What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Sorry to bump an old thread but... had to deactivate tonight. My daughter-in-law has been off work over a month already on maternity leave. Seems to find plenty of time to dine out, go out for drinks, and watch every reality show ever conceived. She posts complaining that the network dared cut in to Dancing with the Stars to cover some ISIS thing! And what is ISIS anyways??? Needless to say, I had to post a bit about how they've only been all over TV what with the lopping off of American citizen's heads and all. Her response, "I have a baby now, I don't have time for news." Now, think about that. She doesn't have time to watch news is her complaint and excuse for ignorance, in response to a post about her precious DWTS being interrupted. In the interest of family peace, and not ruining any chance of my wife ever seeing her grandchild again, had to just shut it down, as this is the level of intelligence I have been forced to tolerate while searching for that rare, meaningful nugget. It was just no longer worth it.
I'm siding with your daughter-in-law on this one. Dancing with the Stars is mindless dreck, but it has more value than the news. At least there's dancing.

Maybe ISIS wouldn't be the violent savages they are today if, during their formative years, they'd spent their time watching shows about dancing instead of concerning themselves with the news. Watching the news serves only to aggrieve people. Look how it's affected your own relationships with your family.

Turn the channel, TxBuckeye, and live a happier life. You deserve it, GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump an old thread but... had to deactivate tonight. My daughter-in-law has been off work over a month already on maternity leave. Seems to find plenty of time to dine out, go out for drinks, and watch every reality show ever conceived. She posts complaining that the network dared cut in to Dancing with the Stars to cover some ISIS thing! And what is ISIS anyways??? Needless to say, I had to post a bit about how they've only been all over TV what with the lopping off of American citizen's heads and all. Her response, "I have a baby now, I don't have time for news." Now, think about that. She doesn't have time to watch news is her complaint and excuse for ignorance, in response to a post about her precious DWTS being interrupted. In the interest of family peace, and not ruining any chance of my wife ever seeing her grandchild again, had to just shut it down, as this is the level of intelligence I have been forced to tolerate while searching for that rare, meaningful nugget. It was just no longer worth it.
I'm siding with your daughter-in-law on this one. Dancing with the Stars is mindless dreck, but it has more value than the news. At least there's dancing.

Maybe ISIS wouldn't be the violent savages they are today if, during their formative years, they'd spent their time watching shows about dancing instead of concerning themselves with the news. Watching the news serves only to aggrieve people. Look how it's affected your own relationships with your family.

This is how I feel about it. The self-importance / self-identity of being political is almost unbelievable these days. I liked it better when politics wasn't discussed as much.

This is how I feel about it. The self-importance / self-identity of being political is almost unbelievable these days. I liked it better when politics wasn't discussed as much.
Agreed. Manufactured hatred towards another group.

Users who are viewing this thread