What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (3 Viewers)

Terrified as I may be of the internet, I guess it's time to splash in on this and hook up with some of my iFriends on Facebook...

Well, my mother added me as a friend today. :lmao:
I know, right? My mom's not on. But I have aunts and cousins on my list. That's no good. How am I supposed to post filthy things on Facebook when relatives are seeing all my posts?
Step one: cut a hole in the box. Step two: make a facebook "list" of people you want to limit. Step three: go to settings>privacy>profile. Under each drop down you will have the option to "customize." In that screen, you can exclude friends or lists of friends. Type in the list you made. Step four: continue taking your shirt off in bars, unworried that mom's friends will see pics of it on facebook. Cheers!

Steve Tasker said:
jdoggydogg said:
Steve Tasker said:
Well, my mother added me as a friend today. :rolleyes:
I know, right? My mom's not on. But I have aunts and cousins on my list. That's no good. How am I supposed to post filthy things on Facebook when relatives are seeing all my posts?
Well....I know this is shtick, and I really don't have anything "bad" on Facebook that my mom can't see, but it's the principle of the thing....
at least you haven't gotten laughed at right out of the gate... :rolleyes:

Steve Tasker said:
jdoggydogg said:
Steve Tasker said:
Well, my mother added me as a friend today. :lmao:
Well....I know this is shtick, and I really don't have anything "bad" on Facebook that my mom can't see, but it's the principle of the thing....
at least you haven't gotten laughed at right out of the gate... :mellow:
I was laughing WITH you, not AT you....if that's what you're referring to.I'd be a fan too if I knew who the hell she was.

Otis said:
Terrified as I may be of the internet, I guess it's time to splash in on this and hook up with some of my iFriends on Facebook...
Still waiting on the friend request.

I love Facebook for getting in touch with friends I lost contact with and staying in touch with a lot of friends that I otherwise would not keep up with as much.

Are people really gonna start trying to friend each others' friends? I may need to bail on this if it's gonna get weird. :thumbup:

Studs is already hitting on one of my sister's friends :thumbup:

Are people really gonna start trying to friend each others' friends? I may need to bail on this if it's gonna get weird. :unsure:Studs is already hitting on one of my sister's friends :lmao:
No, that quote was a real life buddy of mine. He was just busting my balls...I'm friends with his whole family, including the lovely niece. Who I wouldn't touch on a friggin' dare since the male members of the family would toss me in a cuisinart without breaking a sweat. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have a Mafia Wars invite, but don’t know if it is my thing. Can I sign up with name/role and just look around without joining a group or automatically being “in play”? Do you have to invest a significant amount of time to do well?

I have a Mafia Wars invite, but don’t know if it is my thing. Can I sign up with name/role and just look around without joining a group or automatically being “in play”? Do you have to invest a significant amount of time to do well?
Don't do it. I got sucked in by a fellow FBGer back in November - he needed more Mafia and told me I'd never even have to play. I got sucked in, it's addictive as hell.If you do go through with it, manipulate your privacy settings so that it doesn't publish any of your Mafia Wars activity - otherwise, you'll look like a big loser on your profile page.

LOL, YSR; thx for the tips. I went to FB check the privacy settings you mentioned and saw a notification that I have earned 5 points for playing. :lol: All I did was allow the application, but didn't pick name or role. :pickle:

Are people really gonna start trying to friend each others' friends? I may need to bail on this if it's gonna get weird. :lol:Studs is already hitting on one of my sister's friends :lmao:
I wish Stubs was my friend on Facebook. :pickle:

Don't do it. I got sucked in by a fellow FBGer back in November - he needed more Mafia and told me I'd never even have to play. I got sucked in, it's addictive as hell.If you do go through with it, manipulate your privacy settings so that it doesn't publish any of your Mafia Wars activity - otherwise, you'll look like a big loser on your profile page.
I went throught the trouble of blocking all Mafia Wars posts... but noo... there are 3 people who post mafiawars status updates several times a day. "This guy robbed me..everyone attack him" ...etc. :lmao:

My favorite studs shticks so far:

1. becoming a fan of absolutely anything and everything

2. constantly switching from "single" to "it's complicated"

My favorite studs shticks so far:1. becoming a fan of absolutely anything and everything2. constantly switching from "single" to "it's complicated"
I personally like how we get the pg13 studs and I don't have to worry too much about my friends and family wondering about the weird people I know and why this jimmy c likes love songs.

I went throught the trouble of blocking all Mafia Wars posts... but noo... there are 3 people who post mafiawars status updates several times a day. "This guy robbed me..everyone attack him" ...etc. :confused:
Yikes. That's a crime worthy of "defriending"

If someone playing Mafia Wars in Maniac role would like a Top Mafia slot, PM me your profile. Actually, I can also free up a second slot for a Mogul.

Edit-Maniac Top Mafia slot filled; Mogul available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get any emails from a facebook fried with a link to a video? I got a few and they all have virus

Some of my friends are tell me they are getting emails from me with the same link but I did not send it

Users who are viewing this thread