Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2Young2BBald

It It Better to Take a Trampoline Down in Winter?

10 posts in this topic

Living in the midwest, I am inclined to take the thing down, but the memories of just what a PIA it was to set up are still with me. Plus, we can get a warm few days where it could be used.

It's less hassle just to clear the snow off of it as needed. Anchor that thing down, though. A good wind caught mine and blew it over my roof and into the neighbor's driveway.

Living in the midwest, I am inclined to take the thing down, but the memories of just what a PIA it was to set up are still with me. Plus, we can get a warm few days where it could be used.

I have left a trampoline out for 8 years without a problem in Michiagan. The springs are getting a bit rusty but a little WD-40 on the springs and you are good to go.If we got a little too much snow I would just clear it off. Othwise it bowed a bit but held up fine.

I can't imagine five feet of snow would tax it more than your momma would.

Isn't this a Jeff Foxworthy skit? "When you leave your trampoline up all winter. . . ."

This is the best you could come up with?

Just turn it upside down. Problem solved.

This is the best you could come up with?
Yes...while still remaining "excellent".We can't answer your question without knowing the number of springs and their specs, the amount of snow/rain you anticipate, and the surface area of your trampoline. Given that, someone might do the mickymat and determine an answer.

Growing up in Michigan, I noticed that a lot of people had trampolines that they left out in the winter. I'm sorry but rusty, winter trampoline guy is about the same as summer Christmas lights guy. Just take it down.