What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (2 Viewers)

Here's some Facebook shtick to try out. Give it a whirl and report back.

Upload this picture (I cropped out the bottom part) and post it along with a smug message. I posted "1469 Points. Probably one of my best plays ever. Top 5 at least." If you know someone who plays, tag them in the picture.

Started off with replies from random people either congratulating me or commenting how they'd never want to play me. Eventually someone who really knows me called :bs:

Good stuff :lmao:

Found one!

Posted: "Is now holding auditions for the new BABY DADDY position. Applicants will now be rated according to brain & penis size, mental awareness, vocabulary, stamina, gift giving aptitude & potential."

:lmao:

23 comments

58 likes

Posted only 5 hours ago.

Dear fitness extraordinaire,

Please be sure to keep us all updated on all of your workouts, times, goals, marathons, charity runs, future endeavors, and criticism of other gym goers. Don't forget to use multiple exclamation points!!! and cliche sayings. I am literally on the edge of my seat, wearing my fingerprints off as I F5 for every update.

Commenters, please continue to like and then comment something like "WOW!!1! GREAT JOB!!" to every single thing they post, thus encouraging such "look at me" behavior.

Kthnx

Dear fitness extraordinaire,Please be sure to keep us all updated on all of your workouts, times, goals, marathons, charity runs, future endeavors, and criticism of other gym goers. Don't forget to use multiple exclamation points!!! and cliche sayings. I am literally on the edge of my seat, wearing my fingerprints off as I F5 for every update.Commenters, please continue to like and then comment something like "WOW!!1! GREAT JOB!!" to every single thing they post, thus encouraging such "look at me" behavior.Kthnx
:goodposting: Great job! Keep it up!! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
'ThaPenguin said:
Dear fitness extraordinaire,Please be sure to keep us all updated on all of your workouts, times, goals, marathons, charity runs, future endeavors, and criticism of other gym goers. Don't forget to use multiple exclamation points!!! and cliche sayings. I am literally on the edge of my seat, wearing my fingerprints off as I F5 for every update.Commenters, please continue to like and then comment something like "WOW!!1! GREAT JOB!!" to every single thing they post, thus encouraging such "look at me" behavior.Kthnx
The only thing more boring than exercise is talking about exercise.

If you unfriend someone are they notified? I desparately need to cut some fat.
Not by default. There is a new add-on called Unfriend Finder that actually does work, though. So, if they have it, they'll be notified that you're no longer on their friends list.

Recently, a buddy un-friended me. He un-friended Mrs. Dogg, too. This guy's always been good at talking trash, but cries like a baby when someone confronts his bull####. Well, have fun. Have fun reading your friend's boring-### posts about laundry and the weather.

I received yet another Facebook friend request from a casual acquaintance - no, practically a stranger. Why? Don't people understand that I need this forum to vent all my vulgar rage?

If you unfriend someone are they notified? I desparately need to cut some fat.
This is why hide is so awesome. You don't hurt their feelings, and you don't have to read their boring posts.
:goodposting:Short of a stalker situation, there's no reason not to hide instead of unfriend.
Oh well, I couldn't take seeing a new picture of the twins laying on a couch EVERY SINGLE DAY anymore. Unfriend.
By hiding you wouldn't have had to see any of the pictures either...

Don't you just love getting into it with people you don't know via the Share option? This girl who was one of my students shared this doinger's picture taken at a gas pump next to the $3.59 price. It basically said "Hey voter. Remember when the price of gas in January 2009 was $1.58? How's that Hope and Change working out for you? Anyone but Obama 2012." I felt compelled to try to drop a little bit of knowledge and wrote "Not only is the price quoted just completely factually incorrect, but the President himself does not set the price of gas. It actually comes from the brokers who handle the selling of gas basically betting on what the price of oil drums will do in the future." This kid immediately deleted the post off his picture. I then followed up with "It was actually $3.11" and provided the link. That got me a snotty "Stop posting on my pics!" message. I love it when people don't listen to reason.

Don't you just love getting into it with people you don't know via the Share option? This girl who was one of my students shared this doinger's picture taken at a gas pump next to the $3.59 price. It basically said "Hey voter. Remember when the price of gas in January 2009 was $1.58? How's that Hope and Change working out for you? Anyone but Obama 2012." I felt compelled to try to drop a little bit of knowledge and wrote "Not only is the price quoted just completely factually incorrect, but the President himself does not set the price of gas. It actually comes from the brokers who handle the selling of gas basically betting on what the price of oil drums will do in the future." This kid immediately deleted the post off his picture. I then followed up with "It was actually $3.11" and provided the link. That got me a snotty "Stop posting on my pics!" message. I love it when people don't listen to reason.
One of my wife's students is a 19 year old pampered, privileged jerk. At 19, he's already a hard core Republican who listens to Rush Limbaugh and watches FOX News. I told him that even though we don't agree on these matters, I think it's great that he's interested in politics. The only advice I gave him was to troll web sites like factcheck.org so at least he'd be getting some objective news. Clearly, that hasn't helped. He just posted these two items this month:Him: "Santorum's still my number one choice."

Me: "Choice for what? Biggest ###hole?"

Him: "Prop 8 struck down by court. Once again, California ignores We The People."

Me: "I think you should read the constitution. We The People once believed that interracial marriage was wrong. #### We The People."

One of my wife's students is a 19 year old pampered, privileged jerk. At 19, he's already a hard core Republican who listens to Rush Limbaugh and watches FOX News. I told him that even though we don't agree on these matters, I think it's great that he's interested in politics. The only advice I gave him was to troll web sites like factcheck.org so at least he'd be getting some objective news. Clearly, that hasn't helped. He just posted these two items this month:

Him: "Santorum's still my number one choice."

Him: "Prop 8 struck down by court. Once again, California ignores We The People."

Me: "I think you should read the constitution. We The People once believed that interracial marriage was wrong. #### We The People."
You posted curse words on a 19-year-old's wall?

One of my wife's students is a 19 year old pampered, privileged jerk. At 19, he's already a hard core Republican who listens to Rush Limbaugh and watches FOX News. I told him that even though we don't agree on these matters, I think it's great that he's interested in politics. The only advice I gave him was to troll web sites like factcheck.org so at least he'd be getting some objective news. Clearly, that hasn't helped. He just posted these two items this month:

:goodposting: And on his wife's student's wall, no less.

The kid is 19, not 9. Also, from the context of the post, he's got a closer relationship with him then "just one of his wife's students"

The kid is 19, not 9. Also, from the context of the post, he's got a closer relationship with him then "just one of his wife's students"
Still seems like a juvenile thing to do

Thanks, dad.

Yes.

We're pretty close.

This seems like the appropriate forum to post juvenile behavior.

Just learned via Facebook that my sister got engaged. I don't mind learning via Facebook that someone who I haven't talked to since high school got engaged, but my own sister? I'm about ready to close my account (after I yell at my sister).

So my fiance just called me saying that when she went to login to facebook at work ( :lmao: ) that she got a prompt that somebody had attempted to login to her account from mexico. And it asked "is this you". When she clicked "no" she had to change her password. She changed it and then Facebook sent her email confirmations that her password had been changed.

Was the prompt a scam and now she fell into the trap, or was that proper facebook security?

So my fiance just called me saying that when she went to login to facebook at work ( :lmao: ) that she got a prompt that somebody had attempted to login to her account from mexico. And it asked "is this you". When she clicked "no" she had to change her password. She changed it and then Facebook sent her email confirmations that her password had been changed. Was the prompt a scam and now she fell into the trap, or was that proper facebook security?
I think that's standard Facebook security. It even prompts me to do this if I'm using Facebook on my phone in a different state.

So my fiance just called me saying that when she went to login to facebook at work ( :lmao: ) that she got a prompt that somebody had attempted to login to her account from mexico. And it asked "is this you". When she clicked "no" she had to change her password. She changed it and then Facebook sent her email confirmations that her password had been changed. Was the prompt a scam and now she fell into the trap, or was that proper facebook security?
This happened to me the other day as well. Only it was someone from South America. I got it in my email and was told to click the link. I instead backed out and then logged into FB the correct way and changed my password there, just in case.

This happened to me the other day as well. Only it was someone from South America. I got it in my email and was told to click the link. I instead backed out and then logged into FB the correct way and changed my password there, just in case.
I'm not sure if she backed out or not. Whether she clicked an email link or whether there was a pop-up or prompt simply when she opened facebook on the PC. I just instructed her to enable secure browsing (if it wasnt already) and then to change her password again directly on FB, and then to change the passwords on other accounts she may have just changed (which the prompt suggested that she do).

Anybody else having their news feed suddenly inundated with people's comments on others statues, videos on viddy and other comments to/from people you aren't even friends with? Are all my comments now being posted to news feeds as well? I thought I had turned that off. It just seems like the content of my news feed has taken a drastic change for the worse this week.

Anybody else having their news feed suddenly inundated with people's comments on others statues, videos on viddy and other comments to/from people you aren't even friends with? Are all my comments now being posted to news feeds as well? I thought I had turned that off. It just seems like the content of my news feed has taken a drastic change for the worse this week.
Definitely seen a rise in viddy. I see some comments from people im not friends with but they are always a comment on one of my friends updates... there is usually a friend link in some way.

Its weird. Im seeing when friends comment on status, links, and photos of people im not friends with. Its like there is a new filter that is turned off. I dont get it. And i dont want all my comments to people being thrown out there either.

Its weird. Im seeing when friends comment on status, links, and photos of people im not friends with. Its like there is a new filter that is turned off. I dont get it. And i dont want all my comments to people being thrown out there either.
I see this too. In fact, I rarely see when an actual friend comment is posted unless I check their wall. The feed is too cluttered with everything else, including all the stuff from people I don't even know.I still want a feed filter. Is that too hard? I can live with Timeline, but give me a way to filter what I see on the news feed wall. If it's there, I can't find it.

I see this too. In fact, I rarely see when an actual friend comment is posted unless I check their wall. The feed is too cluttered with everything else, including all the stuff from people I don't even know.I still want a feed filter. Is that too hard? I can live with Timeline, but give me a way to filter what I see on the news feed wall. If it's there, I can't find it.
You can unsubscribe from certain people as well as types of things that pop up in your news feed. You can also filter by importance...

PSA:

Don't click on link that have anything to do with SOCIALCAM unless you want the world to know you watched that video <_<

Might I recommend taking a peek at the great Lindsey Vonn's latest entry???

HERE. :wub:

I'm looking through the suggested friends list and I found someone that I have zero mutual friends with and no school or cities in common. How is this possible?
And i am constantly seeing comments or likes in my news feed from friends commenting/liking things from people I have zero connection with. Really clutters up the feed.

I have a few family members who have gone overboard sharing political posts from other pages... every day my news feed looks worse than the FFA. I'd prefer not to remove the people from my news feed since I do care about the other stuff that they post

Is there a way to hide one particular page from being shared? Most of the shared posts come from a small handful of Facebook pages, so if I could just hide/block the pages themselves it would make things a lot better.

I don't have an answer to the previous post but I found out what a good friend of mine did today. He somehow blocked me from seeing his posts but didn't unfriend me.

This guy is just constantly bombarding everyone with political stuff but he will sprinkle in some stuff about his family or sports once in a while. A few days ago I responded to one of his posts. Nothing mean, just a subtle hint of how he's a bit hypocritical.

I just noticed in the past few days I've seen nothing from him so I went to his page and voilla, a few days worth of his political ramblings. I can only assume he wants people who agree with to read his stuff.

I don't have an answer to the previous post but I found out what a good friend of mine did today. He somehow blocked me from seeing his posts but didn't unfriend me. This guy is just constantly bombarding everyone with political stuff but he will sprinkle in some stuff about his family or sports once in a while. A few days ago I responded to one of his posts. Nothing mean, just a subtle hint of how he's a bit hypocritical. I just noticed in the past few days I've seen nothing from him so I went to his page and voilla, a few days worth of his political ramblings. I can only assume he wants people who agree with to read his stuff.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it works like that.

I don't have an answer to the previous post but I found out what a good friend of mine did today. He somehow blocked me from seeing his posts but didn't unfriend me. This guy is just constantly bombarding everyone with political stuff but he will sprinkle in some stuff about his family or sports once in a while. A few days ago I responded to one of his posts. Nothing mean, just a subtle hint of how he's a bit hypocritical. I just noticed in the past few days I've seen nothing from him so I went to his page and voilla, a few days worth of his political ramblings. I can only assume he wants people who agree with to read his stuff.
I could be wrong, but I don't think it works like that.
There is a setting that you can use to prevent people from seeing what you post without actually unfriending them. I stumbled on it when I was trying to figure out how to block individual pages.

Users who are viewing this thread