth about what he thought the platform of the group should be.  

The other candidate was a moderate, brilliant guy from Harvard Law School. His name was Joe...something. Jane would remember; she remembers everything. Anyway, he was thoughtful and measured and reasonable and best of all NOT A NAZI.

You might see where this is going. Kris Kobach was the biggest proponent of the fascist guy. And Harvard, as you might expect, had the largest group of any of those in attendance. Did I mention that the voting was done proportionately based on how large your college group was? Anyway, he was the biggest proponent of #######, while we were pushing for Joe, as were others, but it was going to be close. Lots of speechifying, lots of attempted deal-making, and most of all lots of Roberts Rules of Order.  Seriously.  That was their biggest weapon to stifle any debate.

First, Kris tried to charm us, which might be a bit successful for a good-looking guy trying to sway our group from an all-women's college, but no.  Then Kris promised Jane that he'd ensure she was elected Secretary (a "lady's job") if we threw our votes the way he wanted. No way were we going that way, though. So votes were cast and the outcome was surprisingly close, but Joe prevailed. Yay!

Wait, Kris Kobach and his crew decided to protest the vote. And specifically, to protest the Wellesley votes. Because if he could get ours thrown out, ####### would win.

Basis for protest? Our membership numbers were falsified. We showed much higher membership that year than we had in prior years.

Who was responsible for our membership roll? Well, that would be the Secretary. Me.

What had happened to our membership? I wasn't too far removed from being a rah-rah cheerleader, and I had decided to try to generate enthusiasm for the group and increase membership. I did some of this through purely legitimate means - talking to people, getting people interested by letting them know we were "moderates", etc. And I also went through all the sign-up sheets from college events where we had signed people up in the last 3-4 years. That is, anyone who would still be at the school. If they ever signed up at any time, I added them back. If they sent me a note saying to take them off, I did. If they didn't, well, then they were members. So that last bit is maaaaaybe a little questionable. But #### Kris Kobach, you don't mess with me when it comes to having evidence and backup, and I had with me every sign-up sheet showing the legitimacy of every person on the list. I had evidence of every mailing we'd done. I'm sure I had other stuff I've forgotten, but #### you Kris Kobach. This was, not kidding, an hours-long process - replete with Robert's Rules of Order bull#### (RRofO being something I know nothing about and intend to keep that way), protests, and lots and lots and lots of threats - about SOMETHING NO ONE SHOULD CARE ABOUT, but #### Kris Kobach and we won.

Oh, and Jane was elected Secretary anyway, too. And later we saw Kobach again at a dinner event for Stewart Udall, where Udall had no interest in talking to Kobach and focused on Jane and me instead because we weren't #######s. And my friend Lynn took Kris to a Wellesley formal because he was good-looking and taller than she was, and though she did make out with him, she didn't enjoy it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think @Bruce Dickinson and @Dedfin requested this story from me a while back, but this seems like the right time to share it.  I sent this to another friend on the board a while back so am just posting it wholesale from my message to him.

As you might recall, or possibly pushed far, far down in your brain, I was President of the Wellesley College Republicans. As a junior, my dear friend Jane (one of my 2-3 closest friends still, Brooklynite born and bred and Brooklynite again now, looks as sweet as pecan pie but is brilliant and ballsy and you would ####### LOVE HER) was the President and I was the Secretary. We went to the Massachusetts College Republican...I don't know, convention? Don't remember what it would be called. Whatever, where you would elect the statewide officers, set an agenda/plan, whatever.

Kris Kobach was there as the President of the Harvard College Republicans. There was a battle - I mean, a huge battle over something that NO ONE COULD POSSIBLY CARE ABOUT, COULD THEY? - over the Presidency of the MA state group. Two candidates. One was a guy from UMass- Amherst. I don't remember his name now. But he was a ####### Nazi. Oh, sorry - he was "alt-right." I mean, crazy, crazy stuff coming out of his mouth about what he thought the platform of the group should be.  

The other candidate was a moderate, brilliant guy from Harvard Law School. His name was Joe...something. Jane would remember; she remembers everything. Anyway, he was thoughtful and measured and reasonable and best of all NOT A NAZI.

You might see where this is going. Kris Kobach was the biggest proponent of the fascist guy. And Harvard, as you might expect, had the largest group of any of those in attendance. Did I mention that the voting was done proportionately based on how large your college group was? Anyway, he was the biggest proponent of #######, while we were pushing for Joe, as were others, but it was going to be close. Lots of speechifying, lots of attempted deal-making, and most of all lots of Roberts Rules of Order.  Seriously.  That was their biggest weapon to stifle any debate.

First, Kris tried to charm us, which might be a bit successful for a good-looking guy trying to sway our group from an all-women's college, but no.  Then Kris promised Jane that he'd ensure she was elected Secretary (a "lady's job") if we threw our votes the way he wanted. No way were we going that way, though. So votes were cast and the outcome was surprisingly close, but Joe prevailed. Yay!

Wait, Kris Kobach and his crew decided to protest the vote. And specifically, to protest the Wellesley votes. Because if he could get ours thrown out, ####### would win.

Basis for protest? Our membership numbers were falsified. We showed much higher membership that year than we had in prior years.

Who was responsible for our membership roll? Well, that would be the Secretary. Me.

What had happened to our membership? I wasn't too far removed from being a rah-rah cheerleader, and I had decided to try to generate enthusiasm for the group and increase membership. I did some of this through purely legitimate means - talking to people, getting people interested by letting them know we were "moderates", etc. And I also went through all the sign-up sheets from college events where we had signed people up in the last 3-4 years. That is, anyone who would still be at the school. If they ever signed up at any time, I added them back. If they sent me a note saying to take them off, I did. If they didn't, well, then they were members. So that last bit is maaaaaybe a little questionable. But #### Kris Kobach, you don't mess with me when it comes to having evidence and backup, and I had with me every sign-up sheet showing the legitimacy of every person on the list. I had evidence of every mailing we'd done. I'm sure I had other stuff I've forgotten, but #### you Kris Kobach. This was, not kidding, an hours-long process - replete with Robert's Rules of Order bull#### (RRofO being something I know nothing about and intend to keep that way), protests, and lots and lots and lots of threats - about SOMETHING NO ONE SHOULD CARE ABOUT, but #### Kris Kobach and we won.

Oh, and Jane was elected Secretary anyway, too. And later we saw Kobach again at a dinner event for Stewart Udall, where Udall had no interest in talking to Kobach and focused on Jane and me instead because we weren't #######s. And my friend Lynn took Kris to a Wellesley formal because he was good-looking and taller than she was, and though she did make out with him, she didn't enjoy it.  
Mess with the bulldoll, you get the horns.

Users who are viewing this thread