What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (3 Viewers)

So a while back, I got a friend request from a friend's daughter (in her early 20's). I'm friends with their whole family, though I have not met his daughter, but I accepted her request anyway. Now, I look at teh Facebook today and see this post by her:

To all my friends from back home.. I'll be working Melon fest at the ###### deja vu on ########## competing for the most lap dances and the title of queen Of the couches!!! So if u haven't seen me In a while come on out it's gunna get crazy!!
Interesting.

So a while back, I got a friend request from a friend's daughter (in her early 20's). I'm friends with their whole family, though I have not met his daughter, but I accepted her request anyway. Now, I look at teh Facebook today and see this post by her:

To all my friends from back home.. I'll be working Melon fest at the ###### deja vu on ########## competing for the most lap dances and the title of queen Of the couches!!! So if u haven't seen me In a while come on out it's gunna get crazy!!
Interesting.
Oy. Sounds like a real sweetheart. This is TMI for friends and family.

When I post a new topic on a friend's page, it shows up on my wall, right? I don't like this. How do I change it?
If you go to your wall, go to the right of the post you don't want showing and hit the "remove' button. It will remain on your friend's wall, but will be off of yours.

When I post a new topic on a friend's page, it shows up on my wall, right? I don't like this. How do I change it?
If you go to your wall, go to the right of the post you don't want showing and hit the "remove' button. It will remain on your friend's wall, but will be off of yours.
Thank you. Not sure why I'd want all my friends to see every post I write on every friend's wall. Booooooooring.

friend of mine posted a picture of her 17-year-old daughter in a black bikini on facebook. not hot, but bigger than average breasts.

would you post a pic of your daughter in a bikini on facebook? i wouldn't.

friend of mine posted a picture of her 17-year-old daughter in a black bikini on facebook. not hot, but bigger than average breasts. would you post a pic of your daughter in a bikini on facebook? i wouldn't.
Probably not in a bikini, but I have dozens of pictures of my 14 year-old daughter on mine. She's gorgeous and I'm very proud of her. I know there are perverts out there, but I'm much more interested in the 99% normal people who would just look and think that I have a beautiful daughter.

friend of mine posted a picture of her 17-year-old daughter in a black bikini on facebook. not hot, but bigger than average breasts. would you post a pic of your daughter in a bikini on facebook? i wouldn't.
Probably not in a bikini, but I have dozens of pictures of my 14 year-old daughter on mine. She's gorgeous and I'm very proud of her. I know there are perverts out there, but I'm much more interested in the 99% normal people who would just look and think that I have a beautiful daughter.
99% might be a little bit high.

Thank you. Not sure why I'd want all my friends to see every post I write on every friend's wall. Booooooooring.
This is awful. Every time I respond to a friend's topic it shows up on my wall? I want this turned off permanently.

99% might be a little bit high.
:coffee:

eagles2007 said:
A MILF friend of mine posts pictures of her daughter (17) that make me somewhat uncomfortable. Mostly because she looks like a younger, chestier version of her mom. :confused:

Are the simple minded generally the ones who are drawn to motivational sayings? In the past three weeks one guy from my high school has posted all of these as status updates...

-------------------------

Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough

Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. Nothing is unrealistic if you believe you can do it.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.

I am going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to!!

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.

Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful

You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.

---------------------------------

Could go back further, but I don't want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
eagles2007 said:
A MILF friend of mine posts pictures of her daughter (17) that make me somewhat uncomfortable. Mostly because she looks like a younger, chestier version of her mom. :lmao:
could be the same woman. mom is chesty as well ... posted a pic of her daughter in her prom dress. daughter inherited the goods.

jdoggydogg said:
This is awful. Every time I respond to a friend's topic it shows up on my wall? I want this turned off permanently.
What about getting emails generated from people you don't know who replied to one of your friend's topics? I need to turn that off somehow.

jdoggydogg said:
What about getting emails generated from people you don't know who replied to one of your friend's topics? I need to turn that off somehow.
What do these e-mails say?

Everyone's phone number is now published on FB (if you put it on your info page)

Click Account then

Edit Friends

Go to the left side of your screen and

click Phonebook.

Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone #'s by changing their privacy settings.

(Privacy Settings - Phone - Customize - Only Me)

Are the simple minded generally the ones who are drawn to motivational sayings? In the past three weeks one guy from my high school has posted all of these as status updates...

-------------------------

Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough

Don't let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. Nothing is unrealistic if you believe you can do it.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.

I am going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I'm committed to!!

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.

Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful

You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.

You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
These are profound. I am going to change my ways and live my life just like these motivational quotes.

Everyone's phone number is now published on FB (if you put it on your info page)Click Account then Edit FriendsGo to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone #'s by changing their privacy settings. (Privacy Settings - Phone - Customize - Only Me)
Why put your phone number on there in the first place?Does the same thing happen with your address if you put that on there for some reason?

Everyone's phone number is now published on FB (if you put it on your info page)Click Account then Edit FriendsGo to the left side of your screen and click Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Let your friends know this is happening so they can remove their phone #'s by changing their privacy settings. (Privacy Settings - Phone - Customize - Only Me)
Why put your phone number on there in the first place?Does the same thing happen with your address if you put that on there for some reason?
I know, right?Just phone numbers...out of 170 friends, 33 have mobile and/or land lines on there. WTF?

Just as a follow up; I ended up quitting Facebook about five months ago due to the drama it brings. I do not like the fact that so many people have access to what I am doing. That does not include the fact that all the girls I know are talking to every guy on their friends list. I have been much better without it.

This was just posted by some obviously super intelligent girl that is a friend of mine:

if anybody know of a dental ofdice positions?? I nedd a job if posible
That she's without a job is a huge shock!
Hot enough to warrant stupidity?
God no! She's a redneck beast!She had some even more incoherent babblings last night after drinking. Several people openly made fun of her, pretty funny stuff.
rom grwo back om foetball got mr VHAY GAI! i

:shrug:Why set it to "only me"? If you don't want anyone to see it, just remove it.But if you're afraid of your friends having access to your phone number, maybe they shouldn't be your friends. :shrug:And the phone numbers have always been there. The "phone book" might be new, but that's it. Can't find it now, but I remember looking at a list of friends and seeing a phone icon next to the ones who had their phone number included in their info.

jdoggydogg said:
Go to Account Settings (upper right). Click on Notifications. Uncheck boxes as needed.I only get emails if someone adds me as a friend or sends me a message.

"Be inspired to ignore their ignorant message, and feel gratitude in your heart that you are not burdened or addicted to hate, as they are" - Lady Gaga
enough with lady gaga on my news feed.

Still can't believe working adult married men use facebook. There's nothing to gain by being on it. "Oh, hey remember Larry from 9th grade! I found him, he's my friend now!!!!" :lmao:

Still can't believe working adult married men use facebook. There's nothing to gain by being on it. "Oh, hey remember Larry from 9th grade! I found him, he's my friend now!!!!" :shrug:
Facebook is, among other things, a means of communicating with people electronically. If there's nothing to be gained from that, working adult married men should give up email as well. And message boards.

Some gal I know from high school posted this today:

So...police are sifting through mulch pile in my front yard looking for the bullet that exited the body of my neighbor last week...so surreal!! Can't wait for all of this investigation to be over so I can walk in my front yard without a "surprise" visitor there....

:thumbup:

Still can't believe working adult married men use facebook. There's nothing to gain by being on it. "Oh, hey remember Larry from 9th grade! I found him, he's my friend now!!!!" :thumbup:
Facebook is, among other things, a means of communicating with people electronically. If there's nothing to be gained from that, working adult married men should give up email as well. And message boards.
zing!

Still can't believe working adult married men use facebook. There's nothing to gain by being on it. "Oh, hey remember Larry from 9th grade! I found him, he's my friend now!!!!" :X
No more of a waste of time than not being on Facebook and feeling the need to open and post in a Facebook thread.

XXX annoyed annoyed annoyed

Yesterday at 8:34 AM

0 Comments

XXX today is making my head spin

23 Hours Ago

0 Comments

XXX its so hard to let go

13 Hours Ago

0 Comments

XXX whew!

29 Minutes Ago

0 Comments

Someone is not giving up this fight for attention. Godspeed.

Funny or over the line?

My sister (who must be trying to lose weight again) put as her status update today:

Is soo looking forward to my 25 yr class reunion! There will be a big surprise for some of my classmates...MUM is the word. if it all works out that is!

First comment was "Tease!" Second comment was "Not even a little hint????" My comment was "Spoiler: She's now a man."

Just waiting for the irate call.

SmoovySmoov said:
Funny or over the line?My sister (who must be trying to lose weight again) put as her status update today:Is soo looking forward to my 25 yr class reunion! There will be a big surprise for some of my classmates...MUM is the word. if it all works out that is!First comment was "Tease!" Second comment was "Not even a little hint????" My comment was "Spoiler: She's now a man."Just waiting for the irate call.
:goodposting:

There's one chick who's on my friends list who's not very bright. She's 24 and about to get married for the 2nd time.

First time was this roided up meathead with an iq of about 50.

This time it's a construction worker redneck felon who not only might have an IQ of about 49... but he's seriously the biggest racist I've ever met. I'm all for a good black/mexican/polish/asian/whatever joke, but this guy is incapable of having a conversation that doesn't devolve into dropping N bombs within 2 mins.

Anyways.... her horrible decision making is beside the point. She has recently found some feature on facebook that allows her to add names. She now has her first name + her dad's first name + her mom's maiden name + her previous husband's last name.

I sarcastically commented that she should add more names to the list and she replied: "I will in bout 2 months lol"

Then again.. this girl isn't exactly a rocket surgeon either. Her most recent status updates:

- Man it is so hot today (most recent)

- 111 hot out

- Omg ali just let chris go.before the end.but I'm glad she picked roberto (I have no idea what this means)

- Monday back to work

- Hot

- Almost time

- Frida yea. Hope to c u tonight (Hope to see WHO exactly?)

- I don't like feeling like I'm being taken advantage of.(Huh?)

- Busy day

etc etc

I know, right?Just phone numbers...out of 170 friends, 33 have mobile and/or land lines on there. WTF?
Why woudnt you want your friends to have your phone number? If not, why put in on FB at all?

There's one chick who's on my friends list who's not very bright. She's 24 and about to get married for the 2nd time.First time was this roided up meathead with an iq of about 50. This time it's a construction worker redneck felon who not only might have an IQ of about 49... but he's seriously the biggest racist I've ever met. I'm all for a good black/mexican/polish/asian/whatever joke, but this guy is incapable of having a conversation that doesn't devolve into dropping N bombs within 2 mins. Anyways.... her horrible decision making is beside the point. She has recently found some feature on facebook that allows her to add names. She now has her first name + her dad's first name + her mom's maiden name + her previous husband's last name. I sarcastically commented that she should add more names to the list and she replied: "I will in bout 2 months lol"Then again.. this girl isn't exactly a rocket surgeon either. Her most recent status updates:- Man it is so hot today (most recent)- 111 hot out- Omg ali just let chris go.before the end.but I'm glad she picked roberto (I have no idea what this means)- Monday back to work- Hot- Almost time- Frida yea. Hope to c u tonight (Hope to see WHO exactly?)- I don't like feeling like I'm being taken advantage of.(Huh?)- Busy dayetc etc
is she hot?

Then again.. this girl isn't exactly a rocket surgeon either. Her most recent status updates:- Man it is so hot today (most recent)- 111 hot out- Omg ali just let chris go.before the end.but I'm glad she picked roberto (I have no idea what this means)- Monday back to work- Hot- Almost time- Frida yea. Hope to c u tonight (Hope to see WHO exactly?)- I don't like feeling like I'm being taken advantage of.(Huh?)- Busy dayetc etc
Stupid people post stupid ####. Seems like a consistent formula.

Users who are viewing this thread