What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (6 Viewers)

Jeebus, one of my high school "friends" (I don't really remember her) just announced on Facebook that her 8-year-old son died yesterday of unknown causes. Another actual friend posted a day or two ago that she had miscarriaged at five months.

:)

Why does Facebook keep suggesting that I "reconnect" with my boyfriend? :)
It tells me the same thing about my wife. :lol: Hmmm. Wonder if I should do it on Facebook or in person. Decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez we just had a memo going out telling teachers they should not have students as friends on facebook. People are stupid.

Geez we just had a memo going out telling teachers they should not have students as friends on facebook. People are stupid.
I think it's a smart policy. If I were a teacher, I'd have my account block from being searchable already. Only seen from friends of friends or friends, obviously.

I think it's a smart policy. If I were a teacher, I'd have my account block from being searchable already. Only seen from friends of friends or friends, obviously.
Just to be clear I am very in favor of the policy. But I don't think it's a policy. More advice. Teachers that mess with that stuff are just begging to get canned.

All of a sudden I am now seeing all these messages on my wall from "friends" about who they "friended" and ####. I don't care about it, at all, and it buries the occasional decent post by folks. I'm not gonna weed through that crap. This happening to anybody else?

Tried to figure out how to fix it, to no avail. Anybody know how to turn it off?

All of a sudden I am now seeing all these messages on my wall from "friends" about who they "friended" and ####. I don't care about it, at all, and it buries the occasional decent post by folks. I'm not gonna weed through that crap. This happening to anybody else? Tried to figure out how to fix it, to no avail. Anybody know how to turn it off?
Yeah, FB changed something. It's weak.

Actually I just figured it out. :bag: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.

Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :blackdot:

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
Actually I just figured it out. :lmao: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :lmao:
News feed kills any link, video, or photo updates though. It's only status updates. edit: Actually, I notice the news feed removes half of the status updates too, so I'm not quite sure what it does. But it's not exactly what I'd want either. There's a huge movement to get Facebook reverted back to the way it was prior to the update.I'd be fine if they gave a way to hide friend adds, fan announcements and group announcements like you can hide app updates.

Actually I just figured it out. :lmao: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :lmao:
Are we friends yet, Bill?

I don't want to get in the way of piling on, but I had a great Facebook-related experience last weekend. A group of about 30 that graduated from the tiny high school I went to between '90 and '93 along with their spouses had a weekend-long reunion that was organized through Facebook and would have never happened without it.

And, I'm glad to know that my high school home room teacher, who was the prom queen when I was in kindergarten is still wicked hot at 47.

Actually I just figured it out. :bag: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :wall:
News feed kills any link, video, or photo updates though. It's only status updates. edit: Actually, I notice the news feed removes half of the status updates too, so I'm not quite sure what it does. But it's not exactly what I'd want either. There's a huge movement to get Facebook reverted back to the way it was prior to the update.I'd be fine if they gave a way to hide friend adds, fan announcements and group announcements like you can hide app updates.
Best thing i got from this friend<h3 class="GenericStory_Message" data-ft="{"type":"msg"}">If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on... it. That becomes... your default and it is like before</h3>

Actually I just figured it out. :bag: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :lmao:
Best thing i got from this friend<h3 class="GenericStory_Message" data-ft="{"type":"msg"}">If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on... it. That becomes... your default and it is like before</h3>
Thanks.

I still blame my GB ACP for the 8 month life-suck that was Mafia Wars.
I deleted in August, but rejoined last week so a couple of people could add me. Then I tried Moscow and got sucked back in. ACP helped me out big time with weapons, since I'd gifted away my good stuff before deleting. Also in the farm games if anyone needs neighbors. ;)

Actually I just figured it out. :lmao: I must've hit "view live feed", I was pretty buzzed last night. I just went back to "view news feed", and I think I'm good now.Glad I spent that time going through all my settings... :thumbup:
Best thing i got from this friend<h3 class="GenericStory_Message" data-ft="{"type":"msg"}">If you dont like the new FB here is how you can change it back to the old. Look to the top left menu and click on MORE. Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to top, click on... it. That becomes... your default and it is like before</h3
This will give you just status updates. It will NOT return the Feed to like it was before. Like SJax said for News Feed, you will not see any of the apps that you did before.To reduce the annoyances, you can post telling your friends to go to Privacy Settings --> News Feed/Wall and uncheck things like "Add as Friend" THis also stops it from appearing on their profile as Recent Activity.

Mystery Achiever said:
I still blame my GB ACP for the 8 month life-suck that was Mafia Wars.
I deleted in August, but rejoined last week so a couple of people could add me. Then I tried Moscow and got sucked back in. ACP helped me out big time with weapons, since I'd gifted away my good stuff before deleting. Also in the farm games if anyone needs neighbors. :popcorn:
I like Fish Wrangler, if you wanna try that one.

Someone needs to use "Sure beats Super Mario Bros" as a status update and report back.

Is that a full-on Internet meme or just local to FFA/:e:?

Someone needs to use "Sure beats Super Mario Bros" as a status update and report back.Is that a full-on Internet meme or just local to FFA/:e:?
Pretty sure that's only a FFA/:e: thing. I've never seen/heard it outside of this circle.

You know those ads that tell you they can find out who's been searching for you or whatever. Does that stuff work? Is there a good one to use?
I don't know, but every single one of those broads in those ads has a monster rack and I'd love to see full size pictures of them all.
:greatposting:I can assure you that none of those hot chicks are searching for me. :lmao:
Just scams and nonsense. Think it thru for a minute...how can these third party apps know who and how often anyone is searching for you on the FB servers?

SlaX said:
fo shizzle said:
Someone needs to use "Sure beats Super Mario Bros" as a status update and report back.Is that a full-on Internet meme or just local to FFA/:e:?
Pretty sure that's only a FFA/:e: thing. I've never seen/heard it outside of this circle.
I've never seen it, period. Could you explain it please?

The Big Guy said:
fo shizzle said:
Commish77 said:
You know those ads that tell you they can find out who's been searching for you or whatever. Does that stuff work? Is there a good one to use?
I don't know, but every single one of those broads in those ads has a monster rack and I'd love to see full size pictures of them all.
:greatposting:I can assure you that none of those hot chicks are searching for me. :confused:
Just scams and nonsense. Think it thru for a minute...how can these third party apps know who and how often anyone is searching for you on the FB servers?
That's not what I'm asking, maybe I should re-phrase it. Is there anything on there that does something like this? You know, how FB does this similar thing where they matchup people you might know based on friends and ####. Must be a privacy thing...

Canadian woman loses benefits over Facebook photo

AP

Smiling on Facebook costs Canadian her insurance

BROMONT, Quebec – A Canadian woman on long-term sick leave for depression says she lost her benefits because her insurance agent found photos of her on Facebook in which she appeared to be having fun.

Nathalie Blanchard has been on leave from her job at IBM in Bromont, Quebec, for the last year.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Saturday she was diagnosed with major depression and was receiving monthly sick-leave benefits from insurance giant Manulife.

But the payments dried up this fall and when Blanchard called Manulife, she says she was told she was available to work because of Facebook.

She said her insurance agent described several pictures Blanchard posted on Facebook, including ones showing her having a good time at a Chippendales bar show, at her birthday party and on a sun holiday.

Blanchard said Manulife told her it's evidence she is no longer depressed. She's fighting to get her benefits reinstated and says her lawyer is exploring what the next step should be.

Blanchard told the CBC that on her doctor's advice, she tried to have fun, including nights out at her local bar with friends and short getaways to sun destinations, as a way to forget her problems.

Manulife wouldn't comment on Blanchard's case, but did say they would not deny or terminate a claim solely based on information published on Web sites such as Facebook.

Canadian woman loses benefits over Facebook photo

AP

Smiling on Facebook costs Canadian her insurance

BROMONT, Quebec – A Canadian woman on long-term sick leave for depression says she lost her benefits because her insurance agent found photos of her on Facebook in which she appeared to be having fun.

Nathalie Blanchard has been on leave from her job at IBM in Bromont, Quebec, for the last year.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported Saturday she was diagnosed with major depression and was receiving monthly sick-leave benefits from insurance giant Manulife.

But the payments dried up this fall and when Blanchard called Manulife, she says she was told she was available to work because of Facebook.

She said her insurance agent described several pictures Blanchard posted on Facebook, including ones showing her having a good time at a Chippendales bar show, at her birthday party and on a sun holiday.

Blanchard said Manulife told her it's evidence she is no longer depressed. She's fighting to get her benefits reinstated and says her lawyer is exploring what the next step should be.

Blanchard told the CBC that on her doctor's advice, she tried to have fun, including nights out at her local bar with friends and short getaways to sun destinations, as a way to forget her problems.

Manulife wouldn't comment on Blanchard's case, but did say they would not deny or terminate a claim solely based on information published on Web sites such as Facebook.
:goodposting: Depression doesn't work that way, but ok.

Users who are viewing this thread