What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Thorn took the Who is the Bigger Idiot: The One Making Up Quizzes or the One Taking Them Quiz and the answer was Stop Taking Those Stupid Quizzes.

PSA-When robbing a house, maybe you should log out of facebook.

Burglar leaves his Facebook page on victim’s computer

By Edward Marshall, Journal Staff Writer

POSTED: September 16, 2009

Save | Print | Email

Email: "Burglar leaves his Facebook page on victim’s computer"

*To:

<--TO Email REQUIRED!

<--FROM Email REQUIRED!

MARTINSBURG - The popular online social networking site Facebook helped lead to an alleged burglar's arrest after he stopped check his account on the victim's computer, but forgot to log out before leaving the home with two diamond rings.

Jonathan G. Parker, 19, of Fort Loudoun, Pa., was arraigned Tuesday one count of felony daytime burglary.

According to court records, Deputy P.D. Ware of the Berkeley County Sheriff's Department responded on Aug. 28 to the victim's home after she reported the burglary.

She told police that someone had broken into her home through a bedroom window.

There were open cabinets in her garage, and other signs of a burglar.

The victim later noticed that the intruder also used her computer to check his Facebook status, and his account was still open when she checked the computer.

The victim later noticed that she was missing two diamond rings from her dresser in the same room as her computer.

The two rings were worth more than $3,500, reports indicate.

During the investigation, a friend of the victim told her that he knew where Parker was staying, in the same area as the victim's house.

Police then went to the home and spoke with a friend of Parker's.

The man said Parker had stopped by his home occasionally, but he said the man didn't live there.

He also said that the night before the burglary, Parker asked him if he wanted to help break into the victim's home but he refused.

As of Tuesday evening, Parker remained in custody at the Eastern Regional Jail on $10,000 bail.

If convicted he faces one to 10 years in prison.

xxxxx Alameda County watch out! If the county gets its way, Alameda County residents will not be able to own a gun in their own house. If I interpreted this wrong, read the third to last paragraph. If this does pass, other counties beware and states watch out.

Court considers county's right to regulate guns

Source: www.sfgate.com

(09-24) 14:43 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- A divided federal appeals court wrestled Thursday with potentially the most important gun case in its history, a dispute over a firearms ban at the Alameda County Fairgrounds ...

Yesterday at 22:52 · Comment · Like · Share · Report

Rajeev xxxxxxDo you support gun ownership ?

Yesterday at 22:54

Cyril xxxxxxxYea!

Yesterday at 22:55

Rajeev xxxxxxxsounds good - so am i - though i would never buy one

Yesterday at 23:08

Cyril xxxxxxx Why not?

Yesterday at 23:22

Littlejeans Does this cover landmines?

Yesterday at 23:51 · Delete

Cyril xxxxxxxxNo.

19 hours ago

GB of Littlejeans unfortunate. Landmines are the real killers.

2 hours ago

Littlejeans Uh, no dude. Landmines don't kill people, guns kill people.

47 minutes ago · Delete

Littlejeans Wait, that's not it.

47 minutes ago · Delete

GB of Littlejeans yea man. Bullets kill people, not guns.

10 minutes ago

Littlejeans Not true. What if I throw a bullet at you? It wouldn't kill you. It'd hurt like hell because I've got a great arm, but you would not die.

6 minutes ago · Delete

GB of Littlejeanswhat if I smacked you upside the head with a hammer. You might die, even though I don't have a great arm.

5 minutes ago

Littlejeans That would never happen, because I'd whip the hammer out of your hands with my nunchukus and then beat you severely about the face.

Nunchuks don't kill people, *I* kill people. (with nunchuks)

Joe Bryant said in his Random Shots that we could friend request him on FB (btw, notable mutual friends are oddball and JASON SWIRES).

Friend request still pending. :shrug:

My boyfriend and I each have lots of Facebook friends of the opposite sex (including several mutual friends). I'm also Facebook friends with a few of my exes and he's friends with one of his. No big deal - it's very clear on both of our pages that we're involved and we know who we come home to. I've never felt threatened and neither has he.

From one of my relatives :goodposting:

FROM ONE OF MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS: URGENT Please be aware of Jason Micheal White, Jason White, James Ryan White, Phil Gibson, Shelley White, Daniel White, Micheal White, Hayley O'Malley & Hayley White. They are adding people on facebook, stealing children's photos to sell to perverts. *THIS IS NOT A JOKE!** The police know about it! Please copy & paste to your profile & show everyone you care for!
I've warned all my Nigerian friends, so hopefully they all take the appropriate measures.

From one of my relatives :popcorn:

FROM ONE OF MY FACEBOOK FRIENDS: URGENT Please be aware of Jason Micheal White, Jason White, James Ryan White, Phil Gibson, Shelley White, Daniel White, Micheal White, Hayley O'Malley & Hayley White. They are adding people on facebook, stealing children's photos to sell to perverts. *THIS IS NOT A JOKE!** The police know about it! Please copy & paste to your profile & show everyone you care for!
I've warned all my Nigerian friends, so hopefully they all take the appropriate measures.
Why don't the perverts just join facebook themselves?

Saw a few of these updates today. Sounds like a reasonable concern. :goodposting:

DO NOT accept a friend request from Christopher Butterfield. He is a Hacker. Tell everyone on your list because if 1 of your friends adds him as a friend he will be able to get your computer's id and address. So let everyone know- copy & paste! Just passing on the word
My computer's id and address? Is "IP address" what they were going for there?

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091008...008066/-1/RSS05

Facebook 'poke' leads to woman's arrest

By Eric Miller • Hendersonville Star News • October 8, 2009

Comments Read Comments(30) • Recommend(7) • Print Print • ShareThis

A Hendersonville woman was arrested for virtually “poking” someone on the social networking site Facebook.

Shannon D. Jackson, 36, was arrested Friday, Sept. 25 for allegedly violating an order of protection.

According to the affidavit filed in Sumner County General Sessions Court, Jackson is accused of using the “poke” option on Facebook to contact a Hendersonville woman, thus violating the terms of the order of protection, which stipulates “no telephoning, contacting or otherwise communicating with the petitioner.”

Poking is a feature unique to Facebook that conveys no other message but informing a user they have been “poked” by another user.

Jackson declined to comment Thursday afternoon.

Hendersonville police have made copies of the page in which the alleged victim is shown to be “poked,” according to the affidavit.

Violating an order of protection is a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, violators can be punished with up to 11 months, 29 days in jail and a possible fine of up to $2,500.

Jackson was transported to Sumner County Jail. Her bond was set at $1,500. She is scheduled to appear in Sumner County General Sessions Court in Gallatin on Oct. 28.

XXXXX set his DVR with an app on his iphone after receiving a tweet from a bud about a show he can't miss even though he's too busy looking for new apps and keeping up with hundreds of celebrity tweets. I'm so techuber I masturbate with a blackberry. It's sleek and black and has more buttons than alphanumerics. I should know. I found the "masturbate" button yesterday and instantly tweeted everyone about it.
:goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing my campaign mocking people's boring, inane posts on Facebook, I did this one recently:

Jdogg is perpendicular. Hoping to be parallel soon.

I've got a big harvest coming up tonight. Pineapples, blueberries, and peppers. Plowing as well. Anyone?

I've got a big harvest coming up tonight. Pineapples, blueberries, and peppers. Plowing as well. Anyone?
I just recently signed up to Facebook and discovered Farmville myself. After 2 weeks or so, I'm lvl 20 and just upgraded to the 20x20 garden yesterday. Very addictive.

I just recently signed up to Facebook and discovered Farmville myself. After 2 weeks or so, I'm lvl 20 and just upgraded to the 20x20 garden yesterday. Very addictive.
Farmtown, chief. Ville is for nerds.
I didn't care for the queueing system in Farmtown. I dropped at lvl 2. Other than the minor differences, though, it's the same game.Oh, and having 20 friends playing Farmville vs 2 friends playing Farmtown.

My wife just was peered pressured into this. I tease her about it but have stopped because she legitimately was upset with me.

It's only a matter of time now. :hidingmoney:

I didn't care for the queueing system in Farmtown. I dropped at lvl 2. Other than the minor differences, though, it's the same game.Oh, and having 20 friends playing Farmville vs 2 friends playing Farmtown.
I was kidding. They're both nerdy.My wife started playing Farmtown months ago. When she tried to get me to play it I rolled my eyes. She showed me how it worked and I started telling her things like "well if you really want to maximize your profits you should set up your fields like this...you should calculate your potential profits by dividing the harvest price by the cost of the seeds and the number of days it takes etc etc."So she challenged me to start my own and see how fast it took me to catch up to her level. I was all about agri-business for the first couple of weeks then I got bored. Pretty soon it was "Ooo! I can buy a pig-sty?!?" I'm working towards a mansion now :bag:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff...p;keyword1=farmHere is a farmtown guide on how to maximize play. i don't play, but get amused by things like this.

I was kidding. They're both nerdy.My wife started playing Farmtown months ago. When she tried to get me to play it I rolled my eyes. She showed me how it worked and I started telling her things like "well if you really want to maximize your profits you should set up your fields like this...you should calculate your potential profits by dividing the harvest price by the cost of the seeds and the number of days it takes etc etc."So she challenged me to start my own and see how fast it took me to catch up to her level. I was all about agri-business for the first couple of weeks then I got bored. Pretty soon it was "Ooo! I can buy a pig-sty?!?" I'm working towards a mansion now :bag:
My BiL was one of my friends who talked me into joining Facebook, and one of the reasons was to play Farmville. I'm only 3 levels from catching him and passing him up. Right now, I have my entire garden setup to maximize my land. The trees and animals are lined up around the outer edge, so that there is no land wasted. Now I'm basically gonna let the money pile up for awhile until I have plenty, and then I may set my farm up to look all awesome. Oh, and I have my messages set up so that they don't post to the wall. I only allow them to go out if I have a stray animal someone can adopt or I know it'll allow Farmville friends to receive a bonus. I don't allow them for normal things like "SlaX just helped 5 neighbors" or "SlaX is moving up and is now level 20!" I don't like the game to clutter up things, although I've seen others allow it. :rolleyes:

As far as Status Updates. I think I have a handful of friends who make status updates that are Bible verses or some prayer that they want to give to everyone. That's what I see most of the time.

I was kidding. They're both nerdy.My wife started playing Farmtown months ago. When she tried to get me to play it I rolled my eyes. She showed me how it worked and I started telling her things like "well if you really want to maximize your profits you should set up your fields like this...you should calculate your potential profits by dividing the harvest price by the cost of the seeds and the number of days it takes etc etc."So she challenged me to start my own and see how fast it took me to catch up to her level. I was all about agri-business for the first couple of weeks then I got bored. Pretty soon it was "Ooo! I can buy a pig-sty?!?" I'm working towards a mansion now :shrug:
I prefer farmville.

:lmao: @ my friend's ditzy wife:

Amber ____ WOOHOO!!!! it's friday. Fri at 7:17am · Comment · Like

Amber _____ where does the weekends go??? 12 minutes ago · Comment · Like

:lmao: @ my friend's ditzy wife:Amber ____ WOOHOO!!!! it's friday. Fri at 7:17am · Comment · LikeAmber _____ where does the weekends go??? 12 minutes ago · Comment · Like
More from her:Amber ____ 1 day down 4 to go til the weekend. September 21 at 2:14pm · Comment · Like / UnlikeAmber _____ It's already sunday...GEEZZZ!!!! where does the time go!?!!! September 20 at 12:38am · Comment · Like

:shrug: @ my friend's ditzy wife:

More from her:Amber ____ 1 day down 4 to go til the weekend. September 21 at 2:14pm · Comment · Like / Unlike

Amber _____ It's already sunday...GEEZZZ!!!! where does the time go!?!!! September 20 at 12:38am · Comment · Like
To save time she should just type A on Friday and B on Sunday.

:rolleyes: @ my friend's ditzy wife:

More from her:Amber ____ 1 day down 4 to go til the weekend. September 21 at 2:14pm · Comment · Like / Unlike

Amber _____ It's already sunday...GEEZZZ!!!! where does the time go!?!!! September 20 at 12:38am · Comment · Like
To save time she should just type A on Friday and B on Sunday.
Complete with the 'where DOES the weekends go"

proninja said:
A little serious business going on this morning

so I have been thinking about this for the longest time and just came to the realization that half of my "friends" on this whole facebook thing aren't even close to actually being my friends. its so funny how you look back on things and realize that some of these people were NEVER my friends and still aren't . or the people you know didn't like you during high school who just randomly want to be your friend for no reason at all and then they never talk to you. so it just dawned on me that most of my "virtual friends" are just there to add another notch on the old friend count, you know, see who has more.....well I think its pretty stupid so I am cleaning house. you can all try to say hello or at least give me one good reason I should keep you on here other than seeing what I have been up to based on my wall posts. after all isn't facebook a place where people keep in touch.

now all of you that obviously talk to me on a somewhat regular basis, please disregard, for those of you who give a ####, say something and you'll know who you are soon if we obviously haven't and won't ever be friends, because I am getting rid of you.....tomorrow.

thanks

me
Really? This just dawned on her?
:lmao: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.

proninja said:

so I have been thinking about this for the longest time and just came to the realization that half of my "friends" on this whole facebook thing aren't even close to actually being my friends. its so funny how you look back on things and realize that some of these people were NEVER my friends and still aren't . or the people you know didn't like you during high school who just randomly want to be your friend for no reason at all and then they never talk to you. so it just dawned on me that most of my "virtual friends" are just there to add another notch on the old friend count, you know, see who has more.....well I think its pretty stupid so I am cleaning house. you can all try to say hello or at least give me one good reason I should keep you on here other than seeing what I have been up to based on my wall posts. after all isn't facebook a place where people keep in touch.

now all of you that obviously talk to me on a somewhat regular basis, please disregard, for those of you who give a ####, say something and you'll know who you are soon if we obviously haven't and won't ever be friends, because I am getting rid of you.....tomorrow.

thanks

me
:rolleyes: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.
I'm doing my part.I have put close to half my "friends" on ignore.

proninja said:

thanks

me
:confused: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.
:2cents: I've been regularly going through and either ignoring or straight up deleting "friends." There's no point. Half of these people are people I haven't seen in years and will never see again, and whom I never really knew or liked all that much in the first place. I'm amazed when folks in the younger generation have 500+ friends. I've got just over 200 and most seem like dead weight.

proninja said:

thanks

me
:angry: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.
:thumbup: I've been regularly going through and either ignoring or straight up deleting "friends." There's no point. Half of these people are people I haven't seen in years and will never see again, and whom I never really knew or liked all that much in the first place. I'm amazed when folks in the younger generation have 500+ friends. I've got just over 200 and most seem like dead weight.
You laughed at my Distracted Cat picture though.

proninja said:

thanks

me
:wolf: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.
Dude, ignore is the greatest thing. Ever. And not just friends, I have boring family members on ignore, as well.

proninja said:

thanks

me
:lmao: The best part? No one will respond. I posted semi-suicidal messages for a week straight and no one seemed to notice. Facebook is nothing more than millions of people ignoring millions of other people.
:lmao: I've been regularly going through and either ignoring or straight up deleting "friends." There's no point. Half of these people are people I haven't seen in years and will never see again, and whom I never really knew or liked all that much in the first place. I'm amazed when folks in the younger generation have 500+ friends. I've got just over 200 and most seem like dead weight.
A young person with 500 friends is really 5 close friends and 495 acquaintances. And acquaintances of acquaintances. And so on.

:goodposting: @ my friend's ditzy wife:Amber ____ WOOHOO!!!! it's friday. Fri at 7:17am · Comment · LikeAmber _____ where does the weekends go??? 12 minutes ago · Comment · Like
More from her:Amber ____ 1 day down 4 to go til the weekend. September 21 at 2:14pm · Comment · Like / UnlikeAmber _____ It's already sunday...GEEZZZ!!!! where does the time go!?!!! September 20 at 12:38am · Comment · Like
Her update Monday was "JUST 5 DAYS UNTIL FRIDAY!!!"Last night just after 7pm she posted "5 HOURS UNTIL FRIDAY"

I was kidding. They're both nerdy.My wife started playing Farmtown months ago. When she tried to get me to play it I rolled my eyes. She showed me how it worked and I started telling her things like "well if you really want to maximize your profits you should set up your fields like this...you should calculate your potential profits by dividing the harvest price by the cost of the seeds and the number of days it takes etc etc."So she challenged me to start my own and see how fast it took me to catch up to her level. I was all about agri-business for the first couple of weeks then I got bored. Pretty soon it was "Ooo! I can buy a pig-sty?!?" I'm working towards a mansion now :hifive:
I prefer farmville.-------Farmville is the only thing I like about facebook. Gives me something to do when I need 5 minutes to kill. I do hate how little gas they give you for the equipment though. Who the hell is going to pay for refills though with real cash? They should let you pay in coins for that.

Why does Facebook keep suggesting that I "reconnect" with my boyfriend? :(

Users who are viewing this thread