What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash area auction league (1 Viewer)

ravnzfan

Footballguy
hey Mid-Atlantic FBG's...

we put together a FBG's auction league this year--a 10 teamer using some pretty cool auction software, and are looking to get this put together early for the '09 season...our goal is a 14 team league, playing a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash Auction League

link to '08 site, scoring is WCoFF and fees are a modest $50/pp for prize + $20 or so for site/software

we'll draft in a Baltimore suburb, probably mid-August

let's get the commitments in early this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash Auction League roster:

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--

4--

5--

6--

7--

8--

9--

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--

5--

6--

7--

8--

9--

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--

9--

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

I'm in for the same role I played last year: I'll be at the Draft, regardless, and if someone can't make it, someone no-shows, or you need a live Drafter to select a 'Ghost Team' to have an even number, I'm your huckleberry.

I'm still in too many Leagues to add another - I'm actually cutting back again this year, but it'll be a while 'til I can actually add one. I WILL start hawking this League to many of the Local FF'ers I know who might be interested in getting on board for '09, though.

I kept tabs on the League all year long. Congrats to Pasq for taking down Year One - and to roarlions for giving him a run for his money!!! Was nice to see the core players from the Team I drafted in his absence come through for the most part, and to see him do a really nice job making in-season moves to cement his way to the Championship Game!

Very well run Draft.

Very well run League.

Very solid group of Owners.

Highly recommend any FBG's from PA/MD/DC/VA/WVA/DEL/NJ to give this one a LOOOOOONG Look!

I'm in for the same role I played last year: I'll be at the Draft, regardless, and if someone can't make it, someone no-shows, or you need a live Drafter to select a 'Ghost Team' to have an even number, I'm your huckleberry.I'm still in too many Leagues to add another - I'm actually cutting back again this year, but it'll be a while 'til I can actually add one. I WILL start hawking this League to many of the Local FF'ers I know who might be interested in getting on board for '09, though.I kept tabs on the League all year long. Congrats to Pasq for taking down Year One - and to roarlions for giving him a run for his money!!! Was nice to see the core players from the Team I drafted in his absence come through for the most part, and to see him do a really nice job making in-season moves to cement his way to the Championship Game!Very well run Draft.Very well run League.Very solid group of Owners.Highly recommend any FBG's from PA/MD/DC/VA/WVA/DEL/NJ to give this one a LOOOOOONG Look!
You'll definitely be welcome. It'd be nice if you could bring along some of that concoction you whipped up for the auction, too.

:thumbdown:

I'll be there again with the auction system and to be an even number in the league should you need it. So don't worry about what your head count is or if someone doesn't show up.

I suggest recruiting notices be directed at Uruk-hai and fatness, who's not a bad fellow for a Skins fan.

Tempting...but that's an ugly drive from Norfolk Have a date for it????

Fully realizing that I'm not a full-fledged owner in this here leeg, I would nonetheless like to gently suggest that we change our receiving scoring from an outright PPR to Point Per First Down Reception (PPFDR) instead. Based on a recommendation from Jeff P, my local league implemented PPFDR this past season and it made for a righteous scoring system.

As far as dates go, Rich (Philly Fanatic) and I's local league will probably be holding our auction on Sunday, Aug. 30.

roadkill1292 said:
Fully realizing that I'm not a full-fledged owner in this here leeg, I would nonetheless like to gently suggest that we change our receiving scoring from an outright PPR to Point Per First Down Reception (PPFDR) instead. Based on a recommendation from Jeff P, my local league implemented PPFDR this past season and it made for a righteous scoring system.As far as dates go, Rich (Philly Fanatic) and I's local league will probably be holding our auction on Sunday, Aug. 30.
FYI, MFL now supports this scoring (which was a major stumbling block to PPFDR in the past).Which site tracks PPFDR for your league?

ravnzfan said:
Tempting...but that's an ugly drive from Norfolk Have a date for it????
Ren - it'd be sweet to have you on board. We do need to set a date - great point. I can't do a week in Aug due to a Disney trip.
there are 5 weekends in August, Starting w/ Sat 8/1are you wiped out all 5?

or could we possibly go that 1st weekend, before the summer vacations go uber-crazy?
Dates are up in the air right now, but I think it is mid-Aug (around the 13th).

roadkill1292 said:
Fully realizing that I'm not a full-fledged owner in this here leeg, I would nonetheless like to gently suggest that we change our receiving scoring from an outright PPR to Point Per First Down Reception (PPFDR) instead. Based on a recommendation from Jeff P, my local league implemented PPFDR this past season and it made for a righteous scoring system.As far as dates go, Rich (Philly Fanatic) and I's local league will probably be holding our auction on Sunday, Aug. 30.
FYI, MFL now supports this scoring (which was a major stumbling block to PPFDR in the past).Which site tracks PPFDR for your league?
Sportsline. I didn't know that it was an issue with MFL.

hey Mid-Atlantic FBG's...

we put together a FBG's auction league this year--a 10 teamer using some pretty cool auction software, and are looking to get this put together early for the '09 season...our goal is a 14 team league, playing a perfectly balanced 13 game schedule

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash Auction League

link to '08 site, scoring is WCoFF and fees are a modest $50/pp for prize + $20 or so for site/software

we'll draft in a Baltimore suburb, probably mid-August

let's get the commitments in early this year!
Johnny has talked this league up to me before and I think I'd give it a go this year. Still open?

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito ???

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

alt...roadkill, to even the league draft day, if need be
updated roster of possiblesand :thumbup: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :pics:

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

updated roster of possiblesand :hifive: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :goodposting:
LOL... gee, I've never seen THAT happen before. Count me in.

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-rene?

11-

12-

13-

14-

updated roster of possiblesand :moneybag: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :moneybag:
LOL... gee, I've never seen THAT happen before. Count me in.
hey JP....rene keeps mentioning "it would be nice if..."lets keep the pressure on while drafting SUPER-flex-3, as the Auction Draft will be 4-6 weeks out upon completion of the dynasty draft we're all in on

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-CommuterMan

11-

12-

13-

14-

updated roster of possiblesand :yes: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :shock:
so far 10 are "IN"

What suburb in B-more. I used to live in Fells Point. I'm in Hagerstown now, 2 hrs. away. Never done an auction league so I'd probably be throwing my money away the first year. I might be interested. How long does the draft usuually last and are there cots for thee beveraged-impaired :mellow: I may have to bring my wife, she don't trust me in B-more knowing my past history there and my party escapades. Hey, I was a single guy then and that was 21 years ago.

What suburb in B-more. I used to live in Fells Point. I'm in Hagerstown now, 2 hrs. away. Never done an auction league so I'd probably be throwing my money away the first year. I might be interested. How long does the draft usuually last and are there cots for thee beveraged-impaired :mellow: I may have to bring my wife, she don't trust me in B-more knowing my past history there and my party escapades. Hey, I was a single guy then and that was 21 years ago.
We held it in Glenelg last year, which would only be about an hour for you. It ran about 3-4 hours and don't worry about being a rookie: unless I'm mistaken, last year's high scorer had never done an auction before. Wives are welcome and cots could be provided, though we'll probably hold the thing fairly early if last year is a guide.

It looks like you can pencil me in for one of these spots again. I moved out of the area down to N.C., but I could always just make it a long weekend and visit my family in the area.

Long story short, I'm working on a government contract that sends us downrange for a 4 month period every year. I was blocked to go from JUN-SEP, but now looks like I'll be heading out closer to the end of OCT. However the dates aren't set and could change at anytime.

I will have internet over there, so managing the team shouldn't be a problem.

Just pass a date and location when its set and let me know what to bring Beer, Chips or whatever.

Look forward to it... Go Banana!

It looks like you can pencil me in for one of these spots again. I moved out of the area down to N.C., but I could always just make it a long weekend and visit my family in the area. Long story short, I'm working on a government contract that sends us downrange for a 4 month period every year. I was blocked to go from JUN-SEP, but now looks like I'll be heading out closer to the end of OCT. However the dates aren't set and could change at anytime. I will have internet over there, so managing the team shouldn't be a problem. Just pass a date and location when its set and let me know what to bring Beer, Chips or whatever.Look forward to it... Go Banana!
Good news.

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-CommuterMan

11-Max Power

12-JP's Maybe #1

13-JP's Maybe #2

14-

updated roster of possiblesand :wall: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :thumbdown:
so far 11 are "IN"
Max makes 9 of the original 10. I've emailed the lone holdout: Rayderr. Also, I dropped a line to Uruk as suggested by roadie. May have to bump this thing up to 16? Thoughts?

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-CommuterMan

11-Max Power

12-JP's Maybe #1

13-JP's Maybe #2

14-

updated roster of possiblesand :excited: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc ;)
so far 11 are "IN"
Max makes 9 of the original 10. I've emailed the lone holdout: Rayderr. Also, I dropped a line to Uruk as suggested by roadie. May have to bump this thing up to 16? Thoughts?
Let's walk before we run, but I'll be happy to win more $ this year. :)

1--ravnzfan

2--roarlions

3--Fear The Turtle

4--Dayton Triangles

5--philly fanatic

6--JP

7--Potomac Snakeheads

8--Go DC yourself

9--pablito

10-CommuterMan

11-Max Power

12-Rayderr

13-Uruk-Hai

14-renesauz

15-JP's Maybe #1

16-JP's Maybe #2

updated roster of possiblesand :lmao: pablito...this is a "for sure" thing, as oppossed to a "wannabe"

we had a 10 teamer last year, and are looking to fill out to a 14 teamer, playing a fully balanced schedule, some owners had a bit of an issue w/the strength of the 2 divisions and who made playoff, etc :link:
so far 11 are "IN"
Let's walk before we run, but I'll be happy to win more $ this year. :lmao:
Rayderr's back for another shot. Plus, I recalled that Uruk-Hai had a standing invite from last year when his schedule wouldn't permit participation. That gives us 15 if both of Jeff's maybes join. Roadie, how many of the bidding clickers are there?Update: Locked for now.

So we're at 14 without Jeff's mystery guests? Gonna cut it off there or go for the Sweet Sixteen?
Let's lock it at 14 with expansion to 16 only for Jeff's 2 guests, unless ravnz says different.
:shrug: hey, I'm just the recording secretary!

we're locked down w/14, plus potentially 2 more if JP wants to try to fleece a couple of his buddies...and I think it's a testement to the league and the members that the original 10 are all back---I think that's terriffic!

next up--I think we should try to lock down a draft date, so that summer vaca's don't get in the way...we have 5 Sat/Sun's in August---the earlier the better for JP, given site commitments and I believe a mid-August vaca w/the family

How does Saturday Aug 8th sound for everyone?

:thumbup:

I am headed out on vacation that weekend, back on the 16th... I could make a draft on any other weekend in August besides 8/8 and 8/15

Users who are viewing this thread