What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Misfits and Outlaws "SUPER-flex HP" XFFL--new dynasty league (1 Viewer)

ravnzfan

Footballguy
I'll get the details up in the next week or 2, but I've been asked if we're drafting any new leagues next season

I'm open to starting SUPER-flex 3, if there is enough interest

basics are:

14 team dynasty league...draft 22 players, cut to 20 August 1st...in season IR for any player IR'd by their NFL team

start:

QB--2RB--2WR/TE--2flex--K--D

flex 1= RB-WR-TE

flex 2= any position (SUPER-flex spot)

scoring is .04/yd passing, .1/yr rush/rec

PPR:

RB=.5

WR=1.0

TE=1.5

cost is $115/yr....

payout $1400 in playoff money(8teams)

$75 to consolation bracket winner(1 of 6 teams)

for those of you unfamilar, the Misfits and Outlaws started as 1 league in '03...

we'll field 17 leagues in '09, for any of you looking to get into dynasty leagues

I'll also be posting for openings, as we hear from any owners not returning

Link to rules...note-this link take you to '08/'09 additions--the base Misfit rules are inside this thread, linked at the bottom of the thread

Link to SUPER-flex scoring

now, to answer the questions that will arise about the rookies:

--we draft rookies from the upcomming '09 NFL draft class in our draft this May...Misfit rosters are 20, w/1-IR spot in season

we'll draft 22 players in our opening draft, then cut to 20 August 1st...this is when we hold our Misfits rookie drafts--this way, all existing and new leagues are rostered @20 8/1...this is when IR 'opens'--the IR spot remains active thruout NFL season--any player IR'd in season has to rostered or cut Monday after NFL Super Bowl

--"current" vs "future" rookie picks, and rookie trade fee

The Misfits leagues allow for a total of 3 years worth of rookies when dealing w/rookie trades...'current' is always defined as the next class drafted by the NFL, and 'future' always defined by X+2, where X='current' rookie class

the next NFL class to draft is in May '09---to existing Misfit leagues, any trades since 8/1/08 involving '09 rookies have been free of charge

we(SUPER-flex 3&4) will be drafting these rookies in our May draft, so they will be 'free' to us as well

the new leagues and existing leagues will be treating trades of 'future' picks exactly the same way---they are available for trade, but with a fee

2010/2011 classes are tradeable, $20 for 1st rounder($10/owner) and $10 for 2nd rounder($5/owner)

this is the case until 8/1/2009, when the existing league draft the '09 class...once that draft is over:

2010 become 'current' and therefore free when involved in a trade

2011/2012 become 'future' and therefore have the fee when involved in a trade

the league collects these trade fees from future picks to be able to attract new ownership in the event an owner bails on the league after trading away players/picks and leaving the roster bare

because all prize monies($1475/league) are guaranteed, I need to be able to stock pile some cash thru the trades of these future rookie picks in the event we need to sell a team at a discount to attract a new owner...while we are a dynasty league, and in theory everyone drafting in May should be here in 2012, the fact remains it is 50-50 at best that the original 14 are here in 3 years

we do this rather than make an owner pay for their team for the year involved because I did not feel owners w/several Misfit leagues(some have as many as 6 teams) should have to fork out $115 X 6 if they dealt a future pick from each team

finally, once a pick is paid for once (once you move that pick), there is never another fee charged for trading the same pick

a quick example...say I am Team 1 and trade my '10-1st to Team 2 in a deal to move up in this draft

Team 2 moves my '10-1st to Team 3 to move up

Team 3 moves my '10-1st to Team 4 to move up

you see where this is going....

there is only 1 charge, $10 each to Team 1 and Team 2 in the original trade, for the pick---once the pick is paid for and dealt, it can be traded any number of times w/o any additional charge associated with it

PM me if there any questions about how the rookie pick trades are handled

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who is even thinking about joining a dynasty league: This is what you want. Steve runs top shelf leagues; they are well organized, have active owners, timely payouts, etc...

Will try and join this as well, depending on $$$. Life is very different with two little kids. They are expensive!

Am I up for another? I think so...

Sign me up for this league Steve, I think that makes 5 of your leagues I'll be in then :blackdot:

Am I up for another? I think so...Sign me up for this league Steve, I think that makes 5 of your leagues I'll be in then :doh:
OK, DD..."IN"!thanx for the kind words, B---it's nice to know the work is appreciated by the rank and fileFYI...been contacted by a staffer, who might be interested in hanging out w/the Misfits!DT--I'll get w/you over the weekend...been a brutal couple weeks w/30+ in for Thanksgiving, then turning around and setting 15 sets of playoff/Toilet Bowl matchups for the Misfits

I think I'll get in on this one.

Steve runs some awesome leagues - would recommend to anyone wanting to start on a dynasty track. Good luck getting caught up (and lucky you and I have the byes in HP5 Flush Bowl).

Also interested.

But with 4 kids and Christmas....don't look for payment until the New Year :unsure:

Also interested.

But with 4 kids and Christmas....don't look for payment until the New Year :)
no kidding, rene!I'm just trying to guage interest, to see if we're doing 1 or 2 leagues---we'll settle up after the first of the year, secure the websites and get folks logged in so the wheeling and dealing for draft position can begin!

I think I'll get in on this one.

Steve runs some awesome leagues - would recommend to anyone wanting to start on a dynasty track. Good luck getting caught up

(and lucky you and I have the byes in HP5 Flush Bowl).
thanx to not having Whitten 'IN' Thanksgiving Day, by virtue of not submitting the lineup w/a Thurs player :) so, rather than 'earning' a bye in the Tiddy Bowl, I'd be in the playoffs w/Manning & ADP in nice spots this week

sweet!

we'll add this one for sure, possibly a second....if you're interested in dynasty, we're where you want to be!

SUPER-flex 3 roster :

1--ravnzfan

2--staffer Jeff P

3--DreamT

4--Ack88

5--The Wick

6--DDogg

7--Duckboy

8--BSS

9--renesauz

10-Brewzer

11-Mimo

12-wdcrob

13-NStalkers

14-CKC

SUPER-flex 4

1--ravnzfan

2--Canadian Clipper

3--BEDawg

4--

5--

6--

7--

8--

9--

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

spots held pending payment--1st 14 PAID are "IN"...returning MOX leaguers w/winnings from this season can roll those monies into this league for payment

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

(note...this addy good for PP payment only)

PM me address to snail mail a check

I'll get links up to league rules, full scoring, etc early next week

sweet!we'll add this one for sure, possibly a second....if you're interested in dynasty, we're where you want to be!holding SUPER-flex 3 roster spots for:1--ravnzfan2--staffer(possibly)3--DreamT4--Ack885--The Wick6--DDogg7--Duckboy8--BSS9--renesauz10-Brewzer11-Mimo12-wdcrob13-14-spots held pending payment--1st 14 PAID are "IN"...returning MOX leaguers w/winnings from this season can roll those monies into this league for payment$115 to Paypal addy:stevemaher@comcast.net(note...this addy good for PP payment only)PM me address to snail mail a checkI'll get links up to league rules, full scoring, etc early next week
Steve if you still have room in this league count me in....Mike Nightstalkers

13--CKC, per email

14--Nightstalkers

thats a nice mix, 50/50 returnies vs newbies

we'll take on 1 more...SUPER-flex 4

keep posting, if interested

I'll get the details up in the next week or 2, but I've been asked if we're drafting any new leagues next seasonI'm open to starting SUPER-flex 3, if there is enough interestbasics are:14 team dynasty league...draft 22 players, cut to 20 August 1st...in season IR for any player IR'd by their NFL teamstart:QB--2RB--2WR/TE--2flex--K--Dflex 1= RB-WR-TEflex 2= any position (SUPER-flex spot)scoring is .04/yd passing, .1/yr rush/recPPR:RB=.5WR=1.0TE=1.5cost is $115/yr....payout $1400 in playoff money(8teams)$75 to consolation bracket winner(1 of 6 teams)for those of you unfamilar, the Misfits and Outlaws started as 1 league in '03...we'll field 15-17 leagues in '09, for any of you looking to get into dynasty leaguesI'll also be posting for openings, as we hear from any owners not returning
Thank God FFBall isn't crack... can you say :Junkie:! 7- original leagues... 6-HPs... and 2- SF leagues.... not to mention any re-drafts, surivors & others! :popcorn: Whoa!

I'll get the details up in the next week or 2, but I've been asked if we're drafting any new leagues next seasonI'm open to starting SUPER-flex 3, if there is enough interestbasics are:14 team dynasty league...draft 22 players, cut to 20 August 1st...in season IR for any player IR'd by their NFL teamstart:QB--2RB--2WR/TE--2flex--K--Dflex 1= RB-WR-TEflex 2= any position (SUPER-flex spot)scoring is .04/yd passing, .1/yr rush/recPPR:RB=.5WR=1.0TE=1.5cost is $115/yr....payout $1400 in playoff money(8teams)$75 to consolation bracket winner(1 of 6 teams)for those of you unfamilar, the Misfits and Outlaws started as 1 league in '03...we'll field 15-17 leagues in '09, for any of you looking to get into dynasty leaguesI'll also be posting for openings, as we hear from any owners not returning
Thank God FFBall isn't crack... can you say :Junkie:! 7- original leagues... 6-HPs... and 2- SF leagues.... not to mention any re-drafts, surivors & others! ;) Whoa!
add Philly/Balt/Wash FBG's auction, local redraft w/buddies @my golf course...er, let see----Reunion...that'll make an even 20 $$$ in '09, w/SF-4 drafting!

sweet!

if you're interested in dynasty, we're where you want to be!

SUPER-flex 4

1--ravnzfan

2--Canadian Clipper

3--BEDawg

4--bronco fan

5--Talon Grey

6--Jellyfish-1

7--Jellyfish-2(lil brother)

8--

9--

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

spots held pending payment--1st 14 PAID are "IN"...returning MOX leaguers w/winnings from this season can roll those monies into this league for payment

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

I'll get links up to league rules, full scoring, etc early next week
updated for 2nd league(SUPER-flex 4)I'll get rule links and a link to scoring up this weekend, I swear!

Is this a slow draft league?

EDIT: Also, is there a link to the details of the rules and scoring?

we'll add this one for sure, possibly a second....if you're interested in dynasty, we're where you want to be!

holding SUPER-flex 3 roster spots for:

1--ravnzfan

2--JeffP

3--DreamT

4--Ack88

5--The Wick

6--DDogg

7--Duckboy

8--BSS--PAID

9--renesauz

10-Brewzer

11-Mimo--PAID

12-wdcrob--PAID

13-CKC

14-NightStalkers

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

updated, w/payment

Steve,Iwill get in another if you still have spots.You can apply my winnings and I will paypal balance.Oh and this is No Soup.

1--ravnzfan

2--JeffP

3--DreamT

4--Ack88

5--The Wick

6--DDogg

7--Duckboy

8--BSS--PAID

9--renesauz

10-Brewzer

11-Mimo--PAID

12-wdcrob--PAID

13-CKC

14-NightStalkers

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

updated, w/payment
let's ge that cash in dead beats so we can roll for order and start trading!!!!!

1--ravnzfan-PAID(winnings)

2--JeffP

3--DreamT

4--Ack88

5--The Wick

6--DDogg--PAID(winnings)

7--Duckboy--PAID

8--BSS--PAID

9--renesauz

10-Brewzer

11-Mimo--PAID

12-wdcrob--PAID

13-CKC--PAID(winnings)

14-NightStalkers--PAID

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

updated, w/payments

2--JeffP

3--DreamT

4--Ack88

5--The Wick

6--DDogg--PAID(winnings)

7--Duckboy--PAID

8--BSS--PAID

9--renesauz

10-Brewzer--PAID

11-Mimo--PAID

12-wdcrob--PAID

13-CKC--PAID(winnings)

14-NightStalkers--PAID

alt....Traviesco---PAID....somebody is getting bumped to SF-4

spots held pending payment--1st 14 PAID are "IN"

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

updated, w/payments
update

2--JeffP

3--DDogg--PAID(winnings)

4--Duckboy--PAID

5--BSS--PAID

6--renesauz

7--Brewzer--PAID

8--Mimo--PAID

9--wdcrob--PAID

10-CKC--PAID(winnings)

11-NightStalkers--PAID

12-Traviesco---PAID

13-Alberta Clipper--PAID

14-BEDawg

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

the 14!league website is :D

next up is dice roll for draft position---bad news is our old dice site is closed down :cry:

from there we'll assign Divisions based on draft position, and open the league website for business

2--JeffP

3--DDogg--PAID(winnings)

4--Duckboy--PAID

5--BSS--PAID

6--renesauz

7--Brewzer--PAID

8--Mimo--PAID

9--wdcrob--PAID

10-CKC--PAID(winnings)

11-NightStalkers--PAID

12-Traviesco---PAID

13-Alberta Clipper--PAID

14-BEDawg--PAID--winnings

$115 to Paypal addy:

stevemaher@comcast.net

the 14!league website is :banned:

next up is dice roll for draft position---bad news is our old dice site is closed down :cry:

from there we'll assign Divisions based on draft position, and open the league website for business
OK guys...we're gonna "roll 'dem bones!"set the roll up as follows:

20d

+0

sum all dice

roll: 1 time

send email: to yourself

to GM:stevemaher121@hotmail.com

subject:your FBG screen name

I must get a copy of the roll for it to be valid---we'll open the site next week and get everyone logged in, once everyone rolls and we determine divisions

Misfits=rolls 1-7

Outlaws=rolls 8-14

New Dice Site

my roll will be verivied by 'Sniffer:

once you've rolled, go ahead and post them in here

D...can u keep a running total of the rolls in 1 post?

20d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 96, 93, 88, 83, 81, 69, 69, 53, 50, 48, 43, 41, 36, 29, 26, 24, 19, 14, 10, 7

Roll total: 979

Ravz roll verified

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 94, 88, 83, 83, 81, 75, 63, 57, 45, 36, 32, 26, 23, 18, 14, 6, 6, 6, 1, 1

Roll total: 838

Not my lucky day.

Users who are viewing this thread