What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looking for Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

Nate Blough

Footballguy
I am lookgin to join a dynasty league for 09. Trying to spend around 75. Looking for a PPR league and no IDP. Anyone interested in starting one up you can e-mail me at iloveavril568@aol.com. Thanks in advance.

I am lookgin to join a dynasty league for 09. Trying to spend around 75. Looking for a PPR league and no IDP. Anyone interested in starting one up you can e-mail me at iloveavril568@aol.com. Thanks in advance.
Nate, if you find a league, let me know-- I am looking to add another Dynasty, too.Unfortunately, I am not able to "run" any leagues--Only interested in leagues where the COMMISH is an active participant-- not merely "operating" them.

I was wanting to join a dynasty or was thinking of starting one myself, i'm very active and love the fantasy football world!!!

Let me know if you find one with the same scoring!!!

All,

I'm looking for a similar situation as well. If we get enough replies in this thread, I'll be happy to set up a league at MFL and commish the league.

I would think something like 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF would work (no IDP). Thoughts?

All,I'm looking for a similar situation as well. If we get enough replies in this thread, I'll be happy to set up a league at MFL and commish the league. I would think something like 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF would work (no IDP). Thoughts?
Sounds good.How about doing the waiver wire with bidding money? Set a limit of like $100 for the entire year.

Sounds fine to me. Official list to date:

1 - Nate Blough

2 - Howlin Wolf

3 - Just Cuz

4 - Flying Spaghetti Monster

5 - Three Thousand

I could be persuaded. I'm in too many leagues already but none with an FBG clan. Keep me informed.

1 - Nate Blough

2 - Howlin Wolf

3 - Just Cuz

4 - Flying Spaghetti Monster

5 - Three Thousand

6 - Jello Biafra

7 - Trey

8 - ES

9 - JD

10 - CC

11 - Trey's friend

12 - 2323 (perhaps).

That gives us 12 assuming no changes. Please PM me email addresses you'd prefer to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
fyi: i have a friend from the huddle that is looking around for a new dynasty league to join so if we need another guy he would get in on a moment's notice

Ok guys, you got a preference on site? I figure $50 per team (or so) * 12 teams would be $600. MFL is great, but at $150 per team it would take a large chunk of the winnings.

I'd probably prefer ESPN just because you can set up a free league.

Also, I think I'd prefer having 2 drafts - 1 for the established players now (or very soon, but springtime sometime) and then 1 for the rookies (with reverse draft order) just before the season starts. Thoughts?

Ok guys, you got a preference on site? I figure $50 per team (or so) * 12 teams would be $600. MFL is great, but at $150 per team it would take a large chunk of the winnings. I'd probably prefer ESPN just because you can set up a free league.Also, I think I'd prefer having 2 drafts - 1 for the established players now (or very soon, but springtime sometime) and then 1 for the rookies (with reverse draft order) just before the season starts. Thoughts?
I have never played at ESPN, but have no issue using that site. I have used myfantasy league, CBS sportsline, and yahoo in the past, all have suited my needs.I like the two draft idea.First one the vets after the Superbowl and then a three round draft for rookies after the NFL draft (April 25th - 26th).The draft order can be drawn using a dice site. Whichever order is determined for the vets draft - the rookie draft needs to be the reverse.

I'm not a member of this league, but for the leagues sake I'd advise not doing two drafts. This can be extremely unfair by law of averages.

There is minimal difference statistically between having the 1st or 12th pick in a vet snake draft. There is a huge difference between the 1st and 12th rookie pick.

I'm just pointing out that this will not start the league out on equal footing, even though some teams will get lucky and end up okay.

I'm not a member of this league, but for the leagues sake I'd advise not doing two drafts. This can be extremely unfair by law of averages. There is minimal difference statistically between having the 1st or 12th pick in a vet snake draft. There is a huge difference between the 1st and 12th rookie pick.I'm just pointing out that this will not start the league out on equal footing, even though some teams will get lucky and end up okay.
:lmao:

Started up about 5-6 dynasty leagues last year. Strongly advise against doing two drafts for the initial. Keep it all in one.

Zowned said:
Started up about 5-6 dynasty leagues last year. Strongly advise against doing two drafts for the initial. Keep it all in one.
:popcorn: Having two separate drafts for your startup does one very major thing....it mandates that every single owner in the league begin his squad with 1) a predetermined number of vets and 2) a predetermined number of rookies. That is not a good idea for a startup draft. A combined draft offers much more flexibility in the way you shape your squad.

I'm in if this is as a standard ppr, no IDP....

I'm in many leagues but standard ppr escapes m for some reason!

50 dollar fee is good, but extra cash for waivers would suck, just cuz the economy does!

I like the 2 drafts for owners sake, however might be hard to organize 2 drafts!

And CBS seems to be good too

Rcommended rosters

QB, maybe 2 QB's to spice it up!

RB

RB

WR

WR

WR

TE

FLEX

K

DEF

6 point TD for all

I would be willing to commishion a league of the sort!!!

ALSO, throwing a "SHOTGUN" for an alternate if we need one.... the nameless person said he is interested if an opening comes up

Ok guys, you got a preference on site? I figure $50 per team (or so) * 12 teams would be $600. MFL is great, but at $150 per team it would take a large chunk of the winnings.

I'd probably prefer ESPN just because you can set up a free league.

Also, I think I'd prefer having 2 drafts - 1 for the established players now (or very soon, but springtime sometime) and then 1 for the rookies (with reverse draft order) just before the season starts. Thoughts?
not to be a butt-inski....but I'll butt-inski :goodposting: 1---not sure where you got your figures from, but let me make a case for MyFantasyLeague.com

-you can set up your league now, free, once you have ownership established and draw draft positions

-once your league is established and up 'n running, there are 3 pay periods you can choose from when deciding when to payup (using last years fees):

pay by 6/10...$69.95

pay by 7/31...$79.95

after 8/1........$89.95

in other words, nowhere near $150...CBS on the otherhand ran $119 the last year I was in a league using them, and is now $129, I do believe

-you can set up the league scoring, rules, etc now....and simply roll all that admin work over into the '09 site when they roll it out, probably mid-late Feburary

2---about 2 drafts

my dynasty leagues started using 2 seperate drafts, but the guys preferred allowing rooks to be drafted in the original draft, then start drafting rooks seperate after season 1 is complete

(my leagues use a 20 man roster, w/1-IR spot...FYI)

we draft 22 to stock rosters, then cut to 20 for good August 1st, of season 1...

come 8/1 in season 2, we draft rookies using worst-to-first from non-playoff teams (1-6), then worst-to-first among the 8 playoff squads(7-14)

this way, teams can either go ultra young, if they prefer, or stock a club full of vets

good luck!

Hey, sorry didnt check this in a while. I got in the Recruits League, so Im set for now. If anyone wants in that I think we have 1 opening. The league is very active usually 4-5 people on right now even though its offseason. Weve hammered out some rule discrpencies and we use League Safe for the money which is really good. Were aiming to draft the week after the NFL draft.

I'll jump in. I've been looking for a dynasty league to replace the one that fell apart a couple years ago. $50 I can afford and the other league I joined via this forum has been outstanding!

klyde21@msn.com is my email.

I'll jump in. I've been looking for a dynasty league to replace the one that fell apart a couple years ago. $50 I can afford and the other league I joined via this forum has been outstanding!klyde21@msn.com is my email.
I haven't checked in in a while. Sorry about that - started new job. I'd prefer 1 draft and using MFL. CBS charges way too much and is inferior to MFL. I PM'd my email address.

I'll jump in. I've been looking for a dynasty league to replace the one that fell apart a couple years ago. $50 I can afford and the other league I joined via this forum has been outstanding!klyde21@msn.com is my email.
I haven't checked in in a while. Sorry about that - started new job. I'd prefer 1 draft and using MFL. CBS charges way too much and is inferior to MFL. I PM'd my email address.
What is happening with all of this?I am still available for the right league:1. no IDP2. MFL only3.$50-754. SINGLE draft (vets/rookies)5. COMMISH/owner same person

I'll jump in. I've been looking for a dynasty league to replace the one that fell apart a couple years ago. $50 I can afford and the other league I joined via this forum has been outstanding!

What is happening with all of this?
looks like Nate started this thread, but has since joined another league...who wants to step up and run this puppy? :lmao:

What is happening with all of this?
looks like Nate started this thread, but has since joined another league...who wants to step up and run this puppy? :goodposting:
I though Three Thousand was going to run it?

Ok, I am up for joining 1 startup this year. Will set up a league site, etc. with $75 buy-in and contact the owners that expressed interest later tonight.

Ok, I am up for joining 1 startup this year. Will set up a league site, etc. with $75 buy-in and contact the owners that expressed interest later tonight.
Only interested in a league on MFL - -see earlier post with additional limitations

Zowned said:
No offense, but I'm looking to get into a dynasty league that isn't run by someone that runs numerous leagues for profit.

Zowned said:
No offense, but I'm looking to get into a dynasty league that isn't run by someone that runs numerous leagues for profit.
:hifive: The ones that I am in are not ran for profit and are 100% payout so not seeing the problem here. Only 3 of the leagues that I run I am not in and I may join the one this year since a team opened up in it.

I'm still planning on running this (and being an owner in it), unless someone else wants to do it or has a problem with that.

That being said, I am waiting on a few more email addresses to be able to appropriately set up the league, and so that we can take this offline to be able to manage it better. I still see:

PPR, no IDP, $50-$70 league fees, sounds like 1 draft is better

1 QB, 2/3 RB, 3/4 WR, TE, DST, K starting lineup, with large rosters (something like 22-25 players).

fake cash Blind Bid waivers (all owners have $100 in blind bid dollars to start, this isn't real $$).

I've got down as interested:

1 - Howlin Wolf (pm received)

2 - Just Cuz (pm received)

3 - Three Thousand (commish)

4 - Flying Spaghetti Monster (need email)

5 - Jello Biafra (pm received)

6 - Buckna (pm received)

7 - ES (pm received)

8 - JD (pm received)

9 - CC (pm received)

10 - Open?

11 - Bud Kilmer (email received)

12 - Bike Seat Sniffa (pm received)

Looks like I still need contact info for Flying Spaghetti Monster, Trey, and Trey's friend. Please let me know if you're not still interested so that we can try to find 1 more.

Zowned, if you'd like to run this (and be an owner, to ensure 100% payout), that's fine by me. I can forward all pertinent email addresses to you.

its a 12 teamer, i think the first 12 to pm, the next 3 out of 4 to respond!!!

The rules were stated above, all though in not full detail, that is the platform on which the league will run!

I believe the first 12 out of 13 to respond will solidify the league and as I was led to believe would then hammer out the league site, final statistical details, draft and pay date! I believe everyone will be into drafting right after the nfl draft!

remember we were not able to mark down anything yet, all we are doing is nailing down 12 participants!

3000 - Do you run any other leagues here or have any other sort of background. I'm always hesitant to leagues forming on here since that did happen once last year already though your usernname seems real familiar to me for some reason.

I would be willin to run the league, if need be!!!

All though i am comfortable with him running the league, he seemed to wanna pass it on earlier, so to me that says he had no intention to be a shady cat!!!

3000 - Do you run any other leagues here or have any other sort of background. I'm always hesitant to leagues forming on here since that did happen once last year already though your usernname seems real familiar to me for some reason.
Zowned, I'm in your BZ Dynasty League C - Cincinnati Bowties.All, I play in a number of dynasty leagues already, including one with Zowned as noted above. I was planning on running this league, but am happy to let him run it if that's what the majority want (I've had a good experience with the other league to date).

I would prefer you run it, you took it on initially so have at it 3000--- lets just get this thing done, so we can get paid and get picks and trading of them and stuff!!!

I would prefer you run it, you took it on initially so have at it 3000--- lets just get this thing done, so we can get paid and get picks and trading of them and stuff!!!
I agree with all of the above. I think it's safe to say that those that haven't replied yet probably don't want in? Perhaps we should start recruiting some from our other leagues? 3000, it's your call.

I generally add 1 new initial draft a year and am interested.

A couple of my leagues have rules that require every team to be an active participant. One such rule is that you have to log in a minimum of once a month during the offseason. I would be in favor of something like that in the rules. I think active leagues with a group of owners that are heavily interested are a lot of fun. Otherwise it's just boring if a bunch of the league owners disappear for half the year.

Hey guys, scratch me and my buddy off the list and bump up the next few people. I'm going to hold off a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread