Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verbal Kint

iphone Apps

eol703 on Words With Friends.I've had some good games with OtisOtisOtis and Chunky Soup. No cheating here.

:thumbup:

Sent a few people games on Words with Friends.Beware, I suck and sometimes take while to respond.I'm Lehigh98 there too.

BTW, sorry Chunky, that word was pretty much spelled out for me when I got the tiles.
Yikes. Haven't seen it yet (iPad is at home)

Get "Atomic Web". It is a web browser that is miles better the Safari. Has some problems but overall a great browser.

Just got an iTouch with my new computer. Am leaning toward selling it right now however I would not mind having a mobile computer to use for scheduling, video playback, music, and some unknown apps that I have no idea what I can do otherwise. Am wondering what most people use their iTouch's for?

Any free text messaging apps? I would love to text message on my iTouch rather than on my phone (if I keep it).

Any cool apps that do not need a WiFi connection that would be worthy of having?

What great WiFi apps are there... i.e. need a WiFi connection to update properly and such.

Thanks.

Does anyone make an app that will let you control the tempo of music on your iPhone or iPod touch? I'd like to speed things up just a bit when I'm working out on the elliptical. Is this possible without permanently altering the files?

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball just recently updated their app to include adds/drops. :unsure: Prior to this, we were only able to manage roster with actives/reserves.

Any free text messaging apps? I would love to text message on my iTouch rather than on my phone (if I keep it).Thanks.

I downloaded PingChat2 recently and so far it's doing everything I need it to.

Downloaded Scramble 2 on the iPad and iPhone. It's a boggle like word game with several game modes. It's free as well

for the phish phans.

live phish app is out $4. Anything you've ever bought from there you will be able to stream at anytime, plus a feature show thats free and supposedly some live streams from a few major concerts each year.

I'm in. With the $4 purchase, you get a free download ($10 value).

Would like to learn a couple languages and I see the Spanish app and French app are kind of costly. The Spanish Tutor one is $7.99 and they have three kinds, 101, 102 and at restaurants... totaling ~$24.00. The French one is 101, and Phrases, also at $7.99 and I am assuming it is going to have three at some point.

Any experiences with either of these and if they are any good or not?

Any free text messaging apps? I would love to text message on my iTouch rather than on my phone (if I keep it).Thanks.

Will give it a try but my network needs a firmware upgrade or something because my iTouch will not connect to it. argh

COIN DOZER - remember that machine in the arcade where you put in a coin/token and hope to push more coins/tokens over the ledge to collect? here it is, not too exciting, but a mindless game while pooping, and it's free.

Would like to learn a couple languages and I see the Spanish app and French app are kind of costly. The Spanish Tutor one is $7.99 and they have three kinds, 101, 102 and at restaurants... totaling ~$24.00. The French one is 101, and Phrases, also at $7.99 and I am assuming it is going to have three at some point. Any experiences with either of these and if they are any good or not?

Look for the apps with lite versions so you can see what you are getting. There are a number of them.

Wow - there are a lot of EA games on sale today:

Madden 10 is also $0.99:

http://appshopper.com/games/madden-nfl-10-by-ea-sports

So is NBA Live:

http://appshopper.com/games/nba-live-by-ea-sports

So is Sim City:

http://appshopper.com/games/simcity

Command & Conquer:

http://appshopper.com/games/command-conquer-red-alert

Need for Speed Undercover:

http://appshopper.com/games/need-for-speed-undercover

FIFA 2010:

http://appshopper.com/games/fifa-10-by-ea-sports

Need for Speed Shift:

http://appshopper.com/games/need-for-speed-shift

There's more, but I've got some downloading to start... :rolleyes:

Ugh. Tried to update to OS 4 on my Gen 2 Touch and it dumped out halfway through and forced me to restore my entire iPod. :lmao: But I'll definitely be grabbing some of the EA apps today. Thanks!

And yeah, Angry Birds is awesome. Well worth the money.

Ugh. Tried to update to OS 4 on my Gen 2 Touch and it dumped out halfway through and forced me to restore my entire iPod. :lmao: But I'll definitely be grabbing some of the EA apps today. Thanks!And yeah, Angry Birds is awesome. Well worth the money.

Same thing happened to my Mom's brand new iPod last night.Except it won't restore either and is now "bricked" as I've come to learn.

Will give it a try but my network needs a firmware upgrade or something because my iTouch will not connect to it. argh
I downloaded Textfree Unlimited. I really like it. It gives you an actual phone number (although not your iPhone phone number).

but a mindless game while pooping

Battleship is my go-to crapping app. It isn't free though. My wife and I play each other via wifi all the time. Not always when I'm on the can, but sometimes.

I downloaded Textfree Unlimited. I really like it. It gives you an actual phone number (although not your iPhone phone number).
Was searching last night and saw that this app was normally $5.99 but is now free. I downloaded it and sent my first text today to myself and to a friend. Came to my phone in like 2 seconds but have not heard back from the friend. She is working right now. I think this one is the way to go because I don't plan on updating to IOS 4.0 right away because one compatible with that is probably on its way.

Would like to learn a couple languages and I see the Spanish app and French app are kind of costly. The Spanish Tutor one is $7.99 and they have three kinds, 101, 102 and at restaurants... totaling ~$24.00. The French one is 101, and Phrases, also at $7.99 and I am assuming it is going to have three at some point. Any experiences with either of these and if they are any good or not?

Look for the apps with lite versions so you can see what you are getting. There are a number of them.
Have the "lite" Spanish, French, German and have used the French one a bit. It is pretty cool but am wondering how much better the full version might be. Was also at Worst Buy today and for $50 they have a language program similar to Rosetta Stone but claim to be better. It looked similar to the full version of the Tutor series. Might buy one full one and see where that goes. I really want to learn another one.

Did some searching about the language apps. Apparently, some people think that none of them are good and pointed others to a Podcast called Coffee Break (Spanish, French). So, I looked into them.

Can you not download a Podcast onto the iPod, iTouch to listen to later? Isn't that the best way to do it?

:lmao: doodle jump

up to 99522 now. i think its finally run its course for me.

I'm strasburg on words with friends, hit me up

Angry Birds is awesome.

:goodposting:
Yep. I'm pretty much addicted to this game.
Is it really that good?! What kind of game is it, what's the object?

Angry Birds is awesome.

:lmao:
There's a Lite version - check it out. I'm going to.

Cannot get my words with friends to work. Just keeps trying to update...Updating...This may take a few mintues. This has been going on for days. Reloaded the game, rebooted my iphone and nothing.

Angry Birds is awesome.

:lmao:
Is it really that good?!
games is awesomely addicting

Angry Birds is awesome.

:shrug:
Is it really that good?!
games is awesomely addicting
It's like that castles game where you knock down stuff with a catapult. I've conquered every level on 3 stars and got all the eggs (wait that's wrong they just came out with a new level). tdoss sounds like he's probably the FBG master of it.

Angry Birds is awesome.

There's a Lite version - check it out. I'm going to.
It is that good and I think it was only.99.

^^^^Now I see what all you guys were talking about! Ya's got me addicted to angry birds, 24/7, I'm losing sleep!!!

Just. Can't. Stop!!!

Since 4.0 update my iphone is running sluggish. Anyone else?

I've noticed that with two apps - ESPN ScoreCenter and Grocery IQ. Everything else is as fast or faster than before.This is on a 3GS.

eol703 on Words With Friends.

I've had some good games with OtisOtisOtis and Chunky Soup. No cheating here.

I may have to sign back up. I was just killing wayyyyy too much time on it.

I got bored with Angry birds pretty quickly - my son enjoyed it much longer. I thought Plants v Zombies was more fun and challenging, but that game is pretty much done once you've gone through the adventure and gotten all the achievements. I remain addicted to Uniwar.

I've noticed that with two apps - ESPN ScoreCenter and Grocery IQ. Everything else is as fast or faster than before.This is on a 3GS.
whats grocery iq?

I've noticed that with two apps - ESPN ScoreCenter and Grocery IQ. Everything else is as fast or faster than before.

This is on a 3GS.

whats grocery iq?
A nice little grocery list app. You can add items by searching the name or scanning the barcode, which is a pretty cool use of the camera. Save your most common stuff to your favorites list and then easily add them to your current shopping list.

Link.

Oregon Trail is now $0.99. Don't know if that's a permanent drop or not.

looking for a good app to keep tab of work expenses

Ooh, this would be nice.

I got bored with Angry birds pretty quickly - my son enjoyed it much longer. I thought Plants v Zombies was more fun and challenging, but that game is pretty much done once you've gone through the adventure and gotten all the achievements. I remain addicted to Uniwar.

:goodposting: If you like tower defense games, and haven't picked up geoDefense or GD Swarm, DO IT NOW!FlightControl is $$$ and DoodleJump is rather addicting.

How has no one mentioned Trism yet?

Tried trism. Couldn't get into it.

:goodposting: If you like tower defense games, and haven't picked up geoDefense or GD Swarm, DO IT NOW!FlightControl is $$$ and DoodleJump is rather addicting.
Fieldrunners is far and away the best tower defense game app. Defense is way better than geoDefense.

Fieldrunners is far and away the best tower defense game app. Defense is way better than geoDefense.
I couldn't disagree with you more, and for that, I will sleep sound.

I couldn't disagree with you more, and for that, I will sleep sound.
:sleep: