What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (1 Viewer)

jwojdylo

Footballguy
do you facebook and has it started to consume your life? i recently joined and it is quite addictive. i need to limit my time on there!

I do, but I don't see why it would take up a huge amount of time. :lmao:
Really? I spend seconds, sometime even minutes a day on it.TigerFan keeps popping up on my "People you may know" list but I'm too afraid to ask him to be my friend. Do you think he would go for it?

The ex set it up and ran it for me for awhile. Was big at school too. Never really got into it myself though other than to respond to messages or use it if i forgot someone's e-mail, but many people spend hours on it.

I do, but I don't see why it would take up a huge amount of time. :confused:
Really? I spend seconds, sometime even minutes a day on it.TigerFan keeps popping up on my "People you may know" list but I'm too afraid to ask him to be my friend. Do you think he would go for it?
Don't do it, man.
:confused: Pretty soon you'll be flooded with Drink Requests from iBroads.
It just ain't worth it.

Love it.

I've moved around a bit, have friends scattered far away, and it's a great way to keep in touch with people. And I ahve definitely gotten laid thanks to Facebook.

Some people are too into it, but I'm not really gonna throw too many stones as I post on a fantasy football message board.

Tried it out along with Myspace some time ago.

Realized I was just talking to people that I talk to on the phone/email all the time. At the point I deemed it all worthless.

I have no interest in "befriending" the fat girl that sat behind me in my 2nd period class in the 11th grade.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up about a month ago. Immediately got about 60 friends - mostly old high school and college buddies. I hardly use it but I go on from time to time to see what's going on with people.

So while I think it's great to do, it's not a daily thing.

A friend of mine teases girls on there. Adds hot chicks that have chosen to "attend an event" and then brings up being facebook friends when he sees them at the party. They talk about how they know the friends that they have in common. More power to him but I cancelled my page when my mom joined. Worlds Galaxies colliding indeed.

It seems there are two types of facebookers: those that can responsibly go on and leave within 15 minutes and those that are on the site for 4 hours and don't even realize it.

Facebook, Myspace, eHarmony... never used any of them. If I wanted to stay in touch with the people I knew in HS, I would have.

sure

I actually play alot of the free poker on there with old college and high school buddies.

:lmao:

No. The less information/ pictures of me floating around the better. Besides, I think it's mentally unhealthy. You log on that crap, and the next thing you know you have been :lmao: at pictures of friends, ex-gf, friends of friends, pages for hours. Not to mention, both of my parents have facebook now. :lmao:

My wife is addicted. :goodposting:

I have a page and have found some friends from High school but can't say I spend more than 15 minutes a day there. :diamond:

I spent a considerable amount of time messing around on there for the first few days I had it, but that waned. Now it's a couple minutes a few times a day...

Explain to me why a grown man would need to facebook.
I do because it's the easiest way I've found to look at and share pictures of my friends and family. If you aren't familiar with that interface, you wouldn't really understand, but I'd encourage you to take a look.

The want to be on facebook dies down after a while once you've made most of your contacts. You can always tell the new ones to facebook because they'll be constantly inviting you to "causes" or "throwing a sheep at you". I just ignore all of these. Don't see the point.

I think it depends on your age (37). My GB from HS recently split with his wife. He's been using it to hook back up with HS wimmins who are also now divorced. This seems like a good use of Facebook. Unfortunately he's also been contacted by every homely-looking, nosey broad that we went to HS with as well. If I were younger, and/or people I actually wanted to communicate with were on there, Id probably do it though.

Explain to me why a grown man would need to facebook.
:shrug: explain to me why grown men spend hours on a messageboard? ;)
:lmao: Touche. Something just screams teenager or creepy old guy when I think of facebook. Of course this is from the guy that's sent one text message in his life and was annoyed that I had to do it.
Many of my friends that have kids are on facebook. Put pictures of their kids, basketball games, birthday parties, etc. Maybe there is a lull in use after college but before you have kids.

I am on Facebook and use it for a few minutes each day - caught up with a bunch of people.

Recently through Facebook got together for a beer with 2 guys I used to play wiffle ball with every day when we were kids. We hadn't seen each other in 20 yrs - it was a blast catching up and reliving old stories.

Only problem I have is when clients see me on Facebook and want to friend me - I always refer them to my Linkedin page to try and keep the worlds from colliding.

Users who are viewing this thread