What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (3 Viewers)

This sucks. Got the following p-mail from a friend on FB:

"Hey, some jerk has posted your pictures (u understand what kind of pictures are there) and sent a link of them to all ur friends. I have already replied back. Said, that he is an indiot. See the link:XXX

bey bye!!!!!"

Can't get in touch with him to find out what is up. Doesn't sound like words he would use, however. A few others posted on his wall that they were sent similar messages, so it appears he got hacked. Glad I didn't click the link (above) in the message, I was about to.

Anything I should do?

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks. Got the following p-mail from a friend on FB:"Hey, some jerk has posted your pictures (u understand what kind of pictures are there) and sent a link of them to all ur friends. I have already replied back. Said, that he is an indiot. See the link: XXXXbey bye!!!!!"Can't get in touch with him to find out what is up. Doesn't sound like words he would use, however. A few others posted on his wall that they were sent similar messages, so it appears he got hacked. Glad I didn't click the link (above) in the message, I was about to.Anything I should do?
For starters how about not including the link in your message?

Ooops, sorry about that. The link I included is actually one I did click. It redirects me I guess, and then prompts me to download some media manager to view the message. THAT, is the link that I balked on. I probably shouldn't have clicked that first one, damnitt

This sucks. Got the following p-mail from a friend on FB:"Hey, some jerk has posted your pictures (u understand what kind of pictures are there) and sent a link of them to all ur friends. I have already replied back. Said, that he is an indiot. See the link:XXXbey bye!!!!!"Can't get in touch with him to find out what is up. Doesn't sound like words he would use, however. A few others posted on his wall that they were sent similar messages, so it appears he got hacked. Glad I didn't click the link (above) in the message, I was about to.Anything I should do?
My wife got the same thing from someone she hardly every communicates with and I told her to ignore it. sounds like a bunch of people got hacked.

Facebook friend turns into Big Brother

By KJ LANG

November 19, 2009

University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student Adam Bauer has nearly 400 friends on Facebook. He got an offer for a new one about a month ago. “She was a good-looking girl. I usually don’t accept friends I don’t know, but I randomly accepted this one for some reason,” the 19-year-old said.

He thinks that led to his invitation to come down to the La Crosse police station, where an officer laid out photos from Facebook of Bauer holding a beer — and then ticketed him for underage drinking.

The police report said Bauer admitted drinking, which he denies. But he did plead no contest in municipal court Wednesday and will pay a $227 fine.

He was among at least eight people who said Wednesday they had been cited for underage drinking based on photos on social networking sites

rest of the article . . .

Not sure why Facebook has this feature, but it's pretty funny (forgive if :honda:)...

On the homepage, press:

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter, Left Click.

Causes circles to appear when you scroll and up and down. Trippy.

Geez we just had a memo going out telling teachers they should not have students as friends on facebook. People are stupid.
I think it's a smart policy. If I were a teacher, I'd have my account block from being searchable already. Only seen from friends of friends or friends, obviously.
Just to be clear I am very in favor of the policy. But I don't think it's a policy. More advice. Teachers that mess with that stuff are just begging to get canned.
Happening here too now. My wife is a teacher with DeSoto County Schools.Facebook and DCS Teachers

And if you read the article, it mentions reasons being teachers and students being caught lately having sex... The one that I know of was a 21 year old band assistant and a 17 1/2 YO girl that wasn't in the band or in any groups/classes that the guy was in charge of. I'm kind of on the fence about the wrongness of that one from the guy's POV.

Not sure why Facebook has this feature, but it's pretty funny (forgive if :honda:)...On the homepage, press:Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Enter, Left Click.Causes circles to appear when you scroll and up and down. Trippy.
That's interesting. Try this. At the bottom of the page where you have the language setting (I assume you have it set for English ((US)), change it to English (Pirate).

Not sure why Facebook has this feature, but it's pretty funny (forgive if :honda:)...

On the homepage, press:

That's interesting. Try this. At the bottom of the page where you have the language setting (I assume you have it set for English ((US)), change it to English (Pirate).
Crap. So it was :honda:?

On the homepage, press:

Crap. So it was :honda:?
No, I didn't know about the easter egg. It was a nice find. Contra Code ftw.I'm sure the Pirate setting was a :honda: though. I only found it last week.

Saw this from a guy I just friended from elementary school. Recent posts:

"hates everything! I definitely thought life would be better than this!"

"tthinks his parents would have had a better life if they hadn't adopted!"

:(

Some of his other posts are also out there. He was always one of the smartest kids, too. Has a law practice. And a wife and kid...although I wonder how they're doing.

Facebook friend turns into Big Brother

By KJ LANG

November 19, 2009

University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student Adam Bauer has nearly 400 friends on Facebook. He got an offer for a new one about a month ago. “She was a good-looking girl. I usually don’t accept friends I don’t know, but I randomly accepted this one for some reason,” the 19-year-old said.

He thinks that led to his invitation to come down to the La Crosse police station, where an officer laid out photos from Facebook of Bauer holding a beer — and then ticketed him for underage drinking.

The police report said Bauer admitted drinking, which he denies. But he did plead no contest in municipal court Wednesday and will pay a $227 fine.

He was among at least eight people who said Wednesday they had been cited for underage drinking based on photos on social networking sites

rest of the article . . .
I see the La Crosse police department is a busy bunch. Good to see they're fighting the real criminals.

I enjoyed this status update...

If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically start plunging the Earth into the Sun. To change this option, go to Settings --> Planetary Settings --> Trajectory then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Apocalypse.' Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all to see.

A status update from a friend: "...went to dunkin donuts in my santa jacket; woman wearing a mink vest gave me a hard stare. told her "no live santas were killed for MY coat"

If you don't know, as of today, Facebook will automatically start plunging the Earth into the Sun. To change this option, go to Settings --> Planetary Settings --> Trajectory then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Apocalypse.' Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all to see.
:goodposting:

That sounds really important. I am going to help spread the word.

Status updated...

Indeed. I'll do what I can to let people know. Hopefully this won't start a panic with a run on bottled water, toilet paper, and Juggs magazines.

I accidentally enabled the "Four Horseman" setting. Is that bad? :shrug:

Status updated...
I updated it as well...

Status updated...
I updated it as well...
I hope enough people get their statuses updated in time to prevent this.

Yeah, I just posted it too... I never put a status update up so I imagine some of my "friends" will at least be curious about it...

So my wife at the urging of her friends started posted stuff. She's into it but not obsessed. My favorite part now is how she complains how people don't login or update their stuff that often :lmao: I always give her oh so you are now a "facebook snob" about how to properly use it??? her: :wall:

Well now we have our first drama, well her first anyway. Has to do with my sister and my wife posting pictures. My sister doesn't want them on facebook my wife doesn't see the big deal. I just laugh and say I don't really care what's going on with your "feud". The crap people get worked up over. I'd be on my sisters side if she didn't post a 1000 pictures herself.

It looks like after FB did its changes a few weeks ago to its privacy settings it now allows a non-friend to search for my name, click on it, and then see all the groups I have become a fan of. Before a person would simply see my profile pic, get the "he only shares his profile info with friends" response and the button to make a friend request to get access to more info. I want it to stay that way instead of someone I don't know, or know (such as my ex, co-workers) being able to see and know that stuff. If I wanted any Joe Blow to know any of that I would let them be my friend.

Does anyone know how to change the privacy settings so that a person can't see my group/fan pages when they click on my name? I have tried everything and can't seem to fix the issue. Thanks.

What is this new thing where people check in from Sonic or Barnes and Noble or home to tell me they got a sweet tea. I mean i realize thats all FB is to begin with but now theres some new app popping up which seems to enable even more inanity i dont care about from people.

Anyoone know what I am referring to? It has these sepia looking brown pictures to go along with it.

A girl I went to high school with is winning at Facebook today.

Initial posts (edited together):

Jenny #### thinks today will be the day she will randomly text people who put their phone number on Facebook & keep their page public... What to say, what to say...How about "Thanks for last night..." Victim number one is being hit in just a few moments!!!
Later, the first responder:
Jenny #### - One interesting gentleman had an experience last night with someone he evidentally doesn't know... as in no name, no number. He is confused by how I, I mean she, got his number... but doesn't seem to be discouraged when I told him I, I mean she, has had better...
The second responder:
Jenny #### - My random text starter - "Thanks for last night"

Response - "YW. Is this Anna?"

Me - "Nooooo"

Him - "Is this Rachel??"... See More

Me - "Ummmm NOOOO"

Him - "Well is it Trinity or Destiny?"

Me - "Really? Are you kidding me???"

Him - "Oh, sorry Beth..."

Me - "Ok you can't be serious"

Him - "Sarah? R u gonna make me keep guessing?"

Me - "Dude how busy were you last night?"

Him - "Well I didn't have to work today"
This has had me :lol: all day! Anyone in the FFA up to sending out random texts to people who post their numbers on public profiles and document the hilarity that ensues? :thumbup:

A girl I went to high school with is winning at Facebook today.

Initial posts (edited together):

Jenny #### thinks today will be the day she will randomly text people who put their phone number on Facebook & keep their page public... What to say, what to say...How about "Thanks for last night..." Victim number one is being hit in just a few moments!!!
Later, the first responder:
Jenny #### - One interesting gentleman had an experience last night with someone he evidentally doesn't know... as in no name, no number. He is confused by how I, I mean she, got his number... but doesn't seem to be discouraged when I told him I, I mean she, has had better...
The second responder:
Jenny #### - My random text starter - "Thanks for last night"

Response - "YW. Is this Anna?"

Me - "Nooooo"

Him - "Is this Rachel??"... See More

Me - "Ummmm NOOOO"

Him - "Well is it Trinity or Destiny?"

Me - "Really? Are you kidding me???"

Him - "Oh, sorry Beth..."

Me - "Ok you can't be serious"

Him - "Sarah? R u gonna make me keep guessing?"

Me - "Dude how busy were you last night?"

Him - "Well I didn't have to work today"
This has had me :shock: all day! Anyone in the FFA up to sending out random texts to people who post their numbers on public profiles and document the hilarity that ensues? :mellow:
That's quality Facebooking right there! Keep us informed on her expedition.

OK, a bunch of female 'friends' have been posting colors for their status update today (most don't know each other, so this must be wide spread). I don't get it? :goodposting:

I was just going to post that I hadn't seen that on FB today but decided to go look first real quick and there it was but it was from a guy and all he says is BLUE!

Users who are viewing this thread