What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:"MIA"..no Dynasty watch article . .week # 13 (paid content (1 Viewer)

Sanboy

Footballguy
another week of MIA listing for the DYNASTY WATCH article ..

( meaning its not listed on the upcoming content )

I have already talked to Bloom and Cecil and both of them were going to look and see why its starting to become a trend that the WATCH article is MIA ...

seems like the writers are writing but the ??? are the posters ..

DODDS you out there . ????

I know the incredible amount of work it must be to post everything without error .. none of use are perfect .. just wondering why the Dynasty Watch article seems to be MIA and not reguarley schedualed anymore ( starting from week # 10 when it was missed all together .. even the writers were baffled that week )

Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks in a row, sad to see this not being fixed permanently considering the large amount of subscribers. It would be nice to see this corrected and not have to harp on this yet again for a 4th week next week.

I find it very odd/ disappionting that DODDS who is in charge of the posting of content .. will not respond atleast to give us the heads up as to what is going on ..

the writers themselves dont even seem to know why its MIA from week to week now

Don't really want to pile on, but as a subscriber the Dynasty material is one of the things I pay to read.

I agree. The few weekly dynasty articles are what I look forward to the most (and the only things that I read religiously). I wish there were more of them.

and yet still no word from FBG HEAD" S .. wierd
Try sending Dodds a PM.
been there done that tried that in week # 9 .. never got a response ... tried again last week and tried again this week he doesnt seem to respond ..... all the writers have responded ( Bloom ,Cecil, Jeff T ) .. no one seems to know what is going on except that they write and Dodds post.. LOL DODDS you out there ?

To be honest I doubt I will subscribe again next year unless the dynasty portion of the site is revamped and consistent. I'm wise enough to figure out who to start and who has talent, etc. I do appreciate the help from a "deep sleeper/players to watch out for" standpoint.

$25+ is nothing to shake a stick at.

well I for one .. am not trying to dis-respect or start " something " .....I appreciate all the work everyone does .. I am very impressed by many of the writers and FBG personal .. I have had personal messages with many of them .. and all of them are CLASS ACTS .. but its little things like this .. that make people scratch their heads

and it seems the HIGHER UP's arent willing to answer a simple question . about why from week to week the dynasty stuff is MIA . .and that is troubling ..

One thing about the Dynasty Watch is that the faces of the contributors are repopulating themselves. It's like playing the Black-eyed Joe game of memory.

Hang on guys. Sorry about the breakdown in communication - let me get with David and I'll get an answer for you on what we're doing there.

J

With so much work to post each week, I generally copy the link from the previous link and change the week number (after we format the piece). The Dynasty Watch piece has been a sporadic entry because we have received it at different times (Wednesday afternoon, Thursday late, missed one week I think, etc).

So if the piece is not done when I would expect to add the link, it can get forgotten. That's essentially what has happened a few times here. This is an article we want to have each week. Let me get with Will Grant who heads up this effort to make sure this piece always gets turned in on Wednesday night. That's the key to it not being lost in the slew of articles we post each week.

JOE / DODDS

thank you for your response last week on this subject

looks like we missed this week again ...

just wanted to make sure the correction does indeed still get put into motion

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

With nearly all of the articles repeating every week on the same day, it is strange that Dynasty Watch has been a problem for the last 4 weeks. High demand, low supply.

One month to eliminate the problem is plenty, something else is going on here. Unsatisfactory IMO.

Other than that....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

The page is there but the link is not. If you go to week 8 to the link and then change the 8 you can get to every week.

I think week 10 does not exist or week 13 but I was expecting anything on Turkey Day

anything from JOE or DODDs again ..

did any of the writers from this week ? was there a contribution ... but it just wasnt posted

Chachi said:
You're a major tool. First you tell me I am a moron because I like drunk drivers, yet you didn't know a drunk driver killed my baby brother... Now you're the spelling police. A simple apology about the drunk driver comment would have sufficed but you're too big of a man to do that.
I'm not sure what you are referring to, I did not know that a drunk driver killed your baby brother. I am sincerely sorry about that.

any chance we could keep the posting hijacking to a min

i understand what Dodds was saying about copying the links .. but this is starting to get pathetic ... that its every single week .

anything from JOE or DODDs again .. did any of the writers from this week ? was there a contribution ... but it just wasnt posted
Bloom and I were on the schedule, I turned mine in Monday night (my haircut knows tings - is that you 5ish?)I'm very confident Bloom turned in his portion. If it does not get posted I'll put it in the Shark Pool like I did last time when my piece was strangely missing.

I think more than this being missing you have a growing audience craving dynasty league tidbits more than if player x does well he goes up the rankings and down if he does bad. Who do you think MIGHT change tiers in the future? Who are good stash and hope guys and who can we give up on? Another big thing DURING the season is to get a feel for present vs future value rather than simply rating them. Hmm what else ... maybe upside/downside guys vs. safe options.

just a update to everyone else

got a response from JOE today and he said he was going to touch base with DODDS once again .. as to why it was missed again

seems really wierd since one of the writers said again that his part was submitted this MONDAY !

I realize that this is a popular article, so allow me to shed some light on this.

Will Grant pulls all of this content together from several people. Since it is a collaborative effort, he tries to wait for all input(s) to send it over to Clayton or David for review and posting it to the site.

I asked Will what was up this week and he said he received all the content on Wednesday AM but was unable to pull everything together on his end until later on Wednesday. There was another early deadline this week which makes it quite hard to get it all done and posted in time since there are several writers.

Due to several Thanksgiving obligations it wasn't posted - yet.

I'm sure it will eventually get added.

In the interim, if people are looking for Dynasty content, we have quite a bit already.

Dynasty Shopping Mall - Tefertiller

Monopoly - Pasquino/Tefertiller

Dynasty IDP Buy Low / Sell High - Borbely

Hopefully that's enough to tide you over for now.

I will say that I'll be helping out more here if I can to get these done and wrapped up the rest of the year.

Do look for the January end of year editions as well where we review every player that has been mentioned in the Dynasty Watch this season and their 2009 (and beyond) outlook.

:thumbup:You guys do a great job and I understand the reason behind the delay due to the circumstance. To be honest, you guys offer so much content that I didn't realize that you guys were late on anything.Sanboy, with all due respect, you're embarrassing yourself. I understand, like many of us, you're paying customer, but really?

:own3d: You guys do a great job and I understand the reason behind the delay due to the circumstance. To be honest, you guys offer so much content that I didn't realize that you guys were late on anything.

Sanboy, with all due respect, you're embarrassing yourself. I understand, like many of us, you're paying customer, but really?
Really? you don't like to get what you pay for? If you went to Burger King and ordered a burger fries and a coke and they left off the fries....would you say well at least I got my burger and my drink(and the same thing happened at that same Burger King every week)......i don't think you would!

:thumbup: You guys do a great job and I understand the reason behind the delay due to the circumstance. To be honest, you guys offer so much content that I didn't realize that you guys were late on anything.Sanboy, with all due respect, you're embarrassing yourself. I understand, like many of us, you're paying customer, but really?
You are way off base here. I'd love to have customers with as much patience as Sanboy. He has shown nothing but respect for the staff. Seriously, after 4 weeks, the last thing you should hear is that it will eventually get added.

I appreciate the response Jeff P ............stuff happens .. just seems wierd its always the one article ... but believe me I understand Life and / situations come up that effect things

as for Slinger its not worth it .... lets leave it at that and keep laughing at advertised ignorance ..... good luck Slinger. if you have nothing good to say .. just dont say anything ...

I'm going to start writing Dark Phoenix (college sleepers) again next year, I know a lot of dynasty players have been asking me about that. :football:

ALSO, we made a change to the writing schedule to get this Dynasty Watch done even sooner. :lmao:

:shrug:You guys do a great job and I understand the reason behind the delay due to the circumstance. To be honest, you guys offer so much content that I didn't realize that you guys were late on anything.Sanboy, with all due respect, you're embarrassing yourself. I understand, like many of us, you're paying customer, but really?
You sound very liberal here.

:popcorn:You guys do a great job and I understand the reason behind the delay due to the circumstance. To be honest, you guys offer so much content that I didn't realize that you guys were late on anything.Sanboy, with all due respect, you're embarrassing yourself. I understand, like many of us, you're paying customer, but really?
Sanboy was very respectful in this thread, his questions are legit and he followed all the correct channels.There's no need for you to apologize for FBGs making an admitted mistake.

thank you BOOT ...

and I agree I have nothing but respect for everyone on here .. and I even talked to Joe B this morning on the subject ......

the writers themselves seem confused at times when their work is lost in the cracks .. so i think this post helps everyone

Users who are viewing this thread