What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (3 Viewers)

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.Sure, it's annoying to varying degrees but #####ing about it, paying attention to her remarks, all while doing nothing but crying about it is silly.
Are you Patty? Christ man relax. I'm only pointing out how important she must feel she is to update her status 3-4 times a day. And in case you missed it, I do have her on ignore/hide/whatever. I had to go to her page to see it, just to get an example of the type of person we were talking about in this thread.

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.Sure, it's annoying to varying degrees but #####ing about it, paying attention to her remarks, all while doing nothing but crying about it is silly.
Are you Patty? Christ man relax. I'm only pointing out how important she must feel she is to update her status 3-4 times a day. And in case you missed it, I do have her on ignore/hide/whatever. I had to go to her page to see it, just to get an example of the type of person we were talking about in this thread.
I, for one, think you should update your status with something along the lines of "wonders what Patty is doing"

Last edited by a moderator:
3 updates so far in the last 24 hours from Patty.

Patty grrrrrr....people annoy me!!!5 minutes ago
Patty is having a much better day at work today! Yay!8:56am
Patty Had a great night with daughter and hubby! Going to bed, good night all!!Yesterday at 10:45pm
Dude, my cousin wins the boring contest by a mile:
bathrooms clean-check. kitchen clean-check. lunch-check. nap-check. shower-check. dusting and cleaning out cabinets? DEFINITELY a job for tomorrowis home and wondering what to do???is going to watch Can't Buy Me Love...thanks Jessok...or maybe i won't be watching Can't Buy Me Love as I can't seem to find the damn DVD! crap. now what?i'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic

I'll update my stuff sometimes several times a day...other times I'll forget and go a few days in between stuff. But most of my facebook friends are real friends, so I don't mind seeing the pointless crap they're up to. In fact, I actually enjoy it.If they were just some casual friend or somebody I didn't care about, then I would be annoyed by seeing their updates...but I'd be equally annoyed seeing/hearing them in person.
I hope for your sake you are female.
Nah, just an attention whore fighting for sexual equality.

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.
What's wrong is there are millions of people that think their boring routines are worth posting in a public forum.

What's wrong with what Patty's doing? Is your computer broken? Good God man, if you have a problem with it simply ignore it, filter her, or delete her.
What's wrong is there are millions of people that think their boring routines are worth posting in a public forum.
Patty is happy happy happy she has no plans tonight, went to the gym this morning so just plan on making dinner and hanging out with hubby and daughter!14 minutes ago

Are you concealing the names of hubby and daughter, or does she repeatedly refer to them in generalizations instead of their real names?

But then Studs is single again and you start to wonder what happened and can't help but think that it somehow ties back to the "horseshoe incident" of 09.

Completely hypothetical question:

You know how you can make different lists of friends? Would it be wrong to make a list of women from the past you had "relations" with, and if so, how many is too many?

I love FB fishing:

Female College Friend Status Update: I'm on Team Plus Eight. Anyone with me?

Me: Nope

Hilarity now ensuing.

I love FB fishing:Female College Friend Status Update: I'm on Team Plus Eight. Anyone with me?Me: NopeHilarity now ensuing.
Not at all fishing, but I really enjoyed this exchange between one of my friends and his friend (whom I don't know) this week:Scott: [name of artist] painted this[link to painting]Scott: Just bought it. Couldn't risk anyone else getting itJulie: You have too much money.Scott: What the hell is that supposed to mean?Julie: LOL. That's just fugly. But if it makes you happy then whoophooo!!! The eye of the beholder and all that!Julie: Omg!!! Is that a dust bunny!!?????Scott: Personally I love it. Dustin's work has a wonderful appeal to the surreal in almost cartoon esque style. I think he is very talented. Dustin is the singer for my band. I like to show his work to my friends. Thanks for publically pissing on it. Well done.Julie: Scott I'm terribly sorry that I offended you and you friend! Usually you post goofy quotes from movies and such and I assumed you were being silly. Art is terribly subjective and not all people see the same things. I will try to broaden my horizons and be more open minded. Again, please accept my apology. I'm glad you have something that brings you joy when you look at it. That is worth it... And screw people who don't understand that!! :thumbup:

Wanted too like 3 or 4 years ago, but No primarly because of this: THIS

Also worth noting on how to better use Facebook's "privacy" settings (for those of you who still choose to use facebook after seeing the above): Facebook Privacy Video

Buddy of mine posted a status update last night around midnight....

[buddy's Name] please consume those drinks that have been sent to you because I have my account frozen because none have been consumed, so ignore or consume

I replied with.... They are fake beers. Does anyone actually take the time to drink a fake beer?

Am I the only one who find myself becoming a fan of something weird now, just to see that studs adds it to his massive fan list?

Some more Patty updates for those who are interested:

Patty woke up next to the most amazing man, had gooey butter cake for breakfast and it is Friday, what more could a woman ask for?? I love life!

57 minutes ago · Comment · Like

Patty Watching a movie and relaxing with hubby and daughter! I love nights like these!!

11 hours ago · Comment · Like

Patty I miss my pool! :-( there is nothing better then a night swim! Relaxing!!

12 hours ago · Comment · Like

Patty is relaxing at home with the hubby playing Mafia Wars. =)

Yesterday at 7:27pm · Comment · Like

Patty Going to the dentist. I so don't want to go to the dentist! :-(

Wed at 5:27pm · Comment · Like

Patty yay I love hump day!! =) hehe!

Wed at 7:47am · Comment · Like

Patty has the most amazing husband! I love you baby! Thanks for all you do for me!

Tue at 2:02pm · Comment · Like

What is the speaking in third person thing about? Do you all post that way? :creepy:
it shows the posts you make starting with your own name...so Patty didn't type in "Patty I miss my pool"
I struggled with this for a while, making sure to write my status in the third person (e.g. Mike "just ate lunch, and now he's going to throw himself down a flight of stairs.") But that gets annoying very fast, and it limits your options. Now I'm freestylin like the rest of FB nation, and it feels great. Very liberating.

Some more Patty updates for those who are interested:Patty woke up next to the most amazing man, had gooey butter cake for breakfast and it is Friday, what more could a woman ask for?? I love life!57 minutes ago · Comment · LikePatty Watching a movie and relaxing with hubby and daughter! I love nights like these!!11 hours ago · Comment · LikePatty I miss my pool! :-( there is nothing better then a night swim! Relaxing!!12 hours ago · Comment · LikePatty is relaxing at home with the hubby playing Mafia Wars. =)Yesterday at 7:27pm · Comment · LikePatty Going to the dentist. I so don't want to go to the dentist! :-(Wed at 5:27pm · Comment · LikePatty yay I love hump day!! =) hehe!Wed at 7:47am · Comment · LikePatty has the most amazing husband! I love you baby! Thanks for all you do for me!Tue at 2:02pm · Comment · Like
Commish,Please click the "Comment" button on one of those and tell her to kill herself. You may if you wish say that fo shizzle said so.

WHAT IS PATTY DOING TODAY???
I actually have Patty hidden... let me go find her page. I'll give you the rundown from the weekend. Over/Under on the number of updates from Friday to today? Let's put it at 5 1/2.
Looks like we have the over!Patty finally home and relaxing with the hubby!

Yesterday at 7:29pm · Comment · Like

Patty Working out!

Yesterday at 11:44am · Comment · Like

Patty I am up at 5:12 am on a Sunday morning, WTF?

Yesterday at 5:12am · Comment · Like

Patty At the Pevely stock car races, thank heavens we are in an air conditioned box!

Sat at 7:59pm · Comment · Like

Patty hanging with the hubby today and going to Pevely to watch the stock car races tonight.

Sat at 11:37am · Comment · Like

Patty sitting at the shop while hubby finishes up the Nissan. It doesn't matter what we are doing, I love hanging with the hubby!! Hope everyone has a great night!

Fri at 10:05pm · Comment · Like

Christ, she actually calls him "hubby" every time. I wonder if she even remembers his name.
My life would be better if one of my facebook friends called her husband "hubby". Instead it's "Big Daddy". So creepy. :thumbup:
:shudder:
Every time I read it, I die a little bit inside.
Molly H Big Daddy made everyone banana spilts after dinner!!! YUM!Yesterday at 5:29pm Molly H is still waiting for Big Daddy, swingset paritally put together.....Fri at 5:59pmMolly H new swingset comes today AND Big Daddy comes home!!! It's going to be a GREAT day!!!Fri at 8:36am

People are complete idiots with their status updates. Why in the world do people think others care that they are "working out", "going to the store", "at Nissan waiting for the car to be completed"

Good lord people should just stop it already.

Christ, she actually calls him "hubby" every time. I wonder if she even remembers his name.
My life would be better if one of my facebook friends called her husband "hubby". Instead it's "Big Daddy". So creepy. :thumbup:
Molly H Big Daddy made everyone banana spilts after dinner!!! YUM!

Yesterday at 5:29pm

Molly H is still waiting for Big Daddy, swingset paritally put together.....

Fri at 5:59pm

Molly H new swingset comes today AND Big Daddy comes home!!! It's going to be a GREAT day!!!

Fri at 8:36am
Is there any chance she's married to this guy?

I narrowly avoided adding something offensive here.

Molly H one more day and Dan comes home........=-)June 25 at 6:48am Aaron F at 7:02am June 25Don't you mean "Big Daddy"? Kinda creepy when I say it...Molly H at 7:30am June 25the one and only!!!! It is creepy when you say it.....hee hee
It's creepy when anyone says it you freak!!1! :thumbup:The sad thing is she was one of the hottest girls in our high school class. And "Big Daddy" looks like a total doofus.

My life would be better if one of my facebook friends called her husband "hubby". Instead it's "Big Daddy". So creepy. :unsure:
Molly H Big Daddy made everyone banana spilts after dinner!!! YUM!Yesterday at 5:29pm Molly H is still waiting for Big Daddy, swingset paritally put together.....Fri at 5:59pmMolly H new swingset comes today AND Big Daddy comes home!!! It's going to be a GREAT day!!!Fri at 8:36am
I think I may start a FB petition to ban the words "YAY" and "YUM" from status updates. :rant:

Users who are viewing this thread