What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (2 Viewers)

Here is the latest dumb chick posting going around:

We are EXPECTING !!! I know. I know. It's crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it yet, but decided to make it official. I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting!!!! Yup it's official ... We are expecting freezing temps today and AGAIN tomorrow!!!!*Re-Post if you have a sense of humor. LOL!!!
Simple creatures, those wimmens.
I've seen this posted about 15 times today and some of them by guys. :lmao:

We are EXPECTING !!! I know. I know. It's crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it yet, but decided to make it official. I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting!!!! Yup it's official ... We are expecting freezing temps today and AGAIN tomorrow!!!!*Re-Post if you have a sense of humor. LOL!!!
I've seen this posted about 15 times today and some of them by guys. :unsure:
Pretty sure there's one giant ####### problem with this.

I've seen this posted about 15 times today and some of them by guys. :thumbup:
Or perhaps hearing the same joke repeated 15 times in one day just isn't funny unless you have a short-term memory problem.

I've seen this posted about 15 times today and some of them by guys. :rolleyes:
Or perhaps hearing the same joke repeated 15 times in one day just isn't funny unless you have a short-term memory problem.
Or maybe it's ####### ######ed, wasn't funny the first time, and your sarcasm meter is broken.

I've seen this posted about 15 times today and some of them by guys. :rolleyes:
Or maybe it's ####### ######ed, wasn't funny the first time, and your sarcasm meter is broken.
This is true and it's due for calibration.

Last edited by a moderator:
This chick I used to fool around with in high school...her MOM is trying to add me. But not her, although she is married (to her former swim coach).

WTF?

Has anybody else discovered that they have "friends" who are insane crazy racists wannabe militia neo-nazis who own all kinds of guns and take pictures with their .50 cal and automatic weapons that may or may not be legal? And if so, what, if anything do you do about it? Do you delete them or keep them so you can watch over them incase they go crazy? Alert authorities to monitor their nutjob pages?

Has anybody else discovered that they have "friends" who are insane crazy racists wannabe militia neo-nazis who own all kinds of guns and take pictures with their .50 cal and automatic weapons that may or may not be legal? And if so, what, if anything do you do about it? Do you delete them or keep them so you can watch over them incase they go crazy? Alert authorities to monitor their nutjob pages?
Replace racists with religious nuts, and guns with inane hardcore right-wing ramblings, and you have my Facebook news feed.

Heads up, there could be a new stupid chick update train going along. My wife had me log into her email and check something for her, and I saw an email invitation through Facebook to a "Women Only" group. I assume this is how they spread their "secret" for their updates. I have a boring life, so I'll hack her facebook tonight and see what the deal is.

Replace racists with religious nuts, and guns with inane hardcore right-wing ramblings, and you have my Facebook news feed.
These 3 guys go on crazy Obama, welfare, immigration, gay etc rants that are pretty offensive. Instinctively I want to delete them, but I feel like watching the madness and being vigilant if #### goes down I guess. Really militant stuff though.

Heads up, there could be a new stupid chick update train going along. My wife had me log into her email and check something for her, and I saw an email invitation through Facebook to a "Women Only" group. I assume this is how they spread their "secret" for their updates. I have a boring life, so I'll hack her facebook tonight and see what the deal is.
FYI, they'll be posting fruits that correspond to their relationship status. It's going to raise awareness for breast cancer, though, so it's going to change the world.

Replace religious nuts with wannabe commies, and inane hardcare right-wing ramblings with inane hardcore left-wing ramblings, and you have my Facebook news feed.BTW, anyone else finding it amusing how many people were posting about how broken up they were over Liz Taylor dying, when most of them probably couldn't name more than one movie she was in or pick her out of a police lineup? Oh how we love to emote.

New friend request on Tuesday night. Girl I knew from school, we were pretty good friends in elementary but ended up in different groups once middle school hit and rarely ever spoke during middle school or high school. I click confirm and she just happens to be on and messages me right away. Over the next half hour, probably each of us send 10 or so messages. 3 times she mentions she has thought a lot about me since HS (almost 14 years ago now), says she often thinks back on her regrets, and even apologizes if she was an (bleep) in high school. I never thought she was an (bleep) and mentioned that but I felt a little awkward that she mentioned so much that she had thought a lot about me and I didn't really comment back as I am a horrible liar and I certainly can't say I have thought about her. And she lives near my parents and says I should come over next time I fly home.

Only on facebook because my sister posts pictures and funny stories of the nephews and easiest way for me to keep up to date with them. Thanks sis.

:lmao: :thumbup:

These 3 guys go on crazy Obama, welfare, immigration, gay etc rants that are pretty offensive. Instinctively I want to delete them, but I feel like watching the madness and being vigilant if #### goes down I guess. Really militant stuff though.
Thats nothing, I have a gay, abnoxious friend from High school whos now a lawyer in Atlanta and i get to hear from him and all his gay friends how great Obama is along with Pelosi and the rest of the clowns. I do enjoy going to his board heckling him and his moronic hippy friends. Im kinda suprised he hasnt defriended me yet... :mellow:

Thats nothing, I have a gay, abnoxious friend from High school whos now a lawyer in Atlanta and i get to hear from him and all his gay friends how great Obama is along with Pelosi and the rest of the clowns. I do enjoy going to his board heckling him and his moronic hippy friends. Im kinda suprised he hasnt defriended me yet... :mellow:
Hipple?

His board?

Hipple?
:lmao:

So a few weeks back someone I never heard from Italy friend requested me. I ignored the friend request because I dont accept friend requests from people I dont know. My father was born in Italy and has numerous relatives that still live there. So I asked him if he knew this person and it turned out she was his niece. My father had a large # of older siblings so even though she was his niece she was close to my father's age. Anyway, since she was my cousin I decided to accept her request. What a mistake. Now Im bombarded daily by messages from her telling me about her family and getting requests from other relatives. All of these messages are obviously in broken English. I feel like Im being spammed at this point lol.

Ive got 4 girls that I recently friend requested from this dating site now on facebook, throw in the fact that im still currently living with the wife until the divorce is final and our house sells. Also have my side squeeze in maine on there and she plans to move out in July. Not sure this is gonna end well. I facebook like crap... :mellow:

Ive got 4 girls that I recently friend requested from this dating site now on facebook, throw in the fact that im still currently living with the wife until the divorce is final and our house sells. Also have my side squeeze in maine on there and she plans to move out in July. Not sure this is gonna end well. I facebook like crap... :mellow:
That's what I don't understand. People talk about using FB to get with chicks but I don't see how it could work when you are working with more than 1 girl. Wouldn't chick A being seeing what chick B wrote?

That's what I don't understand. People talk about using FB to get with chicks but I don't see how it could work when you are working with more than 1 girl. Wouldn't chick A being seeing what chick B wrote?
It is all about privacy settings. Plus you have to put people into different groups and use the privacy lock when you post stuff, so you can have certain people not see things you put up.Other then that--Private messages are your friend, not wall posting.

It is all about privacy settings. Plus you have to put people into different groups and use the privacy lock when you post stuff, so you can have certain people not see things you put up.Other then that--Private messages are your friend, not wall posting.
I need a lesson on these settings.

Apparently it was dance competition weekend. Lots of creepy pictures on Facebook of little girls wearing way too much makeup.

So if I send a friend request, it was not accepted by the hot chick who does not actually know me. But I can now see all her updates on my news feed, is this the standard way that works??

Don't do what I did and create a group for people you want to block. I didn't know that it sent out a notice to them for joining a group called "People I Don't Like." Let's just say I had some explaining to do. :bag:

Don't do what I did and create a group for people you want to block. I didn't know that it sent out a notice to them for joining a group called "People I Don't Like." Let's just say I had some explaining to do. :bag:
Yes. You don't want groups. You want lists.

So if I send a friend request, it was not accepted by the hot chick who does not actually know me. But I can now see all her updates on my news feed, is this the standard way that works??
I've wondered about that too. I have a couple of old friends that I friended but they still haven't accepted. Yet, on occasion I can see them make posts or who they add as friends in my news feed.

'SlaX said:
'mozzy84 said:
I've wondered about that too. I have a couple of old friends that I friended but they still haven't accepted. Yet, on occasion I can see them make posts or who they add as friends in my news feed.
I am assuming if they do nothing (like actually deny it)with the friend request this is what happens??

'JbizzleMan said:
:lmao:

'SlaX said:
'mozzy84 said:
I thihk if you send out a friend request and they click the link to your profile, then you can see their page, updates, etc. for like 30 days or something.

The other day I was at a coffee-tasting event at the local cafe. While in the back room a guy comes in and takes my picture. He asks if he can add me on Facebook because he posts the pictures there and he likes to tag everyone in them. Thinking this is a cafe employee posting to the company page, I say "sure" and add him.

Only later did I find out that he has nothing to do with the cafe. He's just some local camera-obsessed kid who was wandering around the cafe that day. This pissed me off until I checked his page and saw that he has over 600 friends, at least 250 of which are fairly hot girls who have their privacy settings set to allow friends of friends to see all their pics. Further, this guy spends his entire life wandering around taking pictures of people and adding them on Facebook. He averages 10 adds a day, 3 of which are attractive chicks.

So now I'm not pissed off. I'm FACEBOOK WINNING.

An employee hired today at my company, sitting in a high traffic area where his monitor can be seen by many, was looking at Facebook today.

He will not last long

'Maurile Tremblay said:
'JbizzleMan said:
Yes. You don't want groups. You want lists.
Can we get a little tutorial or tips on using FB better? I'm realizing there's a ton I don't know.

FYI Facebookers, in case you haven't seen:

ATTENTION! While on FB, look at your URL address (the very top box on your screen.) If u see "http:" instead of "https:" then u DO NOT have a secure session & can be HACKED. Go to Account - Account Settings - Account Security - click Change. Check box (secure browsing), click Save. FB has automatically set it on the non-secure setting...! Do your friends a huge favor, copy & Re-post

I had to do this as I was http.....

Users who are viewing this thread