What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash area auction league (3 Viewers)

Uruk-Hai, all is not lost - let's see what goes on with Max Power - if he's able to make the Draft, you could be the next one in line to have me serve as your surrogate. I'm pretty good at that.

Today (Monday, July 13th) is out - last week got too busy for me to get the ball rolling on this.

So instead, I'm going to start revving the engines for:

Monday, July 20th

Clydes of Columbia

The 9-5ers probably can't be there before 5 so I don't want to set a start time for this, but I'm going to get to Clydes no later than 4PM, and will hang out there until well into the evening.

So, tell your friends and neighbors in the Shark Pool, FFA, etc.

Monday, July 20th - 1 Week from Today. Clyde's Of Columbia...at the main bar.

I'll be there at 4, looking forward to meeting as many as feel like stopping by as the evening progresses!

If details are necessary, they'll follow!

Uruk-Hai, all is not lost - let's see what goes on with Max Power - if he's able to make the Draft, you could be the next one in line to have me serve as your surrogate. I'm pretty good at that.Today (Monday, July 13th) is out - last week got too busy for me to get the ball rolling on this.So instead, I'm going to start revving the engines for:Monday, July 20thClydes of ColumbiaThe 9-5ers probably can't be there before 5 so I don't want to set a start time for this, but I'm going to get to Clydes no later than 4PM, and will hang out there until well into the evening.So, tell your friends and neighbors in the Shark Pool, FFA, etc.Monday, July 20th - 1 Week from Today. Clyde's Of Columbia...at the main bar.I'll be there at 4, looking forward to meeting as many as feel like stopping by as the evening progresses!If details are necessary, they'll follow!
Thanks, nl. Next Monday at Clydes may be doable for me. I work in Jessup, so it's only a few miles away. When you say "main bar", you're talking about the bar you walk into right off the lakeside entrance? I've only been there a couple of times, but I remember a long, straight bar right inside of the door.

Wasn't last year $250 for 20-man rosters? If the league is bigger by 2-6 owners, you may want to think about adjusting those parameters this year.

Most of this was all decided last year immediately before the auction. So while it may have cut down on prep time, everybody was in the same boat.

Wasn't last year $250 for 20-man rosters? If the league is bigger by 2-6 owners, you may want to think about adjusting those parameters this year.Most of this was all decided last year immediately before the auction. So while it may have cut down on prep time, everybody was in the same boat.
18 man rosters, best ball, WCoFF rules, which scores:QB--2RB--3WR--TE--flex--K--D...10 startersI think it was $250 auction dollars---the more, the better for auction purposes...I've been in some where the last 25 or so players all go for $1, which is not the point--you want to have even a minimal amount of differance in the bottom few spots of the last couple teams w/$$$blind bidding for FA's (I think $100 BB dollars)on a completely sour note, a family obligation for 2PM Saturday August 1st has knocked me squarely out of the mix this year...and I'm the guy that steered the ship into that date :doh:we'll see how things pan out w/Max Power & U-H...maybe Johnny nittnay can put a squad together for the ravnzfan :shrug:

I'm happy to help out anyone that I can, perhaps some of the Wait-Listers who are willing to Partner-Up might be enlisted to get involved helping out those who cannot attend as well...

Good introduction to the League: Veteran Partnering up with a Rookie, just for Year 1 of Expansion. New Arrival gets 1st Priority for his own Franchise in 2010...

***I think I kinda spearheaded the effort to get the $$$ Cap up last year...I think the original plan was to go with $200, and we settled on $250...

...I still think that's too low, and I'd like to see the Original Ten (as well as all other interested parties) discuss and debate the idea of adding more money to the Cap.

I strongly advocate, both here and elsewhere, that the 'model' # for Cap $$$ is $20 per Roster Slot, so for an 18-Player Roster, I'd suggest a Cap no lower than $360...

Even with $250 last Year, we still ran into the issue where a bunch of 'unequal' players all went for $1 at the end. It's important for a variety of reasons that some differentiation exists, and a larger cap allows for that.

Something else to consider as well:

Make the $$$ Cap even higher, but 'carry over' the remainder into the Season as each Team's Free Agency Budget for Waivers!

In other words, say we make the Cap $400 - you spend out of your $400 as much as you choose during the Auction, and what's left over is the Amount you have to spend on Free Agents, whether it's Blind Bidding, or a Worst To First (I can't remember what was used last year), with a cost associated with each move...

Great discussion fodder for Monday's CornHole!

Wasn't last year $250 for 20-man rosters? If the league is bigger by 2-6 owners, you may want to think about adjusting those parameters this year.Most of this was all decided last year immediately before the auction. So while it may have cut down on prep time, everybody was in the same boat.
18 man rosters, best ball, WCoFF rules, which scores:QB--2RB--3WR--TE--flex--K--D...10 startersI think it was $250 auction dollars---the more, the better for auction purposes...I've been in some where the last 25 or so players all go for $1, which is not the point--you want to have even a minimal amount of differance in the bottom few spots of the last couple teams w/$$$blind bidding for FA's (I think $100 BB dollars)on a completely sour note, a family obligation for 2PM Saturday August 1st has knocked me squarely out of the mix this year...and I'm the guy that steered the ship into that date :doh:we'll see how things pan out w/Max Power & U-H...maybe Johnny nittnay can put a squad together for the ravnzfan :shrug:
:mellow:

I'm happy to help out anyone that I can, perhaps some of the Wait-Listers who are willing to Partner-Up might be enlisted to get involved helping out those who cannot attend as well...Good introduction to the League: Veteran Partnering up with a Rookie, just for Year 1 of Expansion. New Arrival gets 1st Priority for his own Franchise in 2010...
Sounds like a good idea. Someone has to pair up with Steve so we don't lose a charter member after only 1 year. :(
***I think I kinda spearheaded the effort to get the $$$ Cap up last year...I think the original plan was to go with $200, and we settled on $250......I still think that's too low, and I'd like to see the Original Ten (as well as all other interested parties) discuss and debate the idea of adding more money to the Cap.I strongly advocate, both here and elsewhere, that the 'model' # for Cap $$$ is $20 per Roster Slot, so for an 18-Player Roster, I'd suggest a Cap no lower than $360...Even with $250 last Year, we still ran into the issue where a bunch of 'unequal' players all went for $1 at the end. It's important for a variety of reasons that some differentiation exists, and a larger cap allows for that.Something else to consider as well:Make the $$$ Cap even higher, but 'carry over' the remainder into the Season as each Team's Free Agency Budget for Waivers!In other words, say we make the Cap $400 - you spend out of your $400 as much as you choose during the Auction, and what's left over is the Amount you have to spend on Free Agents, whether it's Blind Bidding, or a Worst To First (I can't remember what was used last year), with a cost associated with each move...Great discussion fodder for Monday's CornHole!
I'm definitely in favor of a higher cap. Either higher cap alone or combined cap for auction/blind bidding is fine with me.

Sorry to hear the originator can't be there, hope this still happens. I can't make next Monday's evening's gathering in Columbia, but I'll chime in here based on about 20 years of participating in and setting up baseball and basketball auctions. I've done football drafts over that same time, and don't think an auction in football works all that differently.

1. The bigger the cap, the more money will chase the big names, because that is where the production is. There will always be what are called "dollar days." While at the end of the season, it will look like those picks were "unequal," at the time of the auction (particularly an auction held early in the preseason, when more roles are still up in the air than will be later) the last 5 to 10 RB and 10 to 15 WR will look roughly the same to most owners. And the end of season totals put up by the RB 45 to 55 and WR 60 to 75 will bear that out, albeit in those slots there will be different names there than what went there in the auction. So my guess is most owners will spend on big names and budget minimal dollars for the last slots Bumping up the cap too much will thus likely just prolong the bidding on the better players. And I say this without even taking into account that the lower tier defenses and most of the kickers probably will go cheap regardless of how high the cap is. The predicted difference, and an owner's confidence level in that prediction, between such players simply does not justify bidding one more dollar, much less several.

2. I'd agree with setting a per player average price, and using that as the figure to set the cap. Roto baseball uses between 11 and 12 per player, so when we did roto basketball we used 12, and have since, regardless of the size of the league. We then adjusted roster size for the number of teams, so the cap figure adjusted accordingly. 250 for 18 sounds fine to me at around 14. If you want to increase it, do so to no more than 15 or 16, for the reasons above Then set the size of the rosters based on the number of the teams in the league. My 14 team football prohibits teams from carrying any more than 10 RB+WR+TE, even though we start 7 of them, so to permit some quality in the free agent pool. I can see going a little deeper than that, but once you take the top 160 of those players, you've essentially gone 5 deep at the skill positions on each NFL team. Its a crapshoot after that.

3. As for the concept of permitting auction dollars to be used as extra free agent bidding dollars, I'm lukewarm. Often people mistakenly fail to recognize the value of players relative to the dollars available to big on them, and fail to spend all their money. Letting them carry over that money when they should have spent it at the auction works to lessen the impact of that failure.

1. The bigger the cap, the more money will chase the big names, because that is where the production is. There will always be what are called "dollar days." While at the end of the season, it will look like those picks were "unequal," at the time of the auction (particularly an auction held early in the preseason, when more roles are still up in the air than will be later) the last 5 to 10 RB and 10 to 15 WR will look roughly the same to most owners. And the end of season totals put up by the RB 45 to 55 and WR 60 to 75 will bear that out, albeit in those slots there will be different names there than what went there in the auction. So my guess is most owners will spend on big names and budget minimal dollars for the last slots Bumping up the cap too much will thus likely just prolong the bidding on the better players. And I say this without even taking into account that the lower tier defenses and most of the kickers probably will go cheap regardless of how high the cap is. The predicted difference, and an owner's confidence level in that prediction, between such players simply does not justify bidding one more dollar, much less several.

:thumbup:

From my experience, it doesn't matter how big or small the cap is, there will always be a bunch of $1 players at the end of an auction. All increasing the cap tends to do is prolong the auction unnecessarily.

Sorry to hear the originator can't be there, hope this still happens.
this happens, with or w/o me....Fear the Turtle is your commish, I assist and setup/pay league site on MFLroadkill runs the auction software, which we've co-purchased w/his auction league...our providing another source of funding to help lower their investment in that auction system is how this league came to befinally...I am not gone forever---while this years draft won't work out, I'll be damn sure in the future not to use a possible weekend for my granddaughter's B-day party as our weekend to draft :doh:if anyone on the wait list wants to step up and draft for 'our squad', I'll be happy to split the fee and chat w/them about a draft strategyI'm looking to get to Clyde's next Monday 7/20 around 4PM and will be able to hang for a couple hrs at best, as my schedule has me up crazy early (by 2AM)

this happens, with or w/o me....Fear the Turtle is your commish, I assist and setup/pay league site on MFL

roadkill runs the auction software, which we've co-purchased w/his auction league...our providing another source of funding to help lower their investment in that auction system is how this league came to be

finally...I am not gone forever---while this years draft won't work out, I'll be damn sure in the future not to use a possible weekend for my granddaughter's B-day party as our weekend to draft :doh:

if anyone on the wait list wants to step up and draft for 'our squad', I'll be happy to split the fee and chat w/them about a draft strategy

I'm looking to get to Clyde's next Monday 7/20 around 4PM and will be able to hang for a couple hrs at best, as my schedule has me up crazy early (by 2AM)
This simply doesn't feel right, the driving force behind this league not being able to participate.Let me think about this. If I thought my ff skills measured up to your's, I'd suggest me filling in. But, alas, I don't have a great history at this game. :( I'm there mostly for the beer.

Do we have a definite time for the draft yet on Aug. 1st?

Can someone send me the exact location for the draft or driving directions from northern VA? Anyone from VA want to carpool? I'm near Fairfax City.

Do we have final number of teams for this season?

Can you tell I'm ready for the season to start? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
this happens, with or w/o me....Fear the Turtle is your commish, I assist and setup/pay league site on MFL

roadkill runs the auction software, which we've co-purchased w/his auction league...our providing another source of funding to help lower their investment in that auction system is how this league came to be

finally...I am not gone forever---while this years draft won't work out, I'll be damn sure in the future not to use a possible weekend for my granddaughter's B-day party as our weekend to draft :doh:

if anyone on the wait list wants to step up and draft for 'our squad', I'll be happy to split the fee and chat w/them about a draft strategy

I'm looking to get to Clyde's next Monday 7/20 around 4PM and will be able to hang for a couple hrs at best, as my schedule has me up crazy early (by 2AM)
This simply doesn't feel right, the driving force behind this league not being able to participate.Let me think about this. If I thought my ff skills measured up to your's, I'd suggest me filling in. But, alas, I don't have a great history at this game. :( I'm there mostly for the beer.
That's an understatement! :D

roarlions said:
Do we have a definite time for the draft yet on Aug. 1st?Can someone send me the exact location for the draft or driving directions from northern VA? Anyone from VA want to carpool? I'm near Fairfax City.Do we have final number of teams for this season?Can you tell I'm ready for the season to start? ;)
I think we had said 12 noon on te 1st, but if we could bump that back to 1:00 that would help me as I might not be able to get out of work early enough to make it by noon, but 1:00 won't be a problem. Thanks in advance.

roarlions said:
Do we have a definite time for the draft yet on Aug. 1st?Can someone send me the exact location for the draft or driving directions from northern VA? Anyone from VA want to carpool? I'm near Fairfax City.Do we have final number of teams for this season?Can you tell I'm ready for the season to start? ;)
I think we had said 12 noon on te 1st, but if we could bump that back to 1:00 that would help me as I might not be able to get out of work early enough to make it by noon, but 1:00 won't be a problem. Thanks in advance.
I'm tending to think that way as well as I'm coaching my son's football team and that morning will likely include a practice session.

if roadkill can:a) run the software

b) consume ample quanties of barley malt

c) draft me 18 guys w/in the cap

in that order, I'm good w/partnering up!

I'll be able to meet in the morning of the draft and BS around for awhile, but I'll have to roll by 1:15 or so--we might even have a couple players bid on by then...I'll be in touch

if roadkill can:a) run the software

b) consume ample quanties of barley malt

c) draft me 18 guys w/in the cap

in that order, I'm good w/partnering up!

I'll be able to meet in the morning of the draft and BS around for awhile, but I'll have to roll by 1:15 or so--we might even have a couple players bid on by then...I'll be in touch
Oh, running the auction and buying a team is a breeze; that was a major selling point when my local league first purchased the system. But didn't you see what Rich said about my ff skills?

roarlions said:
Do we have a definite time for the draft yet on Aug. 1st?

Can someone send me the exact location for the draft or driving directions from northern VA? Anyone from VA want to carpool? I'm near Fairfax City.

Do we have final number of teams for this season?

Can you tell I'm ready for the season to start? ;)
I'd appreciate that too, as I have a long drive to get there .

Unfortunately Domination and I will not be able to make this years event. After checking schedules and trying to work something out we just can't be on site for the event. We are deeply disappointed, as we were willing to come down just for a meet and greet.........didn't care about playing in the league or not.

Anyway, have a blast guys and definitely drink a couple pounders for me..... :banned: :banned: :banned:

Wasn't last year $250 for 20-man rosters? If the league is bigger by 2-6 owners, you may want to think about adjusting those parameters this year.

Most of this was all decided last year immediately before the auction. So while it may have cut down on prep time, everybody was in the same boat.
18 man rosters, best ball, WCoFF rules, which scores:QB--2RB--3WR--TE--flex--K--D...10 starters

I think it was $250 auction dollars---the more, the better for auction purposes...I've been in some where the last 25 or so players all go for $1, which is not the point--you want to have even a minimal amount of differance in the bottom few spots of the last couple teams w/$$$

blind bidding for FA's (I think $100 BB dollars)

on a completely sour note, a family obligation for 2PM Saturday August 1st has knocked me squarely out of the mix this year...and I'm the guy that steered the ship into that date :doh:

we'll see how things pan out w/Max Power & U-H...maybe Johnny nittnay can put a squad together for the ravnzfan :shrug:
:cry: Now I know a little of what Lee felt at Chancellorsville. The big difference, of course, is that ravnz is both Lee and Jackson and I am just some lowly company ordnance officer.Keeping ravnz active is a priority and I vote roadie for that. Two long Westmin-Balt rides plus numerous emails have told me all I need to know about his ff knowledge. Ravnz's team will be in capable hands if the two of them want to go that route.

One of Jeff P's guests is out so we move fatness into slot 15. Since Ruff and Domination are out, our waiting list is down to two. One of them could be team #16 if guest #2 doesn't pan out and the other could partner up with U-H if that's acceptable. We have to wait on Max's status, I guess.

1:00 p.m. is fine with me. I tend to agree with philly about auction dollars but if the league wants to boost the total, fine. Considering the size of the league, do we want to reduce rosters marginally?

In for August 1:1. ravnzfan/roadie?2. Fear The Turtle3. roarlions4. Rayderr5. CommuterMan6. Uruk-Hai?7. pablito8. Jeff P.9. renesauz10. Go DC Yourself11. philly fanatic12. Kenlin13. Dayton14. Max/nittany15. The Man16. Soaring EagleInsurance/auctioneer/man-about-town: roadkill1292Alt: Nittany's protege
Updated list.

Unfortunately Domination and I will not be able to make this years event. After checking schedules and trying to work something out we just can't be on site for the event. We are deeply disappointed, as we were willing to come down just for a meet and greet.........didn't care about playing in the league or not.Anyway, have a blast guys and definitely drink a couple pounders for me..... :banned: :banned: :banned:
:(

I'm good with 1pm as well.

My only request is that we have the roster size, cap space and any other changes made prior to 8/1, so that we can prepare. Of course, the number of teams may change depending on final committments, so we have to be prepared for that possibility.

I'm looking forward to an afternoon of football talk, auction fun, and general mayhem.

James Beard

Dayton Triangles

I'm good with 1pm as well.My only request is that we have the roster size, cap space and any other changes made prior to 8/1, so that we can prepare. Of course, the number of teams may change depending on final committments, so we have to be prepared for that possibility.I'm looking forward to an afternoon of football talk, auction fun, and general mayhem.James BeardDayton Triangles
:goodposting:

Jeff Pasquino said:
Any confirmation of this?Anyone else?
I'm afraid I won't be able to make this. If the attendees could hash out a final roster size and auction $ total, that would be helpful.

Jeff Pasquino said:
I'm afraid I won't be able to make this. If the attendees could hash out a final roster size and auction $ total, that would be helpful.
YES/NO......It was my intent to PM everyone involved with this Thread/League, as well as the folks from the Ravens and Redskins ***OFFICIAL*** Team Threads in the SP regarding Monday, the 20th, although I'd think most folks involved with the League/Thread would be checking in often enough to know what's up.

Unfortunately, another busy week got the best of me, and as of right this moment, based on responses, I'm thinking that when tomorrow rolls around, it's going to be me, ravnzfan, Uruk-Hai and Jeff P. and the tumbleweeds...(NTTAWWT)!!!

Perhaps today more folks planning on showing up might chime in so we can gauge what's what.

Otherwise, I do have something I SHOULD handle Monday Afternoon/Evening...a half-dozen or so FBG's getting together would be a great excuse to shirk my responsi-dibilities, and I'd welcome the excuse, but if the prospective showing is going to be thin, the angel on my shoulder is going to be giving me the business...

I'd be willing to put this off one more week, and put some solid effort into rallying the troops, if the collective thinks that might be a better option. This week doesn't suck for me, from a 'planning a get together' perspective...

If there are enough responses here indicating that a substantial amount of folks can make tomorrow (Monday the 20th) happen, I'll be departing for Clydes shortly after 3PM. I'll post here before I head out the door.

Unfortunately, I will not be available to meet anytime prior to the draft. I am fine with the draft starting at 1:00 on 8/1. Please send me the address of where the draft will be held so I can load it into my GPS device and find the location.

Thanks,

CM

Jeff Pasquino said:
YES/NO......It was my intent to PM everyone involved with this Thread/League, as well as the folks from the Ravens and Redskins ***OFFICIAL*** Team Threads in the SP regarding Monday, the 20th, although I'd think most folks involved with the League/Thread would be checking in often enough to know what's up.

Unfortunately, another busy week got the best of me, and as of right this moment, based on responses, I'm thinking that when tomorrow rolls around, it's going to be me, ravnzfan, Uruk-Hai and Jeff P. and the tumbleweeds...(NTTAWWT)!!!

Perhaps today more folks planning on showing up might chime in so we can gauge what's what.

Otherwise, I do have something I SHOULD handle Monday Afternoon/Evening...a half-dozen or so FBG's getting together would be a great excuse to shirk my responsi-dibilities, and I'd welcome the excuse, but if the prospective showing is going to be thin, the angel on my shoulder is going to be giving me the business...

I'd be willing to put this off one more week, and put some solid effort into rallying the troops, if the collective thinks that might be a better option. This week doesn't suck for me, from a 'planning a get together' perspective...

If there are enough responses here indicating that a substantial amount of folks can make tomorrow (Monday the 20th) happen, I'll be departing for Clydes shortly after 3PM. I'll post here before I head out the door.
next Monday/Tuesday works better for me, but I can get out there this afternoon...let me know either wayjust to confirm, I'll be at the draft as folks get together, but I'll have to roll just as we get started....if it works that roadkill (or anyone else) can draft for me, fine

if not... :shrug:

Jeff Pasquino said:

next Monday/Tuesday works better for me, but I can get out there this afternoon...let me know either wayjust to confirm, I'll be at the draft as folks get together, but I'll have to roll just as we get started....if it works that roadkill (or anyone else) can draft for me, fine

if not... :shrug:
That's good news.

didn't look like this was going to happen today---I'll keep Monday/Tuesday open for next week, maybe we can pull it off then

didn't look like this was going to happen today---I'll keep Monday/Tuesday open for next week, maybe we can pull it off then
I can't make Monday, but might be able to make Tuesday with enough advanced notice. Any chance of locking in some the basics before then though, in case it doesn't come off? Like number of team, size of rosters, salary cap. Also, is there free agent bidding during the preseason? Thanks

I can't make Monday, but might be able to make Tuesday with enough advanced notice. Any chance of locking in some the basics before then though, in case it doesn't come off? Like number of team, size of rosters, salary cap. Also, is there free agent bidding during the preseason? Thanks
Unless there's a firestorm of protest, I say we go with $300 auction bucks with 16 player rosters (10 starters). This approaches the $20 avg. that several members deem as ideal. We'll have 16 teams. There'll be no carryover of auction $. Use 'em or lose 'em at the auction. We'll all start with a fresh $300 to be used in WW blind bidding. Like last year, there will be one preseason blind bidding session on the Weds. before the season starts.The exact makeup of the 16 teams is still in doubt. Jeff's 2nd guest and fatness are out. I've extended invites to The Man and Soaring Eagle but have yet to hear from them. Even if they both accept, we still have three potential absences to deal with, one of whom nittany will cover.

Parameters sound fine to me. Roarlions, I am coming from Falls Church, so I might be up for carpooling if I decide not to go to my office in the morning. 4800 dollars chasing 256 roster spots, how long should this event last?

Do we have 16 confirmed? Hopefully we can know prior to draft day whether we're doing 14 or 16. Last list I saw above had a few question marks. Are we set for 1:00? Thanks.

Parameters sound fine to me. Roarlions, I am coming from Falls Church, so I might be up for carpooling if I decide not to go to my office in the morning. 4800 dollars chasing 256 roster spots, how long should this event last?
One of the cool things about the auction system is the way we can adjust the time clock before bidding expires and the player is awarded. Last year, I think we started at 10 seconds, decreasing it a second each round until we reached 5 seconds, which makes the back end of the auction fly much faster than a human auctioneer could do.Still, for 256 players, I'm guessing 3-4 hours from the first player to the final gavel.Funny I should see this post as I'm running a test on the new program updates right now. I have no life. :lmao:

I officially will not be able to make it to the draft. What does the situation look like? If there is an odd number I don't mind sitting this season out. If not is there still going to be someone there to make picks for me?

Let me know soon so I can drop a check in the mail. Still sticking with $60?

I officially will not be able to make it to the draft. What does the situation look like? If there is an odd number I don't mind sitting this season out. If not is there still going to be someone there to make picks for me?Let me know soon so I can drop a check in the mail. Still sticking with $60?
Thanks for letting us know. You're set; nittany is slated to draft for you. $60 sounds good.

Been on vacation this week and have not checked in for awhile. Starting the draft at 1pm makes my plans somewhat messier, but so be it. I had scheduled a 5:30 flight from Dulles thinking that I would be able to get my roster set before leaving, so losing an hour makes it even tougher. I'll need to go by 3:00 or so, but if Nittany or someone else can back fill it for me after I leave, then it's all good. If that does not work for y'all, let me know and I'll reluctantly relinquish my spot.

In any case, if there's a cornhole on an evening this week, I am in.

wow, that was a lot of reading. So sounds like we're up to 16 teams, $300 16 players, same scoring as last year. Same place as last year (somebody pm me the address. All I remember is that it's near Olney) this saturday at 1pm. I get everything right?

and god help me if I go through another injury filled season.

pablito said:
Been on vacation this week and have not checked in for awhile. Starting the draft at 1pm makes my plans somewhat messier, but so be it. I had scheduled a 5:30 flight from Dulles thinking that I would be able to get my roster set before leaving, so losing an hour makes it even tougher. I'll need to go by 3:00 or so, but if Nittany or someone else can back fill it for me after I leave, then it's all good. If that does not work for y'all, let me know and I'll reluctantly relinquish my spot.In any case, if there's a cornhole on an evening this week, I am in.
Sorry about the time change. It seemed to work better for several of the guys. Don't worry about fleshing out your team after 3:00. We'll definitely get someone to help.

%$&^#@@It appears that I have to be in Atlanta the week before the draft. My flight back is scheduled to arrive late Saturday p.m. I haven't received our agenda yet, so I'm not sure if we're done Friday or Saturday. If we're going to be finished on Friday, I'm going to try & change my flight to that evening. If we actually have to work Saturday, I'm screwed for the auction.It looks like we have more willing participants than spots, so I shouldn't be leaving the league hanging (I hope). I'm more pissed because I really wanted to do this. I also was looking forward to meeting you all, though that still may happen anyway if I get in early enough.@^#$&^&&On another note, do we have a pre-auction Happy Hour set up yet?
Looks like I'm here in Gawja until Saturday, gents. Do you have someone to take my spot?

In for August 1:1. ravnzfan/roadie?2. Fear The Turtle3. roarlions4. Rayderr5. CommuterMan6. Max/nittany7. pablito8. Jeff P.9. renesauz10. Go DC Yourself11. philly fanatic12. Kenlin13. Dayton14. The ManInsurance/auctioneer/man-about-town: roadkill1292Alt: Nittany's protege
Updated list.
Retrenchment time. We've had a few late cancels so we're down to 14 teams and back up to 18 man rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread