What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Check in if you're staying home New Year's (1 Viewer)

flapgreen

Footballguy
:hey: Yes..staying at home is classified as nothing. Life has changed a lot over the past few years. :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
28. single. staying home. i'll let the amateurs crash their cars and get arrested tonight. tyvm. i'll be getting drunk and compiling kernels while i watch cartoons and star wars. or something even nerdier than that.

"staying in" @ my sisters and getting rip-roarin drunk. then staying drunk and going to the winter classic at wrigley! helllllllllls yes.

Probly watch a movie with the kids. I think we have the latest Indiana Jones movie here for tonight.

Just as we have done for countless years, we're not doing anything. I'm sifting through some recipes for something good to make for the wife and son. I'll probably open a bottle of wine or have a few beers but that's about it and I'm fine with it.

playing the Gears, and then will head out at like 11:15-30 and see if I can snap some pics of the ball dropping and then going home.

Wife, 2 kids (6 and 3) and I will be watching Kung Fu Panda on PPV and ordering pizza. I will be the only one to make it to midnight anyway.

:shrug:

I prefer to stay home on this night. We are always invited somewhere, but we always stay home and chill.

Doing nothing here tonight either. My husband and I are both getting over a stomach virus so going out was the last thing we felt like doing and I hate being out on the roads on New Year's Eve. We are just gonna watch movies, play some games, & relax.

Staying in with the Mrs., and having random junk food items until the ball drops, and whatever else we feel like doing.

Staying home, I'm not feeling super well, kid will be sleeping, wife is pregnant and can't drink, mother-in-law is in town.

Best I can hope for is a little champagne, a cocktail or 2, watch the ball drop on TV then hope MIL goes to bed so I can smoke a spliff.

Staying home, I'm not feeling super well, kid will be sleeping, wife is pregnant and can't drink, mother-in-law is in town.Best I can hope for is a little champagne, a cocktail or 2, watch the ball drop on TV then hope MIL goes to bed so I can smoke a spliff.
:wristslash: Hang in there - that doesn't sound like much fun at all.I'm in the "wish I was staying home" camp.

Staying home, I'm not feeling super well, kid will be sleeping, wife is pregnant and can't drink, mother-in-law is in town.Best I can hope for is a little champagne, a cocktail or 2, watch the ball drop on TV then hope MIL goes to bed so I can smoke a spliff.
:wristslash: Hang in there - that doesn't sound like much fun at all.I'm in the "wish I was staying home" camp.
Well I'm in the "wish I was going out" camp, maybe we can switch places?

Just as we have done for countless years, we're not doing anything. I'm sifting through some recipes for something good to make for the wife and son. I'll probably open a bottle of wine or have a few beers but that's about it and I'm fine with it.
Alright. The menu is set.Chicken with Apricots, Olives and Couscous Sauteed Broccoli with Oil and GarlicHoppin' JohnJust opening a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and have some Pinot Grigio chilling in the freezer.

Haven't gone out for years. Sister and her fam come over. For some reason the tradition got started that they bring shrimp and those chik-fila nuggets. We hang out and none of us drink. Usually play some Sequence and Wii. Then we light off one firework and bang pans at midnight.

Haven't gone out for years. Sister and her fam come over. For some reason the tradition got started that they bring shrimp and those chik-fila nuggets. We hang out and none of us drink. Usually play some Sequence and Wii. Then we light off one firework and bang pans at midnight.
We used to do that bang pots and pans thing when I lived back east. We walked through the neighborhood doing it. One year we got back to the house missing an uncle. We went back out and we found him passed out in a snow bank with puke all over him. :X :The best part was after we found him we went back to the house to get the camera for pics. :lmao: I think those pics are still in the family album.

Suddenly, I feel much better. thanks

:goodposting:

It's been years since I wanted to go out on New Years. Pizza, some wine and maybe a movie. The wife probably won't make it until midnight since we're both a bit toasted already.

and it all works for me.

We were supposed to spend 4-5 days camping and caving, but my girlfriend broke her wrist while we were snowboarding on Christmas. We decided to ignore our other party invites and are hanging out on the couch drinking and waiting on dinner to finish and then she wants to watch some Star Trek TNG episodes. :goodposting:

:sadbanana:

8 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: Weiner Dog, FinHead, jamny, Land Rush 101

Staying home, girlfriends in the other room, not talking to me. I'm 7 beers in, watching hockey and playing a tourney on Pstars. Life is very good!

Staying home. got wings to go. WIfe will be in bed by 10. Sons (9 & 12) want to stay up until midnight. Sparkling Cider has beenn purchsed ... for them.

Planning on going down to the Gator Bowl tomorrow and drinking my face off. (Beer is served in Jacksonville Municpal Stadium aka Alltel Stadium) Then coming home and watching most of the Rose Bowl and drinking my face off more.

Probly watch a movie with the kids. I think we have the latest Indiana Jones movie here for tonight.
Have a good night guys. It is showtime here. I expect this movie to be worse then bad so maybe with my low expectations I will like it. :excited:

Staying home with newborn little girl (13 weeks on Friday).

2008 was pretty terrific for our household. Lots of temporary problems, shrinking portfolio, health issues, etc...all of which seems quite distant the instant she smiles back at me.

Happy New Year all.

Just home from the hospital today with our new son....just looking for some/any sweet, sweet sleep.

This is one New Years' Eve where I'll be ecstatic if I miss the ball drop because I fell asleep.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? Check

Clint Eastwood marathon on t.v.? Check

PokerStars up and running? Check

Wife saying she wants to #### me to bring in the new year with a bang? Check

:hot:

I'm still at work. :hot:
Me, too. Does that count as "doing nothing"?I'm working 911 dispatch sending out fire trucks. Been here since 7am. Be here 'til 7am tomorrow on what'll probably probably be the busiest night of the year.Very dry here + fireworks + lots of drunk, stupid people = a very crazy night here.Y'all be safe, please & Happy New Year!

Just home from the hospital today with our new son....just looking for some/any sweet, sweet sleep.This is one New Years' Eve where I'll be ecstatic if I miss the ball drop because I fell asleep.
Congratulations!You'll get some sleep...in a coupla years!Seriously, though...as tired as you're gonna be, just remember, mama's probably more tired. Good luck and have fun with that new little one in the new year!

Users who are viewing this thread