What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Cutler at risk to be pulled? (1 Viewer)

pfalvey

Footballguy
If the Chargers lose to TB allowing Denver to clinch, what are the chances the Broncos pull Cutler at halftime or shortly after. I know Shanahan has cut-off TV/news of the game to his players, but that doesn't give any indication of whether he might rest some of his starters if the Chargers lose their 1pm game. What has Shanahan done in the past in this situation?

If the Chargers lose to TB allowing Denver to clinch, what are the chances the Broncos pull Cutler at halftime or shortly after. I know Shanahan has cut-off TV/news of the game to his players, but that doesn't give any indication of whether he might rest some of his starters if the Chargers lose their 1pm game. What has Shanahan done in the past in this situation?
I'd think he has cut off all news to his players, because he wants them to play hard regardless if San Diego wins or not.

I don't see it happening, unless the Broncos have a huge lead in the 4th quarter or something like that. The Bronco are so inconsistent, and they cannot afford to sit guys and have them get rusty before the playoffs (if they make them). They should go all-out today and in next week's game, so they are playing as well as possible. They will need to be playing well to beat the Colts (their first round opponent should they win the division).

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Cutler at risk to be pulled? Due to Chargers loss/Broncos clinch
No.Read Ghost Rider's post. Shanahan may pull some starters in the 4th quarter if Denver has a huge lead, but there id no way on God's green earth that he pulls starters because they clinch a playoff spot based on somebody else's loss.

Is Cutler at risk to be pulled? Due to Chargers loss/Broncos clinch
No.Read Ghost Rider's post. Shanahan may pull some starters in the 4th quarter if Denver has a huge lead, but there id no way on God's green earth that he pulls starters because they clinch a playoff spot based on somebody else's loss.
ok ... he may not yank Cutler early (if it is clinched), but ... honestly, Cutler is their whole f_rickin' offense! do you think he'll be slinging deep into the second half of a basically meaningless game? for what?so, if some fluke injury occured, Shanny could say "yeah, but WE BEAT THE BILLS IN WEEK 16 HAWWWW YEAH!!!!!"c'mon, to dismiss the concerns us Cutler owners have (if SD loses) is ridiculous. :bag:

and put in patrick ramsey? highly unlikely. this team needs all the momentum, reps, whatever, it can get right now.

Users who are viewing this thread