Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jwojdylo

Do You Facebook?

If you didn't hear, Facebook is offering vanity URLs on a first come, first served basis starting this Saturday. This way your facebook profile will be facebook.com/"your name" instead of facebook.com/"random sequence of numbers"

Is there a way to send someone a "who are you?" message after they send you a friend request? I just got a friend request from a gal who went to high school with me but her profile has no picture up. It looks like she just got on the site. I don't recognize her last name (although I am thinking she is a friend I used to hang out with that has since been married so her last name is different).

I know I can always say yes and then unfriend if I don't know the person but I would rather not give her access to my profile if I don't need to.

Is there a way to send someone a "who are you?" message after they send you a friend request? I just got a friend request from a gal who went to high school with me but her profile has no picture up. It looks like she just got on the site. I don't recognize her last name (although I am thinking she is a friend I used to hang out with that has since been married so her last name is different). I know I can always say yes and then unfriend if I don't know the person but I would rather not give her access to my profile if I don't need to.

only if her profile isn't locked down...if her name is 'clickable,' you may be able to view her profile and her 'send her a message' link

Is there a way to send someone a "who are you?" message after they send you a friend request? I just got a friend request from a gal who went to high school with me but her profile has no picture up. It looks like she just got on the site. I don't recognize her last name (although I am thinking she is a friend I used to hang out with that has since been married so her last name is different). I know I can always say yes and then unfriend if I don't know the person but I would rather not give her access to my profile if I don't need to.

There's a "send a message" link next to the "accept" and "decline" buttons on the friend request.

TOGTFO

My HS reunion...

Maybe Attending(2)Sarah Alvord, Studs Duds

:kicksrock::excited:

There's a "send a message" link next to the "accept" and "decline" buttons on the friend request.
Duh, the link was sitting right in front of my face. I will give it a try. Thanks.

OK, how does Facebook know to suggest Captain Hook and radballs as friends?????

The Big Brother complex is a little creepy.....:nerd::banned:

who the #### is Jasper McPeanutbutter?

I currently have 3 FBG's as friends....and one of them is Woz.

Duh, the link was sitting right in front of my face. I will give it a try. Thanks.
Don't send a personal message if you don't want to give her access to your profile. Sending a message gives the other person access to your information for a month or something, though maybe that doesn't include the things that you are worried about. Also, that may have changed in all of the upgrades.

I have a Mafia Wars invite, but don’t know if it is my thing. Can I sign up with name/role and just look around without joining a group or automatically being “in play”? Do you have to invest a significant amount of time to do well?

Don't do it. I got sucked in by a fellow FBGer back in November - he needed more Mafia and told me I'd never even have to play. I got sucked in, it's addictive as hell.If you do go through with it, manipulate your privacy settings so that it doesn't publish any of your Mafia Wars activity - otherwise, you'll look like a big loser on your profile page.
This is sooo true.

I have a Mafia Wars invite, but don’t know if it is my thing. Can I sign up with name/role and just look around without joining a group or automatically being “in play”? Do you have to invest a significant amount of time to do well?

Don't do it. I got sucked in by a fellow FBGer back in November - he needed more Mafia and told me I'd never even have to play. I got sucked in, it's addictive as hell.If you do go through with it, manipulate your privacy settings so that it doesn't publish any of your Mafia Wars activity - otherwise, you'll look like a big loser on your profile page.
This is sooo true.
The addiction part or loser part? :shrug: I'm not addicted yet, but probably did spend too much time on it this past week trying to get income going. As far as publishing activity, I've turned off as much as possible. I don't understand the value of having stuff like "___ and ____ are now friends" all over the page. Edited by Mystery Achiever

OK, how does Facebook know to suggest Captain Hook and radballs as friends?????

Its just a program. It seems to suggest mutual friends and friends of friends.It suggested Unlucky to me. Edited by Mystery Achiever

This is sooo true.
The addiction part or loser part? :shrug: I'm not addicted yet, but probably did spend too much time on it this past week. As far as publishing activity, I've turned off as much as possible. I don't understand the value of having "___ and ____ are now friends" cluttering up the page.
Could someone explain Mafia Wars to me like I'm LHuckleberry. I've gotten around 10 invitations and I've blown them all off. Am I missing something good?

Could someone explain Mafia Wars to me like I'm LHuckleberry. I've gotten around 10 invitations and I've blown them all off. Am I missing something good?

Besides a plot to reduce office productivity beyond what fantasy sports has done? It is a role playing game , if you're familiar with those. ( I wasn't) .I've only been playing since last week; not sure yet if you're missing anything.ETA - Regarding getting a lot of invitations, the game has a viral/networking aspect that rewards people for having more mafia members and encourages sharing of activities and prizes. Edited by Mystery Achiever

Okay got conned into this mafia wars thing... checked my account and found this :unsure:

WTF? Dude just like hitting his headagainst a wall?

3 minutes ago:

You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 5 damage and dealing 12 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

4 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 24 damage and dealing 14 damage to your enemy. You gained 2 experience points and $0.

5 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 19 damage and dealing 24 damage to your enemy. You gained 2 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 14 damage and dealing 24 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 7 damage and dealing 25 damage to your enemy. You gained 2 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 14 damage and dealing 21 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

8 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug godsunderling.

You won the fight, taking 11 damage and dealing 12 damage to your enemy. You gained 1 experience points and $2,325.

1 hour, 15 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 10 damage and dealing 11 damage to your enemy. You gained 1 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 9 damage and dealing 5 damage to your enemy. You gained 1 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 22 damage and dealing 25 damage to your enemy. You gained 2 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 3 damage and dealing 4 damage to your enemy. You gained 2 experience points and $0.

1 hour, 33 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 13 damage and dealing 19 damage to your enemy. You gained 1 experience points and $0.

1 hour, 38 minutes ago:You were attacked by TVL.

You lost the fight, taking 21 damage and losing $828.

1 hour, 40 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.

You won the fight, taking 3 damage and dealing 26 damage to your enemy. You gained 1 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 1 damage and dealing 12 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 9 damage and dealing 19 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 4 damage and dealing 17 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

You won the fight, taking 5 damage and dealing 24 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

Okay got conned into this mafia wars thing... checked my account and found this :thumbup: WTF? Dude just like hitting his headagainst a wall?3 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.You won the fight, taking 5 damage and dealing 12 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

:lmao: Hitlist him or sucker punch him...keep him coming back Edited by Nathan R. Jessep

Okay got conned into this mafia wars thing... checked my account and found this :confused: WTF? Dude just like hitting his headagainst a wall?3 minutes ago:You were attacked by Street Thug The Mad Irishman.You won the fight, taking 5 damage and dealing 12 damage to your enemy. You gained 3 experience points and $0.

:bag: Hitlist him or sucker punch him...keep him coming back
Just checked.. 6 more attacks... all wins for me. another 15 or so experience points. I wasn't even paying attention to this game (signed up for a buddy a while back) but apparently he set my guy up alright. This is fairly entertaining.EDIT: attacked him 3x and won each time. Not getting any money from his broke ### though. Oh well :lmao: Edited by [icon]

Still astounded that anyone thinks I give a #### that they are eating lunch. So I posted this today:

Jdoggydogg is going to eat lunch. Then I'm going home. Then I'm eating dinner. Then I'll watch a movie. Then I'll go to bed. Then I'll wake up. Then I'll go to work. CODA

Chick from my graduating class who used to be fat updates her status 3-4 times a day at least with her workout/lunch/i love my hubby messages.... here are the latest few. I quickly found the "hide Patty" button a few weeks ago.

Patty is so bad, all I ate for lunch was a brownie, I mean how unhealthy is that, and it wasn't little either. Frosted flakes with a banana for breakfast. I am just not having a very healthy day today! Ugh! I did work out for 1 hour and 15 mins this morning at the gym! So maybe I can still save myself!37 minutes ago

Patty is having the busiest day of her life today! Hope everyone is having a great day!59 minutes ago

Patty is at the gym working out! It is way too early!6:10am

Patty Working out at home tonight then going to bed! I am exhausted!Yesterday at 9:12pm

Patty Loves her hubby!Yesterday at 7:38am

Chick from my graduating class who used to be fat updates her status 3-4 times a day at least with her workout/lunch/i love my hubby messages.... here are the latest few. I quickly found the "hide Patty" button a few weeks ago.

not that hot, huh?

not that hot, huh?
Yeah, if she was an 8+ I'd put up with her being chatty to look her over once a day but on a scale of 1-10.... Maybe a 4?

Patty is so bad, all I ate for lunch was a brownie, I mean how unhealthy is that, and it wasn't little either. Frosted flakes with a banana for breakfast. I am just not having a very healthy day today! Ugh! I did work out for 1 hour and 15 mins this morning at the gym! So maybe I can still save myself!37 minutes ago

Patty is having the busiest day of her life today! Hope everyone is having a great day!59 minutes ago

Holy ####ing ####.

not that hot, huh?
Yeah, if she was an 8+ I'd put up with her being chatty to look her over once a day but on a scale of 1-10.... Maybe a 4?
:lmao:Hide that trick!

I work on a college campus, so a lot of my friends are students. There's this one girl in particular, who must sit on Facebook all day, typing in things to become a Fan of. Like sleeping. Or turning the pillow over to the cool side. Or sunny days. Or rainbows. It's constant. And that whole "right side of the page reminder thing" was constantly showing me crap that she had posted. Even though she is on my Activities Board, I finally had to defriend her the other day. My sanity was at risk.

Wanna kill yourself? Check out what my friends an family posted today:

Just dropped my Jeep off at the shop. Thought it was fixed, apparently I was wrong. Ugh.I'm gonna eat some lunch, do a lil' cleaning, and then...who knows?Casey Kotchman has been activated from the 15-day DL and Barbaro Canizares has been optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett.I had weird dreams last night.I am looking forward to extreme muscle class tomorrow.I wish things were easier sometimes.

Just dropped my Jeep off at the shop. Thought it was fixed, apparently I was wrong. Ugh.I'm gonna eat some lunch, do a lil' cleaning, and then...who knows?Casey Kotchman has been activated from the 15-day DL and Barbaro Canizares has been optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett.I had weird dreams last night.I am looking forward to extreme muscle class tomorrow.I wish things were easier sometimes.

Incredible!

Incredible!
Earlier this year, I proved that no one gives a #### what people post on Facebook by posting updates that were so dark, they sounded suicidal. Sure enough, no one asked if I was ok. For my latest experiment, I think it'd be fun to post the usual mundane bull####, except post really crude mundane bull####:jdoggydogg ate 1/2 a sandwich before I realized it was covered with ants.jdoggydogg wonders what it would feel like to #### a rotisserie chicken.jdoggydogg just took a ####.jdoggydogg didn't remember eating that.jdoggydogg is pleasuring himself to pictures of Facebook friends.

just friend requested studs. :fingerscrossed:

I got accepted from studs last week. I am totally stoked! He should really think about selling his stuff. He's as good as the Borat guy.

Incredible!
Earlier this year, I proved that no one gives a #### what people post on Facebook by posting updates that were so dark, they sounded suicidal. Sure enough, no one asked if I was ok. For my latest experiment, I think it'd be fun to post the usual mundane bull####, except post really crude mundane bull####:jdoggydogg ate 1/2 a sandwich before I realized it was covered with ants.jdoggydogg wonders what it would feel like to #### a rotisserie chicken.jdoggydogg just took a ####.jdoggydogg didn't remember eating that.jdoggydogg is pleasuring himself to pictures of Facebook friends.
:shrug::lmao:

Patty is so bad, all I ate for lunch was a brownie, I mean how unhealthy is that, and it wasn't little either. Frosted flakes with a banana for breakfast. I am just not having a very healthy day today! Ugh! I did work out for 1 hour and 15 mins this morning at the gym! So maybe I can still save myself!

37 minutes ago

I work on a college campus, so a lot of my friends are students. There's this one girl in particular, who must sit on Facebook all day, typing in things to become a Fan of. Like sleeping. Or turning the pillow over to the cool side. Or sunny days. Or rainbows. It's constant. And that whole "right side of the page reminder thing" was constantly showing me crap that she had posted. Even though she is on my Activities Board, I finally had to defriend her the other day. My sanity was at risk.
:shrug: could be Studs!!

Patty is so bad, all I ate for lunch was a brownie, I mean how unhealthy is that, and it wasn't little either. Frosted flakes with a banana for breakfast. I am just not having a very healthy day today! Ugh! I did work out for 1 hour and 15 mins this morning at the gym! So maybe I can still save myself!

37 minutes ago

:shrug: could be Studs!!
exactly what I was thinking.

"Annoying chick" faced temptation and won! I am so proud of myself

June 9 at 11:27pm

"Chick who takes the bait" at 7:10am June 10

What was the temptation?

"Annoying chick" at 8:56am June 10

The temptation was that of an old flame that came to town and could interfere with the vow that I have taken for my life now.

"Look at me I used to be a whore, but now I'm not!!1!"

Got a friend request last week from a girl I went to HS with.

We went to a school with less than 500 students so you pretty much knew everybody. She was a year ahead of me so we went to school together for 3 years.

I also taught both of her sons about 10-11 years ago. I remember at Back to School night talking to her about us going to school together.

So last week I get her friend request (we have like 10 friends in common) and a personal message: "Hey, I just realized that you were my kids teacher a few years ago!". So I accept her request. An hour later she sends another message "OMG I didn't know we went to school together also!".

Defriend *click*

37 minutes ago

:excited: could be Studs!!
exactly what I was thinking.
No, she's not hilariously funny.

What was the temptation?

The temptation was that of an old flame that came to town and could interfere with the vow that I have taken for my life now.

"Random dude" is treating my blueballs with an icepack

June 9 at 11:55pm

I am on there. I've reconnected with so many friends I'd lost touch with - it's great!

What was the temptation?

She wouldn't put out, huh? :confused:
:X She is a beast.

3 updates so far in the last 24 hours from Patty.

Patty grrrrrr....people annoy me!!!5 minutes ago

Patty is having a much better day at work today! Yay!8:56am

Patty Had a great night with daughter and hubby! Going to bed, good night all!!Yesterday at 10:45pm

Patty Had a great night with daughter and hubby! Going to bed, good night all!!Yesterday at 10:45pm

Patty is a menace to society and must be stopped!

I'll update my stuff sometimes several times a day...other times I'll forget and go a few days in between stuff. But most of my facebook friends are real friends, so I don't mind seeing the pointless crap they're up to. In fact, I actually enjoy it.

If they were just some casual friend or somebody I didn't care about, then I would be annoyed by seeing their updates...but I'd be equally annoyed seeing/hearing them in person.

Facebook is full of mouthbreathers like this because the world is full of mouthbreathers like this. But as I am sure you will agree the stusd updates make putting up with all the Patty nonsense worth it (and the ignore and filtering options are very handy).But yes, Patty needs to be punched in the face. Edited by fo shizzle

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.

Sure, it's annoying to varying degrees but #####ing about it, paying attention to her remarks, all while doing nothing but crying about it is silly.

I'll update my stuff sometimes several times a day...other times I'll forget and go a few days in between stuff. But most of my facebook friends are real friends, so I don't mind seeing the pointless crap they're up to. In fact, I actually enjoy it.If they were just some casual friend or somebody I didn't care about, then I would be annoyed by seeing their updates...but I'd be equally annoyed seeing/hearing them in person.

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.Sure, it's annoying to varying degrees but #####ing about it, paying attention to her remarks, all while doing nothing but crying about it is silly.

I hope for your sake you are female.