Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Orange Crush

How much Voter Fraud is Happening

VOTER FRAUD vs. VOTE DISENFRANCHISEMENT  

415 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

Beth Stevens has a political agenda .. did you think Democrats wouldn't contest ?

"There is no credible data" ... yes, the data is there, its been turned over.

if Whitley is right "f approximately 95,000 individuals identified by DPS as non-U.S. citizens have a matching voter registration record in Texas, approximately 58,000 of whom have voted in one or more Texas elections," ........................... if those number prove accurate, then what say people of the USA on voter fraud?

If you look through the history of this thread, you'll find dozens of examples of Republicans attempting to use this "discrepancy strategy" to prove voter fraud.

However, once the data is thoroughly analyzed, they'll find that 99.99% of the "discrepancies" can be explained by one or more of the following:

1. misidentification (citizens with names that are similar to non-citizens).
  2. people who moved.
  3. non-citizens who are in the process of becoming citizens (i.e., they will be fully eligible to vote by election day).
  4. non-citizens who legally voted in local elections.
  5. non-citizens who were mistakenly placed on the roll but were already removed (and never came close to actually voting).

This dog-and-pony show happens over and over again. Agenda-driven right-wingers create an attention-grabbing headline; it generates outrage among conservatives; the faux story spreads via social media; and then by the time the truth gets reported, everyone has forgotten all about it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So, I won't be surprised if the same thing is happening here. We've seen it all before.

And once the truth is revealed, then conservatives will just shift the goalpost to a new talking point -- either "Discrepancies are just as bad as voter fraud!" or (if they actually do find one or two illegal voters) "See! One illegal vote is proof that we need strict voter ID laws!!"

Anyway, to answer your question: if it turns out that 58,000 non-citizens successfully cast illegal votes, then it would absolutely be a systematic failure that should lead to changes in the law.

However, if the analysis shows that only a handful of voters got through the firewall, then I'd say that it shows once again that the system is working and that Republicans are disingenuously twisting the facts to push a false narrative.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

do you just blindly believe all propaganda?  do you actually read anything for yourself?

To be fair, he appears to read the propaganda almost compulsively.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

If you look through the history of this thread, you'll find dozens of examples of Republicans attempting to use this "discrepancy strategy" to prove voter fraud.

However, once the data is thoroughly analyzed, they'll find that 99.99% of the "discrepancies" can be explained by one or more of the following:

2. people who moved.
  3. non-citizens who are in the process of becoming citizens (i.e., they will be fully eligible to vote by election day).
  5. non-citizens who were mistakenly placed on the roll but were already removed (and never came close to actually voting).

This dog-and-pony show happens over and over again. Agenda-driven right-wingers create an attention-grabbing headline; it generates outrage among conservatives; the faux story spreads via social media; and then by the time the truth gets reported, everyone has forgotten all about it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So, I won't be surprised if the same thing is happening here. We've seen it all before.

And once the truth is revealed, then conservatives will just shift the goalpost to a new talking point -- either "Discrepancies are just as bad as voter fraud!" or (if they actually do find one or two illegal voters) "See! One illegal vote is proof that we need strict voter ID laws!!"

Anyway, to answer your question: if it turns out that 58,000 non-citizens successfully cast illegal votes, then it would absolutely be a systematic failure that should lead to changes in the law.

However, if the analysis shows that only a handful of voters got through the firewall, then I'd say that it shows once again that the system is working and that Republicans are disingenuously twisting the facts to push a false narrative.

Let's pin this to the top of the thread and  close it down.

Great posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, [scooter] said:

I'll agree to that

What a shocking development. I don't think anyone could have seen this coming.

County Officials: State List of Suspect Voters has Significant Errors

Lists of potential noncitizen voters, provided by the Texas secretary of state’s office for investigations into possible voting irregularity, contain a “significant” number of names that should not have been included, county elections officials said Tuesday.

Chris Davis, Williamson County’s elections administrator, said a secretary of state employee told his office Tuesday morning that the list includes names of people who registered to vote at Department of Public Safety offices, “and we were to remove them from the list and consider them citizens.”

The secretary of state originally provided a list of 2,033 Williamson County residents who had registered to vote and may be non-U.S. citizens.

Asked how many names will be removed, Davis said: “I can’t speculate right now. ... I know it’s significant.”

Bruce Elfant, Travis County’s tax assessor-collector, said employees were still trying to determine how many of the 4,547 names provided by the state will have to be removed from the list.

“I’m convinced that the list will be significantly less than what they sent to Travis County,” he said. “I can’t tell you what that is yet.”

According to the secretary of state’s office, Elfant said, the list included two categories of names that had to be addressed — one that listed people who registered to vote at a DPS office and needed to be removed immediately, and one that included people who could have become naturalized U.S. citizens at some point and needed to be treated with care because they would be eligible to vote.

“I want to give people the benefit of doubt that they did the best they can when they compiled this data,” Elfant said. “But we haven’t done this before, and they’re learning and we’re learning as we go. They made this allegation that a lot of people on the voter registration rolls are not citizens, and we have an obligation to learn what the truth is here.”

Asked to discuss the new directions given to counties, which are in charge of voter registration, the secretary of state’s office issued a written statement.

“As part of the process of ensuring that no eligible voters are impacted by any list maintenance activity, we are continuing to provide information to the counties to assist them in verifying eligibility of Texas voters,” spokesman Sam Taylor said. “This is to ensure that any registered voters who provided proof of citizenship at the time they registered to vote will not be required to provide proof of citizenship as part of the counties’ examination.”

Also Tuesday, a Hispanic advocacy group filed a federal lawsuit that accuses state officials of leading a “carefully crafted” attack on the voting rights of legally registered Texans, particularly Latinos, by claiming there has been a possible rash of non-U.S. citizen voter participation.

Filed in San Antonio, the lawsuit by the League of United Latin American Citizens and its Texas branch asked U.S. District Judge Fred Biery to prohibit state officials from pursuing efforts to remove names from the voting rolls and declare that the attempt is a violation the Voting Rights Act.

“The pretextual facade of concern about voter fraud provides no cover for the voter intimidation at work here,” the lawsuit said.

LULAC sued Texas Secretary of State David Whitley, who on Friday sent an advisory telling county officials that newly acquired data indicated that as many as 95,000 noncitizens may have registered to vote, and Attorney General Ken Paxton, who publicized the advisory by saying his office was ready to investigate “crimes against the democratic process.”

• Like 2

"I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

-Paul Weyrich, one of the founders of the Heritage Foundation in 1980.

What Turtle Boy is openly saying on the Senate floor is treasonous. He and other Republican's that follow or worship the Heritage Foundation praise the above quote. How grotesque are these followers?

On 1/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, Stealthycat said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/25/texas-election-official-95-000-non-citizens-found-voter-rolls/2683399002/

Texas' top elections officer: 95,000 non-citizens found on state's voter rolls

"Through this evaluation, the Texas Secretary of State's office discovered that a total of approximately 95,000 individuals identified by DPS as non-U.S. citizens have a matching voter registration record in Texas, approximately 58,000 of whom have voted in one or more Texas elections," Whitley said in a Friday news release.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/30/690023531/texas-officials-begin-walking-back-allegations-about-noncitizen-voters

Texas Officials Begin Walking Back Allegations About Noncitizen Voters

January 30, 20193:13 PM ET

Texas officials are taking a step back on their claim they found 95,000 possible noncitizens in the state's voter rolls. They say it is possible many of the people on their list should not be there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

On 1/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, Stealthycat said:
On 1/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, [scooter] said:

I'll agree to that

And while this number is already not standing up too well to scrutiny I think we should point out that any non citizen that successfully cast an illegal vote in Texas did it despite a requirement to present ID.

8 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

And while this number is already not standing up too well to scrutiny I think we should point out that any non citizen that successfully cast an illegal vote in Texas did it despite a requirement to present ID.

Texas, c. 2025:  "We have determined that the only way to guarantee zero voter fraud is not to let anyone vote."

• Like 3

if that article was wrong, I'll call it what it is absolutely, we'll see what the final numbers are at some point I imagine

33 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

if that article was wrong, I'll call it what it is absolutely, we'll see what the final numbers are at some point I imagine

Small sample size but lol

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/elections/state-all-on-local-list-of-potential-noncitizen-voters-are/article_20771942-538d-506d-bcad-7e7ca79e261d.html

State: All 366 on local list of potential noncitizen voters are citizens

By the time local elections officials downloaded a list of 366 registered voters the Texas Secretary of State’s Office initially said may not be citizens, the office had called to tell them to disregard the list, Elections Administrator Kathy Van Wolfe said.

3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

:lmao:

Havent been in this thread in a while.....not much has changed eh?

i showed up on a list of transgender communist axe-murdering illegal immigrants carrying ebola and voted anyway.

1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

In three months this story will be like it never existed. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

but will be recited over and over again is if it did and was proof of something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

but will be recited over and over again is if it did and was proof of something.

I suspect we'll start hearing about it again in the summer of 2020. Only by then it will be irrelevant that it happened in a state that already requires a photo voter ID.

2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I suspect we'll start hearing about it again in the summer of 2020. Only by then it will be irrelevant that it happened in a state that already requires a photo voter ID.

And that it didn't actually happen.

Just now, Henry Ford said:
3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

And that it didn't actually happen.

Well yeah, those are the facts as we sit here in 2019.  But in a year and a half it will be 3 million mexican rapists voted illegally - for the Democrats! just as they planned.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/01/texas-citizenship-voter-roll-review-how-it-turned-boondoggle/

Someone did not do their due diligence." How an attempt to review Texas' voter rolls turned into a debacle

Texas officials flagged 95,000 voters for citizenship reviews. But after thousands have already been cleared, questions are being raised about how they handled the process.

13 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

For the people that put this claim out there (Sec of State, Texas I think), why would they think that the situation in Texas is different than other, similar claims?  Maybe they didn't care...

Just now, The Z Machine said:
13 hours ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

For the people that put this claim out there (Sec of State, Texas I think), why would they think that the situation in Texas is different than other, similar claims?  Maybe they didn't care...

I think the tactic has worked pretty well, based on the amount of outrage that the latest headline has generated. Their primary goal is to use the outrage to pass new legislation. But even if they fail to pass any new laws, the very least they can do is motivate the base.

Trump used this story to falsely claim that 58,000 illegals have voted. He still has not corrected or apologized for that lie. As long as the fake news circulates among the base, then the tactic will have been a success.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

They should all be prosecuted for election interference.

Yeah, I know.

3 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

They should all be prosecuted for election interference.

Yeah, I know.

Unfortunately, fraudulent election fraud is no big deal to today's GOP. In fact it's encouraged. 

Not just on this issue, either. 

One big pile of shameless fraudsters, the lot of them. 

• Like 2

EVIDENTIARY HEARING CALLED TO ORDER

Update, 10:02 a.m.

The evidentiary hearing is underway. State Board of Elections Chairman Bob Cordle called the hearing to order.

ELECTIONS DIRECTOR: CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION TO CONTINUE

Update, 10:22 a.m.

“A coordinated, unlawful and substantially resourced absentee ballot scheme operated” during the 9th district election, N.C. State Board of Elections executive director Kim Strach told the board Monday.

Investigators conducted 142 interviews and obtained financial records and other documents.

“The criminal investigation will continue to go on after today,” Strach said. “It’s not just about those that have been returned. It’s potentially about those that haven’t been returned,” Strach says.

In Bladen, 595 absentee ballots were unreturned, and 1,493 were not returned in Robeson.

She acknowledged people might not return ballots for other reasons, like forgetting or deciding to vote in person. But Strach said the major absentee ballot irregularities were limited to Bladen and Robeson counties. 

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/politics-government/article226263495.html

2 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

The evidentiary hearing is underway. State Board of Elections Chairman Bob Cordle called the hearing to order.

“A coordinated, unlawful and substantially resourced absentee ballot scheme operated” during the 9th district election, N.C. State Board of Elections executive director Kim Strach told the board Monday.

Investigators conducted 142 interviews and obtained financial records and other documents.

“The criminal investigation will continue to go on after today,” Strach said. “It’s not just about those that have been returned. It’s potentially about those that haven’t been returned,” Strach says.

In Bladen, 595 absentee ballots were unreturned, and 1,493 were not returned in Robeson.

She acknowledged people might not return ballots for other reasons, like forgetting or deciding to vote in person. But Strach said the major absentee ballot irregularities were limited to Bladen and Robeson counties. 

The perpetrators of this crime are the ones that need to go to prison.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, Officer Pete Malloy said:

This is something again that shows a bit of the double standard.  We get calls for people to apologize for reacting to the Smollett reporting...but are silent on those who jumped in believing the fraud here that had to be walked back as crap.  And in this case it was intentional in putting out false information 

Edited by sho nuff

Britt said that most of the ballots had the congressional race and sheriff’s race filled out, as those were the major elections that topped the ballots. She said that Dowless’ cohort would fill in the empty votes for more minor, down-ballot races.

“Basically what we would do — what I would do — is to submit the vote for whoever was the Republican,” Britt testified.

Britt said that they would tamper with the ballots at Dowless’ home or office.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

Crazy that the folks howling about voter fraud are actually the ones committing voter fraud. What's next, howling that the other side has colluded with the Russians means that they are actually the ones colluding?

Right, silly me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Crazy that the folks howling about voter fraud are actually the ones committing voter fraud. What's next, howling that the other side has colluded with the Russians means that they are actually the ones colluding?

Right, silly me.

The crazy thing to me is how non-upset folks are who regularly rail on the media for getting stories wrong when they're liberally-motivated, but don't make a peep about stories like this that are repeatedly wrong, and several of which have been propagated by our POTUS, using government resources to investigate, that ended up being a trainwreck, waste of resources, and lies all around.

But they'll unload on a story on CNN or twitter on other topics.

2 minutes ago, adonis said:

The crazy thing to me is how non-upset folks are who regularly rail on the media for getting stories wrong when they're liberally-motivated, but don't make a peep about stories like this that are repeatedly wrong, and several of which have been propagated by our POTUS, using government resources to investigate, that ended up being a trainwreck, waste of resources, and lies all around.

Same as day one. 

3 minutes ago, adonis said:

Bof sidez!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, adonis said:

Said the same thing above...the media and AOC are bad...yet the GOP pushes these knowingly bogus stories as does POTUS and nothing...complete silence.

(CNN)A North Carolina woman testified Monday that she illegally picked up and falsified absentee ballots in a 2018 congressional election under the direction of a political operative who was working on behalf of the race's Republican candidate.

In the first day of the North Carolina State Board of Elections hearing into election irregularities in the 9th District race, Lisa Britt detailed how the operation worked. The race is the last undecided contest from the 2018 midterm election and the North Carolina seat remains open amid allegations of fraud.

The state board of elections voted not to certify the results in which Republican Mark Harris, a Baptist minister, led Democrat Dan McCready, a businessman and retired Marine, by 905 votes. The decision to not certify stemmed from the board's investigation into bizarre results involving absentee ballots.

North Carolina elections officials, as well as local and state prosecutors, are investigating allegations of fraud that could involve suppressing or tampering with absentee ballots.

North Carolina requires a witness to sign an absentee ballot, and usually they are family members or friends. But a CNN review in the 9th District race found three witnesses signed more than 40 ballots each, another signed 30 and three other people signed more than 10 apiece.

The focus of the election board probe is Bladen County, where operative Leslie McRae Dowless led a loosely connected group involved in questionable absentee ballot activity.

Britt said in her testimony she was paid by Dowless, her former stepfather, to collect absentee ballots. Dowless is a convicted felon who was hired by a consulting firm paid by the Harris campaign, and is at the center of allegations that absentee ballots were tampered with.

Previous statements from Dowless' attorney have denied any illegal activity.

Britt testified that she did not believe Harris had any knowledge of the operation.

"I think you've got one innocent person in this whole thing who had no clue to what was going on, and he's getting it really bad here -- and that's Mr. Mark Harris. And it's terrible," Britt said.

Britt stated she was paid at least $150 per 50 absentee ballots she collected. Collecting absentee ballots is illegal in North Carolina.

She also admitted that she signed absentee ballots as a witness when she did not witness the voter filling it out. Britt said she forged her mother's signature on between seven and nine ballots to "not raise red flags" that the same people were signed as witnesses on too many absentee ballots.

Britt said she did all of this under the instruction and often supervision of Dowless.

Britt testified that, following the election, Dowless invited workers to his home and told them not to admit to collecting ballots.

She said that Dowless told the group that, "as long as we stick together, we'll all be fine because they don't have anything on us." She added that the only reason she was collecting absentee ballots, which is illegal to do in North Carolina, was because Dowless paid her to do it.

The state board of elections presented a slide that showed a text message with a photo of a letter that Britt said Dowless sent her last Thursday, discussing this week's hearing. Britt testified that Dowless told Britt and her mother to read the statement at the hearing Monday.

The letter seen on the text said, "I can tell you that I haven't done anything wrong in the election and McCrae Dowless has never told me to do anything wrong, and to my knowledge he has never done anything wrong, but I am taking the 5th Amendment because I don't have an attorney and I feel like you will try to trip me up. I am taking the 5th."

Britt was the first witness called in what could be a three-day hearing that may decide the outcome of the election. This case could potentially lead to another election being held for the state's 9th District House seat. McCready initially conceded, but later withdrew his concession after he saw the "criminal activity come to light," he said, and called on Harris to tell voters what he knew and when

Britt's penalty should be somewhat lenient for cooperating.  The rest of them, especially the ring leader and candidate, if shown complicit, should get hard time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Said the same thing above...the media and AOC are bad...yet the GOP pushes these knowingly bogus stories as does POTUS and nothing...complete silence.

A major ally of Trump's posts a picture of a judge with crosshairs on it.

But the outrage is for an actor who may have perpetrated a criminal hoax.

Our POTUS has said he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies, and people are more pissed about kids being incorrectly accused of racism on social media.

Person, after person, associated with Trump during his campaign have been indicted, several pleading guilty, several found guilty, all of whom are exhibiting terribly bad behavior, all rotating around Russia...and the only kind of outrage the right can muster is towards the "liberal media".

POTUS invents an emergency, and we hear nothing.  He admits he didn't have to do it when announcing it, and the right is quiet.  He spends many days posting about what's on TV and this is normal.  He doesn't typically read his PDB...he sends family members, wholly unqualified, to represent the US abroad on major issues.  He doesn't accept scientific data about threats to our country.

But all the outrage is directed at the media, at "fake news".  It's almost as if Trump and his base are running a huge misdirection on conservatives, hiding truly reprehensible and worrisome behavior in plain sight, but pointing to more trivial wrongs and making those the focus of their supporters.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Right, silly me.

Just about everything out of Trump's, Trump's people, and the Republicans for a long time when complaining about other people, Dems especially, Trump et al., have been guilty of doing. They keep saying the Dems do this, that, and the other, so when Republicans have to face the music for their illegal activities, their side will simply say, "both sides do it." They are lessening and weakening their own illegal activities so people just shrug it off later on. I don't think young people in this country are falling for it.

24 minutes ago, adonis said:

A major ally of Trump's posts a picture of a judge with crosshairs on it.

But the outrage is for an actor who may have perpetrated a criminal hoax.

Our POTUS has said he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies, and people are more pissed about kids being incorrectly accused of racism on social media.

Person, after person, associated with Trump during his campaign have been indicted, several pleading guilty, several found guilty, all of whom are exhibiting terribly bad behavior, all rotating around Russia...and the only kind of outrage the right can muster is towards the "liberal media".

POTUS invents an emergency, and we hear nothing.  He admits he didn't have to do it when announcing it, and the right is quiet.  He spends many days posting about what's on TV and this is normal.  He doesn't typically read his PDB...he sends family members, wholly unqualified, to represent the US abroad on major issues.  He doesn't accept scientific data about threats to our country.

But all the outrage is directed at the media, at "fake news".  It's almost as if Trump and his base are running a huge misdirection on conservatives, hiding truly reprehensible and worrisome behavior in plain sight, but pointing to more trivial wrongs and making those the focus of their supporters.  

Damn :goodposting:

18 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Just about everything out of Trump's, Trump's people, and the Republicans for a long time when complaining about other people, Dems especially, Trump et al., have been guilty of doing. They keep saying the Dems do this, that, and the other, so when Republicans have to face the music for their illegal activities, their side will simply say, "both sides do it." They are lessening and weakening their own illegal activities so people just shrug it off later on. I don't think young people in this country are falling for it.

I'm over 50 and not falling for it. Then again, I'm not beholden to any particular mindset or political affiliations. 

5 hours ago, Lutherman2112 said:

BUT WHAT ABOUT NEW HAMPSHIRE?

28 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

I don't think young people in this country are falling for it.

Sadly, I know too many young people that love Trump.

I don’t think it has to do with age.  I think it’s all about [can’t say why I believe people fell/fall for Trump* lest I get banned again]

*rhymes with “schmacism and frupidity

Not sure where the put this, but Brookings interviewed Stacey Abrams and it was wonderful. I really like her and I hope we are fortunate enough to have her leadership in the future.

https://www.brookings.edu/podcast-episode/podcast-stacey-abrams-on-how-to-overcome-voter-suppression/

Might not crack the top 50 scandals in this "Administration", but it'd be near #1 for most other Presidents.  Federal Judge finds Commerce Secretary acted in bad faith and tried to hide motives in implementing blatantly unconstitutional tinkering with the census specifically in order to under count minorities and improve GOP electoral chances.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross acted in “bad faith,” broke several laws and violated the constitutional underpinning of representative democracy when he added a citizenship question to the 2020 Census, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

In finding a breach of the Constitution’s enumeration clause, which requires a census every 10 years to determine each state’s representation in Congress, the 126-page ruling by U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg in San Francisco went further than a similar decision on Jan. 15 by Judge Jesse Furman in New York.

The Supreme Court has already agreed to review Furman’s narrower decision, with arguments set for April 23, but may now need to expand its inquiry to constitutional dimensions.

The Commerce Department did not respond to requests for comment.

The administration has been on the losing end of scores of court decisions involving immigration issues since President Trump took office. But the census case has taken on special significance because it strikes at the heart of the United States’ form of government and because of what Seeborg described as a “strong showing of bad faith” by a Cabinet secretary who, influenced in part by White House advisers, tried to conceal his motives.

[snip]

Unable to find any expert in the Census Bureau who approved of his plan to add the citizenship question, Seeborg wrote, Ross engaged in a “cynical search to find some reason, any reason” to justify the decision.

He was fully aware that the question would produce a census undercount, particularly among Latinos, the judge said.

That would have probably reduced the representation in Congress — and thus in the electoral college that decides the presidency — of states with significant immigrant populations, notably California.

You know.  Maybe there's something to this whole electoral fraud thing after all.  North Carolina and now this.  Probably time to tap into RICO and bring down the criminal enterprise responsible.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

On 1/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, [scooter] said:
On 1/27/2019 at 7:04 AM, Stealthycat said:

Beth Stevens has a political agenda .. did you think Democrats wouldn't contest ?

"There is no credible data" ... yes, the data is there, its been turned over.

if Whitley is right "f approximately 95,000 individuals identified by DPS as non-U.S. citizens have a matching voter registration record in Texas, approximately 58,000 of whom have voted in one or more Texas elections," ........................... if those number prove accurate, then what say people of the USA on voter fraud?

2. people who moved.

And.........Texas retracts claim of voter fraud

From the article:

"On Friday, Whitley quietly promised to rescind his January advisory and halt Texas’ voter purge as part of a settlement with multiple voting rights groups. The factual basis of Paxton and Trump’s tweets has been not just undermined, but fully revoked. Friday’s settlement is a good reminder to be incredibly skeptical of government officials who make eye-popping claims of voter fraud and whose partisan interests are at stake. Over and over and over again, these claims are later proved to be extremely dubious—if not outright false."

:bowtie:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Aha!!!! CAUGHT RED HANDED!!! The Democrats will finally PAY for.....oh wait.

BREAKING: A staffer for former GOP Congressman Scott Taylor has been indicted for election fraud in connection with a scheme to submit forged petition signatures to get a 3rd party candidate on the ballot to siphon votes from Democratic Rep. Elaine Luria.

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime/article_ce77b7d6-45d7-11e9-9981-f3402f13d9fd.html

• Thinking 1

I guess we don't have a "Kris Kobach is horrible" thread, so I'll just put this here...

Republican party preparing to undermine Kris Kobach if he runs for Senate

NRSC officials have told Kansas Republicans privately that if Kobach enters the race, the committee would get involved to make sure he doesn’t make it past the primary, multiple sources told The Star.

The Senate Leadership Fund, a super political action committee run by allies of Mitch McConnell, also will not rule out an effort to keep Kobach from winning the GOP nomination.

“We haven’t made any decisions about engaging in Kansas, but given the party’s loss in the gubernatorial race last year, it is vitally important that we put our best foot forward in the Senate race,” said Jack Pandol, spokesman for the fund, in a statement.

“I’m confident there would be steps taken inside the White House and among other Republicans to head off yet another Kris Kobach disaster,” David Kensinger, who has managed successful statewide campaigns in Kansas for Roberts and former Gov. Sam Brownback.

Some Republicans in Washington and Topeka are fed up with Kobach after a long series of political stumbles, dating back to his failed run against Democratic Rep. Dennis Moore in 2004 and his tumultuous tenure as chairman of the Kansas Republican Party later that decade during which the party struggled with financial problems.

His 2018 loss in the race for governor was the final straw.