What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why Isn't CBS Showing the Steelers Titans Game in the NY Market (1 Viewer)

are you trying to be stupid?

it's fox's doubleheader day. cbs has 1 game. therefore, you get the jets at 4 p.m. you get no 1 p.m. game on cbs. on fox, you get a doubleheader with the pats at 1 and someone else at 4 (i didn't take the time to check for your).

Hating the Patriots is a full time occupation for Jets fans.HTH-QG
Maybe we would just rather watch the best game that is on at 1PM? The two best teams in the AFC? AZ is already mailing their games in. I'd rather get the best game... typical Pats fan self importance and well, stupidity. It isn't the Pats I don't like, it's their cluelss fans... LOL.But to answer the poster, it's a FOX game. Since AZ is NFC, and are away, it's a FOX game, an NFC game. The TV deal, as wierd as it is, says if the Giants don't play at one or four o'clock, and the Jets are away at 4pm, Fox gets an NFC game at 1pm, and FOX gets the NY area doubleheader, a game at 1, a game at 4.

Maybe we would just rather watch the best game that is on at 1PM? The two best teams in the AFC? AZ is already mailing their games in. I'd rather get the best game... typical Pats fan self importance and well, stupidity. It isn't the Pats I don't like, it's their cluelss fans... LOL.But to answer the poster, it's a FOX game. Since AZ is NFC, and are away, it's a FOX game, an NFC game. The TV deal, as wierd as it is, says if the Giants don't play at one or four o'clock, and the Jets are away at 4pm, Fox gets an NFC game at 1pm, and FOX gets the NY area doubleheader, a game at 1, a game at 4.
Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? :thumbup: Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!

Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? ;) Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!
Typical trash talk moronic nonsense that I have come to expect from Pats fans. The Jets have been awful, Favre in particular, and I expect them to lose to Seattle. Happy now? I don't just blindly root for my team. I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game. You might want to try this. It's fun. But... Pats fans have that "gang" mentality. A rational football discussion is not possible when facing such toolishness. You are a senior? In what? High school? :kicksrock:

Hating the Patriots is a full time occupation for Jets fans.

HTH

-QG
Tell the truth; you're nervous about that Seattle game aren't you? :P Cuz if you lose that game, you run the chance of being bounced from the playoffs by Chad Pennington. Oops!
Typical trash talk moronic nonsense that I have come to expect from Pats fans. The Jets have been awful, Favre in particular, and I expect them to lose to Seattle. Happy now? I don't just blindly root for my team. I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game. You might want to try this. It's fun. But... Pats fans have that "gang" mentality. A rational football discussion is not possible when facing such toolishness. You are a senior? In what? High school? :kicksrock:
I'm a football fan. An objective student of the game. <_< :scared: :lmao:

Relax, Francis.

Incidentally I was kinda joking as surely it's all about the Fox doubleheader week.

None of this affects me actually (I'll be going to a sports bar to watch my Who Deys and whatever games impact my fantasy championship).

Anything that's not Jets or Giants around here is basically a gift as on most weekends around here that's all we get.

-QG

Why didn't they show the Packers game in northern Wisconsin/Minnesota when the Vikings on Fox.

QuizGuy66 said:
Incidentally I was kinda joking as surely it's all about the Fox doubleheader week.
That's the point I don't get. Why can't they both show doubleheaders?I realize we always get the Jets and Giants and that they usually do not put another game on opposite a Jets or Giants game. But there is no Jet/Giant game on at 1:00 and thus I don't see why we can't get both a CBS and FOX game.

That's the point I don't get. Why can't they both show doubleheaders?I realize we always get the Jets and Giants and that they usually do not put another game on opposite a Jets or Giants game. But there is no Jet/Giant game on at 1:00 and thus I don't see why we can't get both a CBS and FOX game.
Because the NFL wants you to buy the NFL Ticket on Direct TV.$$$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
QuizGuy66 said:
When FOX loses the NYG game, they don't have a Sunday afternoon NY market game. That gives them the right (as per the NFL TV deal) to carry a double header. CBS gets a NY market game (the Jets) at 4pm. They don't get a double header when they can air a NY market team on Sunday afternoon. They DO get a doubleheader if the JETS don't play a 1 pm or a 4pm game and the Giants are away. It's pretty complicated, actually. It is, as usual, all about the $$$... the ratings. That is what drives all of this stuff. The very last thing they worry about is what the fans want.

Rovers said:
Peter_Griffin said:
QuizGuy66 said:
When FOX loses the NYG game, they don't have a Sunday afternoon NY market game. That gives them the right (as per the NFL TV deal) to carry a double header. CBS gets a NY market game (the Jets) at 4pm. They don't get a double header when they can air a NY market team on Sunday afternoon. They DO get a doubleheader if the JETS don't play a 1 pm or a 4pm game and the Giants are away. It's pretty complicated, actually. It is, as usual, all about the $$$... the ratings. That is what drives all of this stuff. The very last thing they worry about is what the fans want.
If it's about $$$$$ and ratings, why wouldn't both networks have doubleheaders all the time as long as there is no conflict with the local team? ##### NFL!

Users who are viewing this thread