What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

He went to Jared (3 Viewers)

Otis

Footballguy
Well I won't. Ever.

Seriously. How many of you guys are so fed up with these awful commercials that you'll never, ever spend a single dollar at a Jared jewelry store. Honestly, I'd pay 100 or 1000 dollars more elsewhere just so I don't have to shop at this craphole.

:goodposting:

Jared or Kay.

The Kay commercials are unbelievably douchy, with the romantic plays on words. Especially the one with the deaf woman. I cringe.

I make it a point NOT to shop at these places as I get some sort of defeated feeling like the evil ad campaign won.

Jared or Kay.The Kay commercials are unbelievably douchy, with the romantic plays on words. Especially the one with the deaf woman. I cringe. I make it a point NOT to shop at these places as I get some sort of defeated feeling like the evil ad campaign won.
Another good one. The marketing people for both must be #######. In what other industry do you do everything possible to piss off the people spending the money on your products? I can't think of one.

Jared or Kay.The Kay commercials are unbelievably douchy, with the romantic plays on words. Especially the one with the deaf woman. I cringe. I make it a point NOT to shop at these places as I get some sort of defeated feeling like the evil ad campaign won.
:goodposting: I had this exact conversation about an hour ago

Its not even the commercials so much as the overkill - playing the commercial OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER during every single football game commercial break.

They purposely do it in the hopes that a poor sap is watching the game with his girl and she sees the commercial at the same time as him and asks for a gift from there.

Well I won't. Ever.

Seriously. How many of you guys are so fed up with these awful commercials that you'll never, ever spend a single dollar at a Jared jewelry store. Honestly, I'd pay 100 or 1000 dollars more elsewhere just so I don't have to shop at this craphole.

:coffee:
for real? you hate them that much? In that case, let me know what you want, I will go to Jared and charge you a $100 service fee.

Another good one. The marketing people for both must be #######. In what other industry do you do everything possible to piss off the people spending the money on your products? I can't think of one.
You can go overboard in the "tough guy" direction as well, but what guy wants to see this crap smack dab in the middle of a football game? They can probably get much better results by paying a cult-hero C or D lister that guys love to pitch something. For example, I used to love the DirecTV commercial for Sunday Ticket/Superfan with the coach from Rudy. Those were funny.

Well I won't. Ever.Seriously. How many of you guys are so fed up with these awful commercials that you'll never, ever spend a single dollar at a Jared jewelry store. Honestly, I'd pay 100 or 1000 dollars more elsewhere just so I don't have to shop at this craphole. :coffee:
So you're "THAT GUY" from the Helzberg Diamond ads, eh?

Well I won't. Ever.

:coffee:
for real? you hate them that much? In that case, let me know what you want, I will go to Jared and charge you a $100 service fee.
wat

There's some weird stuff going on right now. With commercials I mean.

Those jewelry commercials are so skeevy, that they are funny. I think of them as entertainment. In this economy, those commercials make me laugh.

I have been noticing commercials lately, which is rare for me.

That camera commercial with the whole thing done with still photos? Very cool.

What's with the chicken McNugget revolution? Did I miss a MySpace uprising, and now McNuggets are hip?

If I was McDonald's, I would immediately run a bunch of ads stating that we have people that have eaten LOTS of hamburgers, and they prefer ours.

the ashton kutcher camera commercials are no picnic either

buy thru me, that way you dont have to go to Jared but you can still get what you need.

My philosophy on commercials, and I have argued with many who disagree, is that the mere fact that we are talking about it, or typing, is evidence of the add being effective. Therefore it is a profitable commercial despite its annoyances.

How the hell do these marketers get jobs? The put out the most ######ed garbage ever. A monkey could do a better job...

I hate these commercials so much that not only do they make me hate Jareds, they're starting to make me hate women too.

the sales manager at the local Kay was so unbelievably hot that i had no choice but to stop in. she's like a siren. i walked outta there a couple hundred bucks lighter and didn't even notice it until a week later.:Xtrout/keggers> stop in and check her out some time. brunette with a 10 body and some vaguely eastern european/south american/central asian accent that could be completely phony but is crazy hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
buy thru me, that way you dont have to go to Jared but you can still get what you need.My philosophy on commercials, and I have argued with many who disagree, is that the mere fact that we are talking about it, or typing, is evidence of the add being effective. Therefore it is a profitable commercial despite its annoyances.
Oh yeah, nothing says successful commercial like a bunch of people talking about how they'd never buy something from that company because the commercials are so awful."Hey guys! 30 more people said that they'd never shop at our store because of our commercials! Slap em high!"

There's some weird stuff going on right now. With commercials I mean. Those jewelry commercials are so skeevy, that they are funny. I think of them as entertainment. In this economy, those commercials make me laugh. I have been noticing commercials lately, which is rare for me.That camera commercial with the whole thing done with still photos? Very cool. What's with the chicken McNugget revolution? Did I miss a MySpace uprising, and now McNuggets are hip? If I was McDonald's, I would immediately run a bunch of ads stating that we have people that have eaten LOTS of hamburgers, and they prefer ours.
I'm actually a big fan of the Lexus commercials where people are giving them away as Christmas gifts.

I thought that by playing the commercial numerous times signifies that it is a strong brand that signals quality and thus by overpaying for that brand that tells the female that i desire that she means a lot to me and i have a lot of money?

oh, than then we can have the secks.

buy thru me, that way you dont have to go to Jared but you can still get what you need.My philosophy on commercials, and I have argued with many who disagree, is that the mere fact that we are talking about it, or typing, is evidence of the add being effective. Therefore it is a profitable commercial despite its annoyances.
Oh yeah, nothing says successful commercial like a bunch of people talking about how they'd never buy something from that company because the commercials are so awful."Hey guys! 30 more people said that they'd never shop at our store because of our commercials! Slap em high!"
Well, Jared would be one of the first places that comes to mind if I were thinking Diamonds. I may not be a very savy consumer but their commercials are memorable, albeit unfavorable. Either way, Jared has a thread, Kay doesnt, therefore Jared is getting more digs for their money.

If you love her, you'll buy her a very large diamond. If you don't buy her a very large diamond, you don't love her.

I'd never go to any mall store... ever. I can't believe that so many people buy from them.

They are so overpriced and their pieces so unoriginal. Maybe I just feel this way because everything is mass produced and thus, lacks originality.

Having a jeweler you know is the only way to go. You can get truly stunning stones in very impressive settings at a fraction of the price.

Also, as long as you're avoiding impulse buys, you can play the field and take advantage of "right place, right time" opportunities. It really is the only way to go.

Bottom line, if you buy jewelery with any type of regularity or frequency, you need your own jeweler that is not in a mall.

Well, Jared would be one of the first places that comes to mind if I were thinking Diamonds. I may not be a very savy consumer but their commercials are memorable, albeit unfavorable. Either way, Jared has a thread, Kay doesnt, therefore Jared is getting more digs for their money.
Oh it does, it does.

How the hell do these marketers get jobs? The put out the most ######ed garbage ever. A monkey could do a better job...
You're not their target audience.
Again, you're not their target audience.

Diamonds:BiggestScamEver
Agreed. Not only that - the core of the business is morally corrupt. Bloodshed, price fixing, misrepresentation ...I purchased the obligatory diamond for my wife to be and did a modest upgrade 10 years later, but it hurt like hell. In the meantime - little to no jewelry (some nice pearls). I hate these guys.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to marry the kind of vapid tramp whose first reaction to my request to spend the rest of our life in holy matrimony with her, foresaking all others, until death do we part is to text message her status-obsessed friends with the name of the store where the symbol of my undying love came from.

You're not their target audience.
Again, you're not their target audience.
I'm pretty sure I am.

Users who are viewing this thread