Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
DenverBroncos

Official Joe Flacco - Kind of Sucks

Ill remind everyone freakin about flacco hurting sutton...

With Flacco dealt, and Foles/Bridgewater on the move, important to keep in mind what happened last year ...

* The Browns dealt for Taylor, then took Mayfield.

* The Jets signed McCown and Bridgewater, then took Darnold.

*The Cardinals signed Bradford, then took Rosen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckna said:

Flacco sucks. Huge downgrade for Sutton and Hamilton, Sanders is done. Possible bump for Lindsay due to dump-offs. If you wanted a bridge QB, just pay Keenum his full salary for the year, you've got to pay him $7M guaranteed either way. If they do still draft a QB in the first, he'll be starting by mid-season.

Flacco may suck in the fantasy game, but he is more than competent as an NFL QB. I believe he's only had ONE losing season in his 10+ years in the league. Her's no Tom Brady of course, but he is a very good NFL QB.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Ravens were good b/c of Flacco or their defense. In his 11 seasons, their scoring offense was top 10 3 times and top 7 zero times. The scoring D was top 10 9 times and top 7 7 times. Since 2015, in Flacco's starts, Ravens are 24-27 and he has 64 TD and 46 INT, 5.36 any/a, 82.7 rtg. Long story short, he is definitely not a very good NFL QB.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, tex said:

Flacco may suck in the fantasy game, but he is more than competent as an NFL QB. I believe he's only had ONE losing season in his 10+ years in the league. Her's no Tom Brady of course, but he is a very good NFL QB.

That’s 5x better than Drew Brees

Edited by Ilov80s

27 minutes ago, tex said:

I put this in the other thread but he's had stud defenses his entire tenure in Baltimore. They've ranked outside the top 12 in pts allowed only once the entire time he's been there, most of those years they were a top 6 defense or better. Since they won the SB, he's missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons and one of the 2 times they've made it, he got benched mid-season for a rookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tex said:

Lamar Jackson just went 6-1 with the same Ravens team that was 4-5 under Flacco.

If Flacco had played for a normal franchise and not one that could somehow keep a top defense together for more than a decade he'd be bagging my groceries right now.

3 hours ago, tex said:

🤨

I would argue that if the last few years there wasn’t a combination of lack of talent at the position plus the insane amount of money invested in him, Flacco wouldn’t be in the league. 

Edited by Elevencents

3 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

I wonder if the Ravens were good b/c of Flacco or their defense. In his 11 seasons, their scoring offense was top 10 3 times and top 7 zero times. The scoring D was top 10 9 times and top 7 7 times. Since 2015, in Flacco's starts, Ravens are 24-27 and he has 64 TD and 46 INT, 5.36 any/a, 82.7 rtg. Long story short, he is definitely not a very good NFL QB.

I don’t wonder at all. 

3 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

And as mentioned this is all with one of the best defenses in the league so he has had no reason to force to ball on a regular basis. 

The Broncos aren't expected to restructure Joe Flacco's contract.

Flacco is the 10th highest paid quarterback in the league with a $18.5 million salary. Denver doesn't plan to ask him to take a pay cut despite losing his starting job to Lamar Jackson and missing time with a hip injury last year. Flacco is owed $63 million the next three seasons, though none of that is guaranteed.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Feb 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

On 2/13/2019 at 4:21 PM, tex said:

I think he is an average at best regular season QB but as I tried to argue previously in this thread he's kind of a good to great playoff QB. Saw someone post a stat the other day I could not believe. Flacco is all time NFL leader in postseason road wins, that much I knew. 7 playoff road wins and 5 of those games he was facing future HOF QB's.

The stat surprised me that someone posted was that the entire Denver franchise only has 3 playoff road wins.

Not expecting much better than his play in BALT. The OC has never been an OC at this level. Rich Scangarello. Hopefully he wont call deep outs on 3rd and 2 repeatedly like the OCs in BALT did.

Elways states "At 34 years old, thought he (Flacco) was just going into his prime" and has plenty of football left in him. 

Per DLF... "Elway is clearly on the hot seat in Denver after failing to successfully address the quarterback position. It seems the reason may be because he's now gone insane."

Ah... a nice chuckle on a slow Thursday afternoon. :D

Twitter link 

11 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Elways states "At 34 years old, thought he (Flacco) was just going into his prime" and has plenty of football left in him. 

Per DLF... "Elway is clearly on the hot seat in Denver after failing to successfully address the quarterback position. It seems the reason may be because he's now gone insane."

Ah... a nice chuckle on a slow Thursday afternoon. :D

Twitter link 

Elway must be spending too much time in the Cannabis shops.

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

Elway must be spending too much time in the Cannabis shops.

Rocky mountain high, Colorado.